Did you play Anthem? If so what are your thoughts on Mass Effect: Andromeda?

moobere

May 19, 2017
I've recently decided to replay the entire Mass Effect Series and just started up Andromeda, I quickly came to the comparison that they are very similar to each other in terms of gun play and movement systems. I can't seem to wrap my head around that people that I've asked this to will say that Anthem is better than Andromeda and don't give good evidence as to why. What are your thoughts on it? I would love to know your opinions on both games thanks. :D

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I avoided Anthem because I knew it would suck, just like No Man's Sky. I have a friend who bought both and he's pretty upset that he "threw away money" because "it's literally empty".

Sadly, I did not have this foresight about Andromeda. I wanted to like it so bad, and the combat can be fun, but I couldn't keep playing. I feel sad for abandoning my build and an ME game, but I couldn't go on with it anymore.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Seems to be the consensus amongst my friends, Anthem feels like Bioware either ran over their budget before the game was done or were forced to rush it out by EA. Half finished, end game gear is crap, mid game gear is crap, the raids are crap and nothing lives up to the expectations that were built up over the last year or so.

I mean, I liked Bioware, but most of the writing staff from its peak have moved on and there's little going for them now.

Reactions: A Random Guy

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
The sad thing about this game is that you can easily tell BioWare didn’t want to make this. BioWare is a developer used to making single player games and EA should’ve capitalized on that, but instead were like “ hey, make a shitty AAA multiplayer shooter with a budget of $50, good luck fuckos.” It’s just frustrating to just watch EA run another incredible developer into the ground and then turn around and do it to another one and then another one

Reactions: null_blank

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Yeah, EA basically forced them to use equipment they weren't familiar with to make their last games, and then forced them to make a game in a genre they weren't familiar with, and will ultimately blame them for the failure EA itself pushed onto them and will terminate them. It's absolutely horrendous, EA needs to be stopped.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
...because as we all know, Bioware is known for making loot-n-shoot games...

:rolleyes:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
At this stage, my hopes for Dragon Age 4 are so low, limbo dancers are going "Hell no, not trying that."

moobere

May 19, 2017
At this stage, my hopes for Dragon Age 4 are so low, limbo dancers are going "Hell no, not trying that."
I feel like DA 4 will be more like Inquisition so if you liked that its probably gonna be like that.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I meant it actually getting made. Let's not forget that EA has a habit of shutting down studios that don't meet their random expectations.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Poor Visceral, right at the bottom of the pit.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I avoided Anthem because I knew it would suck, just like No Man's Sky. I have a friend who bought both and he's pretty upset that he "threw away money" because "it's literally empty".

Sadly, I did not have this foresight about Andromeda. I wanted to like it so bad, and the combat can be fun, but I couldn't keep playing. I feel sad for abandoning my build and an ME game, but I couldn't go on with it anymore.
I actually picked up Andromeda after it got several patches and went on sale for 33% off. Got my money's worth and had fun with it. I knew exactly what I was going to get, and I got it. Scratched the colonizer itch and I was done with the game once I got 100% viability on all the planets.

I totally understand why so many people were unhappy with it though. This was not a Mass Effect game. It was a B rating sci-fi third person shooter, with decent combat, crafting, and set pieces. You do legitimately feel like you're changing the planets you visit with the colonies you establish, which is what I was looking for. You can make the complaint it's formulaic, but that was fine for late night turn your brain off action. The story and characters are forgettable. Overall, a rather different sort of game than what a fan would expect from the franchise.

K

Kokayi005

I thought Anthem was OK. But crap with glitches.
Andromeda had the best battle system of any Bioware game. Flat out.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I thought Anthem was OK. But crap with glitches.
Andromeda had the best battle system of any Bioware game. Flat out.
I don't think there's any justification for Anthem at all, there is so, so much wrong with it and it's development, you should really look into it.

For Andromeda, the combat was good, but I just couldn't push through the rest of the game to enjoy it.

K

Kokayi005

One good thing about Anthem was the character banter in battle. Witty. If a little Gilmore Girls-ish. So it wasn't perfect either. But Yeah, Bioware is sci-fi or fantasy with relationships. Anthem is not really anything but a fake Destiny. And as a RPG guy who's not heavy into shooters, anthem is weak sauce.

Andromeda suffered from just being shoved out to die. No real cool factor. Even the villains were just super selfish sociopaths. Not anything new. But the battles and PB and that lady working on the ship by the pilot was fun. But gags in the car was crappy. Driving the car to get them to start was always a toss up. they wouldn't start and I know I missed a bunch. Kept hoping they'd fix the game and redo it, remastered/remix but nope. ME is dead now.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I miss the Mako. I know it wasn't popular, but I was fond of it.

The cute Irish(?) girl was nice until she started talking about religion. That shit really squicks me out.

K

Kokayi005

I liked her. Even though I'm not religious or into talking about it.