Does anyone have a good Magic Missile build?

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Basically the title. I've been trying to brainstorm a build that uses this ability for some time but just can't come up with anything interesting. I should obviously use summons with this build but what else? Any recommendations for specific companions? Items?

Reactions: valk42

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Sure, go ahead. Magic Missile is a weird ability anyways you kinda just have to build around it.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Interesting, but I have two questions: why split your attributes that evenly and why max Charisma? Also could Shield of Light be substituted for Bark Skin?

Edit: Wait did I use substitute correctly or should it be the opposite way?

Reactions: valk42

Boshe

Apr 4, 2022
you don't really build any different from any other black mage for magic missile, but you probably want a tank to constantly cast it without being interrupted by having to use defensives or aoe

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
Its fine on a destruction B. Mage. Use two long cooldown rechargeable powers and spam magic missile while waiting for them to re-up. Max Cunning and Agility so you can fish for crits with the first two magic missle casts, since those are usually pretty low damage.

Artaijan

Jun 2, 2023
Tried this one and it seem ok (on Normal):

Stats to up: Agility, Will, Presence

Class: Charmer (Extended Buffs)
Equipment: Shield Orb
At-Will: Magic Missile
Recharge 1: Vanguard
Recharge 2: Blessing
Encounter: <summon you like>
Ultimate: <whatever>

Get yourself a summon to tank (something with good resists like IceMander or Wolf), cast Vanguard on them and shoot MM while sometimes throwing Blessing in the mix.