Forest Camp New Demo [RPG Maker] Story based RPG

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Hello, all!

Finally, I pressed magic button "compress" to finalize the project. And now I release my first game!

You can find it on my patreon page.

Meet the Forest camp!

I had an idea of this game since about start of this year. In march, I started development process and made some dozens of mistakes. It was the painful experience - yeah... But, I didn't give up and finally have a playable variant of the game.

1.jpg

It has some mistakes anyway, and it a little bit linear, but it only my first public try and it only at the start. This demo will show you main moments of the story, characters, and arts.

The demo will show also you a little sex content and some, not linear dialogs. It takes you to the same endings at now, but in future, it will make some difference in characters opinion about you and most of you choices will have effects on a story.

The main story line is that you and your friend, with two your girlfriends, do to camping in the forest without parents control for a three days. And you want to make it like an adult.

You will have to decide choices in many situations and interactions that will affect your character status and relations of another character to you person.

2.jpg

3.jpg

In the Forest Camp, as many ]might have noticed, I used some moments from GoblinBoy's Camping Trip.

The project was started as a sandbox and I did not want much to come up with the plot, but after a few months of work, I decided not to give up original characters and not to change the subject. This first game will be small, and if the public will perceive it positively, I will continue the story of perhaps making more of its supplements.

This game will be for Free.

4.jpg

7.jpg

I hope to find here experienced critics and get feedback on my project.

The Demo version of the game there is about 200 CG.

Like this:

3d render near cave.png

And you can find it on my page.

Thank you for all your support.

Have a nice play.

Sincerely Blue.

Last edited:

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
Remaking the old GoblinBoy games, eh?  Certainly an interesting idea.  I have some interest in this.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Yeah, waited until someone else does it.

But after a several years of waiting,

I decided to undertake this myself.

Now i'm working on a second day quests, and make some serious change in first one.

Sincerely Blue.

Last edited by a moderator:

sethxxxx

Mar 10, 2016
I read you are waiting GB approve your work, I hope you have found him, otherwise I don't know when he will be back for giving or negating his approval.

I haven't already tried the game, but probably the face of Becky and Melissa need a bit of work, now Melissa seems more innocent than Becky, but I understand that  it's not an easy job.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
If you don't hear from goblinboy soon, there is a way to protect yourself. What you would need do is change a name or 2 and make your own changes to the story. Then put a disclaimer in the game saying you're inspired by goblinboy's work.  There have been others who have attempted to contact goblinboy and he doesn't always respond. Therefore, I'd suggest following the advice deus exlibris gave you.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Thanks for the advice. Most likely I will take your advice.

That would not produce dissatisfaction.

And those who are in the subject of the Goblin Boy games will still find similarities.
Hopefully this option satisfied everyone.

Sincerely, Blue.

Mike

Apr 16, 2016
I do not intend to offend you. And it will say it most softly as possible.   

DO YOU WASTE YOUR TIME FOR IT. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.  the game lucks programing skills, some text is missing. CG is awful.  That is why you have 0 on your patreon page. And it won't be any dramatic change any time soon.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I do not intend to offend you. And it will say it most softly as possible.   

DO YOU WASTE YOUR TIME FOR IT. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.  the game lucks programing skills, some text is missing. CG is awful.  That is why you have 0 on your patreon page. And it won't be any dramatic change any time soon.

geez talk about negative. It's people like you that we don't need when testing games. There's such a thing as constructive criticism and extremely negative criticism. That post is of the latter and a reason why some people shouldn't post.

I find your post even funner to read since you appear to be a developer yourself, I would think other developers would be in support of other devs and give them positive feed back, not sound really negative and give constructive criticism and advice to how to improve the game.

Aside from your own game thread all your posts have been negative, hurtful and plain putting down other developers. Grow up man, at least try to be civil and none to blunt in your posts all your doing from what I can see from your track record of posts is intentionally being an ass to put off people from making games.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
geez talk about negative. It's people like you that we don't need when testing games. There's such a thing as constructive criticism and extremely negative criticism. That post is of the latter and a reason why some people shouldn't post.

I find your post even funner to read since you appear to be a developer yourself, I would think other developers would be in support of other devs and give them positive feed back, not sound really negative and give constructive criticism and advice to how to improve the game.

Aside from your own game thread all your posts have been negative, hurtful and plain putting down other developers. Grow up man, at least try to be civil and none to blunt in your posts all your doing from what I can see from your track record of posts is intentionally being an ass to put off people from making games.

Thank you - my sentiments exactly

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Yup.. I can see Mike has been attacking the developers who are using 3d art with RPG maker MV. Do not listen to his drivel. What I find interesting is that he's apparently abandoned "Voyeur" which is an RPG Maker game made with 3D assets. Sounds like someone with a grudge against his own game is taking it out on other developers.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Yup.. I can see Mike has been attacking the developers who are using 3d art with RPG maker MV. Do not listen to his drivel. What I find interesting is that he's apparently abandoned "Voyeur" which is an RPG Maker game made with 3D assets. Sounds like someone with a grudge against his own game is taking it out on other developers.

Figures, things don't go his way so he has to go and rip into others and get some sick perverse pleasure out of telling others their work is crap. Just the kind of person I hate the most in the world. Tells you how self-centered they are and that if they can't succeed than no one else can.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Yes, of course I put too unfinished demo.

But after several months of stumbling and error, I got a playable version. Start up with bugs and flaws, but I would like to share and get to know other people's opinion.

Aggressive criticism. Well, I can not please everyone.

Meanwhile, I continue to work on the bugs and continuing the the story.

Sincerely, Blue.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Work on the new demo version is almost finished.

Some pictures from the game.

3d render near cave.png

Сard game.png

Sincerely, Blue.

MacVpl

Aug 2, 2016
Blue, You are doing great work. Please dont be daunted, by baseless criticsm. I dont think your first demo was unfinished or with poor graphic. (Imo graphic is not most important thing in that kind of games;  I have played many games with pretty graphic and poor, unreal story and it was disappointing... Realism, story, possibility of choices are much important for me )  Regards :)

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Thank you for your support and feedback.

I hope the new demo will like you more. There are different roots that will lead in the future to different consequences.
Enjoy the game.

I made a few changes, and completely rewrote the story to avoid accusations of plagiarism.

(Thank you for the idea Muttdoggy.)

Sincerely, Blue.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
You're welcome! I'm can't download it fast enough and I'm on a quick connection! Gonna play it soon! :yeah:

MacVpl

Aug 2, 2016
Nice update, but something is wrong with display od pictures. I can see only part of images and looks like some of scenes is missing...  for example: face of natalie and Kevin or scene with hole in the tent... I dont know its because of setting of my pc. But previous version works good.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
You need to change library in INI file in the game directory.
It must be:
Library=System\RGSS300.dll

and make it file options - to read only.
It happens because the images too big for the original RPGVXAce engine.

Sincerely, Blue.

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
So I got the error for the missing picture Graphics/Pictures/Nat suck cock Kevin near cave 3.  It's a shame when you make branches that no one follows.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Thank you all for your feedback and finding bugs. It really helps me.

Seems, I was a little сareless at assembly all the parts together. 

Аnother steps on the way to the correct result.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely Blue.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Hello!
I'm done with the biggest scene in game. Finally...
Have met some troubles, but now it going to the final scenes!

So it will be very soon to the end of this project.

Hope you'll like it.

Sincerely Blue.

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
Dang. I liked your work so far, it's a shame you aren't getting very much support.

blue014

Jul 5, 2016
Dang. I liked your work so far, it's a shame you aren't getting very much support.
Thank you! I hope to finish this project in March or April, and thinking about to do a sequel or some thing else. I have a couple of ideas on account of the following projects. I think I'll make a vote and we will decide what I'll do next.

But first I will finish this project.
And of course, I will not spend 6 months on 1 update which burn my hardware.

Sincerely Blue.