Custom busts HOWTO/FAQ

gundamwarcraft

May 5, 2022
so... how do i add/change new bust for character? while i can change new image by replacing image with newer image, i still dont get the x1, x2, x4 compression by how much and how to add my own bust
ps. i want to change ship design
pss. javascript version

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
so... how do i add/change new bust for character? while i can change new image by replacing image with newer image, i still dont get the x1, x2, x4 compression by how much and how to add my own bust
ps. i want to change ship design
pss. javascript version
A late response, but I figure it would be worth answering (at least for future reference):
The only way to change an image to a custom image in the Javascript version is through the bust gallery menu and uploading and linking your own image.

At the moment, the only busts that can be changed are for the player character (clothed and nude) and Bess/Ben (clothed and nude). There may be support for allowing any image that is accessible through the gallery menu to have a custom bust art. But to do that, we will have to create a system that will save the images locally to a certain directory rather than save it directly to the save file, potentially bloating the file size.

As for the x1, x2, x3 sizes, those are primarily for retina scaling for alternative devices. Custom images only have one scale though.

auraen714

Jul 30, 2021
Is there a way to add a custom ship icon/image? I've noticed some of the ships have images, while others don't. I like using the Sledgehammer ship, but it bugs me that it doesn't have any art or image.

I have noticed while looking at the differences in the .json saves while save editing that the ships with images have a "btnTargetText" section and then a short string. For the Casstech Z14 (your starter ship) it's: btnTargetText : CT.Z14 . In contrast, the Sledgehammer does not have this btnTargetText section.

Then again, the Aegis MS-X1 has art, but doesn't have that section either...

Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Is there a way to add a custom ship icon/image? I've noticed some of the ships have images, while others don't. I like using the Sledgehammer ship, but it bugs me that it doesn't have any art or image.

I have noticed while looking at the differences in the .json saves while save editing that the ships with images have a "btnTargetText" section and then a short string. For the Casstech Z14 (your starter ship) it's: btnTargetText : CT.Z14 . In contrast, the Sledgehammer does not have this btnTargetText section.

Then again, the Aegis MS-X1 has art, but doesn't have that section either...
Yea, the custom images is something totally separate from the combat's button text.

I've made an edit for the next release that should allow changing the bust art for ships. It should also work for ships without bust art (like the ships you mentioned), though the underlying system of how this was implemented may change in the future, especially if the ability to edit any and all busts becomes a thing--just know that it currently "works".