[COMPLETED] Glassix - 1.0

CarpeNoctem

Jul 5, 2016
Hello guys. Long time no see, but I have been kept busy.

So, what’s new:

- Soon enough (tomorrow? Later?), Daedolon will release the 0.14 update, with AI first adjustments. For my part, it could be called “the lesbian update”: almost full story for Hanae the kinky nurse and Shizuru the cop of steel. A couple of things are still missing (level 4 for Shizuru and Easter eggs for both of them) but the biggest part is here. If I had got one more week, all would have been here... but AI emergency corrections toke me a lot of time. Not even mentioning obedience 3 events which are quite big, each of them having three different paths depending of the choice of the lesbian partner.

- I had some free time yesterday. Not enough for what is mentioned above, I’m afraid. But I managed quickly make a surprise: two more non-playable girls that Daedolon will maybe be able to add to this 0.14, another cop and another nurse. Yes, I know: some people may wonder “why adding more girls? There are already a lot of them”. The reason is mainly geographical, and even more since the AI is here. Isolated girls are more difficult to rise because the player must spend a lot of time to go in isolated places for that... and that’s not very interesting to do it just for one lonely girl. So I think that we have to populate isolated places like the hospital, the airport, Northside, etc. That was actually why I proposed Ryôko to Daedolon a couple of months ago: to give more reasons to the MC to go to the manor, which was far away at this time (distances have been reduced after that, if I remember well). So a second cop in Northside/Airport and a second nurse could have a place in this town. And as Daedolon have announced another vote on his patreon page (probably in a couple of weeks), it’s better to have all the girls ready for this trial.

- Some of you may have seen a maidB present in the files but not in the story. I had planned her to be hire by Aiko, but unfortunately I had to abandon that story after discussion with Daedolon. No more idea for her right now, so she is in the “cut scenes”.

- Next update? I don’t know what Daedolon has planned except AI improvement. Personally, I hope to see ASAP the grade system and the karma system: both of them will change a lot of thing, and in my opinion that kind of update should be done the sooner the better. For my part, it will be “the oral update”. A lot of people have asked Daedolon a “cum in/cum out” choice in oral sex. As Daeodolon is busy with the major upgrades, I will probably manage that work and add the chair / bed oral sex at the same time (and all the level 2 daily acts at the same times). It means a lot of new scenes.

- Holidays are coming, so not so much to expect from me in August. I will try to add chair/bed daily sex for level 1 acts, but not much more. After the vote, new girl(s?) probably in September.

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
0.14 finally arrived!
Translation: Mission start!

Hanae/Demon scene wasn't changed I see. Ok, I'll alert Daedolon.

Bug:
Hanae Level 2 not triggering whether Aiko&Hanae following or not. It's in the lobby right? Well, they were both there, and nothing... Triggered at Hospital's cafe

Could be a bug: I haven't met Okimi yet, but I was mugged by 3 thugs at StationD, and since that happened (which I believe should not; not until Okimi Lv3) I cannot find Shizuru anywhere.
Look into it pls

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Jul 5, 2016
Hanae> I will send the new text a second time. That's not unusual. :-D

Shizuru meeting have been slightly changed: you can actually meet her sooner now, without having passed through Okimi's story. But I guess the location chosen isn't the best.

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
Hanae> I will send the new text a second time. That's not unusual. :-D
Yeah, you do that.

Shizuru meeting have been slightly changed: you can actually meet her sooner now, without having passed through Okimi's story. But I guess the location chosen isn't the best.
Well, there was a fight.. but the frame didn't change. I see only one frame with three thugs surrounding MC. No Shizuru. Ok, I'll try to be more clear, I ain't getting "+NEW GIRL MET" after beating. Bugged?
ps: This is while Okimi level 4.

Thugs jump me when: A) Hikari takes you for a ride. After that thugs will attack. And you're not gonna see that scene anymore (I had to start new game; didn't saved). B) If you go there, while Okimi is Level 1, they will beat you up and then talk about photos in my phone that haven't taken yet. C) They will attack even when you haven't yet met Okimi ... and talk about Benito pics. Something isn't right, obviously.

Last edited:

bdi123

Aug 27, 2016
All right, I downloaded the latest game with MEGA and got six downloads, number 1 was a winzip the rest were just blank.How in the devil do you attach them all into one winzip file?I've tried everything that I can think of am stymied.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Can I be frank? At almost 3gb, you really can't practically host the game on Mega or Uploaded any more. Honestly, the game's file size is MASSIVELY bloated by H-game standards. Since you're distributing it for free anyway rather than restricting it to paying Patrons, why don't you host a torrent?

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Hi all,

So I've been quite busy those past months and had little time to keep the post updated here but I finally have more time so here we go. I'd like to really thank CarpeNoctem and Pmf026 for their huge help during those 3 months even though I've been quite absent. That's really appreciated !

First, you might have missed the v0.13 release from last month since I was quite busy. This version introduced a new artificial intelligence (AI) for the girls which was actually kinda buggy so it's actually not that bad I didn't promote it ^^ This AI was not a really necessary step right now but because it changed a lot in term of code and XML structure for the game, it was much easier for me to do it asap. Many future features will rely on it. So what's this AI about ? It makes girls act more dynamically in the world. Now they move between locations and change their daily patterns according to different interests and hobbies as well as 3 new parameters which influence when they go to toilets, eat and take a bath.

Now we've reach v0.14 and here are the links. Note you'll need 7-zip to unzip the split files :

Download full : UPLOADED or MEGA

In case you had downloaded the v0.13.1, you'll just need to download the patch as well as rename manually some folders and images located in the scenes and characters folders :
mother => motherA
sister => sisterA
principal => principalA
demon => demonA

Download path 0.13.1 to 0.14.0 : UPLOADED or MEGA

Major changes compared to 0.12 besides the AI (check the changelog for more info) :
  • Hanae the nurse is fully playable
  • Shizuru the cop is fully playable except for her level 4 event
  • Hanae and Shizuru's apartments added to the city
  • New duo sex command for Rin + Ayumi
  • New duo sex command for Aiko + Kana in doll mode
  • New cheats added, check the walkthrough

I'm still debugging the AI as well as balancing it so if you encounter any trouble with it, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll now be back to my usual pace of about 1 release per month.

Thanks for your time !

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
All right, I downloaded the latest game with MEGA and got six downloads, number 1 was a winzip the rest were just blank.How in the devil do you attach them all into one winzip file?I've tried everything that I can think of am stymied.

You'll need 7-zip and extract the 001 archive.

Can I be frank? At almost 3gb, you really can't practically host the game on Mega or Uploaded any more. Honestly, the game's file size is MASSIVELY bloated by H-game standards. Since you're distributing it for free anyway rather than restricting it to paying Patrons, why don't you host a torrent?

Good point. I never tried creating torrents. I just checked but the biggest problem would be to have initial seeds to make it efficient. I'm working on an old laptop and leaving it on for the whole night worries me a bit. Another question I add is what happens when I release a new version ? Will players have to redownload everything or is there a way to update the torrent to let it know it's only an update from a previous torrent ?

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
1. Shizuru introduction is bugged. She is not playable because she won't appear in the game due to broken scene with three thugs. (Only agression (1).png is being shown, other frames don't). no +NEW GIRL MET after. (see my previous post)

2. Using 0.13.x saves makes Aiko disappear from the game.

3. Oh and one more (minor) error: During conversation with Hanae at her place, it happens if you call Sarah (probably the same with Aiko), it displays: Me: "Kei that was wonderful..bla bla", and then Hanae: responds with Kei's line... check this also. But, first things first - Fix Shizuru' introduction scene.

Haven't you guys tested 0.14 ?

Last edited:

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
You'll need 7-zip and extract the 001 archive.
WinRAR is fine too.

About torrents: First you'll need a tracker, in your case its better be a public one. Do you have a seedbox (a machine with the torrent client that runs all the time)?
You'll be the initial seed. The more people dowload it, the more people will seed. the more seeds there is, the faster download will be for everyone in the line.

poiuygtyu

Mar 26, 2016
I found a bug with the bath scenes that was in v13 and is still in v14. The text for the anal option doesn't show up, and if i remember correctly you just get stuck if you click the blank option. The issue is in the language file on line 8031 for en.xml, 8493 for fr.xml, and it's correct in Russian. You have <dailybathstaygosex> and <\dailybathstaygosex>, when it should be <dailybathstaygoanal> and <\dailybathstaygoanal>.

Also it seems like the key system is broken.

Good point. I never tried creating torrents. I just checked but the biggest problem would be to have initial seeds to make it efficient. I'm working on an old laptop and leaving it on for the whole night worries me a bit. Another question I add is what happens when I release a new version ? Will players have to redownload everything or is there a way to update the torrent to let it know it's only an update from a previous torrent ?

Maybe rather than having a full replacement file for people who are just updating, we could just have the changed files + any new pictures. Honestly it's just the scenes folder that causes the issues, so if we didn't have to redownload the entire folder when we have to update it would be a lot better.

Edit: The site doesn't like correct closing tags so I had to use the wrong slash

Last edited:

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
Maybe rather than having a full replacement file for people who are just updating, we could just have the changed files + any new pictures.
That is exactly why I suggested writing an updater for this game. Unfortunately, to make this work you gotta host unpacked game somewhere, I also was about to offer hosting platform and disk space...but, had to reconsider and back out because it will surely clog my 100mb/s uplink like instantly. Torrent option is the best so far.

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
About Shizuru "First Meeting" scene.
It works fine only in French.
In English: It works, sort of... but when you get to pick an option Hesitate/Give your phone. If you pick "Hesitate" the scene continues normally. But, after that, when you open Girls stat page, Aiko gets replaced by Shizuru (clicking other girl, and then Aiko, it returns to normal)

and if you choose to give your phone.....this happens

and In Russian, well, this scene doesn't work at all.. No options (hesitate/give your phone) and no Shizuru.... I figured you haven't copied changed lines into ru.xml..

The problem starts at <agression1> and on...

Repeat: Scene works properly only in French. And I don't speak French...
Carpe, please...

Last edited:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
While I found it annoying that porting saves from v.13 doesn't work forcing a restart from the start, I'm finding it very enjoyable to do now that we've got the fast travel cheat. It saves sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time!

On a side note: anyone else feel like Naomi should have been Hikari's mom? I mean apart from both being blonds, there is a nice synergy between their kinks with one being a sub and the other a dom. Plus Rin resembles Mitsuko a hell of a lot more than she resembles Naomi.

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Thanks Pmf, the bug will be corrected in next patch.

That is exactly why I suggested writing an updater for this game. Unfortunately, to make this work you gotta host unpacked game somewhere, I also was about to offer hosting platform and disk space...but, had to reconsider and back out because it will surely clog my 100mb/s uplink like instantly. Torrent option is the best so far.

For the torrent, how would a new version work exactly ? Let's say I host the files for v0.14.0 and share the torrent. Then I update the files to v0.15.0. Then I need to update the torrent and share it again ? Then players will download the new torrent and it will only update the new or updated files right ? or do they have to download from the start again ?
If I share the initial torrent, can players who have already the game from direct download paste the downloaded file to the torrent folder so they can become seeders faster instead of downloading through me ?

In any case, it does seem like the easiest solution for future updates so I started one. I'll release the patch soon.

I found a bug with the bath scenes that was in v13 and is still in v14. The text for the anal option doesn't show up, and if i remember correctly you just get stuck if you click the blank option. The issue is in the language file on line 8031 for en.xml, 8493 for fr.xml, and it's correct in Russian. You have <dailybathstaygosex> and <\dailybathstaygosex>, when it should be <dailybathstaygoanal> and <\dailybathstaygoanal>.

Also it seems like the key system is broken.

Good catch ! Solved in v0.14.1.
For the key system, I'll check that asap.

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
While I found it annoying that porting saves from v.13 doesn't work forcing a restart from the start, I'm finding it very enjoyable to do now that we've got the fast travel cheat. It saves sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much time!

On a side note: anyone else feel like Naomi should have been Hikari's mom? I mean apart from both being blonds, there is a nice synergy between their kinks with one being a sub and the other a dom. Plus Rin resembles Mitsuko a hell of a lot more than she resembles Naomi.

Because Rin is adopted ^^ As for Hikari, her father is a foreigner :p But I would need to delve deeper on each story to let the players know this. I'm just too busy with new features and debugging :x

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Here is the first patch for v0.14.

To simplify my work, I decided to give a shot at centralizing all my download links to a private page. It will allow me to give only one permanent link an all posts and forums and I'll update the content of this new page directly.

Download links

This patch solves several bugs :
  • Another important issue with the AI has been solved. This should clear a strange behavior from girl who were going to wrong places at the wrong time.
  • The city map click bug has been solved. You'll be redirected to the girls status page only by clicking on their visible icons now
  • You can't cheat and teleport to girls in unknown locations
  • Some events which were not forwarding time properly are now doing it properly
  • Corrected the St Patrick trigger conditions which were completely wrong and prevented it from triggering before. Note that Sarah NEEDS to be present in the museum venue A to trigger the event.
  • The anal option during bath event has been corrected
  • A few more fixes listed in the changelog
Another small but important change for this patch is that now, some choices will impact future events and choices. For the moment only Hanae and Shizuru events level 3 are concerned and could impact which girl will become their lovers. I'll wait to see where CarpeNoctem is going with this but it seems quite interesting :p I don't have much time myself to create branches in my stories but maybe in the future :) However this should be good news for some of you who felt the game was too linear. This will give the ability to add branches to the game like classic visual novels usually do.

This patch also improves the AI behavior and solves a lot of small problems here and there. The AI correction is tricky because many different feedback can be linked to the same issue. So if you see a problem you already saw before after applying this patch, be sure to report it again so I can check it again.

On another note, I'm also checking the possibility to create a torrent for the game to make it much easier in the future to download and share it. I'm not familiar with the process yet so I'll need some time to be sure it'll work as I think it should.

As always, thanks a lot for your feedback and support !

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
I've let the torrent run for a few hours now and I can see 66 peers but nobody seem to be able to connect to me. I read I'd need to set up a port forwarding on my router to improve the chance of connections, is that correct ? Might the fact that I host from China be a problem with their great firewall ?

Edit : OK nevermind, I have 2 peers connected right now. So it might just be more complicated from China but still doable.

Last edited:

forgotpw

Dec 18, 2016
Winzip will unzip spanned files, it's just tricky. 7zip is my default archive program because it does most things without fuss, like look inside the .nw files of glassix and treats everything inside like a normal folder (more or less), but winrar is OK too.

Winzip is sooooooo stuck in the past, the origin of spanned archives was tapes, but winzip started when floppy disks were common. Make sure the extentions are named right, then 'unzip' the last file, it should then find the rest.

- - -

Download size ... the vast bulk is images, 2.5 gig of the 3. Images are what's growing the most too. Split them off as seperate download packs.

- - -

Torrent, China should be fine with your game.

bdi123

Aug 27, 2016
It looks like Shizuru does not go the doll mode as there seems to be a bug when trying it with Lily.

bdi123

Aug 27, 2016
Another thing 7zip sucks! I downloaded a copy, installed it and tried to on zip the game. Could not get the game out to play it, go back to something that works ALL of the time like winzip or rar!

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
I do. Yeah. Naomi/Hikari.. makes sense.
Rin/Mitsuko? Nah.. The only one that resembles Mitsuko is Ayumi and she's shy)
Rin could be Kei's sister, yeah.
Kana... welll.. she could be Kumiko's sis and Utako being their mother.

I doubt Daedolon would change anything at this point. That's just too much work. Pehaps when he makes it 3D, it would be easier, may be, i don't know.

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
Thanks Pmf, the bug will be corrected in next patch.
For the torrent, how would a new version work exactly ? Let's say I host the files for v0.14.0 and share the torrent. Then I update the files to v0.15.0. Then I need to update the torrent and share it again ?
You don't host it, as initial seed you have to upload it once, then the peer who downloaded it first will be seeding back to others, you may either continue seeding or stop, it doesn't matter, who has 100% completion will continue distributing.
More people download, more speed the next peer will be dowloading at. It goes like this:

You make a torrent (during that process, the client will generate each file's checksum and will generate hash) then you upload that "release_abc.torrent" to the tracker, and providing a folder where the files are located, the client will verify it again and begin seeding. When you release the new version, you make a different folder, or you can use the old one, but .torrent hash must be re-calculated, different .torrent file, put new files there.. repeat .torrent creation process, and the only thing left is for you to edit the post (upload new torrent file to the tracker) and tell people that they need to re-download.. that's about it.
Unchanged files won't be downloaded. Saving bandwidth.

There are lots of opensource/freeware BT-servers/frontends ... some require backend (daemon (or service if its windows) that will be running 24/7), some require only php and mysql. You'll figure that out I'm sure.
Or you can use some open public tracker such as 'isohunt', idk, i'd host my own to avoid those annoying banners, popups and all that crap.

I'd make two separate torrents: Big one for whole game, and smaller one for the patch.

Last edited:

pmf026

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow, Russia
www.youtube.com
I read I'd need to set up a port forwarding on my router.
That's right. You need to forward single port (i'd go with 40000-65535 range TCP), you also need to open it in your windows firewall (where you BTclient is running) if you're using it.

Problem? -> www.portforward.com
there's an proggy called PFPortChecker, to check if you're reachable on port X

Found a bug (probably known) v0.14.1:
Right after Lily is finished playing with Shizuru. Lily won't disappear, and you can talk to her and even issue Follow/Don't follow commands. Which result in error (an error has occured...message).
and she will respond with every girl's generic line, like this:
This what Daisuki usually says...

Next you click Talk button, she'll say Hikari/Ryoko/Saiko/etc.etc. line..
I have no idea why this happens.

and you can try X-Ray on her

Last edited:

Daedolon

Mar 21, 2016
www.gaweb-studio.com
Thanks a lot for the explanations Pmf.
I've let the torrent run for the night and a few player got it full.

When you say to host a different torrent for the patch, is it really necessary ? Because if it works as you described, even if I release the the patch with the full version, only the new patched file will be updated by the new torrents right ? I'm asking because to be honest, I have too many players who are beginners with this kind of stuff so having only 1 torrent all the time would make things much much easier. I'd prepare a proper documentation once and for all to avoid being spammed by questions.

For Shizuru's pact bug, it was not reported yet so thank you ^^ Will correct it in next patch.

And for Rin/Mitsuko/Naomi/Hikari, I have no plan to change them ^^ But if their stories is more detailed, you'll understand anyway. There are already a few hints in the game that Rin is special :p

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I always KNEW there was something special about Rin...looking forward to it...

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Oh hey, you actually acted on my suggestion to create a torrent! I didn't really think you would. Nice!