Gender issues (Lei, Orellos, Asche)

Kyrael

Sep 19, 2015
I've come across some parts of the game where the character's gender seems to be incorrectly assessed. My char started female and has no transformations save those of the first demon (not Uru's herm gift), but is sometimes considered male in dialogues. The ones I've come across were:

Orellos task:
“May I assist you, sir?” he politely inquires.

Lei's petting scene:
“Good boy,”

Asche's reward:
“Customer is liking what he is seeing? But this is only beginning.”
“Perhaps it is time brave customer removes clothes before he embarrasses himself, hmm?”
“Asche shall now paint herself and customer with special concoction to help him better feel and understand sensations,”
->milk
“Is good thing that he just made them all better just before using them, yes.

As far as I could find out, those scenes consistently treat the character as male, while others consistently treat her as female. A short peak into the code didn't reveal any irregularities either.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
There are two values: one which is your actual sex as determined by your genitals, and the second which is your masculinity/femininity as determined by how you look.

We'll look into it, but the above is the most common related problem, especially if you chose a rather boyish girl - it's possible to be mistaken for a cuntboy or dickgirl sometimes.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
As Observer said, unless you remove your clothes, NPCs are likely to go on your looks.

Kyrael

Sep 19, 2015
Interesting. I did choose a tomboy build, but my present looks are:

"You have well-proportioned hips, and a dainty rump.
You have a pair of plentiful boobs.
You have a well-proportioned snatch."

Particularly the second line should be hard to mistake for male.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Currently doesn't take anything other than femininity into account.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Will the char portrait ever reflect our femininity score, or will it always show what we are genital wise?

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Interesting. I did choose a tomboy build, but my present looks are:

"You have well-proportioned hips, and a dainty rump.
You have a pair of plentiful boobs.
You have a well-proportioned snatch."

Particularly the second line should be hard to mistake for male.

What we'll probably do is figure out a formula to calculate femininity from your waist-hip and waist-shoulder ratio, then add modifiers for face.