FoE android port [Updated 0.4q]

piedol

Nov 3, 2015
Question. If I scroll down any text too far, or pull up on the interface around it, the entire UI shifts up into a white space. It's not a huge deal, just wondering if there's a way to lock the screen to avoid it happening.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
I don't know if I don't have the right tools for it but every time I try to get 0.4r or 0.4s it says that the file can't open. Any ideas?

I think you need to activate "Unknown Sources" in your android settings too, under "Privacy & Security".

SadaoThaBlack

Mar 24, 2016
I think you need to activate "Unknown Sources" in your android settings too, under "Privacy & Security".

Nope that did not work either. If I become a backer will I be able to get it for my phone as well or is that only for TiTs?

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Nope that did not work either. If I become a backer will I be able to get it for my phone as well or is that only for TiTs?

What you see is what you get. Check the latest blogpost for FoE for the latest android APK. FoE is not supported natively on IOS or Windows Phone, but you should be able to play it on any platform through a browser (play online option).

Chesheire

Oct 2, 2015
Still unable to install the Android version. Currently using a V10 w/ Android Version 5.1.1. I have Unknown sources  checked off, yet it still won't allow me to install the .apk. Once I get to the install screen, the only button that is functional is the "cancel" button; I'm unable to tap the "install" button entirely. I dunno whether or not it's the .apk, or if it's the phone, but I do know that I was able to easily install the CoC and TiTs .apks when I tried.

Kragar00

Sep 8, 2015
@Chesheire do you have any screen filters on? Anything that would change the screen's brightness? These will block the installation of any app.

Can you install other apps right now? Something from the store? 

Chesheire

Oct 2, 2015
@Chesheire do you have any screen filters on? Anything that would change the screen's brightness? These will block the installation of any app.

Can you install other apps right now? Something from the store? 

Thanks, turning off the night filter my phone runs worked! I feel kind of stupid because I've run into this type of problem before. Thanks again!

easykiln

Sep 10, 2015
Vague report that almost certainly isn't new: when I play on my nexus 5x the game doesn’t really fit to the screen. Have to slide it around to see it all and there is a bunch of white space on the bottom that I can scroll into for some reason. Makes it incredibly annoying to play. I know it isn't really designed for a small screen, but small buttons are a lot better than not being able to see the entire screen. 

Kragar00

Sep 8, 2015
I've had the same problem on my LG G3 for several versions. I assume it has to do with setting the size of the webview/wrapper. 

foxworth117

May 6, 2016

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Same started happening to me odly program worked up to until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

warlording

Jun 3, 2016
Can confirm, I have tried re downloading, connecting and disconnecting from WiFi, and re opening on my LG G5 and it gets stuck at loading assets page. Shame tho bc the computer version is godlike it would be amazing to see it make it to mobile.

Nilam

Aug 28, 2015
Can confirm, I have tried re downloading, connecting and disconnecting from WiFi, and re opening on my LG G5 and it gets stuck at loading assets page. Shame tho bc the computer version is godlike it would be amazing to see it make it to mobile.

You are using the latest version from the blog post, right? I just installed it just now and it worked without a problem.

White space here too, Samsung Galaxy 

Could you try using this? I think it should be fixed, but not completely sure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ekoJyAHsvSbzc0RmxjMXo5X0U/view

Dravyn98

Jun 9, 2016
I was wondering if when there is a new update will it erase my saves and force me to start over? I just started playing it not to long ago but have made a fair bit of progress so i in hope that doesnt happen.

Nilam

Aug 28, 2015
I was wondering if when there is a new update will it erase my saves and force me to start over? I just started playing it not to long ago but have made a fair bit of progress so i in hope that doesnt happen.

You keep all your data, but just in case I would save to file before updating. 

Hellmonkey

Jul 25, 2016
I freeze in any combat.  This is the first one, after defeating an imp. The only way not to lock up is submit but it does on second fight. Using version R and Q on a Kindle Fire.  TiTs works fine

Screenshot_2016-07-25-22-33-06.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Likely, this is due to the browser not properly supporting the transparency on the fallen enemy icons. There was a similar error on Chrome a while, before it was fixed.

Visceral

Sep 28, 2015
ouch, hope nothing serious. either way, patience is always required for games still in development.