Good offensive White Mage Build

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Which attributes do ya'll think would make the most complete offensive white mage? What about gear and perks? I'm trying to shift from a warrior build and thought that being a white mage would be fun.

Also are classes really that important? From the looks of it you can use any perk regardless of class with the only apparent limit being gear.

Last edited:

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019
So I started as a white mage, and still use the weapon gained from the tutorial because it hits all requirements. The "Blade Staff" I think it's called.
I have yet to try every skill, mind you, but if you run with at least Cait to handle the major healing requirements then you can relatively do whatever.
My current set up is Charge Weapon, White Fire, Bless, and Summon Kiyoko. Party is Cait and Atugia.

Cait having 2 offense skills and a massive heal that also heals herself is honestly a staple imo.
Atugia has a skill called Eternal Light that gives not only health but also Resolution back.
And one of the reasons I use Bless is to increase Atugia's hit rate with her AoE damage/heal ability.
And obviously Kiyoko summon is on auto pilot doing her thing :p

Stat wise, I have dumped a lot into Wis and Pres, because Pres ups summon stats and Wis is the bread n butter of a caster. Cunning and Agility are my 2nd dump stats, and Tough only gets up'd every now n then.

Hope this helps in some way ;)

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
When making a good white mage you shouldn't try to be pure offense - if you do you miss out on the class's greatest strength. What really makes them effective is how they blend defense with offense with options to go further into a support niche. They're so versatile that they can do just about everything purely with their own class skills and be effective at it to the point where they outshine black mages by quite a bit.

If you're going on offense for a fight white fire and smite are both obvious equips. Whether you want to use entropic winds or not depends on the situation and who you have with you; for a boss the shield spell can often be more useful. If you're going white mage yourself I'd recommend leaving Cait behind. She's right when she says she's not a particularly outstanding one. Berwyn and Etheryn both make better complements than she does with this skillset and using blessing on Brint can clear away most things now that he can actually hit consistently.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Which attributes do ya'll think would make the most complete offensive white mage? What about gear and perks? I'm trying to shift from a warrior build and thought that being a white mage would be fun.

Also are classes really that important? From the looks of it you can use any perk regardless of class with the only apparent limit being gear.

No; each class has its own set of level-based perks that are only active when a member of that class. You can use any power as a member of any class, however -- and that's probably how you'd build an offensive White Mage: by taking a bunch of Black Mage powers instead. White mage powers are largely oriented around support with some niche combat powers of their own mixed in. You'll want gear that has Spellpower and Spell Pen on it, and your primarily attribute will be Willpower. Cunning will give you more CritChance and Agility more Accuracy. Keeping Heal as your at-will power is smart since your 1st level perk makes it much more effective, and Whitefire's a good spell for combat, but otherwise you'll probably want to pick up Black Mage powers for your other Recharge slot and Encounter power. Grease and Fireball are a potent combo, especially if you take the summoned Flame Spirit as your Encounter power.