General TiTS references thread.

TFMaster

Hello again Kesil! I feel like I’ve helped you with a good number of these references! Anyways I’ve got some more for you, first of all the new piecings that they added are called Gedanium Rings and their effects (increased tease damage done to and taken from scalies) is a reference to our resident code dragon Gedan, also I heard about an upcoming piecing called Urtanium Rings which will increase tease damage to furries and increases tease damage taken from furries which is a reference to Urta from CoC.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Hi there. Yes, you have, which I am very thankful for. So thanks for suggesting more entries.

TFMaster

Hi there. Yes, you have, which I am very thankful for. So thanks for suggesting more entries.

You’re welcome! I’m happy to help! Anyways I didn’t want to put it all in one post (even though I totally could’ve) but I have another reference for you! I heard this in the comments section on Fen’s last blog post about his OC Chatacter, but someone said something about wishing that they’d add Fen’s OC to TiTS and somebody mentioned that one of Fen’s OCs is already referenced in TiTS. Apparently that small green guy with the wings and the horsecock that Sera was talking about when she was ranting about Jade stealing her sale was a reference to Fen’s imp OC (Who can be seen in the thumbnail for the Blog as well as tbe image for Fen’s Twitter feed.) that the poster referred to as impnoxo but that might not be his official name I dunno. I actually meant to mention this earlier on here but I completely forgot about it until now!

F

Franks

(Full Metal Jacket, film) “All fucking ausar must fucking hang,” - Riya, during the anti Black Void raid on Tavros.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I haven't done that mission, but now I'm curious. And a little upset, as a half-Ausar.

You just have to talk to Riya twice. Then go over her square at x level(8 I think) and then it triggers.

Sometimes I forget that it's active when I go from Lerris to visit Inessa. Then I'm wrasslin' a Juggernaunt and 2 drones nude.

Reactions: Alypia

TFMaster

Oh derp how could I have forgotten about a reference that has been in my face this whole time! I’ve literally seen it numerous times and acknowledged it as a reference but I haven’t posted it yet? I am such a silly goose! Anyways the sexbots on Tarkus reference HAL 9000’s famous quote from 2001: Space Odyssey when they say, “I’m sorry [insert name here] but I cannot do that!”

Edit: Then again I could be wrong since it’s been a while since I’ve seen that movie and I might be misremembering the quote.

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
A couple I haven't seen mentioned:

• Shizuya's Modded Yellow Clothes the she wears when sparring with her and that you can get a copy if you beat her are a reference to Kill Bill.
  • The Void Juggernaut is inspired by Payday 2's Skulldozer. If Silly Mode is on during KaraQuest, she even has a line about it:
    “OH SHIT! It’s a motherfucking SKULLDOZER!” Kara shrieks."
    latest

I'm a bit dissapointed his opening line wasn't "YOU'RE UP AGAINST THE WALL, AND *I* AM THE FUCKING WALL!"

Droxzyn

Sep 27, 2018
Florida, United States
So I have noticed a few references involving the names of the races in the game. My understanding may be wrong but still her goes:
Terrans: What Humans call themselves in Starcraft.
Ausar: Ausars have a society and government similar to ancient Egypt. This goes with the fact that they are a race of half human half Jackles. Anubis is the jackle headed God of death and confidant of Osiris Egyptian God of the underworld.
Kathirit: Named after everyone's favorite cat girl from CoC Katherine.
Kui-Tan: Anagram for Tanukis.
Simmi: Simian, which are primative primates.
Thraggen: Combined name from Thrall and Oggrim from World of Warcraft.
Venus Pitcher: Combined carnivorous plants, Venus Fly Trap and Pitcher Trap Plant.
Gabilini: Goblins
Raskvel: Little Rascals
Myrmedions: Named after a race of ant-sized soldiers in Greek Mythology.
Fanfir: Named after the dragon know as the Fafnir in Nordic Mythology.
Toves: Named after a race of anthropomorphic badgers from Luis Carol's nonsensical epic "The Jabberwockey". This is meant to be ironic since they where enemies with a race of amphibious birds known as the Jub Jubs and Orryx, an amphibious bird is afraid of badgers. Also, the way Toves talk is like how the epic was written, and their clothes are similar to the ones people wore during Luis Carol's life.
Korgonne: A breed of dog know as the Corgi.
Saurmorians: Dinosaurs

Also, during Sera's Disco: 3000 quest if the player plays video games, they play as a fox rogue named Rafa, evade demons and tentacle monsters, before being found in a barrel by a pair of Ausar Knights, get spit roasted, and handed off to a Purple omniubus who is described as familiar and gives a magic piercing so you are subservient to her. All this is a reference to the CoC characters Raphael and Ceraph. And the bit about her being familiar is a reference to how Sera is basically Ceraph in space.

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks. Now... I'm not sure that "Terran" is exclusive of Starcraft. The words you're looking for are "jackal", "Lewis Carroll", "Jabberwocky"... and I can't see how Ausaril resembles ancient Egypt.

Droxzyn

Sep 27, 2018
Florida, United States
Thanks. Now... I'm not sure that "Terran" is exclusive of Starcraft. The words you're looking for are "jackal", "Lewis Carroll", "Jabberwocky"... and I can't see how Ausaril resembles ancient Egypt.
Sorry. I thought that in Ancient Egypt each region was governed by its respective king with the Pharoah uniting them all as the King of Kings to the point in which each one wore there own special crown. As for the Terrans I know that isn't the only time but I thought it was the first.

Attachments

• image024.jpg
    image024.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You see, I try to only add things that are either confirmed by the writers or too blatant.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Ausaril is also a desert planet, is it not? Weird though, 'cause Kaithrit have Sphinx Warrior women. Or maybe that's an English translation?

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
So I have noticed a few references involving the names of the races in the game. My understanding may be wrong but still her goes:
Terrans: What Humans call themselves in Starcraft.

Terrans as a term has been in use since *way* before Startcraft. At the very least it's used by 1959's Starship Troopers, and it comes from the Latin for Earth, "Terra".

Sorry. I thought that in Ancient Egypt each region was governed by its respective king with the Pharoah uniting them all as the King of Kings to the point in which each one wore there own special crown. As for the Terrans I know that isn't the only time but I thought it was the first.

Wrong. Egypt only had a single king, it was a top-down Teochratic Monarchy. there were regional governors but they were not called kings. Egyp wasn't an hegemonic empire, unlike, say, Persia. All those crowns you linked were used by the Pharaoh.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Wrong. Egypt only had a single king, it was a top-down Teochratic Monarchy. there were regional governors but they were not called kings. Egyp wasn't an hegemonic empire, unlike, say, Persia. All those crowns you linked were used by the Pharaoh.
To expand upon this bit, the first two were actually by the separate pharaohs of Upper and Lower Egypt before the unification. Crown 3 was a representative of this

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
most of the ones i've spotted that haven't been called out already relate to weapons.
Eagle handgun is a reference to the desert eagle.
hold out hammer pistol alludes that it's based on the 1911 which extends to the hammer pistol.
rudimentary revolver's description is a ref to mgs revolver ocelot which would make it a colt single action army.
avenger seems to allude to the p90.
myr bow references rambo with it's comando line.
zk rifle seems to reference game of thrones and the tradition of ('dumb cunts'-the hound) that name their swords.
bothrioc rifle alluded to being an 1892 winchester lever action.
myr's leg rifle is a reference to the mare's leg rifle produced by henry repeating arms.
trench shotgun is a basic double barrel shotgun the line about loading the shells references many movies where the user drops shells trying to reload the damn thing.
mkII flame thrower is a reference to the real mk2 flamethrower used in ww2.
auto shotgun is ref to the AA12.
zhou ling rifle seems to be a reference to the zhu long pistol from fallout 3.
myr bolt action is a ref to ww2 anti tank rifles more than likely a BOYS anti tank rifle as it's recoil was the most uncontrollable due to accounts from soldiers.
stormbull is a reference to the pancor jackhammer.
those are the ones i caught, not saying they're right as some of them seem a bit of a stretch.

ChromaTaphore

Aug 6, 2018
Septaphorae
Entirely a stretch, and I'm likely wrong, but the first planet the player visits (Tavros) and it's system (Ara Ara) could be possibly reference to the Homestuck trolls Tavros and Aradia, which are the first two trolls on the hemospectrum. Again, I'm probably wrong, though.

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
Entirely a stretch, and I'm likely wrong, but the first planet the player visits (Tavros) and it's system (Ara Ara) could be possibly reference to the Homestuck trolls Tavros and Aradia, which are the first two trolls on the hemospectrum. Again, I'm probably wrong, though.

Tavros' system is not Ara-Ara, but Kalas. Also Tavros is a space station, not a planet. The first planet is Mhen'ga, which is located in the Ara-Ara system.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Ara-Ara is a reference to monster girl quest, specifically the lamia in it iirc.

Hence why the planet has the Naleen.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Mare's Leg is actually a reference to the weapon used by Steve McQueen's character in the western series "Wanted: Dead or Alive". Due the popularity of the show, many collectors started calling any Winchester Model 1892 (or modern derivative) that had a shortened barrel and stock a "Mare's Leg". The Mare's Leg would later show up in films such as "Once Upon a Time In The West", "Zombieland", in series such as "Firefly" and in games like "Resident Evil 3", "Metal Gear Solid 5" and "Warframe".

Reactions: MosAnted

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Mare's Leg is actually a reference to the weapon used by Steve McQueen's character in the western series "Wanted: Dead or Alive". Due the popularity of the show, many collectors started calling any Winchester Model 1892 (or modern derivative) that had a shortened barrel and stock a "Mare's Leg". The Mare's Leg would later show up in films such as "Once Upon a Time In The West", "Zombieland", in series such as "Firefly" and in games like "Resident Evil 3", "Metal Gear Solid 5" and "Warframe".

while yes that is the origin of the mares leg, only henry produces the 'mare's leg rifle' only one other company produced a similarly named firearm and that was a small company by the name of J.B. custom and their nomenclature was 'mare's leg pistol'. i know it's a pedantic argument but with firearms you have to be. it's like how the original 1911 is a browning, but colt is the company that produced them.

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015
The Fedora has a reference to Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb.
"(...) the sort of thing you'd expect to see someone put on their semi-aquatic mammal (...)"