Evelyn Spar

Ulfr

May 10, 2022
Wayfort Castle
So my Evelyn finally got to 800+ HP with 150+ AP and 140+ AR and now I can't beat her, I'm always so close on defeating her only to get my Companions get burned down by drag breath.

Have you find a good party set up and powers to dominate her on this kind of stats?
Does anyone know a consumables that gives fire resistant and also, what race Evelyn belongs now?

Also, does anyone know the limit of her stat (on this ver)?

Edit:

Seems like evelyn is getting more and more passive skill/buff every time we defeat her. Kinda scary- and I like it

Cleaving Strikes: Successful Normal Attacks deal 40% of their base damage to all other enemies.
Leftovers: This unit heals some HP at the start of each turn.
Starting Bonuses: Permanent bonuses based on starting race, class, and background. +1 Strength +1 Toughness +1 Presence
Twist The Knife: When you land a weapon hit on a creature suffering from a negative status effect, the attack gains +50 Attack Power.
Veteran: You ignore the Initiative penalty from Heavy equipment. When wearing Heavy armor or using a Shield, you are immune to Stagger and generate 25% more Threat. While neither wearing Heavy armor nor using a Shield, you instead gain +25 Attack Power.

This is her stats ATM
HP:
Attack Power:
Armor Penetration:
Spellpower:
Spell Penetration:
Sexiness:
Temptation:
Accuracy:
Critical Chance:
Armor:
Physical Resist:
Warding:
Magic Resist:
Focus:
Mental Resist:
Evasion:
Crushing Resist:
Penetrating Resist:

I was actually looking for powers with crushing damage but find only few of them: it seems she's weak against it.

Last edited:

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Keep in mind, I'm theorizing, in practice this has not been tested, at least by me.
Have you find a good party set up

Presumably this is Agnimitra + Arona.

The first one has fire resistance and two party-wide buffs: fire resistance and defense increase (attacks too, but I think that in this case it's secondary).

The second has an Ultimate that increases her resistances by 40 (but keep in mind: this is a stance that breaks when stunned and knocked down) and a +5 rest bonus to all resistances. Of course, you need to use the default build, since this is the only build in which she has a shield (crit immunity).
If that doesn't work, you can tank yourself while Arona uses her Spirit Totem build to deal damage.

and powers

You can try using something like the following power combination: Shielded Stance+Shield of Light+Jade Flame+Flames Within+Assassinate.
Speaking of Jade Flame..."Your own Fire Resistance increases by +25 for 2 turns".
Option: Choose some DPS build, take Charmer (Expert Inspiration) as a class, Unbreakable as Ultimate.

Does anyone know a consumables that gives fire resistant

Fox-Tail Charm (Fire +25)
Flame Cape (Fire +25)
Dragonscale (Fire +25)
Combined with Arona's rest bonus, this should give you 80 fire resistance.

Boons
Elemental Massage+10% Fire, Ice, and Storm Resistance
for the next 24 hours.
Elemental massage from Mai's Shiatsu Massage

This should give you 90%.

Am I forgetting something? Oh yeah, Tough Skin perk (+20% to all resistances) and Agnimitra's buff (Heat Mirage: All allies gain +15 Evasion and +20 Fire and Frost Resistances, lasting 3 turns.)...

Ulfr

May 10, 2022
Wayfort Castle
Keep in mind, I'm theorizing, in practice this has not been tested, at least by me.

Presumably this is Agnimitra + Arona.

The first one has fire resistance and two party-wide buffs: fire resistance and defense increase (attacks too, but I think that in this case it's secondary).

The second has an Ultimate that increases her resistances by 40 (but keep in mind: this is a stance that breaks when stunned and knocked down) and a +5 rest bonus to all resistances. Of course, you need to use the default build, since this is the only build in which she has a shield (crit immunity).
If that doesn't work, you can tank yourself while Arona uses her Spirit Totem build to deal damage.

You can try using something like the following power combination: Shielded Stance+Shield of Light+Jade Flame+Flames Within+Assassinate.
Speaking of Jade Flame..."Your own Fire Resistance increases by +25 for 2 turns".
Option: Choose some DPS build, take Charmer (Expert Inspiration) as a class, Unbreakable as Ultimate.

Fox-Tail Charm (Fire +25)
Flame Cape (Fire +25)
Dragonscale (Fire +25)
Combined with Arona's rest bonus, this should give you 80 fire resistance.

Boons
Elemental Massage+10% Fire, Ice, and Storm Resistance
for the next 24 hours.
Elemental massage from Mai's Shiatsu Massage

This should give you 90%.

Am I forgetting something? Oh yeah, Tough Skin perk (+20% to all resistances) and Agnimitra's buff (Heat Mirage: All allies gain +15 Evasion and +20 Fire and Frost Resistances, lasting 3 turns.)...
Without any sustain healer, you'll die :( also those are items equipable not consumable

Evelyn also heals every turn without means of making her bleed will make it a long battle which is highly dangerous

Also focusing on her 1 and only fire dmg power is risky because she have also 4 more power that is AP base dmg.

I think I only need a consumables for the fire resist just to be able to withstand it and not focus on it, but thanks for reminding me about Mai's massage.

Last edited:

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Wait, where did you hide this topic, why didn't I get a notification about your answer?!
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 08-20-10 CoC2 Questions & Answers.jpg

Without any sustain healer, you'll die :(

Agnimitra is not a dedicated healer, but she does have a couple of healing powers: Cauterize and Flametongue. Add to that the fact that her buff increases defense and you get pretty good defense.
There are, however, a couple of things that I overlooked, since until recently I had not seen the final form of Evelyn (and also forgetting about her power set): frequent crits and Sundered effect...
From the first you will be helped by a shield, from the second Seaweave Shaman's Cape.

also those are items equipable not consumable

Unlike CoC 1 and TiTS, you can change your equipment without losing a turn.

Evelyn also heals every turn without means of making her bleed will make it a long battle

As I said in another topic, for me much more annoying is her Evasion.
After all, it's not very pleasant when the companions (with their probability of hitting her about 50%) play "heads or tails" and roll tails five times in a row...
I mean an average companion, not Arona with her poor accuracy in all sets except Spirit Totem.
By the way, about Arona.
The practice of using her as a tank has shown that she (if you forget about her Ultimate, which you can use only once a day) is not a very good option as a tank, Brint / Brienne in the Arena Armor set is much better ...
Also, practice has shown that in the presence of the Sundered effect, the damage is somewhat high, therefore it is better to take hits on yourself than to allow companions to do it.

Also focusing on her 1 and only fire dmg power is risky because she have also 4 more power that is AP base dmg.

Dragonscale is heavy armor with top defense. Add to this the buff from Agnimitra and the shield and you will get a sufficient level of protection.
Dragonlayer.jpg

In addition, I just tried to offer you all the possible options so that you yourself choose the ones that suit you ..

but thanks for reminding me about Mai's massage.

You are welcome. In figuring out the Dragonlayer build, by the way, I found this to be redundant (I found the Cunning bonus to be the most successful boon for my build).
I also found one thing I forgot about: Agnimitra also gives +25 fire resistance as a rest bonus.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
I keep missing these items, I usually drop them if they don't have a star :p

Wear on a regular basis, say Conqueror's Breastplate, cover it with Cloak of the Deeps, wear Fox-Tail Charm around the neck, take Shield of Absorption in the left hand.
Big fashionistas are all these players....

Me? Well, except for special occasions, I prefer to dress boring but practical. In my view, this means giving priority to physical protection.
And, of course, I wear the Seaweave Shaman's Cape all the time as an item to help keep my defense at a high level, so for sparring with Evelyn, I ended up changing only the body armor and the amulet.

In theory, I could also change a tower shield to the Shield of Absorption, but personally I find these +15 defenses to be a kind of llama.
After all, why wear a shield shield that gives a total of 20 defense only after a strong hit, when I can just choose a tower shield and get that +20 defense on a regular basis instead of an episodic one?! I need good protection during a strong blow, not after it!
Not to mention, that +15 defense is a flat gain that won't be increased with Shield Stance...
Note: However, in general, I prefer to use a hoplon shield rather than a tower shield. But in sparring with Evelyn, the advantages of this shield are not significant, which is why I used a tower shield.

P.S. If you think about it, sparring with Evelyn serves as a great preparation for the fight with Kassyra. After all, their builds are similar in many ways.
Although Kassyra with her 60 damage weapon (30 penetrating + 30 blight) is much more dangerous, and her damn Nuliffy will make you forget about all the buffs up to and including Unbreakable...