Cyberpunk 2077

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Ah, the good ol' days when troubleshooting a game failing to load consisted of blowing the dust out of the cartridge.

Now I have to have a $2k laptop if I want to play a $50 game.

Progress?

Progressively higher prices for sure.

Something something wages stagnant, something something corporate overlords.

RL is post cyberpunk, like I posted earlier.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Remember when you could just put the cartridge er disc in and play the thing right away?
I remember those days too, and I also remember some cartridge games being unplayable because of bugs in the code when the game got shipped.

Reactions: Kesil

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I remember those days too, and I also remember some cartridge games being unplayable because of bugs in the code when the game got shipped.

All the precious memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Also, doesn't seem like you can cyber dong yourself two of them. Nuts.

Reactions: Paradox01

budha

Dec 6, 2015
According to Cohh Carnage @ CohhCarnage
When: December 9th, 6am ET (Times may change)!
This is the time that he has stated, that he is planning on starting his 1st playthrough.

Last edited:

budha

Dec 6, 2015
Cohh Carnage @CohhCarnage
The 100% @CyberpunkGame
2077 Run! When: December 9th, 6am ET (Times may change)!
This is the time he plans on running his 1st playthrough as stated on his twitter. am also sure other streamers are planning to play then also.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
lucky tell me if you can keep jackie alive when you do the corpo mission

Well it doesn't mean I can play the game now. won't activate for me until Wednesday. If your on a crappy connection, you might still have plenty of time to get it preloaded until it launches for you if you start now.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Well it doesn't mean I can play the game now. won't activate for me until Wednesday. If your on a crappy connection, you might still have plenty of time to get it preloaded until it launches for you if you start now.
aaaaaah ok am getting it for ps4 but am gonna wait a bit till i get the ps4 pro to play it in high graphics

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Almost time...

EDIT: ITS TIME!!!! GO! GO! GO! NOW!!!

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Probably too late, but want to warn people not to get this on PS4. Really terrible performance:
Outside of 3000 series GPUs, 2077 will probably not run well on Ultra settings. Getting about 90-100 FPS on a 3090 on my friend's computer.

It's not a bad game but lack of in in-game character customization post character creation screams of crunch time development. The game seriously needs patches for something that costs $60.

Firearms combat is bad. But it has probably the best first person melee I've seen in quite some time. No crash models for vehicles.

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Outside of 3000 series GPUs, 2077 will probably not run well on Ultra settings. Getting about 90-100 FPS on a 3090 on my friend's computer.

It's not a bad game but lack of in in-game character customization post character creation screams of crunch time development. The game seriously needs patches for something that costs $60.

Firearms combat is bad. But it has probably the best first person melee I've seen in quite some time. No crash models for vehicles.

You mean vehicles don't visually get banged up during 'creative driving'?

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Did anyone hear about how this game is giving people epileptic seizures? And they didn’t provide any warning for it?

Anyway, I’m not going to buy this shit-not enough space on my computer for it anyhow. I might get Disco Elysium instead though-I’ve heard good things about that game and it’s on sale right now. What do you think?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Did anyone hear about how this game is giving people epileptic seizures?
I'm sure it's giving more than just epileptics fits. This is what happens when developers allow fan pressure to rush a job. It's why The New Mutants was such a poor movie. Fuck 'em if they cry about a movie or video game being late*; put in the time and effort regardless of how long it takes to give people a quality product, not some slapdash dumpster fire you're going to spend twice as long fixing as it should have taken in the first place.

As a mechanic buddy of mine tells his customers, "You can have it done right, cheap or fast - pick two."

*Also, realistic initial release dates are where it all starts.

Last edited:

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
Did anyone hear about how this game is giving people epileptic seizures? And they didn’t provide any warning for it?

Anyway, I’m not going to buy this shit-not enough space on my computer for it anyhow. I might get Disco Elysium instead though-I’ve heard good things about that game and it’s on sale right now. What do you think?
from what I've heard Disco's a pretty decent game, could've used voice acting though.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
If any one is playing on an AMD cpu like i am ((in my case a Ryzen 7 1700x paired with a RX 580 gpu with the game installed on SSD)) then you could use this patch. Difference for me was night and day and I get consistent 60 fps or more where before I was only getting 30-55 fps. And this was on max settings with all the fancy stuff turned on except ray tracing since my GPU doesn't support that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/117?tab=description

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
from what I've heard Disco's a pretty decent game, could've used voice acting though.

About that...

It's getting a new free DLC that adds voice acting.

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
Yeah, I don’t see what the problem is anyhow-I’ve heard voice acting in it.
it's got partial voice acting, so you get whole coversations that are just text walls. I dunno, Wasteland 3 may have spoiled me a bit.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I'm sure it's giving more than just epileptics fits. This is what happens when developers allow fan pressure to rush a job. It's why The New Mutants was such a poor movie. Fuck 'em if they cry about a movie or video game being late*; put in the time and effort regardless of how long it takes to give people a quality product, not some slapdash dumpster fire you're going to spend twice as long fixing as it should have taken in the first place.

As a mechanic buddy of mine tells his customers, "You can have it done right, cheap or fast - pick two."

*Also, realistic initial release dates are where it all starts.

Right, I'm sure New Mutants sucking had nothing to do with the bizarre changes made to a long and popular franchise. Just like Cyperpunk's bugs and limited features have nothing to do with the unusually long development time or being one of the first games out on a new console. Nope it's entirely on the fans who bought into the early trailers and waited through several delays to preorder a game that's been hyped for years now.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I mean, CDPR pretty much walked into the realm of GTA without a hardhat.

Cars are fully modeled inside, but don't have damage models and can't be upgraded/modified.
Gunplay is shit, guns look like shit. Why are iron sights taking up field of view real estate when you have a reflex sight? This is fucking video game, your optic isn't going to fail no need to co-witness.
Character customization is limited and can't be change post character creation.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
This game makes me think of that moment in Pirates.
"You are without a doubt the worst-built game I have ever played."
"But you are playing me."
Never seen such a piece of shit be so fun.