Fort marrok locked chest

Zach Crimson

Aug 10, 2019
Has anyone figured out the code for the locked chest in fort marrok on the second floor cause i'm horrible at riddles and if the answer is the answer to one of the riddles then i'm screwed

Zach Crimson

Aug 10, 2019
In retrospect, I really shouldn't have taken a riddle from a repository, even for what was pretty much a testing system. Such things tend to be shared... I'll have to come up with some original ones for future chests.
observer, i actually wasn't expecting to find it online lol. i just decide to search it cause i fucking hate riddles unless it's one i already know like some of the ones used by the sphinx in CoC. so yea the only reason i even tried searching online is cause i'm really bad with most riddles, unless i get hints then i might be able to figure it out

Nathilio

Jun 21, 2019
where did you find it? cuz i cant seem to find it online atm, nvm found it looking up the actual riddle

Last edited:

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Baldur's Gate II, an old d&d game for pc. Spellhold is a mage prison and one room has a bunch of riddles. The more you answer correctly the less challenging it is to get out. You can actually skip most of the dungeon.

Zach Crimson

Aug 10, 2019
Baldur's Gate II, an old d&d game for pc. Spellhold is a mage prison and one room has a bunch of riddles. The more you answer correctly the less challenging it is to get out. You can actually skip most of the dungeon.
never played any d&d games before

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Really enjoy the wordlock chests. The loot's guaranteed quality, and the challenge of solving a small riddle makes it satisfying to crack one open.

And as a bonus, we can't be locked out of them as long as we can still reach one.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
That's a fun disparity between older games and modern ones. Back then the infamously divisive attitude was that games could test not just your reflexes or your ability to remember patterns but your reasoning and interpretive ability (what riddles generally test, in other words). Even horror games like Silent Hill had some very complex puzzles in them if you chose to play it on higher difficulties.

Now puzzle games are divorced into their own niche and any attempt at throwing a puzzle into a game that isn't about puzzles will keep it super easy.

Zach Crimson

Aug 10, 2019
Really enjoy the wordlock chests. The loot's guaranteed quality, and the challenge of solving a small riddle makes it satisfying to crack one open.

And as a bonus, we can't be locked out of them as long as we can still reach one.
the newest wordlock chest in-game had me confused for a bit but after looking at the available letters it became stupidly obvious what the answer was

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Fort Marrok’s Riddle was ridiculously easy to me. The one in the Cultist Dungeon though had me fumbling a bit before I managed to deduce what would fit in the lock (my initial guesses were on the right track; just had to figure out what word is the right number, lol).

I’ll give a hint to thought process for anyone who’s still clueless though: it’s legit a variant of the river riddle (I.e. runs but can’t walk, has a mouth but can’t talk, etc).

Still no idea?

1) It’s something personified.

2) What is created by the moon upon the sea?

3) What “dies” when it hits land?

Yeah, sorry, not straight up giving the answer out. >;P I’m already spoiling a LOT with these hints. It’s pretty darn easy if you have a very basic knowledge of science. Come on, you can do it! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!

and if you’re REALLY STUMPED, just freaking flip through the letters until something makes sense

Reactions: Timcanpy
L

Leepteep

Has anyone figured out the code for the locked chest in fort marrok on the second floor cause i'm horrible at riddles and if the answer is the answer to one of the riddles then i'm screwed
The answer doesn't really make any sense within the context the answer.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
It makes perfect sense when you figure it out. You just need to know a little science.

Exactly! Just think back to when you were in first grade and learning about the relationship of the moon and the earth. I had it right at the first two lines. ^^;

With riddles, just don’t overthink things.

P

puffdaddy

The answer does not make sense if you understand the science. If the answer was "tide" or "the tides" then it would make sense, but as it stands it requires too much a roundabout way of thinking about it. The wording of the riddle makes it sound like you're referring to something CREATED by the Moon and "dying" when it gets to "land" from space, when clearly you meant that it dies when it gets to land, which is sort of a dumb way of thinking about it, since what the answer is DOESN'T die when it reaches land, the answer is an entire motion, multiple arcs in sequence, not just a single half-arc, which is what would "die" when it hits shore. It really is one of those "bruh just turn your brain off" riddles, cause when you don't think about it in depth at all it does make sense.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
The answer does not make sense if you understand the science. If the answer was "tide" or "the tides" then it would make sense, but as it stands it requires too much a roundabout way of thinking about it. The wording of the riddle makes it sound like you're referring to something CREATED by the Moon and "dying" when it gets to "land" from space, when clearly you meant that it dies when it gets to land, which is sort of a dumb way of thinking about it, since what the answer is DOESN'T die when it reaches land, the answer is an entire motion, multiple arcs in sequence, not just a single half-arc, which is what would "die" when it hits shore. It really is one of those "bruh just turn your brain off" riddles, cause when you don't think about it in depth at all it does make sense.
No. You're an idiot. Riddles are supposed to be metaphorical. That's the whole point of them. Ocean waves also refer to the individual half-arc. No one has ever said "wow that's a huge half arc coming in".

"I am created as a side effect of the moon's gravity, when I crash into the land I dissipate." and the answer is "half-arc" LMAO

D

Dafuq

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul

NuttyTree

Apr 29, 2020
1) It’s something personified.

2) What is created by the moon upon the sea?

3) What “dies” when it hits land?

Yeah, sorry, not straight up giving the answer out. >;P I’m already spoiling a LOT with these hints. It’s pretty darn easy if you have a very basic knowledge of science. Come on, you can do it! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!

and if you’re REALLY STUMPED, just freaking flip through the letters until something makes sense

Your Hints actually made me more confused Except 1 and maybe 2 which the answer doesn't really die on land. I like how you put a red herring in this hint xD

Dear read, If you hate riddles of old like me then here is a hint(thankfully this one is easy - Yes, I am stupid);

-You faced tides,then waves of enemies.

Note: If you don't get it after this then there is no helping you but try to lay out the letter from each section. You'll see it then want to rethink your life as I did. Seriously, I know I was stupid but man ...