Games in 2017 you are looking forward to.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Nothing anymore. I've gotten really cynical about the state of the industry over the last 6 months. My first reaction to pretty much anything now is "it's probably utter garbage", whether it's AAA, AA, B or Indie. I don't even think I could sit down and properly evaluate a game, because I'm too damn jaded. So I'm just replaying stuff I like ad nauseum, and probably driving myself to eventually stop playing games altogether.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
At the moment the only games that'll be coming out that I have some interest in are Battletech(Xcom and MechWarrior love child from the looks of it), Wolfenstein 2 though that's mainly for just shooting Nazis hopefully there's a bit more variety of them to shoot, and probably the next big update for Warframe mostly because I saw spear fishing.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Really? What did you find boring about it?

There wasn't really anything fun about the stealth gameplay, if you wanted to play that route, and I did. There weren't any interesting mechanics for it, or any rewards for going through all that trouble really. Then after a while the regular old, go around shooting Nazis in the face, just got boring. It was the same stuff over and over. Get weapon, shoot in face, go to next area, shoot in face. Maybe use new weapon to shoot someone in the face? Then go to next area, shoot in face. That gets boring and tiresome for me. I liked the story, and the characters, and it is a beautiful looking game. But it just got really, really boring, and that is one thing I cannot abide by in video games, being boring.

7tk

Aug 6, 2017
the only one i can think of, that i HOPE will come out in 2017 - Etrian Odyssey V !

SOU6900

Aug 6, 2017
North Carolina
Honestly... It would have to be Gold Rush-The Game.

Aug 13, 2017
Think the only game I am looking at for 2017 is Fire Emblem Warriors (for 3DS most likely since I don't own a Switch atm). Really enjoy the "Warriors" games, think the last one I got was One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 though.
Also sort of looking at Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, & Nights of Azure 2. These ones are only really a maybe though and I may not even get them, or wait a while.
Also waiting on a few Games to get off Steam Early access: Divinity Original Sin 2, For the King, & The Vagrant. I've bought games in early access before and don't have a problem with it. Mostly just have other games to play, so I'm waiting on the Full Releases.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
How can they fuck up a port?

Edit: *Remembers Arkham Knight* Oh, yeah, that's how.
Plenty of ports have been ruined--check 50% of the ports on Steam. But in this case, every Okami port thus far has been reduced somehow.

The Wii version had the entire credits sequence and end removed, under the reasoning that "yeah Clover made this game, but we killed that studio so fuck 'em, they get no credit...but here, have an ugly capcom logo on a black background instead". Similar things occurred in the ps3 port. Yes, my example doesn't seem like much, but the sequence was really good, not to mention the replacement was a disgusting spit in the face of the people who gave their all in making it.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
It's hard not to fuck up a port. A port is intrinsically taking something that was set to run on a completely different piece of hardware and do it on a separate one, usually several years after development concluded in the first place. Especially for Japanese devs, who don't do PC games.