Harem, Dark RPG (VXA) game. v2c3m1 released 3/25/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
This thread is for the Harem RPG game, a RPG-VX ACE game for which I'm the lead designer and programmer.

Harem is a dark adult RPG featuring heavy mind control, slavery, bondage and coercion fetishes as well as a spiritual subtext and questions on morality.  It is not for the faint hearted or easily offended!  Nearly everything that you do in the game would (and should) have you arrested in real life but some of us enjoy the darker fantasies.  If you do not, don’t play it. What I hope you find if you do choose to play it is an interesting story jammed full of as many interesting characters as I can think of and then get to watch as you fuck them into slavery.

Current content:

8 women to find and enslave
50 scenes among them
About 800 pages of text/dialogue with a similar number of images made in 3dcg.
2 paths : About 2hr-2hr30m per path.

Download links:

[SIZE=11pt]Base game, requires VX ACE RTP installed separately.[/SIZE]

http://www.filefactory.com/file/66ejipzco8jf/v2c3m1.2%20base.exe
http://rg.to/file/f69b6928f4b96b8781b599d0f1dad21d/v2c3m1.2_base.exe.html

[SIZE=11pt]Game w/ RTP, requires no other installation but significantly larger[/SIZE]

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7inn9hap6rb5/v2c3m1.2%20%2B%20RTP.exe
http://rg.to/file/8652f9e83c46869f4542508a692df0e5/v2c3m1.2___RTP.exe.html

[SIZE=11pt]Additional links available on the blog if those don’t work for you.[/SIZE]

I have decided to accept donations for the game through Patreon! If you wish to support for the rewrite in progress please check it out!
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&u=2583450&ty=h
[SIZE=11pt]Blog link : http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/[/SIZE]

Not convinced to try it?
Spoiler free:  Your homeland is suffering a curse that has made all the women of the land barren.  The plan is to go out a raiding to find fertile women and bring them back in chains to save your kind but there are other forces at play in this land and they have plans of their own.  Are you their pawn or the master of your own destiny?

The game isn’t a fixed series of events and events will alter based on your decisions.  On either path you are a scoundrel, but will you maintain a shred of honor and respect or throw it all to the wind and revel in your power.  None of the characters is static and their personalities evolve with yours over time. 

Currently there is minimal combat along the main path and I’ll try to keep it to a minimum in the future.  Combat grinding will never be required for anything but bonus scenes and even then it’ll be rare.  Grinding of a sexual sort will continue to be commonplace.

We just restarted the game and will be working through all the old content to bring it up to our current standards and ideas. v2 0.1 has 8 scenes and 2 women to recruit. About 30 minutes to an hour per path.  If you read through this thread, you’ll see a lot of references to events the game doesn’t have as we just rebooted it for this version and are reworking our way through the content.  If you want a longer explanation on why I thought that was necessary please check out my blog.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. Good or bad, bug report or idea, I want to hear it. Feedback is tremendously motivating to me so please post here! Many of the events and H scenes came directly from this thread, I'm always looking for new ideas.

If you do not have the RPG maker VX ACE Run-time package installed, you'll have to download that first. It's at
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/...you-rtp-vx-ace
and has all the generic art content the game uses. It's free, no registration required. The game is free of missing or corrupted files and any error generated by the game is because of a corrupted or missing RTP or a corrupted download of the game itself.

Harem is not a solo project. Full credits are in the game and in a .txt file in the download. License terms are also in a .txt file

Enjoy, any and all feedback is appreciated. Negative is fine as long as it's constructive. Sample images provided below so you can get an idea of what the art and writing style is for the game, as well as introduce you to some of the characters.

[SIZE=12pt]Credit to the people who helped out with their time![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Copy Editor and Sanity Checker -HirotonoRei[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Testing - [/SIZE]Hunter769, DoomPanda, Avikash, Matt, Omnibomb, Gegrafsd and Sacr3d

Donna forum.jpgSarah forum.jpgSam Forum.jpg

Terra forum.jpgCindy Forum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I remember playing this game many years ago, probably among the first adult games I downloaded. 

Has there been many changes from the original  yet or will that happen later?

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I remember playing this game many years ago, probably among the first adult games I downloaded. 

Has there been many changes from the original  yet or will that happen later?

Almost all content has been rewritten in the new version, in particular I thought a lot of the writing early on was the poorest.  The 400 pages of text figure comes from what I've written since the reboot and it's probably 95% of the content.  While the story will follow a similar arc there were many things I felt the need to change, not just the engine.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Almost all content has been rewritten in the new version, in particular I thought a lot of the writing early on was the poorest.  The 400 pages of text figure comes from what I've written since the reboot and it's probably 95% of the content.  While the story will follow a similar arc there were many things I felt the need to change, not just the engine.

That's good to know.

Do you plan to have more rewards once you've reached a certain amount on your Patreon for each month, like the weekly blog posts for $100 you already have.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Updated version Harem v2c2.2 released

Mostly just fixing a few bugs

-Removed Cindy from base. She wasn't ever going to have content after capture but I had put her there as a trophy but it wasn't a good idea.  She might get promoted back into the game later but don't count on it.
-To fix characters use the 'Check Id Ring' skill under the main character
-Gave Terra the ability to cast spells.
-Removed the magic option from character who couldn't use magic.
-Reorder character reset and join events for item consistency.  There may be excess items when upgrading from an old version.  Sell em or keep em, doesn't matter.
-Fixed various items that were usable when they should not be

The Id Ring functionality will be changing going forward.  It will no longer be an equip-able item, rather something inherent to the main character and usable as a skill rather than an item.  Makes it much simpler from a coding perspective.  The skill will function as a quest guide (assuming I haven't forgotten to update it) and an option to reset your characters.  This won't change their level at all, it resets them to the updated code for them and then relevels them to their old level.  Lets me correct/rebalance the game but not try to force it down the players throats.

Base game
http://www.filefactory.com/file/4oogutmgw3xn/Harem_v2c2.2.exe
http://rg.to/file/06caf543fd1c8cdf6742b540c70d86b2/Harem_v2c2.2.exe.html
With RTP
http://www.filefactory.com/file/6fsl2gtnmm5r/Harem_v2c2.2%20+%20RTP.exe
http://rg.to/file/f67d0e828cb7e81a004d8e78631c8e65/Harem_v2c2.2___RTP.exe.html

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Understandable about Cindy. Couldn't see much use from her at the current moment. Maybe she could become a shopkeeper or something later.

There seems to be a bug when you leave the base, as sometimes it does the event of you planning to travel the continent even though the scene has already been seen and you've already been to the continent.

Samantha doesn't have a character description as well on the Status screen.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Understandable about Cindy. Couldn't see much use from her at the current moment. Maybe she could become a shopkeeper or something later.

There seems to be a bug when you leave the base, as sometimes it does the event of you planning to travel the continent even though the scene has already been seen and you've already been to the continent.

Samantha doesn't have a character description as well on the Status screen.

That was actually what had happened to her in v1.  I had no idea what to do with her so I stuck her as the brothel madame just to get her out of the way.  But part of what I want to do is be able to write disposable characters, The plot dictates a new character to be fucked but there isn't much of a character concept behind her.  But I thought I had to always write scenes for every character every release which lead to a lot of dull scenes and a lot of time spent writing them.  Cindy is designed to create the concept of a 'minor' slave, where they have a sequence but then just vanish.  Characters that still have a plot but not a combat role will be 'resource slaves' which there will be 2 of in Chapter 3.  And then you have the real characters you already know.

I'll try to resolve those two issues.  The repeating base scene has proven to be difficult to track down though.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
What do you mean by resource slaves? Do you mean they'll be shopkeepers, quest givers, item gathers or something else?

And where would the minor slaves vanish to? Just some random area of the base or something?

ker

Dec 11, 2015
What do you mean by resource slaves? Do you mean they'll be shopkeepers, quest givers, item gathers or something else?

And where would the minor slaves vanish to? Just some random area of the base or something?

Categories.  Major slaves are those that join you in combat and in the base.  Resource slaves are not in the party but are in the base.  They'll serve a variety of roles but mostly as questgivers.  Minor slaves aren't in either.  The game references barracks in your base, you can just assume that they're hanging out in there if you wish :)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
That's good to know.

Will you be changing the opening pic on the title screen to fit how your changing the game or are you going to keep it the same? Mostly asking because of the new minor slave category.

Also, Will Ralph get a unique avatar for himself like the other party members?

ker

Dec 11, 2015
That's good to know.

Will you be changing the opening pic on the title screen to fit how your changing the game or are you going to keep it the same? Mostly asking because of the new minor slave category.

Also, Will Ralph get a unique avatar for himself like the other party members?

Nah, I like the image so it'll stay as is.  And considering how laughably bad my Photoshop skills are, unless someone volunteers to create a new emotion set like I have for the red haired Ralph it'll just have to do :)

ker

Dec 11, 2015
So we're finishing up the writing and coding for Chapter 3 and starting to look forward.  There will be a minor release before you actually get to go into the Corsix mines again and it's a few months out but I've been thinking about that section.  Initially there were tentacle rape-beasts in the mines because it was a hentai game so of course there was.  But as the plot and story behind Harem developed it became less of a hentai game and more a western adult RPG and increasingly they felt out of place.  As I'm rewriting the game I'm asking myself should they be in there at all.  I’ve created a poll for my Patreons but I do want to get everyone’s feedback.  So let me know if you want the tentacle beasts to still be in the game or should I create a new threat!

And just to clarify, Lesser Corsix will still be under attack and you'll still be venturing into the mines to save the city and earn the 'respect' of a few of its inhabitants.  Much of the structure will remain the same, I'm just trying to decide the nature of the threat.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Well, given what the main focus of the game is I don't think that tentacles really add to the game.  Ask yourself why someone would want to play your game and then consider if that suggests that your players would be into a tentacle sequence.  Heck, consider if people who are into tentacles would play the game just for that one section with the tentacles as well.  I think those are really why you should or should not include them.  That said, if they're an optional thing that people can just avoid if they're not interested in it without too much trouble, then it isn't exactly a problem to include them.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Not really sure about Tentacles myself. Maybe a subterranean race of creatures which wish to conquer the world or are trying to settle into new territory after their losing their home to another Subterranean race/ tribe could fit the Corsix plot better.

It's up to you in the end.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Well, given what the main focus of the game is I don't think that tentacles really add to the game.  Ask yourself why someone would want to play your game and then consider if that suggests that your players would be into a tentacle sequence.  Heck, consider if people who are into tentacles would play the game just for that one section with the tentacles as well.  I think those are really why you should or should not include them.  That said, if they're an optional thing that people can just avoid if they're not interested in it without too much trouble, then it isn't exactly a problem to include them.

Which is mostly why their being reconsidered.  If they are going to be in v2 they need to make sense in that world.  And the sexual content for them might be optional for those who want it.

Not really sure about Tentacles myself. Maybe a subterranean race of creatures which wish to conquer the world or are trying to settle into new territory after their losing their home to another Subterranean race/ tribe could fit the Corsix plot better.

It's up to you in the end.

Sounds a bit too generic actually.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I'm a TR fan so while I would hate to see this go if you can think of something that would fill the bit better than that's fine. The only thing I would change from V1 is that the lore   regarding them be more in depth, everything else made sense to me.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Chapter 3 early access was today to my Patrons. Public release for it will be a week from today!

There's also quite a few changes to the release schedule and Patreon design. If you follow the game it'd be worth checking out the full version on the blog. Short version : I'm trying to do smaller monthly releases and early access is going to a month instead of a week.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem Chapter 3 released!  v2c3m0.

We've completed the rewrite of the Mountain Glory content and everything is ready to go!  My Patreons have been enjoying it for the last week but now it's time that everyone gets to play it.  Many thanks to them and the support they gave.

Base game, requires RTP installed separately.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5sq4lcz7iklt/v2c3m0.exe

http://rapidgator.net/file/f7079e1ef5d2f362d3b3809a5d4f344c/v2c3m0.exe.html

Game w/ RTP, requires no other installation but significantly larger

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5blg1jhv81vf/v2c3m0%2BRTP.exe

http://rapidgator.net/file/71b5f1a3eeb58e9e9fcf28e949fd9724/v2c3m0_RTP.exe.html

Additional links on blog

[SIZE=11pt]http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/[/SIZE]

I do have a Patreon page up and running.  If you enjoyed the new content and wish to support further development, any donation will help out a great deal!

Content Additions

2 new slaves for the base

Hints on 2 more slaves

Mountain Glory subzone open for exploration and primary questing

Sidequest line (Celeean Swords) open in Eleen

19 new in game scenes, 3 more non-canon scenes

329 pages of text (per Word)

308 new images

And all that to add about an hour to each route!

Credit to the people who helped out with their time!

Copy Editor and Sanity Checker -HirotonoRei

Testing - Hunter769, DoomPanda, Avikash, Matt, Omnibomb, Gegrafsd and Sacr3d

Even if you don't feel like or can't donate via Patreon, your feedback is still critical to the development of Harem.  Let me know what you thought.  What you liked and what you didn't like.  What you'd like more of, what I should focus more on and even what you thought I spent too much time on.  The quality control I get from negative feedback is critical and the morale boost I get from positive feedback moreso.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Played the game and enjoyed it. Found a couple of bugs, mostly appearing after entering Mountain Glory.

-Before entering Mountain Glory Donna was able to use clubs. After the Mountain Glory cutscene however she couldn't use them anymore.

-After the Mountain Glory Cutscene, if you go back to the hideout Terra has disappeared.

-You can get the Sera bondage scene even though you haven't completed the orc storyline yet. Should be set to after the storyline considering Sera mentions Angelica's situation in the orc camp.

-CG for the lord of Eowin is different when talking to him after obtaining Angelica but before being attacked by Noemi.

I also have a question. Will we eventually be able to explore the Cheli village and the lands east of it?

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Thanks for the feedback!

-There was an event in the transition that reset her character stats.  She should now be using staves same as Terra and there should be a few for sale if you didn't get the ones from Terra's bonus events.

-That's a bug that needs to be fixed.

-Hmm, I'll take a look at that.  That sequence might need to be re-ordered either way.

-I will fix that!

-Yes. 

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I was playing and noticed how some of the text after leaving the hideout stopped showing up but the game functions as though it had. I don't know if this is an issue with the game or if it's just my luck.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I was playing and noticed how some of the text after leaving the hideout stopped showing up but the game functions as though it had. I don't know if this is an issue with the game or if it's just my luck.

There is a text hide button.  I think it's alt in c3m0.  You might have pressed that accidentally.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I've sent out v2c3m1 for the Patrons today! Included in the new content:

-3 sidequest lines to show more of the history of the world and characters, as well as gold and loot! And sex. Because of course there has to be sex

smile.gif

-More Cecilia interactions

-Huge script addition which should change the look and feel of the game.

-In theory, old saves should be completely compatible.

Public Release of v2c3m1 will be March 27th

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Work on v2c3m2 is going great and I'm guessing that I'll be able to release it early April to Patreons, late April to the public. There will be a quest line involving the area underneath the Castra with Phoebe that will involve Terra heavily. The lands to the west of Mountain Glory will also have a series of quests involving them and will add two new characters into the game, one of which will join your harem at the end. I'll put up teaser images for them on the blog and forums. A bit more conversation with Fiona as well as well as the resort in the Fishing village re-opening. Already have 1 NC scene written, hoping to add another 1-2 before release. I've attached a pair of teasers of the 3m2 characters!

Joan in particular was a blast to write, a bit different than any character I've done before.

I've decided to alter the public release dates a bit. I will be releasing each update on the Friday of the last weekend of every month, so v2c3m1 will come out on the 25th, not the 27th. I want to give you all weekend to play it before the end of the month.

Also, I've written a fairly detailed roadmap for future development on Patreon. Swing over there if you want to check it out!

Joan Teaser.png

Naitay teaser.png

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
I remember playing this a few versions ago. It's pretty cool!

The one thing I don't really like is the protagonist's appearance in art-scenes. He looks/dresses more like a schoolboy than a dangerous warrior.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Have you thought what the size of the end-game harem could reach?

And will the MC gain any unique abilities to use in battle? Just think of any, to lazy myself :D

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I remember playing this a few versions ago. It's pretty cool!

The one thing I don't really like is the protagonist's appearance in art-scenes. He looks/dresses more like a schoolboy than a dangerous warrior.

I don't create any of the models used in the art, just combine and pose to some degree.  And that's the best one available.

Have you thought what the size of the end-game harem could reach?

And will the MC gain any unique abilities to use in battle? Just think of any, to lazy myself :D

Right now he's a defensive tank, but as you go further and the route becomes clear you'll start to get more specific abilities.

And as to total harem count : I have no idea.  Especially with minor and resource slaves I can add in characters without having to worry about them putting a significant impact on the future plot.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem v2c3m1 is released to the public! (Version 2, Chapter 3, Minor Release 1)

Base game, requires RTP installed separately.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/66ejipzco8jf/v2c3m1.2%20base.exe
http://rg.to/file/f69b6928f4b96b8781b599d0f1dad21d/v2c3m1.2_base.exe.html

Game w/ RTP, requires no other installation but significantly larger
http://www.filefactory.com/file/7inn9hap6rb5/v2c3m1.2%20%2B%20RTP.exe
http://rg.to/file/8652f9e83c46869f4542508a692df0e5/v2c3m1.2___RTP.exe.html

I do have a Patreon page up and running.  If you enjoyed the new content and wish to support further development, any donation will help out a great deal!

Content additions:
1 new slave and 1 future conquest introduced
3 new sidequest lines to show you more of the history of the world and characters, as well as gold and phat lootz! And the sex. Of course there’s sex at the end of 2 of them (Fenja and Phoebe).
More Cecilia Interactions
Huge script addition to the game which should give it a very different look and feel.
In theory, old saves should be fully compatible.
6 new scenes in game
80 images
123 pages of text

OLD SAVES MUST BE UPDATED TO THE NEW SCRIPT ENGINE: This will happen automatically the first time you step into the world map and it can be done manually by using the main characters id ring skill and choosing character reset.  The game will crash if you try to look at the TP mode before this happens.  It is not a bug, please do not report it as such.

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
After playing the new sidequests I noticed 3 Bugs:

1. During the second part of the archaeology-quest, if you decide to stay in the mansion after you defeat the two armors, you will only be able to move down once and then be forced to fight the armors again - which results in the repeat of the auto-move and talk-scene. Thus it seems impossible to further investigate the mansion. (also, the encounter rate is annoyingly high there imho)

2 When you go down, into the secret passage (at the end of the current version) you will be. Pushed back once you reach ..the rock formation, without any text or the credit page. I also noted that you can't watch the Credit page in the replay menu - so maybe it is just missing?

3. In Eowen, he mercenary contactwill repeat the intro to the Fiona quest every time you talk to him, even if you have done the quest already..

That aside, I have some questions:

After I rescue Fenja,I can't see her in the castle (which I unlocked after getting her), is this on purpose, a bug or did I overlook the notification that she is a minor slave?

I'm curious about another thing, will you rewrite everything or will you take parts of the old version, which you deem acceptable, and copy them into Harem 2.0? =)

Lastly, what is the second to last question mark in the Replay-menu? it is between the  "Non-Human" and the "Other" folders? Did I overlook something? @_@

Anyways I really like your game, please keep up the good work ^:^ - though I would like to have the chance to pamper (or later keep =P) Samantha while being red to the rest =P

ker

Dec 11, 2015
1.  I'll correct that for the 3m2 release.

2.  Odd.  I don't know how I broke that but it'll be working again for 3m2

3.  Another one for the list :)

On Fenja - It was intentional not to have a sprite for her in the base.  She's a minor slave and won't have any further content.  But considering the number of questions I've gotten on that, I'm going to create a base sprite for her, but no additional content in the future.

On v1 to v2 - Depends on the content.  A lot of the stuff in the earlier chapters was really rough and poorly written.  As I'm getting further along the plot I'm getting to the point where my writing improved and I'm being able to import more of it directly from the old into the new content.  Rhea went through the chapter 4 rewrite nearly unaltered, Jessica on the light path ditto.  Dark path will be having more rewrites throughout content as I'm trying to change it's tone.  My goal with the dark path was to make the main character dominating and callous, but it really developed into a misogyny which was never the intent.  So most of that needs to get altered if not completely rewritten.  Characters like Alena will still have the same general arc that they did in v1 but the details are getting significantly altered.

? on replay scenes - It's 'group' and it's where I put scenes that don't have a definite main character to them.  Some of Phoebe/Noemi and Jessica/Angelica scenes went that way, and I couldn't figure out which bucket to drop them in.  So I created a new one!  The Sarah/Samantha scenes in v2 are close, but they pivot around Samantha enough that I declared them to be her scene.

On pampering one but not the rest (or vice versa) - There is some limited ability to do that, both Terra and Jessica can be treated opposite your route with significant differences in their scenes, but overall I have to be cautious.  The number of derivations that can cause becomes impossible to write quite quickly.  Ultimately the slaves will have to conform to your personality as defined by the route just to keep things sane from a development perspective. 

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.