Have been the last prode added?

jaimd

Jul 12, 2017
Hi! I dont know if i spelled it right so sorry for mispelling it the thing is that i have been a fan of tits for years but i wanted to stop for like a year to see the new content. Does the i think it was the 4th or the 5th? Prode has been added so we can have an ending to the story as steele? Or not yet?

And side note only played a very early version of coc2 should i play it now or wait one year ot 2?

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Hi! I dont know if i spelled it right so sorry for mispelling it the thing is that i have been a fan of tits for years but i wanted to stop for like a year to see the new content. Does the i think it was the 4th or the 5th? Prode has been added so we can have an ending to the story as steele? Or not yet?

And side note only played a very early version of coc2 should i play it now or wait one year ot 2?

What's the hurry? The best time to play is now, if you hold off until its completed the relative urgency of the task at hand won't allow you to explore the game at your leisure. This is only half true of course but it will feel much more jarring when you/Steele take on three or four extra quests on let's say... Myrellion, or fly off to save Kiro's skin, or generally just chase galactic poontang in spite of the stakes when the game is already complete and seven more probes are out there for you to reach before Jill/Jack can beat you to them.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
That sort of thinking is why i don't waste time on side stuff until i get the Tarkus probe, Jack/Jill can only track my ship at that point and i enjoy both the freedom to take my time and also to piss them off with my stalling. I imagine them getting increasingly frustrated that i won't go for the next probe for several months.

Haha yeah, it's always been this way tbh... not just TiTs but CoC before it too that's why I speak from experience. Once CoC was complete the experience changed from exploring the game's content to power-levelling and speedrunning the dungeons to complete the task you set out to do preferrably before the end of the year when Ingnam would send your replacement.

The same applies to Steele's quest too, once the game is complete and content is no longer being drip-fed to us the experience will change, players will rush from probe to probe because we can get away with faffing about now but logically speaking, given the world they live in there's no reason Cuz couldn't triangulate the next probe's location with some bajillion-credit AI Supercomputer based on the previous coordinates, their resources far surpasses the Captain's after all.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I never played the game long enough for that to happen... is that what happens?

...No, the game's core quest isn't built to play a whole year, but that is what's impressed on you, the reader as your Champion enters the portal. The latest in a long line Champions (or more accurately sacrificial lambs to feed the Elder's pact with Mareth's demons.) Once every year a new Champion is selected to go through the portal, and in a handful of bad ends (such as Kelts and Izma's,) your 'successor' does make cameos wherein its inferred they too ultimately fall victim to their corruptive influence as you did.

Last edited:

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Right, my point was... Steele's quest has a similar abstract urgency to it, my Techie's currently on day 227, and is laden with a 70% Bulky Belly. As the game stands now I could, can, and probably would (if it didn't also mean missing out on the birth of Aina's child, rotten timing.) wait out the rest of the unwanted pregnancy in the maternity ward, but if the game were complete I probably wouldn't be at ease with waiting another 100 days in idleness while the probes are out there. Even if Cuz doesn't somehow triangulate the next position, they're not the only concern, just the prime one.

Remember the Tarkus, Myrellion and Zheng Shi probes were already claimed by locals when you find them, the latter would've probably been lost if Steele had arrived any later than they did, since the Sidewinder was more or less finished by then. The Dhaal probe is probably in the clutches of some megacorp, and then there's the uncounted Steele Bastards roaming the galaxy to consider too... not all of them are gonna be as unmoved as Shade by the promise of limitless riches.

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
Victor really should have kept a list of all his bastards somewhere. Probably should've taken some more measures to ensure that PC/Captain Steele would be the only one who could legitimately access the probes, or failing that prevent Jack/Jill specifically from being able to. Maybe required verification as a Steele Tech employee in addition to actually being part of the Steele family tree, since presumably only Captain Steele would be able to meet both requirements (or at least any relatives in the company would hopefully respect Victor's wishes and not attempt to go after the probes themselves). For all we know, there ARE other Steele bastards who have encountered a probe and are attempting to claim the company; and Shade being unmoved is a unique case.

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
Even just locking it to whatever percentage relation you get from direct descendants of Victor, Jack/Jill are the offspring of Victor's brother so there's however much difference in genes you get from that, plus half of whatever they got from their mother, they really ought to be a lot less genetically related to Victor than the PC or Shade. I cbf working it out but if for example the PC is 50% Steele then surely J/J are like 25% or less... maybe a squige more? Not really sure how much relation brothers have. Whatever the case, if it's a case of adding a margin of error, require the probe to detect at least 45% Steele DNA to unlock, J/J ought not have enough to unlock it at that point.
And requiring Steele Tech employee credentials in addition to the genetic lock stops basically anyone besides PC and any of Victor's bastards working in the company whether they're a Steele or not. Seems like Victor either didn't try very hard to keep Max and Jack/Jill (or any of his own bastards) from being able to take the company out from under PC; or he was incredibly bad at planning in this specific case and just didn't account for someone other than PC attempting unlock the probes.

Kaiio

Dec 30, 2015
Vic mentions a few dozen probes in the beginning though. I guess he could be lying, or it could be retconned, or we could find a later probe by accident.

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
If there's only ten probes to find in the game and Victor sent out more, it could just be be for redundancy. I'm pretty sure that it's stated the probes were just kinda launched out with no set destination besides "random place in the Planet Rush". I'd like to think that the probes were programmed with a set of parameters to determine if they were in a place that Steele could reasonably go get them without being in excessive danger that surpasses their ability to handle. More likely than not, at least one ended up on a death world or something that it would unreasonable to expect Steele to try and retrieve it from, so none of the other probes would give that one's coordinates as the next location.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Prode?

I don't know what a prode is. If you're talking about Probes, everyone else covered it. Still a long way from game completion. But you should be enjoying the journey anyway.

As for CoC 2, Winter City will be in the next public patch, so it's totally worth playing. You wouldn't want Savin, TObs, Wsan and all the other writers and coders to feel bad would you?

jaimd

Jul 12, 2017
Hi! Nice read i had :) yeah i should also give a try the thing is that im unable to do so. I love to play on my pc and the android version is too small for my poor sight i have someone living at my place and i dont want to know this taste of me kinda shy about this. How is everyone that play tits/coc1 and 2 what you feel about the person who lives with you about liking this stuff and sometimes releasing stress and steam?

And how you found about this games?
For me i always loved TF stories on deviant art and wanted to search if a tf game existed and well found this and since i found some kinks i didnt knew i had even better :)