Designing Briget from Nursery [finished]

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Liiike the title says, i'm trying to figure out what our lovely nursery matron looks like.

I was planning on doing a comic strip with her when i realized i don't know how to visualize her ... so here we are.

I went ahead and started a first draft of her appearance. I don't wanna finish it however before i get some possible feedback ideas on how other players might have imagined Briget. I don't know who Fennoxo has gotten to do her bust, if any, but before we get one i wanna give it my own spin.

8H4mUlj.png

- Now, this isn't inked yet, hence it lacks detail. Like i said, i don't wanna finish anything yet.
- If you got feedback on this form, i would love to hear it.
- If you can explain your own view of her - if you have one - great. I might try to doodle it out too.

Finished piece.

WjmR0J1.png

- Fub.

Last edited:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I love the idea of a comic strip with robo mom :D

You´ve certainly gotten her juicy body done ;)
I myself imagined her face a bit different. The hair, eyes and hardlight glasses though looks pretty spot on.
But something about her face seems more like a principal and less like the hot teacher I imagined. It´s kind of hard to put into words.
It´s by no means bad though. It´s a very good drawing :)

Reactions: CloudStriker

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Most of the other robot images/busts are way more... roboty... I guess. Agree with shade that the glasses and eyes look pretty great, but there is something I do not like about the form of the face, like it is too blatant or something. Not saying that the drawing or design are bad, I just think it does not quite fit the TiTS style we are so used to or my personal taste. Not that it matters. Be your own artist and dig your own style.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I like it a lot! Seriously, you do great stuff.

If I had any criticism, it'd be what Pyrate said regarding her face. Personally, I think it might be the nose: it's a bit big and draws the attention away from the Fun Stuff going on there. I'd suggest avoiding that shoulder design in her outfit: that particular style gives her a more strict and imposing air. I like the far left draft much better -- makes her look much more inviting.

Minutia aside, though, you pretty much nailed her. :D

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
She's got a big ol' Greek nose; what's not to love? :p

...and now I have flashbacks to my hot, greek teacher in High School. Siiiiigh.

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Most of the other robot images/busts are way more... roboty... I guess. Agree with shade that the glasses and eyes look pretty great, but there is something I do not like about the form of the face, like it is too blatant or something. Not saying that the drawing or design are bad, I just think it does not quite fit the TiTS style we are so used to or my personal taste. Not that it matters. Be your own artist and dig your own style.

I would personally want to make it more robot-y. Like the left-side doodles show, she was supposed to have more artificial skin with seams and stuff. Should i try bringing those back?

Gonna try few other faces for her as well. Stay tuned!

I love imposing and regal women ... might be the reason why she first turned out like this.

- Fub.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I love imposing and regal women ... might be the reason why she first turned out like this.
Nothing wrong with that, and our beloved Robomom certainly does possess those traits. After all, she was supposed to keep the spawn of Victor Steele in line. But IMO she is kind and caring first.

I can make arguments for making a nurse/nanny android less artificial-looking than most other models, but I can also see reasons to maintain a universal style of robutt depiction.

In any case, thank you for your tireless work, Fub.

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Nothing wrong with that, and our beloved Robomom certainly does possess those traits. After all, she was supposed to keep the spawn of Victor Steele in line. But IMO she is kind and caring first.

I can make arguments for making a nurse/nanny android less artificial-looking than most other models, but I can also see reasons to maintain a universal style of robutt depiction.

In any case, thank you for your tireless work, Fub.

Happy to entertain you :))

I try making her a bit softer. you're right about the kind 'n caring being the main theme here. On that note, it took me way too long to figure out what "crisp suit - jacket" means. English isn't first of my languages.

Sigh
when will my galactic ice Queen arrive ...

- Fub.

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net

Love the idea of more androgynous peeps. Chub hubbies, ice queens and andro/fluid/srslyicanttellhalp - characters are at the top of What Fub Likes - list. Plus monster people. Because monster people.

anyway, here's a few more face tests i managed to make fro Briget. None of them really speak to me tbh, i need to keep trying.

2aCdE87.png

- glasses are not there for reasons
- added a version with seams to get dat' artificial look. Kinda on the edge about that. Robots today are able to have smooth fake-skin, so a futuristic nurse-droid would def have one too. On the other hand the robutt aesthetics ...
-
Sorry for blurry hands, but i don't usually work on hand detail until linework comes along. me sharing sketches is a dangerous thing.

- Fub

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I like the one farthest to the right in that lineup. Once colors are added in, I'm sure you can knock back the robutt seams until they are ghost light.

I dig your work and keep it up!

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Personally, I think the robuttness is sort of there for its own sake. TiTS robutts are absolutely capable of being true-to-life synthetics that are totally indiscernible from organic life unless you really go digging. But, for a fetish game, that's not as interesting as having metallic, seam-covered, glowey-eyed robutt babes! :p

Obviously it's up to you as an artist to create your particular vision, but I know I definitely like the "artificial aesthetic" as part of the appeal, and I doubt I'm the only one. :D

Gianna bucks that trend pretty hard, with a minor exception of her eyes, which IMO are a must, since more prominent and expressive eyes can't be a bad thing on any character. And I don't assume that you would call her less interesting visually.:p

But there is also the fact that JimT left us with a big chunk of lore that re-contextualizes those obviously artificial traits as something that a robutt must have specifically to mark them as non-organic, and super-costly companion droids for rich assholes might be the only allowed exception.

But premium class Nanny robutts have about as many reasons to be made extremely similar-looking to organics.

So, basically, whichever way Fub decides to go, the result will be equally lore-friendly. And the Robomom will look lovely regardless. Sorry for being completely unhelpful in making this choice.:confused:

Last edited:

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Personally, I think the robuttness is sort of there for its own sake. TiTS robutts are absolutely capable of being true-to-life synthetics that are totally indiscernible from organic life unless you really go digging. But, for a fetish game, that's not as interesting as having metallic, seam-covered, glowey-eyed robutt babes! :p

Obviously it's up to you as an artist to create your particular vision, but I know I definitely like the "artificial aesthetic" as part of the appeal, and I doubt I'm the only one. :D

True true. I notice i need to remind myself often "oh yeah, this is a filthy nobbing game" and not go full serious with the concepts or art i come up with. I do designwork and concept work as commissions whenever i got time, so thinking about every possible aspect and angle is kinda the thing i get paid for.

I prefer people's suggestions on these kinda things. Since Briget is a NPC all (well, all who tend to breed) PC's come across, i want her to look appealing to as many as possible.

Gianna bucks that trend pretty hard, with a minor exception of her eyes, which IMO are a must, since more prominent and expressive eyes can't be a bad thing on any character. And I don't assume that you would call her less interesting visually.:p

But there is also the fact that JimT left us with a big chunk of lore that re-contextualizes those obviously artificial traits as something that a robutt must have specifically to mark them as non-organic, and super-costly companion droids for rich assholes might be the only allowed exception.

But premium class Nanny robutts have about as many reasons to be made extremely similar-looking to organics.

So, basically, whichever way Fub decides to go, the result will be equally lore-friendly. And the Robomom will look lovely regardless. Sorry for being completely unhelpful in making this choice.:confused:

Thank you for your incredibly helpful intake on this.

- Fub.

Reactions: Lee@Duva

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Thank you for your incredibly helpful intake on this.
Sorry. There's some semi-useful input I forgot to make: personally, I really like both versions of the image on the right, and my least favourite would be the second one from the left. To me there is something incredibly judgy and borderline trolly in her facial expression.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
So she might forgo the robutt aesthetic in favor of looking as natural as possible. That's up to @Savin. I haven't gone super deep into Briget's docs and scenes, but is she described as being outwardly mechanical/robotic, or is it left to the reader's imagination?
When you meet her for the first time, this is the only part of the scene that focuses on Brigit's artificially-looking features:
No way those curves are anything but artificial - and when you’re finally able to drag your gaze back up to her eyes, solid yellow irises and all, you know you’re looking at a gynoid.
As a sidenote, there is this particular titbit that, while promising further complications, makes Victor look like a little bit less of a bastard:

“In the synth-flesh,” she answers, pushing up the hardlight spectacles on the bridge of her nose. “As for what I’m doing here... when Victor commissioned the nursery for you, he decided someone with experience raising Steeles would be the natural choice to oversee things. With a hundred and thirty years of raising your father’s offspring under my belt, there’s hardly anyone more qualified.”

But Savin being Savin, we have this on the next page:
“So,” Briget says, turning your attention towards the holoscreen dominating the nearby wall. “The nursery’s controller V.I. has been set to give you up to the minute status of the facility and any children you send here. Of course, it’s merely a monitoring agent: the actual act of caregiving and education falls to me and the staff I’ve assembled. As I did for your father, so too will I do for you. You have my solemn promise that your heirs will be the best-cared-for and educated children in the galaxy.”

Maybe without Dad around to force your kids to endure what you went through, she’ll actually be able to live up to that promise.
EDIT:
Sorry for bringing this up, MP. And sorry for sort-of derailing the thread, Fub.

Last edited:

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Sorry. There's some semi-useful input I forgot to make: personally, I really like both versions of the image on the right, and my least favourite would be the second one from the left. To me there is something incredibly judgy and borderline trolly in her facial expression.

When you meet her for the first time, this is the only part of the scene that focuses on Brigit's artificially-looking features:

As a sidenote, there is this particular titbit that, while promising further complications, makes Victor look like a little bit less of a bastard:

But Savin being Savin, we have this on the next page:

EDIT:
Sorry for bringing this up, MP. And sorry for sort-of derailing the thread, Fub.

8FLMDFC.png

- Problem, master Seele?

Alternatively her hardlight specs slide in with deal with it - text.

Yah, i had her wiki-page open while doodling to get the most amount of info at one. And i don't mind derailment, brings in interesting stuff to think of while i'm doing my thing.

- Fub.

Reactions: shadefalcon

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
As a sidenote Nik, the "Maybe without Dad around to force your kids to endure what you went through, she’ll actually be able to live up to that promise." is based on your character's Upbringing choice. There's a different line for each; the others are much more positive.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Oh, the horror. Pretty much every upbringing except bookworm and balanced could be a punishment in its own way inflicted on the Steel Jr.s

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
As a sidenote Nik, the "Maybe without Dad around to force your kids to endure what you went through, she’ll actually be able to live up to that promise." is based on your character's Upbringing choice. There's a different line for each; the others are much more positive.
Sorry. Looks like my assumption ended up making me look truly asinine.

But that quote still indicates to me that the Austere upbringing was a lot more severe than I previously imagined, to the point where I'm now tempted to just save-edit it out. One point of Willpower isn't worth what sounds like a pretty shitty childhood in PC's mind, especially in comparison to others. :colbert:

And with all of the variants, it means that the differences in upbringing began to accumulate at a much earlier age. If PC spent the first 10 years with Briget and had enough time to get exposed to those different experiences, Victor must have began shaping Junior up at around 5. :eek:

Last edited:

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Sorry. Looks like my assumption ended up making me look truly asinine.

But that quote still indicates to me that the Austere upbringing was a lot more severe from than I previously imagined, to the point where I'm now tempted to just save-edit it out. One point of Willpower isn't worth what sounds like a pretty shitty childhood in PC's mind, especially in comparison to others. :colbert:

And with all of the variants, it means that the differences in upbringing began to accumulate at a much earlier age. If PC spent the first 10 years with Briget and had enough time to get exposed to those different experiences, Victor must have began shaping Junior up at around 5. :eek:

Eh, my current Steele is from Austere upbringing, it's not that bad. Especially since this one line is so far the only one we get that includes PC's upbringing. Unless there will be more content that corporates Steele's upbringing, it's not a big deal. Just fill rest with head-canon.

Now i wonder what kinda upbringing Cousin Steele had. Rather pampered i guess.

- Fub.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
But that quote still indicates to me that the Austere upbringing was a lot more severe than I previously imagined, to the point where I'm now tempted to just save-edit it out.
This is mostly just Savin's desire to make everything as grimdark and terrible as possible. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I agree with Krynh here. I really like your design overall, but her expression looks a bit severe. Almost disapproving. That might be what you were going for, though. In that case, you captured that well! :p
I personally would have gone with 'stern' and 'all business' or even 'official photo face'. Witch will be a perfectly valid expression for a Robomom to have on occasion. Though I still would like to see her with an expression of unconditioned motherly love that is supposed to turn even the most assholish PC's into a puddle of happy, embarrassed and repentant jelly.

Last edited:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I hope y'all like the color red
Now I do.:smuggo:

Not sure if it's entirely suitable for children, but it certainly looks good on Briget.

I'm also can now fully appreciate Robomom's decollete. And dem areolas, hot giggidy. For some reason, I can really go for a drink now.:oops:

Last edited:

FubMistress

Nov 2, 2016
Finland
www.furaffinity.net
Now I do.:smuggo:

Not sure if it's entirely suitable for children, but it's certainly look good on Briget.

I'm also now can fully appreciate Robomom's decollete. Dem areolas, hot giggidy. For some reason, I can really go for a drink now.:oops:

Briget is prolly a bit closer to a headmistress than a full-time nanny, so she won't spent full days with the Steele spawn. She seems to have a lot of staff under her to do that. And as a person who has worked with children, kids don't care what you wear, as long as it's pretty colored.

Didn't really plan for the red in her chest to look like nippies, but huh, it turned out like that now that i look at it. Oh well, i'm sure she comes with "lunch" function.

No idea what decollete means.

- Fub.