Flexible Survival

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
Flexible Survival

Blog: http://blog.flexiblesurvival.com/

Game engine: Inform (Text-Based)

Quickstart Guide:

You grab an interpreter, for example WinGit 1.34, plus the Flexible Survival game file

Then put the interpreter in a folder together with the game file, start the interpreter (Git.exe), select the game file and you got FS running. After that it's just typing commands or clicking hyperlinks in the text....

Setting: Post-Apocalyptic, Survival Game

Synopsis: An almost unstoppable wave of nanite infections has spread all over the city you are living in, with the infected shifting to new shapes and taking on characteristics of their changed forms. It is up to you to survive till the military finally moves in and rescues you. Or maybe you want to do more than just survive - you could revel in the new forms the nanites can shift you to, meet other survivors and help them, or enslave them, or do any number of things. Variety is the name of the game, and there is a whole lot to find, try out and enjoy in Flexible Survival...

Adult themes: Transformation, plus countless different interests and fetishes to find here or there - to name a few: submissive/dominant content, impregnation, mind control, bestiality, tentacles, prostitution, bondage (light and hard), vore, etc. (complete with the option to selectively disable what you don't want to see). There's something for everyone there.

NPC/Character Gender: Males, Females, Herms, Trans, Neuters - Any gender's welcome, you can become anything and have fun with everything.

Monsters/Infections: Currently 218 different shapes of creatures to meet/fight/fuck/transform into. Furries (anthro & feral), elves, demons, angels, robots, tentacle beasts, dragons, goo, centaurs, cavemen, ...

NPCs: 142 NPCs you can meet in your travels, most of them can be fucked/saved/enslaved/... , many have their own quests and change depending on player choices.

Development: Flexible Survival has 3 main writers (Stripes, Bluebishop and Wahn) who create new content following patreon subscribers or commissioner's wishes, as well as our own ideas. Plus anyone who wants to join in and write content is welcome to do so. Inform isn't hard to learn...

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FS?ty=h

Discord: https://discord.gg/gZG2nw6

Here's are some few impressions of characters you can meet in FS:

Sarah_01_v4.jpg Alexandra_01.jpgValerie (sphinx).png Cyric (feral displacer beast).jpgDanny the mall rat 2.jpg Elijah (angel, good + evil version).jpg eric-shirt-trans-small.jpg Tribe_clothed_small.jpgMul & Joe_small.jpgMarc & Rane 2.jpg

Last edited:

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
Is there a map or such to allow better navigation? I've been lost in the mall area for quite a while...

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Nope. Inform engine is very primitive in terms of interface.

Patrick R. Key

Nov 20, 2015
Tried playing it, but it sort of froze on me in. I got this message: Quixe run: gli_put_char: window has pending line request

Edit: I've also been noticing instances where you'll see "[picture number 29 here.]", is this because my settings need to be changed or are pictures just nyi?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
I can get it to work on my phone, but I cant save any permanent files or do too many productive things besides "hmmm this is a good change of pace, lets see how quick I can get my ideal character pregnant." Plus not sure why but the whole female dragons and male dragons with the vore scenes really get me going for some reason.

Im discovering new kinks every day!

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Vore is something I will never understand but Scales thats something I can get behind.

For me it's not so much the being eaten alive, but that In like reverse vore (like the giant turtle girl in coc) being inserted into a giant creature and the though of literally "inside" of them I guess. xD

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
Okay, let me answer your questions one by one:

- MysteryMouse & Etis: See attached txt file for a mall map.

- Patrick: I would recommend getting the raw game file and an interpreter and playing that way. Far less trouble than the online version. WinGit is a fast one (you can get it here)

- Lawleios: Same here - grab the raw file and that ^^ interpreter (or another of your choice) for uninterrupted fun. Glad to hear you liked FS. We got lots of new stuff for you to check out by now too :)

- Dalgon: Again, grab the offline version for more fun, easier saving and so on. And of course I'm glad you like the vore scenes. We do have a few of those in the game. Also engulfment by living latex critters, if that's your thing...

Oh by the way - we do have a more modern Flash interface under development, but it'll be some time yet before that is ready.

View attachment Flexible Survival - Smith Haven Mall Map.txt

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Out of curiosity I'm very much tempted to ask... Nuku? Is that you?

Anyways the various few times I've played through the SP version I've never really explored the entire city (Is it Fairhaven in this case or am I mistaken?), I doth wonder how much has changed.

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
Out of curiosity I'm very much tempted to ask... Nuku? Is that you?

Anyways the various few times I've played through the SP version I've never really explored the entire city (Is it Fairhaven in this case or am I mistaken?), I doth wonder how much has changed.

Nope, Wahn here - FS Writer #2 (after Stripes). And Fairhaven is the city in the FS multiplayer. The city in the FS singleplayer is an unnamed west coast city. Also, FS changes a lot, all the time - come check it out, I bet we have lots of stuff new for you.

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
Check out the FS fanart pieces I added to the first post ^^. These depict a few characters and situations you can encounter in FS.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Check out the FS fanart pieces I added to the first post ^^. These depict a few characters and situations you can encounter in FS.

It's a shame that I cannot make heads or tails of the interface or engine, because there's so much damn content...

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
It's a shame that I cannot make heads or tails of the interface or engine, because there's so much damn content...

Well, you grab an interpreter, for example WinGit 1.34, plus the Flexible Survival game file

Then put the interpreter in a folder together with the game file, click Git.exe, select the game file and you got FS running. After that it's just typing commands or clicking hyperlinks in the text....

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
:) -Dalgon: Again, grab the offline version for more fun, easier saving and so on. And of course I'm glad you like the vore scenes. We do have a few of those in the game. Also engulfment by living latex critters, if that's your thing...

Lol yeah I really do like my smut, its just kinda funny to me cause I'll ger my character stuck and be thinking "oh nos! How shall I ever escape?!" -gives token resistance- "nuuu! Dont eat me!"

Well, you grab an interpreter, for example WinGit 1.34, plus the Flexible Survival game file

Then put the interpreter in a folder together with the game file, click Git.exe, select the game file and you got FS running. After that it's just typing commands or clicking hyperlinks in the text....

Ahh, and this method will work with an Android too? Cause to be honest, when I first became a backer for TiTS I didn't have access to the backers side of the official site to get my android/apk downloads from the list, and Fen (in a roundabout way) told me how to wing it from the Patron end, but I'm still convinced that was dumb luck. If it were possible to make/find an app for it that would be amazing!

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
Been playing this for a while, and it's definitely one of the better H-games out there that I've played. Impressive writing, too, with a little something for everyone. Only really done singleplayer, though- MP does look like fun, but the layout's a bit too bloody arcane for the plebbish likes of me.

Btw, saw the blog update, Wahn- glad to hear you got that clusterfuck with Inform's content capacity sorted out.

You're doing the Lewd's work, guys. Keep it u- (gets shot for making that godawful pun)

levant

Aug 31, 2015
It's a really cool game and plays pretty well, but considering that sex is the main focus, I'd kinda like to see sex scenes that are more than a paragraph or two. I realize that you have a metric buttload of enemy encounters in the game, so it'd be asking a lot to have a novel for each of them, but it still seems to fall short by quite a bit. Many encounters don't even have a victory sex scene at all as far as I can tell (wyvern, snake, chinchilla, etc)

Loading times also seem a bit oddly long. Is that an inherent flaw with the inform engine? I've never done anything with it before

And finally, pictures don't seem to be working, even though I have then enabled. I encountered a ewe and it said something about bringing up a picture, but nothing came up and I couldn't click it. Are they just not implemented yet?

Naas

Feb 1, 2016
Does that gblorb get updated or is it still way behind the content mentioned in the blog?

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
It's a really cool game and plays pretty well, but considering that sex is the main focus, I'd kinda like to see sex scenes that are more than a paragraph or two. I realize that you have a metric buttload of enemy encounters in the game, so it'd be asking a lot to have a novel for each of them, but it still seems to fall short by quite a bit. Many encounters don't even have a victory sex scene at all as far as I can tell (wyvern, snake, chinchilla, etc)

Loading times also seem a bit oddly long. Is that an inherent flaw with the inform engine? I've never done anything with it before

And finally, pictures don't seem to be working, even though I have then enabled. I encountered a ewe and it said something about bringing up a picture, but nothing came up and I couldn't click it. Are they just not implemented yet?

Content:

As with any large project written by numerous people over a number of years, there is a certain span of variance of complexity in the different parts of FS. While there are a few creatures that don't actually have sex scenes (maybe 10-20 of 200+ critters), the overwhelming majority do have lots of fun to discover. From those you named, the chinchilla is one of the ancient ones that no one was interested enough in yet to fix up, whereas the wyverns do have an extensive set of sex scenes - your character just isn't powerful enough to do anything but flee from the massive beasts yet. Try again once you're 10 levels higher and you can properly vanquish a wyvern and sex it up. Same thing with the snake - lots of stuff there, once you've gotten the "touched by madness" feat that makes your character contemplate fucking a snake.

Furthermore, the scenes of wandering monsters are _purposefully_ kept to a manageable length, since not everyone likes every creature and having people click through a monumentally long scene they don't want to see wouldn't be so nice. And even if the person does like the scene, stumbling into extra extra long sex randomly still isn't something they might want to do all the time. In the end, these sex scenes are the "quickie" scenes of instant gratification on the teeming streets of the city. If you do want to play through one of the (many) elaborate and lengthy scenes that are in FS, pick up a few NPCs - rescue them or drag slaves to the library and you can fuck em to your heart's content, in long-ish scenes with options, threesomes and whatnot.

As a small example, check out this sex menu of David, one of my NPCs:

1 - Suck David's cock
2 - Have him suck your cock
3 - Let David fuck your pussy
4 - Let David fuck your ass
5 - Take David's ass
6 - Brutus & David Scene (David gives oral)
7 - Brutus & David Scene (BJ by Brutus)
8 - Brutus & David Scene (Brutus gets fucked)
9 - Brutus & David Scene (David gets fucked)
10 - Threesome with Brutus & David (DP Brutus)

Loading times / Pictures:

Can I ask how you play FS? I really can not recommend using the in-browser version, that makes nothing but trouble. Grab the game file, an interpreter and let it run. Loading time should be nil, more or less and the numerous pictures will be shown.

Does that gblorb get updated or is it still way behind the content mentioned in the blog?

The game file available should always be the current one. Nuku usually re-compiles within a few hours if there has been an update to the hub with new code.

In case you need help, don't forget about the Flexible Survival: SP wiki. (There's an infection mode and multiplayer as well)

http://wiki.flexiblesurvival.com/w/Main_Page#Flexible_Survival:_Single-Player

Oh yeah, thanks for adding the link. Totally forgot to mention the wiki.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
That was a really fun game. I played it like... an year ago? *Tries to remember*

Well, I was going to give it a go again to see what changed but I guess I'll wait till the new client/engine thingamajig is done. Fun as the game was, the interface and the controls for it kinda sucked.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Though I like the game despite the old school interface, it itches me that the wiki doesn't explain what does each transformative do. I know, controlled transformation is not what the game is for, but still, a list would be a nice thing to have, considering that savescumming is not exactly an option.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Though I like the game despite the old school interface, it itches me that the wiki doesn't explain what does each transformative do. I know, controlled transformation is not what the game is for, but still, a list would be a nice thing to have, considering that savescumming is not exactly an option.

Never had problem with this. With very few exceptions transformatives can transform into creature you've looted it from. And you can always buy nanite collector from Zephyr to use it instead of transformatives. Also, there are awesome "undo" command to test and quickly rewind back.

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
^^ Or you can just select the "Researcher" play style and get infection vials for everything that would transform you. You will only shift if you inject yourself with those (except some rare special cases).

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
^^ Or you can just select the "Researcher" play style and get infection vials for everything that would transform you. You will only shift if you inject yourself with those (except some rare special cases).

That's what I was more interested in playing, honestly. Mainly because I found myself losing a lot of fights.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I do play as a researcher (hence why I used "transfomatives" and not "infection"). It's obvious that you'll turn into a horse if you use a horse transformatives, but I can't really figure out any other changes, or even if they happen in a specific order. And I can't have I have time to try out everything... Even if I'm not into furry stuff, I can't say I have a way to tell if x transformative would have a feature I'd be interested in.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I do play as a researcher (hence why I used "transfomatives" and not "infection"). It's obvious that you'll turn into a horse if you use a horse transformatives, but I can't really figure out any other changes, or even if they happen in a specific order. And I can't have I have time to try out everything... Even if I'm not into furry stuff, I can't say I have a way to tell if x transformative would have a feature I'd be interested in.

Em... Basically, there are no non-infection transformatives in this game. Except, maybe, gill fruit. But it is quite self-descriptive. And other usables are named conviniently too, as much as I can remember.

Wahn

Jan 19, 2016
Em... Basically, there are no non-infection transformatives in this game. Except, maybe, gill fruit. But it is quite self-descriptive. And other usables are named conviniently too, as much as I can remember.

That's not quite 100% correct. We do have some cock pills somewhere... and I'm not so sure about the pastries from the bakery. But yeah, generally the loot you get from a creature will move you one step in the direction of the creature's infection. Also, each critter has a go-to number of cocks, breasts, pussies, etc. - and independently from the body/head/skin/etc. shape, your genitals change too. So you might for example have a horseman shape, but if you keep taking horseman nanites you will still transform, moving closer and closer to the go-to cock length.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
 Also, each critter has a go-to number of cocks, breasts, pussies, etc. - and independently from the body/head/skin/etc. shape, your genitals change too.

This is what I'd like to know about-what has what.

Also, I meant that I used the word "transformatives" because I don't get the infection straight de to the game style I chose, but rather via nanites/vials/etc. My brains are a bit fried at the moment, so I apologise for my failed attempts at not butchering English.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
This is what I'd like to know about-what has what.

Also, I meant that I used the word "transformatives" because I don't get the infection straight de to the game style I chose, but rather via nanites/vials/etc. My brains are a bit fried at the moment, so I apologise for my failed attempts at not butchering English.

Welcome to the English butchers club :)

levant

Aug 31, 2015
Content:

As with any large project written by numerous people over a number of years, there is a certain span of variance of complexity in the different parts of FS. While there are a few creatures that don't actually have sex scenes (maybe 10-20 of 200+ critters), the overwhelming majority do have lots of fun to discover. From those you named, the chinchilla is one of the ancient ones that no one was interested enough in yet to fix up, whereas the wyverns do have an extensive set of sex scenes - your character just isn't powerful enough to do anything but flee from the massive beasts yet. Try again once you're 10 levels higher and you can properly vanquish a wyvern and sex it up. Same thing with the snake - lots of stuff there, once you've gotten the "touched by madness" feat that makes your character contemplate fucking a snake.

Furthermore, the scenes of wandering monsters are _purposefully_ kept to a manageable length, since not everyone likes every creature and having people click through a monumentally long scene they don't want to see wouldn't be so nice. And even if the person does like the scene, stumbling into extra extra long sex randomly still isn't something they might want to do all the time. In the end, these sex scenes are the "quickie" scenes of instant gratification on the teeming streets of the city. If you do want to play through one of the (many) elaborate and lengthy scenes that are in FS, pick up a few NPCs - rescue them or drag slaves to the library and you can fuck em to your heart's content, in long-ish scenes with options, threesomes and whatnot.

As a small example, check out this sex menu of David, one of my NPCs:

1 - Suck David's cock
2 - Have him suck your cock
3 - Let David fuck your pussy
4 - Let David fuck your ass
5 - Take David's ass
6 - Brutus & David Scene (David gives oral)
7 - Brutus & David Scene (BJ by Brutus)
8 - Brutus & David Scene (Brutus gets fucked)
9 - Brutus & David Scene (David gets fucked)
10 - Threesome with Brutus & David (DP Brutus)

Huh, alright. I guess I'm just used to CoC more or less handing me everything; though with how much of the rest of the game is slowly revealed I should've seen it coming.