DUAL FAMILY [Act I - Part IX] UPDATE 03/30/18

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Depth or breadth? We tend to confuse them, as well as forget that increasing one complicates the other. Do you want lotsa choices, or well fleshed out responses to them? He's just a guy, not infinite monkeys/typewriters.

Most devs (especially new ones) try to appease everyone, or at least not disappoint anyone. Plenty a project has gone under because developers want people to like their game, and in throwing around the limited quantities of attention they have they turn the game into a shallow mess with no sense of direction, inevitably leading to a frustrated dev and an abandoned tag.

I'm not a dev, so I prefer anything with potential stick to what it did initially, rather than listen to my stupid ass subjective commentary and go off track. If that means I hate this game when it is done, fine, somewhere else is a dev that didn't take shit either and made a game right up my alley. I start yelling at both along with everyone else, we'll just end up with both devs disappearing and a void where games could've been.

If we are talking in general, I would meant both. I am not saying about this game in particular.
About this in particular? dunno, I prefear to the author show me his/her game.
On this matter I guess I was wondering about having some context instead the usual incest orgy nonsense bullshit with plain characters.

jonsur

Mar 8, 2017
1488638823652.png

1488635659257.png

1488634720878.png

1488635060974.png

Saw these on /aco/. It looks interesting and I can't wait to see more.

jonsur

Mar 8, 2017
Will pregnancy be an option in the final product?
I doubt it but who knows, so far there isn't much to this VN so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not that would be included. I'm sure if you donated money to his patreon then he might consider it.

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
Is this your first project? Because the 3d ain't that bad...
First of many, my friend.
Will pregnancy be an option in the final product?
I doubt it but who knows, so far there isn't much to this VN so it's anyone's guess as to whether or not that would be included. I'm sure if you donated money to his patreon then he might consider it.
Impregnation is an optional choice during sex with some of the characters, resulting a change in the story arc and ending with that character. Depending on which character you sow, the impregnation could lead to either positive or negative repercussions -- not every character will react the same to being with child. Again, this is an optional procedure that can be avoided completely if the player finds it unappealing.

Reactions: Chris_ and jonsur

jonsur

Mar 8, 2017
That should be interesting to see. When do you plan on putting out an update? I have thought about supporting this but I can't bring myself to until I see more progress. It sounds like you've got a good game in progress.

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
That should be interesting to see. When do you plan on putting out an update? I have thought about supporting this but I can't bring myself to until I see more progress. It sounds like you've got a good game in progress.
The next installment will be released the first week of April. Lots of fun stuff coming soon, without a doubt.

Reactions: jonsur

zxz2

Mar 15, 2017
Hi Gumdrop Games,
I just wanted to drop another idea for the future, as I think this could play in with your story very well. With the parents separating, the women could be looking for their own comfort or ways to deal with it.

How about a bar they can all go to where there are Glory holes? With the cousin being a party slut, she would urge the son/father to go to there. With everyone thinking it's all anonymous strangers, it leads to a lot of fun. This could tie in with my earlier impregnation ideas too.

Thank you.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I wonder if he's okay. He was supposed to release this a couple of days ago but there's been no news of an actual release.

Try looking on his Patreon - it was released along with a walkthrough there. He hasn't gotten around to updating every forum yet...

jonsur

Mar 8, 2017
1491787160354.png

Yeah, I didn't see that till later. I found it on 4chan and played it. It's okay but it's still pretty short. Plus the whole skeleton in space thing seemed like a waste of time.

Last edited:

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
Act I - Part II is finished and available now for patrons!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dual-family-act-8760455

If you don't mind waiting, the free release will accompany the new installment next month.

screenshot0001_zpsnb5p1ewz.png

screenshot0010_zpsdjalyydi.png

screenshot0009_zpsddg98ev9.png

screenshot0012_zpswsqsmzpu.png

screenshot0007_zpske2e49hw.png

screenshot0006_zpszdnwehcr.png

Depending on the choices you made in the last installment, you may see only a portion of these events or they may play out very, VERY differently. The updated walkthrough details exactly which choices will give you the desired outcome.

General/ Revisions:
  • Changed location of the “outside” date from the cafe to the arboretum
The Father:
  • Reconciling with your wife
  • Passionate kissing and embracing
  • Visitor at midnight sequence
  • Sun-kissed date at the arboretum
  • Searching the house for your son
  • Snuggling with daughter in front of the TV
  • Putting daughter to bed and kissing
The Son:
  • Meeting Karen in the flesh
  • Socializing with multiple girls at the party, including your sister
  • Exploring the apartment’s many areas
  • Preventing a suicide attempt (or choosing not to)
  • Securing illegal substances in exchange for a “service”
  • Blowjob sequence
  • Fight or flight dilemma
  • Moonlit mother sequence
  • Stranger in orbit sequence
  • Choosing Mom/Sis dilemma

Enjoy!

Gumdrop Games

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

killmikekill

Apr 10, 2017
It seems like the father's route is limited in terms of what you can do vs. what the son can do. It also seems like you're trying to do too much in terms of routes you can take for the two characters so less overall content is being published. The 3D is pretty good, but I'm not sure what's the point of having people talk to a skeleton in space for like 5 minutes. The last thing people want is having to click through a bunch of of text.

Edit: So you know, I was messing around in the game and,it crashes if I talk to the hoodie girl and then speak to her on the balcony immediately after.

Last edited:

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
It seems like the father's route is limited in terms of what you can do vs. what the son can do. It also seems like you're trying to do too much in terms of routes you can take for the two characters so less overall content is being published. The 3D is pretty good, but I'm not sure what's the point of having people talk to a skeleton in space for like 5 minutes. The last thing people want is having to click through a bunch of of text.

Edit: So you know, I was messing around in the game and,it crashes if I talk to the hoodie girl and then speak to her on the balcony immediately after.

I agree that the content may be underwhelming length-wise due to dividing it between two characters, then again with multiple paths. However, the method I am practicing is not going to follow this route for every installment. There will be one or two linear segments (thus containing the most content due to their focus) that have a branching point at their end. The next segment explores those branches (as did this segment), then converges back to the single linearity once again. Building multiple paths in tandem is unfocused and will lead to mistakes, without a doubt -- I'm attempting a balanced fusion of sorts.

I caught that bug and reuploaded on the 9th -- the updated MEGA link of 0.31 should have it fixed. Let me know if you have anymore trouble!

killmikekill

Apr 10, 2017
Thanks for responding. Obviously, it's your game so you're going to do what you feel is best to tell your story. I'm just saying that you don't want to overwhelm yourself trying to do too much. It's early in development so I can understand there's not too much content that should be expected at this point, I'm just saying people might get disappointed waiting a long time for an update if they believe it's not worth the wait, especially since there are so many Renpy styled VNs coming out right now. Thanks also for fixing that. The only thing I noticed is that I tried messing around in the game to see if I could change outcomes, I ignored that one guy's text who you meet at the party, I didn't ignore the cousin so I went to the party, and I didn't tell the sister. When I was about to leave the party he came up to me asking why I was talking shit to him, that doesn't make sense when I didn't even answer his text, I didn't say anything to him. I know the "fight or flight" scenario is part of the update for the son but it doesn't make sense for him to be angry about something that I never said to him.

Last edited:

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
Thanks for responding. Obviously, it's your game so you're going to do what you feel is best to tell your story. I'm just saying that you don't want to overwhelm yourself trying to do too much. It's early in development so I can understand there's not too much content that should be expected at this point, I'm just saying people might get disappointed waiting a long time for an update if they believe it's not worth the wait, especially since there are so many Renpy styled VNs coming out right now. Thanks also for fixing that. The only thing I noticed is that I tried messing around in the game to see if I could change outcomes, I ignored that one guy's text who you meet at the party, I didn't ignore the cousin so I went to the party, and I didn't tell the sister. When I was about to leave the party he came up to me asking why I was talking shit to him, that doesn't make sense when I didn't even answer his text, I didn't say anything to him. I know the "fight or flight" scenario is part of the update for the son but it doesn't make sense for him to be angry about something that I never said to him.
Of course. It's unquestionable that the Achilles' heel for many early-stage and half-baked H-games is trying to cater too much in too little time. I've seen many projects that -- in an attempt to attract as many people as possible -- promise a paragraph of fetishes and complexity that they will be expected to deliver at some point, often failing at such. I'm of the opinion that I haven't fallen into that trap, or at least not to the same extreme.

The multiple playable characters, interactive characters and occasional branching paths is a tall order, however I am rationing as moderately as I can. I will be realigning the focal point of what Dual Family's message is suppose to be, which is the majority M/S F/D pairings and content. Veering too far off into detail for the secondary relationships for far too long will lead into the previously described "trap".

Ah, yes. Just checked that out. A simple variable call mistake on my part, certainly not intentional. The intended text was a single line describing the obvious alternative, being that he didn't text him back. I appreciate the fine-tuning on your part -- it will be remedied during the next release.

MindJoker

Apr 19, 2017
I just wanted to say THANK YOU, for making a game in wich I dont feel like an asshole when talking to anyone. Not only that, but also the fact I was able to feel sympathy for the characters right from the start, specially with the daughter (btw her model is just perfect, she looks so innocent and pure). Again, keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll keep surprising us with new content, and a story about people, family, and the hardships of love.

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
I just wanted to say THANK YOU, for making a game in wich I dont feel like an asshole when talking to anyone. Not only that, but also the fact I was able to feel sympathy for the characters right from the start, specially with the daughter (btw her model is just perfect, she looks so innocent and pure). Again, keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll keep surprising us with new content, and a story about people, family, and the hardships of love.
Thank you very much for your words of kindness and encouragement -- it's quite uplifting, I must say. Self-insertion, or at the very least empathy, is very much the backbone of the game experience. Having a main character that isn't a sociopath -- one who manipulates and abuses for the sake of quick physical progression -- certainly plays a larger role in providing said experience. I'll hope to see you around for the next installment!

Reactions: MindJoker

krmit

May 4, 2017
how many sex scenes are in the son route so far? ive only been able to get the one with the girl at the party

JuzoTogo

Mar 28, 2017
I've only played Act 1 part 1. But I must say its showing lots of promise, game has a more natural feel to the story compared to many games which just work towards a payoff. Overall writting is good and fun to read. Nice presentation including interfaces. Keep up the good work will definitly come back for more in a few updates.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Gumdrop Games

Feb 17, 2017
Act I - Part III is finished and available now for patrons!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dual-family-act-11169115

The free release of the last installment is out for grabs as well. You can get it here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-release-act-11200424

Again, if you don't mind waiting for a few weeks, the free release will accompany the new installment next month.
f_work_2.6_zpshwsminex.png

f_work_4.5_zpsqn4qzs5e.png

f_work_4.8_zps7maxefqo.png

f_night_1.8_zpsmfp7lzjw.png

h_cloth_1.8_zps4jws8ucp.png

h_cloth_2.4_zpsc5cd3t1o.png

h_mall_0.9_zpsa7atpzeh.png

h_mov_1.2_zpsvpcxfwof.png

h_dinner_2.5_zps9k5jli4y.png

f_kitchen_9.2_zpso2dwwaco.png

f_kitchen_6.7_zpslqf7czmc.png

The Son
  • House explore segment (Mom’s panties / Sis’s phone)
  • Mom kitchen segment (Nude fantasy / hugging / groping)
  • Garage workout segment (Bench / Squat intimate spotting)
  • Night explore segment (F/D continuity)
  • Drunk Mom segment
  • In bed with Mom segment
The Father
  • Daughter dream segment
  • House search segment
  • Mall food court segment
  • Mall clothes shop/changing segment
  • Mall cinema segment + encounter with a familiar face
  • Family reunites, family dinner segment
  • In bed segment w/ wife or daughter

Enjoy!

Gumdrop Games

killmikekill

Apr 10, 2017
I like that you made those changes in the son's timeline. One thing that is kind of weird is how the Son looks in the father's path of the game. It might be a good idea to show a full frontal view of the daughter in her bra and panties, as well as when she's in the other dresses. Also it would be nice if the fantasy scene with the father and daughter had more visible scenes. There still isn't much content but it seems like it's going in a good direction.

Attachments

• son.png
    son.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 101
  • son2.png
    son2.png
    398.9 KB · Views: 111

itzaguy

May 26, 2017
Hello, i enjoy your game will there ever be an option to get both the women at the same time such as Father Daughter Mom or Son Daughter Mom?