God of Chains (Alpha, 0.01, RenPy)

May 26, 2017
www.patreon.com
rtOl1x5.png

Greetings,
I’d like to present you the game I'm currently working on. It’s visual novel within the Grimdark/Fantasy setting.

Story

Main character Disciple Tamea is sent to explore the ruins of Cursed City, she must find entrance in the temple of Amarh Nayon, also known as God of Chains. Portals to the temple are protected by many traps and guarding by several demons, who dwell in the flying towers. And these perverted and sinful creatures take a high price for the opportunity to open the portal.

About Game

Try to make right choices between two or more decisions that will affect the outcome of the main story. The fee that demons will demand will be varied, including body modifications, sex change etc. I also plan to add puzzles, like this one:

2Zatavv.png

Characters:

tumblr_oqkbbeiABF1vj7zb2o1_1280.png

Disciple Tamea is a follower of one forbidden (by Inqusition) cult. Her main goal is to reach the Abyss, world of demons and find the Temple of God of Chains.

Outcast is a demon and the Guardian of the Gates, which open way to the Abyss.

Shadow is creature that summoned by a ritual to lead the Tamea through the maze of portals. And also he gives advices from time to time.

Screenshots

UR43c8M.png

XOCoNRP.png

Download links

Windows build / Mega link
Linux build / Mega link
Mac build / Mega link

The game is currently in alpha stage and many planned things is still unfinished.
I making this in my free from main job time, so there’s not a lot of content in current version, but I'm working hard to give you regular updates and to make the game as best as I can.

If you’d like to support it, please check out my Patreon!

Thanks for taking the time to read the post. Go ahead, download the game and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017
www.patreon.com
17411652239645325810.png

Sorry for double posting, but big update is out today. Check the download links in first post.

It contains:

• Intro with new illustrations, that will highlight the details of setting and story background
  • 2 new locations
  • Illustrations for first riddles
  • English translation fixes

Hope you'll like it, guys!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2016
I'm in love with the art style, the world has me hooked and everything about this just oozes promise.
If you need any help with translation, I'm totally down. Already subbed to your patreon, I really want this game to do well.

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
Downloading now.

This is one of the most original and fresh art styles I have seen lately. Demonic subject matter piques my interest as well... I have high hopes for this game.

God i hope there is corruption and transformation planned. /drool.

Currently outlaying $250 to Patreon this month, trying to get some art added to a couple of my supported games, but when that stabilizes I will definitely have an eye on this.

MrDumbass

Jan 31, 2016
Dotting thread

EDIT: "The ritual of the summonibg was conducted by my mentor, [...]" In the beginning, typo. I'll do what I can to help in that regard :p

May 26, 2017
www.patreon.com
I'm in love with the art style, the world has me hooked and everything about this just oozes promise.
If you need any help with translation, I'm totally down. Already subbed to your patreon, I really want this game to do well.
Thank you! And how can I contact you about translation help?

God i hope there is corruption and transformation planned.
Yes, it's planned, there will be several branches through which player can choose a transformation of Tamea's appearance.

And guys, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the art style, because I had some doubts on this score.

"The ritual of the summonibg was conducted by my mentor, [...]" In the beginning, typo. I'll do what I can to help in that regard :p
Oh, thanks! I'll fix it. You mean help with translation?

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
OK, let me take advantage of catching you at the start of your project by giving you one piece of invaluable feedback: find a natural english speaker, ANY one who's at least graduated high school and is smart enough to at least use a spellchecker to pick up typos, and get them to edit your script. Several people seem to have offered already, which is good. But you just don't seem to grasp English sentence structure and grammar, which is a common problem with non-natural English speakers (it's a terrible and clunky language, I admit). If you can get a coherent script out sooner rather than later it'll go a long way towards helping you stand out among the crowd.

Oct 25, 2016
Thank you! And how can I contact you about translation help?
Oh, I'm sorry. I misspoke, I meant proofreading, not translation. All I can offer is to look over your script and stuff and mold sentences to look better and feel more natural, and spot typos.
That said, you seem to have a rather good storytelling voice, so I don't think you'd need *much* help other than the odd grammar correction.

You can contact me at moistenstein[@]gmail[.]com

May 26, 2017
www.patreon.com
OK, let me take advantage of catching you at the start of your project by giving you one piece of invaluable feedback: find a natural english speaker, ANY one who's at least graduated high school and is smart enough to at least use a spellchecker to pick up typos, and get them to edit your script. Several people seem to have offered already, which is good. But you just don't seem to grasp English sentence structure and grammar, which is a common problem with non-natural English speakers (it's a terrible and clunky language, I admit). If you can get a coherent script out sooner rather than later it'll go a long way towards helping you stand out among the crowd.

You right. Kallutoceleste already helped me with this. And many thanks for this to him. I'll update builds with all corrections soon.

May 26, 2017
www.patreon.com
I started work on 1st chapter of "God of Chains". It will be a story of two sisters, which is trying to grow some odd creature. These experiments and searches will change their lives and open up new aspects of reality. More info coming soon. And here is design of one of the sisters:

lAzOvSv.png

This time I tried to use more traditional anime stylistics, as I received many negative words about the design of characters from alpha of “God of Chains”.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Personally I liked the art from the alpha demo, it may not be for everyone but then again you can't really please everyone either.
Only way to be certain is to make a poll and ask people what they prefer.

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
I... really don't like the art style for the characters. Sorry, but it makes it impossible for me to treat this as a h-game.

May 26, 2017
www.patreon.com
The chibis in the OP.

So, new style is good for h-game?

Personally I liked the art from the alpha demo, it may not be for everyone but then again you can't really please everyone either.
Only way to be certain is to make a poll and ask people what they prefer.

That's what I was talking about, check the previous posts by Anomolousrabbit. I received a lot of such comments, like "style is good, but it's not good for h-game". Well, I have some experience in non-hentai gamedev and I know that no matter how terrible the art was, there are always a few people who like it. Therefore I see no reason to make a poll "what style is better", I see the point of make a poll "is new style good for you or not".