Emmy's Flower

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
So Emmy asked me to get her an exotic flower. I got enough of a hint from that I should pay a visit to the venus pitchers of Mehn'ga, but do I really need to submit to one in order to get the quest item from them?

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
That's a bit aggressive, isn't it? It's fully possible to put the moves on her before she gives any hint that she isn't one hundred percent down to clown. And furthermore, as far as I can tell the only way to progress down her sex quest without putting the moves on her is during a very specific exchange that requires you to put a specific kind of moves on her. And if you answer in a way that's totally non-"I want to bone you", you're locked out of anything but getting the flower entirely aren't you?

It doesn't particularly bother me, but I can understand someone else being a bit frustrated. But really, there's no reason to respond to this question like the person asking is a date rapist. Almost every other NPC in the game has an immediate "let's fuck option" which automatically works. If you select that with Emmy, she sends you to be unavoidably raped by a plant. Unless you're into Venus Pitchers, in which case this is probably a win-win.

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
What? I'm not trying to escalate anything; I was just trying to say that what you were saying had some merit and shouldn't just be brushed aside. You realize I was defending you, right?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I agree that the non-flower method is unintuitive, mostly in the way it requires you to do things like select the same option twice in a row, but there's nothing wrong with the concept.

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
I agree that the non-flower method is unintuitive, mostly in the way it requires you to do things like select the same option twice in a row, but there's nothing wrong with the concept.

I totally agree. I just wish it was a little easier to find, or the flower fallback was a little less easy to lock yourself into.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Hey. Someone else had issue with this too. And Woider's being a dick like guys were in my thread.  Seriously.  Emmy sends mixed signals.  Nothing wrong with coming on to the sexy herm sex bomb who seems to be flirting with you and ticking off every sexy gun nut innuendo ever. Nothing wrong with backing off when snaps out of it and apologizes.   Non-flower route is unintuitive true.   Wouldn't be an issue if you could punch the flower girl for a flower though. Or bribe the the flower like notice the flower  hit new texas and get a bag of cum for her.    Or deliver a rapey Zil. 

I mean considering issues with her own libido and fears of getting turnout like a slut I'd think she'd turn white if you told about how you got it. 

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
You can't expect everyone to just 'put out' for Steele on a whim, sure Emmy is interested but she seems to be holding herself to a higher standard than just jumping your bones when you agree, If you can't deal with it don't stick yer dick in it(Or let it stick its dick in you)

As for the Venus pitcher, well tough shit. Can't be nice about it, either have sex with the plant woman and gain a lovely jackal or take the alternate route, can't fuck em' all if you won't take on for the team.

Besides what fun would it be if everything went Steele's way?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
 Wouldn't be an issue if you could punch the flower girl for a flower though. Or bribe the the flower like notice the flower  hit new texas and get a bag of cum for her.    Or deliver a rapey Zil. 

Now I imagine my Steele bringing Emmy the whove venus pitcher pod...   :D

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah. Specifically it's the fact that you have to submit your character to mind control that sticks in the craw a bit.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah. Specifically it's the fact that you have to submit your character to mind control that sticks in the craw a bit.

Wrong. Young pitchers don't mind control, mind control of Elders wanes over time. Just run around E-SE portion of the northern bit (where naleen hang out) and submit to the Young if you're so against mind control.

Also, I don't get where people are getting the whole mixed signals thing. Literally right here if you chose You instead of Dick or Tits: "H-hang on a second. I... we can’t. Not yet anyway. I’ve got some things going on, and I promised myself I wouldn’t cave into them - wouldn’t let myself turn into some kind of slut."

Or here if you chose others: “I’m not a slut, <NAME>.” Emmy straightens. “I’m not going to fuck someone just because I happen to be horny and hot enough to turn on my clients, no matter how fuckably cute they are.”

She's got issues with herself, like anyone would. She wants a commitment, not constant one offs. You wanna go the direct route, contrary to suave charming, I see no harm in having to get the flower. If the issue is getting the flower itself then sucks to be you, no Emmy. I will admit, though, that the scene maybe could have been handled better but it isn't that bad so deal with it.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
You mean like so I went got you a flower, just had to get hypno tised, drugged , raped, and knocked up on a backwater planet. Here's the kid and the flower.

No I meant that he'd dig up the whole plant out of the ground, carry it to his ship, go to Myrellion and domp the whole venus pitcher infront of emmy.  Bitch better appreciate it!

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I actually intended to have the flowers available if you managed to avoid a venus pitcher encounter (by calling them out on their shit or w/e), but never got around to it.

Either way, Emmy isn't forcing you to get raped for her. She's just asking you for something kind of rare. It just happens that the game is a bit rapey in how you get the only one available right now.

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
It's not that there are mixed signals; Emmy comes right out and gives you the straight story. It's just that the game doesn't have her set you straight until after you're locked into the Flower Quest. Once you select Tits or Cock or the like, you're locked out of the Flower-less progression.

And right, I didn't mean to imply that Emmy's intent was for you to get mind controlled and raped. It's just a shame that that's the only way to go through with it right now.

Ravioli

Aug 26, 2015
It also doesn't HAVE to be rape, you can just submit to them willingly… 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
NT has a lot of cool flowers according to some of the room descriptions. Some of them aren't even carnivorous (much). How about allowing Steele Jr. to plonk one of them from the fields?

Ravelordnito

Sep 17, 2015
The waifu isn't worth it. I'm not going to bang someone who sends mixed signals and then sends me off to go find some rare flower that I need to get (mind control)raped to obtain.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
She might have been more interesting if they went down that devious characterization route, like with Lane and his/her mind control stuff. And then when you brought the flower back it could have led to more.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The waifu isn't worth it. I'm not going to bang someone who sends mixed signals and then sends me off to go find some rare flower that I need to get (mind control)raped to obtain.

She might have been more interesting if they went down that devious characterization route, like with Lane and his/her mind control stuff. And then when you brought the flower back it could have led to more.

Again, no need for the fucking mind control (no pun intended). And dear lord get your heads out of your entitled asses. God forbid you have to comply with someones wishes to get in their pants. You know, like half or more of the characters.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
Again, no need for the fucking mind control (no pun intended). And dear lord get your heads out of your entitled asses. God forbid you have to comply with someones wishes to get in their pants. You know, like half or more of the characters.

5712454+_1d69c7385f27fa8c8c41144a8348a51a.gif

Ravelordnito

Sep 17, 2015

except she is clearly flirting with you and by the time you learn how she feels you are locked into the flower path.

I actually did the non flower path, still its very unintuative for new player that they can get locked into a path with major consequences without  knowing about it. Inconsistancy is a total boner killer.

Emmy is worst girl. Waifu war now.

Last edited by a moderator: