Garth is a shit dad!

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
How come he never says anything to you when you pull up like 21 savage and start fucking his daughter? Shes my favorite screw but its so wierd that the game pretends like it does not matter even if you knock her up and he has another grandchild.

Reactions: Raskputin

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Garth is probably thrilled to have a competent man taking care of his daughter after all the shit he's gone through with his dumbass son

"It could be so much worse," he repeats to himself at night

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
Garth is probably thrilled to have a competent man taking care of his daughter after all the shit he's gone through with his dumbass son

"It could be so much worse," he repeats to himself at night

See now why could anyone not implement something like that in the game? I give him another grandchild and he does not say or do anything. Something like that could work.

Last edited:

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Great idea! Talk with Garth's creator and try to write it up as a Talk option under "Grandkids." Options for a woman having/had Garret's puppies, or a hermaphrodite puppy factory for both would be a bonus.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Getting the actual sex scenes in is going to have higher priority but I do hope content like that to connect all the dots is on the agenda. In this example specifically it's definitely immersion-breaking for all of it to happen within an isolated bubble.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
My earlier snappishness aside, I do understand this. I'm just thinking that expansion work might take some extra hands, and that complaining about a text-based game when you can't seem to grasp basic punctuation is kind of a dick move.

I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything. I have a really hard time writing character dialogue.

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
My earlier snappishness aside, I do understand this. I'm just thinking that expansion work might take some extra hands, and that complaining about a text-based game when you can't seem to grasp basic punctuation is kind of a dick move.

I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything. I have a really hard time writing character dialogue.

How was my post complaining? All I did was point out the weirdness.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Due to the nature of the game as it is not (as in, not complete), there's going to be a lot of weirdness happening.

Games like that are built up in layers. A system here, a system there. There are going to be points in the game where you'd think certain systems are going to be connected but aren't, simply because they aren't that important. Yet. Its about getting other things in place first before connecting them all together.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
I have a really hard time writing character dialogue.
It's one of the tougher parts of character writing. Some of the old basic standby tips:

-People rarely say exactly what they're thinking or feeling, so if you have characters do that it's going to sound like exposition. Good dialogue has to come from the characters' own perspective, so don't write it as if it's meant to tell the reader objective information.
-It sounds quite dry and "unpoetic" to write dialogue that stiffy responds exactly to what was last said. Let's set a scene. One character wants information from another but they're not being forthcoming. Written stiffly we'd have a request for the information, a straightforward denial, and then a reaction to the denial:

"Where are you going?"
"That's none of your business."
"Why do you have to be that way?!"

It's functional but it's quite boring - not just because there's very little personality in it, either, sequential responses like that just aren't interesting and don't sound cinematic -or- realistic. There are a million ways to rewrite this short scene and writing better dialogue is a matter of knowing how to approach that. One old exercise is to write an entire chain of dialogue that doesn't respond directly to the previous line at all. It sounds chaotic but can produce some interesting results. For example:

"Where are you going?"
"I was saving that wine."
"You're just like your mother."

-Remember your subtext. The bulk of communication is not about what's actually said but what's being implied. You could also do the above exercise by trying to work the entire structure - the question, the denial, the response - into subtext.
-When you're fine-tuning giving a character their own unique way of saying certain things can go a long way toward giving them some personality. That ranges from blatant and gimmicky to quite subtle, like differentiating a younger character from an older character with some word choices that make the younger sound a bit more awkward or bombastic.

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
What would kill me would be a scene when bar is crowded (say entertainers on way through).
And someone calls Garth "Grandpa!" - Cait/Brint/etc....
Garth's reaction if someone mentions "Wonder what he'd do if Brint was the father of his grandkids?"
His hidden pride when someone mentions how the Nursery is bigger and better than many of their homes.
Garth's reaction when Harem asks if he's thinking about remarrying or taking a concubine...they know someone...