Games in 2017 you are looking forward to.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Exactly as the title says.

I myself am looking forward to Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Crash Bandicoot remake (and the new God of War if it comes out in 2017).

Reactions: PandorasBox

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
Well most of the games that I wanted came out this year, though I didn't get a chance to play them yet. Next year seems pretty bleak for me, right now I'm mostly waiting on the 2 new Sonic games that look fairly promising and Prey remake. Guess a surprise indie game could be interesting. Maybe Gabe Newell will announce Half-Life 3 but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Last edited:

anniebannannie

Dec 15, 2016
Mass Effect Andromeda.
Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
South park: Fractured but Whole
Red Dead 2
Excited to see what Hideo Kojima will pull off with Death Standing, even though i wont be interested in playing it myself.
Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale series

And probably more I'm forgetting.

2016 was abysmal for me.

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
Mass Effect: Andromeda tops my list for now. Though admittedly, things have been so busy for me lately that I haven't had time to look at what games are coming out… so really, that's the only game I know about.

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
The new Digimon game thats coming out at the end of January! I just got done pre-ordering my copy for Christmas, super looking forward to it!

I just hope that they'll keep sending more digimon games over to the west, either good or bad (cause I'll probably buy all of them >.>).

Skeleton Man

Dec 22, 2015
Persona 5. NieR Automata. Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Red Dead 2.

In that order. I've been waiting for Persona 5 for a long time now, and the fact that it's almost fuckin' here is causing me to become more unstable. Because the world is moving towards a post-Persona 5 timeline, and I CAN'T HANDLE IT.

NieR is probably my favourite game of last gen, period. Sure it's flawed as fuck, but if you've never played it: you are SERIOUSLY missing out. So Platinum Games (my favourite developer) making a sequel to NieR (my favourite last gen game)? Sign me the fuck up. Demo was amazing. 2b is a badass. Can't wait to find out she's got a penis as well.

I've played FFXIV since the re-release like 3 years ago and it's probably my favourite MMO to date. The expansion looks neat and I'm thoroughly excited about Red Mage's return.

Red Dead Redemption is up there with San Andreas as my joint favourite Rockstar game. I can only hope they nail the old west aesthetic a second time, because riding a horse, raiding bandit camps and gunning people down in the multiplayer was hoorna fun.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Persona 5
Disgaea 2 PC (already 100%'d DHD, but still...)
New Nier
Tales of Berseria? (the series' last few entries have been really hit and miss)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Andromeda, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Resident Evil 7.

Pillars of Eternity 2 (if it comes out this year) and The Bard's Tale IV (same).

Also Skow's TiTS visual novel that I keep forcing myself not to read until its done.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Welp seems I need update my wait list with new Diablo 3 x-pack :catte:

I hope female necromancer will not look like corpse too :rolleyes:

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
Welp seems I need update my wait list with new Diablo 3 x-pack :catte:

I hope female necromancer will not look like corpse too :rolleyes:
I don't know, after Blizzard's last attempt for nostalgia in Diablo 3 I wouldn't hype myself for the necromancer update.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well I not been checking D3 for last 1-2 months so well any new class may be interesting...plus I not been able get used to jsut few minions with shaman. With necro would have more minions at least. I wonder what will their do with old necro golem skills.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I'm still waiting on Pokemon: Insurgence. Dev team said a while ago that everything is finished, but needs serious debugging. Hopefully it will arrive sometimes januaryish.

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm looking forward for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It looks like a bold move by Nintendo. The landscape is just beautiful and the graphics look fantastic.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I just noticed that this year is Shin Megami Tensei's 25th anniversary!...and the page suggests a new SMT? (hopefully not just in my mind). Any and all possibilities are high on my list. Especially a new Raidou game. Happen already dammit.

It's certainly not important enough for its own thread, so I'll just leave a little commemorative pic here.
tumblr_n2u59z7XQx1rm3a56o1_1280.jpg

Happy Anniversary! (also, this pic is totally real)

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I just noticed that this year is Shin Megami Tensei's 25th anniversary!

It's also the 15th anniversary for Kingdom Hearts, 20th for Final Fantasy VII and 30th for the Final Fantasy series itself. A lot of milestone anniversaries this year.

Ellipsis

Dec 5, 2015
Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, the long overdue release of the WiiU version of Breath of the Wild, and prior to its recent cancellation, I was really looking forward to Scalebound.

Oh, and the Friday the 13th game, assuming that's coming out this year. I'm a huge fan of the movies.

voidrunner

Jun 26, 2016
Horizon Zero Dawn as soon as I could save up enough money.

Also, here's to hoping that Dust: An Elysian Tale gets a sequel this year; They left it on such a cliffhanger!

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Scalebound

Excited to see what Hideo Kojima will pull off with Death Standing, even though i wont be interested in playing it myself.
Uh, I hate to break it to ya, but you probably won't be seeing those anytime soon. Scalebound got canned because Microsoft pulled a Konami on us (fear of money, inovation, and success), and I heard Hideo Kojima lost his dream journal, so Death Stranding may not be around any time soon.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
+1 billion.
I loved Divinity Original Sin, can't tell you how many times I played it. I really, really hope this one comes out as good. If it doesn't, I will be crushed, lol.
Nah it will probably be great, if not perfect, they know what they are doing and what people are expecting, otherwise they would have released it already, as it looked already good enough for release for a long time.

Aside from that and the new South Park, Fractured But Whole, I'm not exactly looking up to any games, still trying to find time to finish the ones sitting there in both my steam and ps4 library.