Forced M2F & F2M events in TiTS ?

Syssiah

Dec 11, 2015
Heya,

Just starting the game, I wanted to know if the game includes some transgender transformations, that are non-consensual/forced/random or such ?

Or are all TF a decision of the player ?

Thanks in advance for helping the newbie I am ^^

K

Krynh

I wanted to know if the game includes some transgender transformations, that are non-consensual/forced/random or such
Only one person in game gets forceably changed and even then they aren't gender swapped just feminised.

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
There is, the Dr. Badger event. It turns you to a furry herm I believe. Also isn't there something with Beth's brothel?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Also isn't there something with Beth's brothel?
That's trappification, a.k.a making you a feminine boy, not MtF.
Even then, that isn't even a forced event in the slightest, nor is it randomly done, you completely consent to them doing it to you and are able to back out of it.

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
Fen&Co are very strict that you can always back out of a situation. It's written in one of the guides somewhere. Because you won't like it if it doesn't tickle your particular fetish.

I am not even sure if you'd call the dr. Badger a forced transformation. In game, it is consent, but in world it isn't really, or is it?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Generally forced gender transformations accompany bad ends involving parties that take the subdued PC as a slave. Dr. Badger & quest is the most prominent example of this.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
There's one of the Stellar Tether bad ends that makes you grow a dick if you don't have one already, but then again it's a bad end.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Poe A and badger's hero thing are technically forced transformations, but you are warned about that before you interact with either.

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
Poe A and badger's hero thing are technically forced transformations, but you are warned about that before you interact with either.
As AHornyPanda said, you are warned before pretty much anything majorly transformative. Basically, the player has to consent to things, but Steele does not. So Poe A for example, Steele has no clue that these suits are going to be permanent major TFs with psychological effects on top of the physical ones, but the player is warned beforehand repeatedly. That's just part of the design of TiTS. It's a bitch and a half to get your special snowflake Steele to look like what you want them to look like, so forced TFs really (rightfully) cause a lot of headaches, many more than the boners they cause.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I would argue that Poe A is actually a completely forced TF as if you didn't read the patch notes for it when it was released, you would have no idea that would have to pick a TF, no matter what you do after you press its button in the flight menu.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
I would argue that Poe A is actually a completely forced TF as if you didn't read the patch notes for it when it was released, you would have no idea that would have to pick a TF, no matter what you do after you press its button in the flight menu.
It does tell you that attending has permanent consequences though.

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Fen&Co are very strict that you can always back out of a situation. It's written in one of the guides somewhere. Because you won't like it if it doesn't tickle your particular fetish.

I am not even sure if you'd call the dr. Badger a forced transformation. In game, it is consent, but in world it isn't really, or is it?

Unless of course your fetish IS being forced... in which case.. I keep having to go to doctor badger. *sniffles*

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
It does tell you that attending has permanent consequences though.

Actually that's not what it says. It says "Things can get out of hand, with permanent consequences!". Note the word CAN, there, not will. There is no warning that bad shit IS going to happen and you're locked into it from the moment you make the decision to fly there. There's no warning that your character will be blindsided by simple actions like putting on a costume, which is ridiculous. You're supposed to be a smart, skilled, armed and equipped explorer, meaning you should be well capable of seeing danger coming and have the opportunity to make smart decisions to avoid trouble.

For example, the helmet option. With no indication that anything is wrong, completely sober and alert, your character suddenly becomes a bumbling moron that will play with an unidentified alien without even so much as checking it out or looking it up or even asking the woman who presumably knows about the thing if it's safe to touch. In fact you proceed through her yelling warnings at you! You're then turned into a bimbo and raped. For putting on a helmet! I quit and reloaded my game on the spot, I was not putting up with that and neither should anyone else. That's bad game design, period, punishing players for innocuous choices with no indication of anything wrong.

An appropriate way to handle it is to give the player the choice whether to touch the thing or not, not take control of the character and have them do it. You let them know the woman is yelling something at them, that they don't know what this thing is, and then give them a choice to approach it or back off. If they bumble forward despite the warning, that's on them. Forcing the player on that path by handing them the Idiot Ball is total bullshit.

Zombiqaz

Nov 16, 2016
Say, where do you see the warning for Poe A?

I was looking for it for some context to this discussion, but if I try to fly there I don't get a warning (and I'm now past the point of no return). I know you get a message of some sort when you unlock access to Poe A, but I can't find it amongst my Extranet Messages.

I'm pretty sure I read a warning about it at some point, but I don't remember where exactly.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Actually that's not what it says. It says "Things can get out of hand, with permanent consequences!". Note the word CAN, there, not will.
There's a thing called "implications" also wouldn't want to directly spoil things to the player.

Say, where do you see the warning for Poe A?

I was looking for it for some context to this discussion, but if I try to fly there I don't get a warning (and I'm now past the point of no return). I know you get a message of some sort when you unlock access to Poe A, but I can't find it amongst my Extranet Messages.

I'm pretty sure I read a warning about it at some point, but I don't remember where exactly.
It's in the E-mail that unlocks the flight option.

You're supposed to be a smart, skilled, armed and equipped explorer, meaning you should be well capable of seeing danger coming and have the opportunity to make smart decisions to avoid trouble.
No, you aren't "supposed" to. Steele CAN be, but also equally likely can not as all the bad ends can likely happen throughout the game. You might as well be a bumbling idiot. Also you chances are Steele didn't get nearly enough to be an uber elite adventurer who would know how to deal with anything.

For example, the helmet option. With no indication that anything is wrong, completely sober and alert, your character suddenly becomes a bumbling moron that will play with an unidentified alien without even so much as checking it out or looking it up or even asking the woman who presumably knows about the thing if it's safe to touch. In fact you proceed through her yelling warnings at you! You're then turned into a bimbo and raped. For putting on a helmet! I quit and reloaded my game on the spot, I was not putting up with that and neither should anyone else. That's bad game design, period, punishing players for innocuous choices with no indication of anything wrong.
Except it wouldn't be a punishment at all if the scene in question was your fetish. Then it would be a reward.

An appropriate way to handle it is to give the player the choice whether to touch the thing or not, not take control of the character and have them do it. You let them know the woman is yelling something at them, that they don't know what this thing is, and then give them a choice to approach it or back off. If they bumble forward despite the warning, that's on them. Forcing the player on that path by handing them the Idiot Ball is total bullshit.
But then you'd get shit from the forced TF (which are a staple of the genre) crowd. Also I think You might have missed the warning at the beginning of the game, the one in the main menu, warning you about encountering fetishes you aren't into.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Most of the 'Fiction' horror stories and the stuff in the VR Lounge have forced TF stuff, albeit is happening in fiction/to a fictional character. All of them are MtF of feminization stuff, sadly.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Huh. I guess I must've accidentally deleted that email, because I can't see it in my list.

You shouldn't be able to delete it...

Do you have Poe A unlocked in the travel menu?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Huh. I guess I must've accidentally deleted that email, because I can't see it in my list.
Not an actual email, sadly. It's a scene that occurs, something like "your email bleeps, you've been invited".

Zombiqaz

Nov 16, 2016
You shouldn't be able to delete it...

Do you have Poe A unlocked in the travel menu?

I have Poe A unlocked.
Most of the emails that you can delete are spam/are there to be part of the setting but there are a few from named characters that you can delete, such as the emails from Celise and Kiro's invitation to the futa orgy.

Not an actual email, sadly. It's a scene that occurs, something like "your email bleeps, you've been invited".

Does anyone else here have the Poe A invitation in there email? That would be one way to answer that question.

In any case, I was going to say that I didn't think that the Poe A warning was accurate, but I wanted to check the warning myself to make sure what I was saying was correct. IIRC it says something like "things may get out of control", which I took to mean that some routes may have content where the player isn't in control. Its something that suggests that you should save first. But felt it was more of a "don't drink the punch, it's been spiked" kinda warning, not a "you should avoid the party entirely"-strength warning. Which is important, because once you arrive at Poe A you're going to get one transformation or another. And some potentially-unwanted sex scenes.

Still, I don't have the warning in front of me, so I could be wrong.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
It's a proper email... lemme snag a pic of it... there we go.
emailproof.png

Oh, don't the Vanae Huntresses give you bigger breasts if you lose a fight against if you're female? Or was that bigger nuts if you're male...?

Darth_Meow_504

Mar 14, 2017
But then [if you were warned or could opt out] you'd get shit from the forced TF (which are a staple of the genre) crowd. Also I think You might have missed the warning at the beginning of the game, the one in the main menu, warning you about encountering fetishes you aren't into.

There's a difference between encountering a fetish and being forced to participate in it. And there's also a major difference between the character being forced into something and the player being forced. The character might not have a choice according to the rules of the scene, but the player should always have fair warning what they are about to put their character through and have the chance to opt out before it happens. And no, the "but the forced TF fans would bitch!" is not an excuse. Someone being into non-consent doesn't mean they get to rope other people into non-consensual things.

Here's an example: On the space station above Uveto, there's a collar with electronics you find and you can put it on if you want. It's pretty plain to anyone with a brain that if you put that thing on, you're going to be at someone's mercy and anything could happen. You, as the player, have the opportunity to see it coming and make a decision if that's the kind of scene you want to go through or not. That's how it should be. If it was handled like Poe A, you would be forced to pick it up and put it on just for stepping into that square with no warning or chance to make a different choice. That would be unacceptable, just like this forced stuff at Poe A is.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
There's a difference between encountering a fetish and being forced to participate in it. And there's also a major difference between the character being forced into something and the player being forced. The character might not have a choice according to the rules of the scene, but the player should always have fair warning what they are about to put their character through and have the chance to opt out before it happens. And no, the "but the forced TF fans would bitch!" is not an excuse. Someone being into non-consent doesn't mean they get to rope other people into non-consensual things.

Here's an example: On the space station above Uveto, there's a collar with electronics you find and you can put it on if you want. It's pretty plain to anyone with a brain that if you put that thing on, you're going to be at someone's mercy and anything could happen. You, as the player, have the opportunity to see it coming and make a decision if that's the kind of scene you want to go through or not. That's how it should be. If it was handled like Poe A, you would be forced to pick it up and put it on just for stepping into that square with no warning or chance to make a different choice. That would be unacceptable, just like this forced stuff at Poe A is.
Except you do have a choice, you can not pick it as a destination to travel after getting the email invite.

If it truly forced you, like you are suggesting, you'd get pulled into it the moment you read or even get the email.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
Except you do have a choice, you can not pick it as a destination to travel after getting the email invite.

If it truly forced you, like you are suggesting, you'd get pulled into it the moment you read or even get the email.
The question is whether the player is informed enough to make a proper decision.

The warning (which isn't in the mail screenshot above, so it's probably just in the hover text for the planet) apparently says that things can have permanent consequences, suggesting in turn that there's also a way through without forced permanent changes. Such a way doesn't actually exist.

So yeah, either the warning should be more explicit, or there should be a "get out without TF" path.