Dhaal Dungeon Thread

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
For discussion of new content, questions on getting stuck, and comparing version differences based on allignment.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'm fairly certain you can change the Corp you're aligned with via the Console command (F12)
flags['DHAAL_PARTY_CEOMET'] =
1: Brightwater
2: Utopian Skies
3: Paragon

Reactions: Endwar

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
So is this a rock paper scissors situation where depending on the CEO you meet, you will be infiltrating one specific Zaibatsu? or do the Party values matter?

Last edited:

TheShepard256

I heard on Discord that whichever CEO you meet in the party will be the same as the one you encounter in this dungeon. Which is a shame, 'cause I'd really like to take down Paragon. Then again, I also heard there might be a non-violent resolution, so....

(Non-backer here, in case it wasn't obvious, so I can't actually play the dungeon to find out.)

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
I did the party as Paragon, and I "confronted" Utopian Executive. It does seem to be RPS.
I reloaded to before the party and did Utopian route this time. The dungeon was pretty much the same, just with the Brightwater Zaibatsu instead.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I've got two so far..
Brightwater boss - very easy fight for my MC and feruze.
The clones Boss - failed every flipping time on picking fight her so I kept quiet in the end.
Haven't got the third one yet

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I've got two so far..
Brightwater boss - very easy fight for my MC and feruze.
The clones Boss - failed every flipping time on picking fight her so I kept quiet in the end.
Haven't got the third one yet
For reference, what's your build/loadout?

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
There's a computer that needs a password. Where are you supposed to get that password?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I was wondering that myself. I thought maybe the spy would show up in the room later but no such luck. Actually I'm curious, has anyone has encountered them again in the facility if you pick the Stay Back or Believe Her options? It sure seems like they should show up later but if so I haven't figured out what triggers it.

I've only run the dungeon once so far on the Utopian Skies path and fought the Bright Water CEO.

SpectralTime

Apr 22, 2016
Just got done playing through the dungeon multiple times. Thoughts:

It's mostly the same dungeon, which unfortunately kind of undermines the idea that Utopian Skies' CEO is a bit less of a jackass than the other two. I guess, in their cutthroat capitalist world, they'll have to be just as rotten to their own people to keep up or lose out...

That said, assuming all three dungeons are canon, I appreciate the glimpses each offers into the CEOs as characters. The Maven is, unfortunately since Utopian Skies is the path I'm keeping, probably the weakest of the three, but still makes for an effective villainess, and her boss-form from doping herself into a super-hydra was fun and had neat mechanics. (Also, I resent that on her path, I didn't get the chance to demand my kid back, unless I somehow missed something important.)

The Utopian Skies CEO was seemingly missing part of her intro, but while the fact that her company is still mistreating its workforce really hard undermines it, I appreciated that she was the most complex and nuanced in motives, in the "I sort of agree with your grievances but not your solution" sort of way. Her boss fight was alright, though since I'd sided with the guards that one time I'd already done something like it. Thank heavens I had a bunch of ero-grenades lying around after save-scumming my way to riches from Roo's blackjack table. Probably my favorite quest ending too, just because there's some nuance to it, even if the nature of the ending kind of negates the choice to rescue the CEO rather than torch everything.

The Fabricator Marshall was a kind of standard lust-proof boss fight, but I actually liked the glimpses it granted into her character, and how she might've come to believe the harsh ideals she clings to. I do wish my choice to not side with either her and Carver or the AI had been better-implemented though; maybe I'd appreciate it more if I'd seen all three possible outcomes there but as it stood it made the finale a bit bland. That said, it did at least make for a cool idea.

The dungeon as a whole was alright. I like the laser beam puzzles more than the light puzzles, as a rule, and this light puzzle was particularly harsh. Didn't even have a password for the computer inside the safe; still not sure where I was supposed to find that. That said, the laser puzzles were very fun. And I like the different possible outcomes regarding the crane and the thraggan mini-boss.

I also actually liked the Throbb scene with the femboy infiltrator; at least with my preferred personality it was surprisingly sweet and left me looking forward to seeing him again! (I originally did the one where they rub him off... turns out the reason I don't know what SPH is is because it's not something I'm into!)

The Hazmat Suits were pretty tough, but switching back to my trusty Vamp Blade made them manageable. Kind of wish I could take the Peers down a peg rather than just having them run off after beating their Dolls, but I guess it makes a kind of sense. Played as an engineer, or whatever the techie class is called; as always having a way to quickly refill on energy was nice.

Also, between my chosen route's ending and the email afterwards, I appreciate Jill softening a little and detoxing some. And her new bodyguard is pretty great!

Overall, much as I'd prefer my chosen route had a bit more at the end, or that the stuff others reveal about their characters get addressed in some kind of follow-up quest, I enjoyed it a lot!

Reactions: MissSilissa

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Just got done playing through the dungeon multiple times. Thoughts:

It's mostly the same dungeon, which unfortunately kind of undermines the idea that Utopian Skies' CEO is a bit less of a jackass than the other two. I guess, in their cutthroat capitalist world, they'll have to be just as rotten to their own people to keep up or lose out...

That said, assuming all three dungeons are canon, I appreciate the glimpses each offers into the CEOs as characters. The Maven is, unfortunately since Utopian Skies is the path I'm keeping, probably the weakest of the three, but still makes for an effective villainess, and her boss-form from doping herself into a super-hydra was fun and had neat mechanics. (Also, I resent that on her path, I didn't get the chance to demand my kid back, unless I somehow missed something important.)

The Utopian Skies CEO was seemingly missing part of her intro, but while the fact that her company is still mistreating its workforce really hard undermines it, I appreciated that she was the most complex and nuanced in motives, in the "I sort of agree with your grievances but not your solution" sort of way. Her boss fight was alright, though since I'd sided with the guards that one time I'd already done something like it. Thank heavens I had a bunch of ero-grenades lying around after save-scumming my way to riches from Roo's blackjack table. Probably my favorite quest ending too, just because there's some nuance to it, even if the nature of the ending kind of negates the choice to rescue the CEO rather than torch everything.

The Fabricator Marshall was a kind of standard lust-proof boss fight, but I actually liked the glimpses it granted into her character, and how she might've come to believe the harsh ideals she clings to. I do wish my choice to not side with either her and Carver or the AI had been better-implemented though; maybe I'd appreciate it more if I'd seen all three possible outcomes there but as it stood it made the finale a bit bland. That said, it did at least make for a cool idea.

The dungeon as a whole was alright. I like the laser beam puzzles more than the light puzzles, as a rule, and this light puzzle was particularly harsh. Didn't even have a password for the computer inside the safe; still not sure where I was supposed to find that. That said, the laser puzzles were very fun. And I like the different possible outcomes regarding the crane and the thraggan mini-boss.

I also actually liked the Throbb scene with the femboy infiltrator; at least with my preferred personality it was surprisingly sweet and left me looking forward to seeing him again! (I originally did the one where they rub him off... turns out the reason I don't know what SPH is is because it's not something I'm into!)

The Hazmat Suits were pretty tough, but switching back to my trusty Vamp Blade made them manageable. Kind of wish I could take the Peers down a peg rather than just having them run off after beating their Dolls, but I guess it makes a kind of sense. Played as an engineer, or whatever the techie class is called; as always having a way to quickly refill on energy was nice.

Also, between my chosen route's ending and the email afterwards, I appreciate Jill softening a little and detoxing some. And her new bodyguard is pretty great!

Overall, much as I'd prefer my chosen route had a bit more at the end, or that the stuff others reveal about their characters get addressed in some kind of follow-up quest, I enjoyed it a lot!
Wait Carver is part of the dungeon? Damn how did her miss her.. I personally would like more Carver content.

Gammerick

Nov 13, 2015
Wait Carver is part of the dungeon? Damn how did her miss her.. I personally would like more Carver content.
She's only part of the final boss fight if you sided with Brightwater.

Also I used the blow torch to open the safe, but it didn't seem to acknowledge that the safe had been looted and just looped back into opening the safe infinitely.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
She's only part of the final boss fight if you sided with Brightwater.

Also I used the blow torch to open the safe, but it didn't seem to acknowledge that the safe had been looted and just looped back into opening the safe infinitely.
Is that the awful clone one?

SpectralTime

Apr 22, 2016
Is that the awful clone one?

No.

If you side with Utopian Skies, you fight one boss with three minions that have separate hitpoints, plus five extra health bars she uses up whenever her health gets low or her lust high.

If you side with Bright Water, you fight... well, actually, you have a choice of whether to side with the Fabricator Marshal and Beth Carver or the AI that's taken over the facility, and I legitimately don't know what happens if you side with the AI. I told both to buzz off, and had to fight the Marshal twice, once on her own health bar, once with a second health bar as the AI took her over and threw out buffs while immune to actual attack.

If you side with Paragon, that's the horde of clones, not unlike the fight if you side with the guards outside and have to chew through protestors to get to the ringleader. Didn't give me that much trouble, but I had a fair few Ero-grenades.

Reactions: MissSilissa

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
No.

If you side with Utopian Skies, you fight one boss with three minions that have separate hitpoints, plus five extra health bars she uses up whenever her health gets low or her lust high.

If you side with Bright Water, you fight... well, actually, you have a choice of whether to side with the Fabricator Marshal and Beth Carver or the AI that's taken over the facility, and I legitimately don't know what happens if you side with the AI. I told both to buzz off, and had to fight the Marshal twice, once on her own health bar, once with a second health bar as the AI took her over and threw out buffs while immune to actual attack.

If you side with Paragon, that's the horde of clones, not unlike the fight if you side with the guards outside and have to chew through protestors to get to the ringleader. Didn't give me that much trouble, but I had a fair few Ero-grenades.
Oh I did the Brighwater boss, I'm going have to do another playthrough again. Thanks

Fusioncell

Dec 3, 2020
Where do you get this blow torch? I've mostly been keeping to the flash version of Trials so I don't know where to find it or the Entropy Gremlin.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
How do I get to this dungeon btw? I've done the party
1. 24 hours after the party, Feruze will ambush you when you take the Taxi.
2. If you're a Backer, Feruze will send you an e-mail 'several days later'.

It should become Public around the 18th.

SharkLicker

Feb 11, 2017
1. 24 hours after the party, Feruze will ambush you when you take the Taxi.
2. If you're a Backer, Feruze will send you an e-mail 'several days later'.

It should become Public around the 18th.
Ohh thats why, not a backer

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
In my playthrough, I ended up siding with Utopian Skies and confronted Maven as the end boss.

Nov 15, 2015
This has a more detailed explanation of the maths behind it, in case someone happens to be interested in it:

Reactions: Kass

Syth Dracous

Apr 14, 2022
Just got done with this siding with Paragon so got the army of galos, silly easy if you have the pollen veil special from plant mods.

Kass

May 21, 2022
Speaking of siding with a side, would be nice if there were holo-vids or something in game that allowed us to at least see what the other routes were like. I'm sure the devs worked hard writing routes for every boss and it's a shame that we only get to see one of them (assuming you don't have a save pre-Dhaal party).

Reactions: Bast

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't know how much of the dungeons you didn't do is 'canon'.
Both Paragon and Utopian Skies CEOs have been replaced.

Differences:
Boss & Item at the Probe
Safe starting configuration
Some flavor text (didn't read every tile, so I'm not sure what percent)

Otherwise, they're the same. You can exchange the dungeon reward for any of the others (once) in Gobtown.

I found that the Safe has 170K if you solve the puzzle, 85K if you use the Plasma Torch. Not that money means much of anything at this point.
The easiest way to solve a Lights Out puzzle is to use a technique called 'Chasing the Lights'. Starting on the 2nd row, click any space that has a light above it. When the only lights are on the bottom row, you turn on certain spaces in the top row and Chase the Lights again. There are tables that will show you which lights to turn on. The most common grids seem to be 5x5 and 9x9, but the Safe is 6x6. I did find a table for it, shown below, but the short version is
Bright Water: 4
Paragon: 1, 3, 5, 6
Utopian Skies: 2, 5

|--------------------+---------------------|
| Left on bottom row | Push on top row |
|--------------------+---------------------|
| 1 | 1, 3 |
| 2 | 4 |
| 3 | 1, 5 |
| 4 | 2, 6 |
| 5 | 3 |
| 6 | 4, 6 |