Haveing issues updateing the game

wilson47984

Jan 20, 2024
So whenever there would be an update on my old phone all I would have to do is download it and it would automatically update for me once I clicked on the download. But now I have noticed ever since I got my new phone that it's downloads as a zip instead of and apk file so it nolonger auto does it for me is there a way to fix that? And sorry I suck at explaining things if it is confusing to understand my problem?

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
This sounds more like you're fat-fingering it, accidentally selecting the Windows version. I rather doubt your phone is zipping files on download.

wilson47984

Jan 20, 2024
So whenever there would be an update on my old phone all I would have to do is download it and it would automatically update for me once I clicked on the download. But now I have noticed ever since I got my new phone that it's downloads as a zip instead of and apk file so it nolonger auto does it for me is there a way to fix that? And sorry I suck at explaining things if it is confusing to understand my problem?

This sounds more like you're fat-fingering it, accidentally selecting the Windows version. I rather doubt your phone is zipping files on download.
Here is a fresh download of the game as you can see it is a zip file

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240421_111058_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240421_111058_Chrome.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
You'll need to install an unzipping tool. RAR is free and fairly simple to use just like it's windows counterpart. You should be able to just double tap zip file then do the same with the APK and it will automatically extract before installing the game.

That is really weird though. I can't seem to replicate your issue on my PC or phone. All APK files are technically ZIP files so it may just be that your device just isn't distinguishing the two.

wilson47984

Jan 20, 2024
You'll need to install an unzipping tool. RAR is free and fairly simple to use just like it's windows counterpart. You should be able to just double tap zip file then do the same with the APK and it will automatically extract before installing the game.

That is really weird though. I can't seem to replicate your issue on my PC or phone. All APK files are technically ZIP files so it may just be that your device just isn't distinguishing the two.
Alright thanks I will try it out later

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Android APK files are zip files, just with a defined set of directories and files in them. You can take any APK file, rename it to ZIP, and open it with your favorite archive manipulation tool, and see the files within.
The main problem is when a site cough Patreon cough gets into the grey region of being too smart/too dumb, and says "I am going to look at the contents of the file to decide what it is, and then force the extension to be what I think it should be, for some poorly understood idea of security" that you have a problem.

tl;dr - just rename the file you download from .ZIP to .APK and it will install just fine.