Experimental CoC port

Thunterbolt

May 12, 2022
I wish the download link was on mega, whatever that one is just will not let me even make a profile so I can even pay to download

Gregor

May 12, 2020
so... has anyone here who has played this version saved the file and could maybe post it on MEGA.nz or something?

Reactions: Abdu

adev

Apr 27, 2017
I have refreshed the download link and since attachments seem to work now I have attached the file for good measure ... so hopefully the file stays available even if I disappear again.

Gregor

May 12, 2020
Thanks I appreciate it! I'm no stranger to disappear for a few months on this site either, so I understand.

goivinho

Sep 17, 2022
I'm having difficulties with the image packages.

I started playing Corruption of Champions today (first time). Whenever I arrive at the starter camp, an illustration of a monster girl randomly pops up next to the text. Was this supposed to happen? Is it like that, or is there something wrong?
crazy.png

*Here's a screenshot of how the files are organized in the directory.
Those 5 photos from the ''Official Image Pack'' were unzipped inside CoC_102/img, although I don't show them here.
crazy2.png

*Finally, I tried running these coc_img_pack_1, 2 and 3 JS files. Apparently nothing has changed.
The error notification that appeared in the first one was this:
crazy3.png

''Unexpected identifier, string or number''
''Code: 800A0404''
''Origin: Microsoft JScript Compilation Error''

Later in the game, my male character faced and was purposely defeated by a Goblin Girl. During the combat screen, the Goblin illustration, present in the image packs, even appeared, but in the defeat scene, nothing, just the text.

Further on, this time with a female character, I found a Cathedral and a Gargoyle Girl, who became my servant, in it. No illustration of this NPC appeared, not even in the sex scene I started.

Can someone help me?

dark tenor

Sep 16, 2022
thanks for rehosting the file.

A lot of people have been looking for this one given the screen reader access, so nice it's back up again.

Btw any plans to extend the mod to include content from some of the more popular original CoC mods like Xanica or what'ever it's called? These were never accessible before, so it'd be nice to see them, though if not, fair enough.

Reactions: meero

dark tenor

Sep 16, 2022
The port contains all of the content from the original Vanilla CoC right up to and including the game's ending, (I've finished it myself).

the merchant Giacomo couldn't be used in the game, but all of his products can either be bought somewhere else or found.

It would be nice if the game could be either expanded with new stuff, or have some of the improvements from some other CoC mods added, EG the one that included weapon crafting, or the one which had a game plus mode and more stuff to build at the campsight, but even if not, there's certainly a lot here to play.

Generic Grunt

Nov 22, 2021
looks like the file isn't available for download unless you pay. does anyone know of another site I can get it from?

Luel

Mar 21, 2021
The attachment in the first post works.
Why not to download it instead from some website where the file was unavailable before?

Generic Grunt

Nov 22, 2021
The attachment in the first post works.
Why not to download it instead from some website where the file was unavailable before?
thanks for pointing out there was a file attachment... clearly I need to work on my reading comprehension skills.

Luel

Mar 21, 2021
You are welcome.
Also sorry if my post sounded rude, that was not my intention.
You are not the first person who had trouble with the download website, people were unable to download the game previously.
This is the reason why the developer placed the attachment here.

iphonepod

Jul 21, 2023
Re: running in browser - yeah that probably needs a HTML port. While isolated flash instances are probably just as (un)safe as any other code you run on your computer keeping flash active in a browser doesn't sound like a good idea.

notepad++ is generally a good choice.
Roughly speaking IDEs are pieces of software that combine code editing, compiling, debugging and more.
Eg flash - You usually do not edit swf files (the 'executable' form) directly. If you want to change the flash version of CoC you edit the as3 source code, then translate the human readable as3 code into a machine readable form using a compiler. The compiled code is then combined with images etc to form the swf file. To do that you can use an IDE like flashdevelop which allows you to edit the as3 source code and then compile and test the game with just a few key presses.

The ported code is in the HTML file, but do not try to edit that directly. It is stored in a minified and compressed form to keep the file size down. And while that technically is a text file most of it is one VERY LONG line of all the different characters and symbols imaginable. Text editors have difficulties rendering that and while they shouldn't crash they usually get VERY slow.

I do not distribute the ported code in readable form yet because how I port the code has evolved over time. Some files are simply outdated and bad examples on how to do things. If you are interested in a specific scene I can give you the editable file if you want. The source files mostly map 1:1 to the as3 version.

The highlighted files in the attached image map the scene IDs to image files, you can ignore that for now unless you want to change/add pictures.
If at all possible, please reconsider posting it in a readable form. I used to mod the as3 files but lost my files and I'd like to avoid getting back into working with flash. I'm a complete novice with most of this stuff but there are scenes and things I liked to change previously and if there's an easier way to get back to where I was I'd like to explore that.