General TiTS references thread.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
So that makes Steele Leia in this context. Princess or Heir to the biggest space fortune on the space stock market.
Kinda. Steele tech is a megacorp but it isn't super big. Though it's probably the biggest one that's been up for grabs like this.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Am I right in thinking that Shar Lot Ebb is a reference to Charlotte's Web?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
It's referenced in an ad from Orryx's stall. The item itself does not exist in the game yet.

Armada

Apr 25, 2018
Another CoC reference: the tooltip for the "Literal Horse Pill" available at Fur Effect says that the branding on the package reads "Equinum," and comments that it's a stupid name for a transformation drug.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Don't tell me the line is in the game XD

I don't know if it's an Adjatha thing, but he said on his FurAffinity (https://i.imgur.com/lE40YMM.jpg) account that the Chupacabro design is based on that of Zodd. Similarly, I've always felt that the naleen brothers look a bit like Guts and Griffith.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Don't tell me the line is in the game XD

I don't know if it's an Adjatha thing, but he said on his FurAffinity account that the Chupacabro design is based on that of Zodd. Similarly, I've always felt that the naleen brothers look a bit like Guts and Griffith.

Even if it was, it would be the wrong description. In her bust Estallia is wielding one of Gatz's swords from Golden Age and the infamous description is for the Dragon Slayer.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
*Guts
But yeah, it's the sword he uses up until his fight against Boscogn. (The one he uses up until his fight against Wyald has a slightly different hilt).
I'm not sure if busts references also count for this thread, though. Should they...? Especially seeing what Adj said there: https://i.imgur.com/WyOXY3d.jpg. For example, one of Vahn's bust tools is a sonic screwdriver (of Doctor Who fame).

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
*Guts
But yeah, it's the sword he uses up until his fight against Boscogn. (The one he uses up until his fight against Wyald has a slightly different hilt).
I'm not sure if busts references also count for this thread, though. Should they...? Especially seeing what Adj said there: https://i.imgur.com/WyOXY3d.jpg. For example, one of Vahn's bust tools is a sonic screwdriver (of Doctor Who fame).
Yeah, that's a thing Adjatha does. For his bust of Commander Schora, who I think is from Syri's quest, someone asked if her gun was based on the pulse rifle from Aliens, and he said yes. And Tam-Tam's got a sonic screwdriver too.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Shekka's TV hangout scene includes a massive reference to Rick and Morty.

Shekka seems immediately disappointed when the first thing you do is drop length-wise onto your old sofa to switch on the Holonet. “...You’re kidding, right? You dragged me away for this?”

With a sigh, you drag her onto you, get comfortable and instruct her to watch. There is a little more grumbling before you have her head cushioned between your breasts. “What are we even watching, Jinx?”

You shrug; it’s never really about what’s on, just that you’re comfortable while your brain spends some time being occupied. It appears to be some show called ‘How They Do It’. Shekka squints as the seemingly over-elaborate process of constructing artisanal dildos plays out. “This is all by hand? I don’t... I mean, a machine could handle it.”

Smirking, you shake your head. “It’s all about putting the proper care and affection in. Knowing that whoever’s enabling your good time pushed out all the shleem by hand, and shaved away the plubus and grumbo with manual tools.”

Shekka sighs, nuzzling into your chest for a moment before returning her attention to the screen. “The narrator has a soothing voice at least. I swear half of those words are made up, but it makes sense when he says it.”

“I wonder if they re-use the freej juice for anything else?” you wonder, as a particularly curvaceous gryvain woman lovingly shines the titanic tool down.

“Looking at her, I could think of a few extra uses for it...” the little Rask giggles, squeaking when you give the base of her tail a little squeeze.

Eventually the channels transition to adverts that seem just as eclectic as the television itself.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
It's reference-ception actually.

The first interdimensional cable episode of R&M has a parody show of "How it's Made" that is titled "How they do it"

TFMaster

Hey @Kesil I’ve got another one for you. I’ve never actually interacted with Reaha before (I probably should, I heard that she has a lot of great content) so I’ve never encountered this reference before, so instead I heard this from the Funny Text thread.

Reaha when asked about her past
---
When you ask her to tell you her story, Reaha gives you an odd look for a moment before grinning and sing-songing, “Moo! My life is moo. I am moo and you are moo and we are moo together.”

Which is a reference to the Beatles song “I am the Walrus” this particular line to be exact
“I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together”

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Okay. Fine. The friendly female Zil tells you "Any way you want it, that's the way you need it." before you have sex with her.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Which "friendly female zil" are you talking about? Do you mean Zheniya?

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
Oh man there have been so many of these that left me feeling real slow. Just yesterday I realised Vesperia is named for Vespucci because it's the America to Canadia's Canada.

Obviously the whole Kashima Incident is basically Aliens only slightly less(?!) rapey.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Whilst I can agree with the first one (I can be very slow too!), I think the second one can be seen as a mostly generic "group in a derelict/abandoned space whatever get attacked by whatever caused the ruin of the space whatever". Unless Aliens happens to be the pioneer of said generic scene and everything is a Sulaco rehash!

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
Chaurmine:

And I'm pretty sure Kashima is largely a Dead Space shout out.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
I think the second one can be seen as a mostly generic "group in a derelict/abandoned space whatever get attacked by whatever caused the ruin of the space whatever". Unless Aliens happens to be the pioneer of said generic scene and everything is a Sulaco rehash!

You're right that it has become practically a genre in itself at this point. I couldn't say if Aliens actually pioneered it, but I would argue it popularised it, even more than the original Alien did.

Even within that space though, I think story-wise Kashima is structurally very similar. It's certainly not meant as criticism, I think it's great. The side-stories like that and Kara/Saen/Anno quests etc. is some of the best stuff in the game imo.

Anyway another one I thought of for your Futurama section - Bran Flazingan (Humphard CEO) has to be a Zapp Brannigan reference, right?

I'm sure there are a ton more I'll remember on my next play through. I can't recall off the top of my head, but there must be some Hitchhiker's Guide references in there, surely?

e: if not i might have to become a writer just to get some in. i mean, given how messy it gets the tits universe might be the only one in which a towel is even more useful!

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I omitted the Bran Flazingan reference because I think he isn't in the game yet and I wanted to avoid confusion, but I guess that adding him won't harm anyone as long as he's mentioned in a codex entry or a dialogue.

TFMaster

Hey I found yet another reference to add to your list, I finally met Shizuya and I found this reference during the sequence when you first meet her and her crew, Winston one of her crewmembers says it when you ask him about how he lost his arm.

"Ah, you see my father was a warm-blooded spaceican who loved wearing black and had an unreasonable hatred of sand. One day we were playing on the rafters of one of his factories and he cut it off with his laser sword.”

Which is an obvious reference to Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader from Star Wars as well as the scene in Episode V on Cloud City when Darth Vader cuts off Luke’s hand.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Thank you!

Am I right in thinking that the "Hips Don't Lie" Thicc&Shake is a reference to that Shakira & Wyclef Jean song?