Dumbest things you believed when you were a kid

Discussion in 'General Bullshit' started by AlrightKnight, May 29, 2019.

1. Aelana

Aelana Well-Known Member

I may have accidentally bullied my art teacher in junior high.

She had a name which was phonetically very similar to bonzai. For almost a year, whenever I asked something I thought I was calling her by her name, Miss Bonzai. Turns out I wasn't. She was going through some issues and couldn't really deal with teenagers at that time. I still am not sure whether she understood me calling her her true name, or bonzai.

2. Malidica

Malidica Well-Known Member

I don't know how, i recall it simply being a fact, not a big deal, it's just how it worked, never questioned it, but when i was about 7 or 8, i took a bunch of my parents $2 coins (Australia) and planted them so i could grow some money trees, i was curious to see what they looked like.

3. sumgai

sumgai Well-Known Member

I remember a movie about that same premise... ah yes, It Grows on Trees. As I recall, the tree money would eventually wilt though...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Malidica

Malidica Well-Known Member

Oh there was certainly no movie for me, being that i had heard people say money doesn't grow on trees and being a very naive autistic child, certain primitive deductions lead to very certain conclusions, one of which being that if money does not grow on trees, then obviously one would simply need to grow a money tree, thus it would then be such that money would certainly grow from a tree, and a $2 coin was the highest value of coinage in my country, it should thusly produce the best money trees. This was all very obvious, didn't even occur to me that such a deduction could be wrong, it was self evident. Naturally.