Download Issue TiTS (Avira)

Sivertop

Jun 5, 2016
Hey together..

Yes its my first post and on top of that it begins like that... :/

Each time i finishing TiTS Download im getting a Virus-Warning from Avira

TiTS_0.6.52.swf -- "EXP/Flash.EB.526" <--Virus

Because i dont trust such alerts...i just wanted to ask if any other here got a detection aswell. Im asking because i searched here some pages and nothing about that is even mentioned.

I would like to play this game again..and i remeber the last time i downloaded this i did not had that strange warning. well it was half a year ago..

Maybe someone can help me out with that.

FrankenApple

Mar 29, 2016
My security also likes to pick on .swf files for some reason, but as far as I'm aware this one should be 100% safe.

Sivertop

Jun 5, 2016
hm okay.. well i dont have problems with other .swf files thats what made me curious

well right now im installing kaspersky if it doesnt find anything i can be sure its just avira trolling me

okay its just avira..

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
TiTS is open source...

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Game is clean, but we do a couple of things that, from a naive assessment look similar to some published Flash exploits.

To give a specific example.

We use regex, but we don't look for multibyte characters- we do insert them back into the string. But we also don't use the flags required to trigger this. But the simple presence of a multibyte character in a regular expression invocation seems to trip up some AV scanners.  :shepicide:

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
How hard would it be to support Unicode so I can have ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) everywhere?