Fallout New London

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Fallout New London a total conversion mod released, and I thought I share a link and some tips. There are quite a few hoops to jump through so bear with me.

Requirements: To play Fallout New London you need a copy of Fallout 4 with all DLCs. I would clean install just to be sure. Additionally, a nexus account while not required, makes the entire process much easier.

Fallout New London Mod Link

If you have GOG galaxy then just download from galaxy and skip to the mods list. If you have steam, then it's a little bit more complicated.

First you need to go to your steam library and right click fallout 4, go to properties, and disable cloud saves. Then go to updates and select "only update when I launch it. Then go to the Fallout 4 downgrader offered by TeamFolon (Fallout New London Developers) and downgrade your Fallout 4 version.

Fallout 4 Downgrader

Then go to your steamapps folder. The folder is most likely located C:\Steam\steamapps and go to the file appmanifest_377160, right click on properties and change it to read only. This step will prevent steam from trying to update Fallout 4.

Then go to the mod link, download all ten files, and run the setup. During setup make sure to navigate to your fallout 4 folder with is most likely located in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4.

If you did all the step correctly then you should be able to launch and play Fallout New London.

Due to Bethesda Code, Fallout New London is not exactly the most stable of games. I highly recommend downloading the following mods to make the game more stable.

First things first. Download and Install Mod Organizer 2. It has a built-in tutorial and I highly recommend going through it.

Then go to Fallout 4 Script Extender and from the old files download the one that was last updated for 13 Oct 2022. It should be the one with the runtime 1.10.163. Remember you just downgraded Fallout 4 to that version. Then once again go to your fallout 4 folder that is probably located in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 and place all extracted files to that location.

Then download xSE PluginPreloader F4 and place those files in the same location.

Then mod manger download (This required linking mod organizer 2 to your nexus account. The built in tutorial for mod organizer 2 tell you how to do this.) Address Library, Buffout 4, and Long Loading Times Fix. Install these through your mod organizer with address library being first. Lastly make the mod organizer launches through F4SE and not Fallout 4.

FalloutNLPIC.PNG

Okay so where done right. Well, no. You see Bethesda for some reason decide to run Fallout 4 with the FOV of 75. If you are prone to getting headaches playing videogames this may be a reason why. Here's a YouTube link that will tell you how to change FOV for Fallout 4.

Fallout 4 - How to change FOV permanently

Now after all that, Fallout New London is ready for you to enjoy.

Reactions: Animefan666

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Don't forget that you need downgrader if you do a fresh install. I think if you get the whole process done through GoG this is included, but if you do it manually you have to downgrade from the next gen.

I really want to try Fallout New London out but I don't want to mess with all the loose files I have for specific modded changes in the base game.

Reactions: PalletTown