Corruption of Champions 5E: Lethice's Wrath (In-Game Thread)

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Welp. He's down for the count." He snorts, smirking down at the commander, before glancing up at the horse. "Whoa! Eaaasy, boy!" He calls out, moving Xali behind him in case the horse decided to charge. He reaches a hand out, trying to grab the reins to steady the horse.

[5+3=8. Welp. This is going to fail spectacularly.]

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona would smile with an uncharacteristic amount of shyness with each time she felt Irena's fingers brush against her toned frame. Once she had helped load up what she could she bit her lower lip as she hard the Lieutenant talk and her gaze hardened as she looked towards the red pillar. "Irena, it seems there's still a bit more to do to keep your fellow citizens safe. Stick close to the guards when you can and stay safe, I'll return to you soon so we can speak."

With that the Rodezan would head towards the horses the knight had procured for them, and would wordlessly climb atop one of them. "Only three? I suppose I could fit another person on top of mine."

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
The horse goes bolting by Kriv with such speed that he narrowly misses the reins as they flap about in the wind, but in that split moment his warrior reflexes allow him to find purchase on the beast's saddle, hooking his fingers in deep. The sheer momentum of the beast barely gives the monster hunter enough time to plant his feet into the ground as it flails and lunges. For a few seconds the war between draconian muscle and equine stubbornness comes to a stand-still, but a burning fatigue surfaces in Kriv's muscles, veins surfacing all over those scales as he puts his all into one last fierce pull.

With a sudden snap the leather harnesses holding the saddle together break apart and Kriv is sent backwards into the dirt, the remains of the saddle falling on him. A silvered ring falls out of one of the satchels along with a piece of parchment and a map. An odd, faded green muck plasters the parchment's bottom right-hand corner. It reads:

4wqFYK0.png

2wCspYB.png

[Not as bad as you might think, my barbarian friend!]

The moment Kriv falls, Xali rushes over to help him. With their relative sizes, her small hands barely wrap around his full palm as she struggles to pull him up onto his feet.

"At once, my Lady." Without delay, Rosa mounts one of the horses, leaving only the third horse with an empty saddle. As Rona mentioned, there is enough space on the saddles for a rider and a passenger. Eladra volunteers to accompany the villagers in the wagons instead, feeling that her healing abilities might be needed amongst the wounded during their journey. Eldakar follows her, unloading the unconscious he was carrying into one of the wagon. In total, the caravan consists of 5 wagons and 5 cavalrymen in all (not counting the party).

Irena feigns a frown, but there's something about seeing the Rodezan high atop that steed that wiped it away. "And here I was looking forward to riding you -- horse. Riding a horse." A red tinge comes onto her cheeks. She nods, "You stay safe too, whiskers. I'll be waiting for you." After giving one last long look at Rona, Irena hurries back to the wagons as well.

The Knight-Lieutenant looks on first with surprise then with glimmering eyes of joy as Gwen honors his request. He's quick to give another bow, "Bless you -- bless all of you. If Charles were still awake, I'm sure he'd thank you in his own way as well." He releases a sigh when Abram's horse goes running down the thoroughfare in the opposite direction, "Oh by the Fates -- Regulus! Get back here!" His demeanor becomes warmer when notices Kriv with the saddle. "Thank you for trying, master beasthunter. It means more than you know." His eyes shift away when he notices the fallen note and he turns his attention to the troops, "Alright everyone! We'll be moving out in 10! Just a few miles and we'll make it!"

Another pulsation rings out and the horses begin to panic once more, "Keep those reigns tight and try to keep them on course! Don't stop until we're inside the gates!" The knights begin to assemble around the wagons as the caravan itself forms into a single-file line. In terms of width, the road can fit 4 horsemen riding side-by-side.

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." He mutters, waving off his words, before smirking at Xali trying to pull him up. "That's adorable. You do realise you're tiny, yes?" He murmurs softly, chuckling as he picks up the note and reads it. The smile on his face slowly fades, turning into one of thought. "Hmm... Interesting." He mutters, before picking up the ring and the map, before stuffing them into his pack.
"Come on. Let's go with the others. Wanna ride on my shoulders? You can use my horns for handholds." He murmurs, smiling as he holds out a hand to the little goblin.

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Smiling and nodding as Rosa honoured her decision, Gwen would check her blades once more, before giving the Knight-Lieutenant a curt but friendly nod, before she would notice the spare horse. Chuckling, the lady would climb up, riding side saddle as was fitting, even without the necessity.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona would manage a small laugh as Irena fumbles over her words. "Plenty of time when I return, Irena." She would say softly before steering her horse over to the large scaled hunter.

"Excuse me Sir. Would you like to ride with me or will you be sticking with..." Her eyes flicked to Gwen Dara and would cock her head to the side. "Your friend? Lover? Acquaintance?" Rona's relatively small form left a decent amount of room on the back of the horse. "I believe I am a competent rider in my own right but if you'd prefer to take control I will defer to your judgement." She would say to Kriv, eyeing him curiously.

Reactions: Vale

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Acquaintance." He murmurs, glancing up at her. "But... I think I'll walk. Horses generally can't take my weight." He says, looking at the horse. "Thanks for the concern, ma'am. But I'll manage." He says, grinning up at her.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona would give a curt nod and a reserved smile to the hunter. "If that is what you believe is best." With that she'd turn her horse and begin guiding it towards the threat the Lieutenant had asked them to deal with. Taking a moment to grab her scythe for easy access before digging her heels into the horse to spur it onwards.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Xali is partially turned away from Kriv when he offers her his hand. As she looks back at the fire that was once Irena's inn, Kriv can hear several sniffles coming from her.

The offer he makes directs her attention back up to him and there's an obvious reddening in those green eyes of hers no matter how much she tries to wipe away her tears.
She nods and there is less hesitation this time around before she takes his hand and allows him to lift her up.

"'Krivvy'." Xali says to herself, "H-He'd always mutter that when he went on about you. Even before we came through the portal." She gestures out to the scarlet pillar reaching up into the clouded skies. "After seeing the man he hated so much. After everything he did I --" she cleared her throat, looking down towards the ground, "I thought you'd be just like him. But I'm glad I was wrong." She looks back up into his amber eyes. "I don't look like much, but please. wanna fight him, too." Her hand tightens around what she could grab of his and she sniffles again as those green eyes harden.

"I don't care if he's big like you. O-Or if he's even scarier than you, either. I just want Baga and the others to know -- wherever they are -- that they didn't save me for nothing. I owe it to them all."

The caravan's journey towards Rivendare castle takes them down the road and further away from the flickering orange beacon that Zendar was now becoming. In its wake, the darkness of the night begins to close in around them once more as they move into hill country.The accompanying knights light torches that manage to keep the darkness at bay for at least a good 40ft around the 5 wagons.

Another pulsation from the pillar comes spreading over the land and for just a few moments, the area it passes over is dimly illuminated for just a few moments before darkening once more as the pulse moves on.

[Important Note: Since everyone is moving away from the illumination of the inn's fire, darkness is once again becoming a factor, so torches are gonna be pretty important.]

The road itself winds between and even over various hillsides and the through the occasional thicket of trees.

Two miles ahead, as caravan makes its way through one of the thickets, a smell of rot hangs in the air. The torches illuminate multiple tracks that criss-cross the road up ahead. By the looks of the deep claw-markings, one thing is for certain.

They aren't man-made.

[10 DC Survival check if you wish to investigate further!]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He stares down at her for a while after she says that, then looks towards the inn, staring into the flames. He offers up a silent prayer to Hades for the departed souls, then looks back down at her. "Wherever they are... They died honourably." He murmurs, picking her up and setting her down on his shoulders as he begins walking.
After a while, he starts talking. "Thing is... Kraddus always had a fascination with death. Especially after our father went down the same dark path. While I do realise there are two schools of necromancy, the one they chose to travel is the worse of the two. Nevertheless... He had an obsession with death, and lacked the respect for it. Hades says... What's dead should stay dead. There are necromancers who worship Hades too... But they never use the souls of the departed. Only the bodies." He murmurs, before pausing. "But I digress... Anyway. After our father left, I had to take care of the house with our mother. That being said, I was away from home for long periods of time. I never kept an eye on him. Thought it was just a phase... That he'd go through it and he'd be fine. But... Yeah. That didn't happen, did it?" He chuckles wryly. "He left home. Just like our father did. I don't know what happened after that, but... You've seen the result." He says, falling silent after that.

The tracks catch his attention, and he crouches, checking them to see what they were. It was probably a monster he knew... Or something he hadn't hunted yet. Either way, he could use something to distract himself...

[15+1=16]
[Does the modifier still apply if you haven't selected the skill? Because I still have +1 in Wisdom.]

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
[That's correct! The modifier always applies even if you aren't proficient in that specific skill.]

Reactions: Archangel99

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona rode silently through the trip, eyes carefully flitting over the caravans to keep a watchful eye over all who rode on them. As the smell of rot invades her sensitive nose she grimaces and glances around. Seeing the strange tracks she would slow her horse before carefully sliding off. Waiting for the horse to stop for a moment before she'd lean down and trace her hands over the tracks.
Opening up one of her notebooks she'd scour it for any information that may be relevant to the situation.
[12 + 3 =15 Survival Check)

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Holding her makeshift torch high until it begins to get close to her hand, Gwen would keep her eyes on the woods, watching for signs of movement. Letting out a soft growl as she sees the tracks, she spurs her horse onwards, not caring what made them, as long as it stayed away.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
[DC Success!] With the combined efforts of Rona's academic prowess and Kriv's expertise with the wilderness, they deduce a certain pattern within the tracks that leads off to the right of the road into blades of grass that go up to their calves in height. Among the grass their eyes easily make out signs of crumpled vegetation, strands of brown hair lying within, and even droplets of cum that coat the air with a powerful musk. The displaced grass and soil forms this loose trail that leads towards further towards a hollowed out hole in the base of a tree standing just a few feet back from the treeline. Along the trail there are arrows embedded into the soil, though they are quite small and aren't even half the size of one that'd be found in the average bowman's quiver. The shafts of these arrows all angle towards the tree-line, giving a clue as to its original trajectory.

Up high, Rona's acute darkvision makes out the shape of a regular medium-sized arrow lodged into one of the branches. On that same branch there are odd tiny bulges -- though from this distance it's difficult to make out what they are.

Decay is spreading across the bark of the trees, turning the rigid wood from brown to deathly gray. The once erect branches bend and droop towards the ground. As the smell of it all bombards Kriv's nose, it makes him recall a similar scent from both his father and brother. On top of his head Xali's grip on his horns tighten, her entire body shuddering against him.

One of them has a symbol etched into its dying bark:

S1vVFtu.png

If they get closer towards the treeline, they can hear the faint sound of crying coming from the hollowed out tree 60ft away.

From where they are standing, it's too dark to for Kriv to see into it. Even with Rona's darkvision, all she can see are some dim, dark shades of gray that make up the interior. Eyeing the edge of the caravan's torch lighting on the grass, they can estimate that if they follow the trail into the tree line, they'll be stepping into darkness.

Gwen-Dara

As Gwen-Dara spurs her horse on, Rosa remains at her side, glancing back at Rona and Kriv for a moment before directing her attention to Gwen, "I'm sure it's nothing, m'lady. I'm sure many a beast calls this thicket home. None that'd be foolish enough to bother a compliment this large." She offers while nodding to the knights surrounding them. Just then her nose was upturned at the smell of decay, "Though it's due to my failure at Zendar that you have to put up with such decadent conditions, madam." She looked down at her horse in shame. "I hope I can find a way to earn your forgiveness."

The duo gets closer to the front of the caravan and Gwen-Dara is able to make out the silhouettes of the hills further down the road.

Just then another scarlet pulse carries across the land and with it a swift, cascading wave of dim red light.

As the red light sweeps over the land, Gwen-Dara perceives a hunched-over silhouette standing on one of the hills off to the left about 55 feet away. For just a second she catches a glimpse of tattered flesh and wrapping hanging upon exposed bone, a spiked club in its right arm. A humanoid figure of at least 6 feet that looks more beast than man yet stands upright on its hind legs. It's hollowed-out eyes lock with hers, its misaligned jaw expanding wide.

The scarlet light passes and once again darkness covers the hillside.

ZFxwWyB.jpg

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona would begin to follow the tracks, stepping as lightly as she was able to without sacrificing speed as she was all too aware the caravan was likely moving on without them. Heading towards the hollowed out tree her ears twitched as she heard the crying. Emitting a soft sigh she began to jog in the direction the crying was emanating from. Dread filled her as she ventured into the dark but it was unlike the Rodezan to simply abandon a creature in danger, so the short monk ventured further into the dark, towards the tree.

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
“Oh I’m quite sure of that, Rosa, but it is not beasts I fear. At least not the natural ones...”

Tilting her head slightly at the soldiers apology, she would bring her horse close enough that she could grip Rosa’s shoulder.

“You failed in the same way I failed to foresee the attack. There was nothing more you could have done than your best, which you did admirably.”

Moving away again to leave Rosa with her thoughts, she would scan the hills, letting out a soft hiss of breath upon seeing the gnarled creature. Looking around for a moment, she’d then ride closer to the knight in charge.

“Please be rather quiet about this, we don’t wish to cause a panic. Have your men get ready for a attack from the left, we might have some sort of beast folk watching us.”

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[Sorry I was gone so long. I'll explain in the OOC chat as to what happened.]

He lets out a low snarl as the smell reaches his nose. "You know what that is too, eh?" He murmurs, noting Xali's grip tightening slightly on his horns. "Yeah... Necromancy. And it doesn't seem to be the good kind either; relatively speaking." He mutters, grabbing his axe and following the Rodezan to provide backup if needed.

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
As Rona and Kriv stepped further into the brush with light footsteps and tensed muscles, the safety of the caravan gets further and further behind them. By their estimate, they would have to duck into a full sprint to reach it on time.

Stepping inside the hollow tree, Rona's darkvision allows her to make out those shades of gray as faint glowing scratch marks embedded into the bark. There is a slight depression in the soil that descends into the opening of a burrow, a soft pinkish-purple glow emanating from it. Sounds of whimpering and gasps are coming from within along with the faint sound of metal clanging upon rock.

A quick peek inside reveals two women: one with a purple-pink gem hovering right over her body woman's writhing body, and another chained to a rock on the northeastern side of the room.

From where they are standing, Kriv and Rona have a good view of her gaping pussy, thick globs of white spunk gushing out of her opening as she rubbed away at her own clit. Her eyes were the same color as the gem's, providing a window into a mind that is clearly no longer her own, her wanton moans filling the room.

Numerous glowing markings are etched into the soil around her and off to the right they see a body of a humanoid beast with dark gray spotted fur lying there, with two tiny arrows lodged into its side. It's body is still and a fallen spear remains at its side. [DC 12 Insight check optional here.]

A tendril-like grip is emanating from the gem, grasping the horn of the restrained girl, siphoning energy from it and causing her to convulse in pain.

A thick canine musk assaults their noses, a sensation rippling across their skin the longer they remain in the gem's presence. The undulations of the human woman's hips, the wet sound of her fingers drilling into her pussy -- it was all becoming amplified in the duo's heads. Like some invitation beckoning them to join in.

Four tiny winged creatures buzz around the gem like moths to a lantern. From far away they look like mere butterflies, but a closer look reveals humanoid bodies attached to those fluttering orange wings. They retreat then dive back in with a sequence of attacks, bringing down their tiny swords upon the gem with little effect.

cdAoPoB.png

BslS0P3.jpg

IKyloR4.jpg

Gwen-Dara

The knight-lieutenant's eyes immediately dart towards the left of the caravan and he gestures to one of the knights closest to him to occupy the left-hand side of the convoy. The order quietly gets passed down and the others follow suit.

Suddenly a loud horn blared from beyond the hill like some deathly dirge.

"Gods, w-what was that?!" questioned one of the villagers.

Listening closely, Gwen-Dara and Rosa can hear the faint crunching of leaves in the treeline off to the left along with the faint sound of chanting.

Ru' Gol'gasha...

Ru' Gol'gasha...

What starts as one voice becomes three. Then it becomes what surely sounds like 5, the chants getting louder and louder as each voice chimes in.

Ru' Gol'gasha...

Ru' Gol'gasha!

Ru' Gol'gasha!

RU' GOL'GASHA!

"To ferryman with this! I'm not dying here!" one of the wagons in the rear attempts to break out of the column.

"Stay where you are!" the lieutenant shouts to him, "This is an intimidation tactic -- nothing more!" he glances down the road then points to one of the knights, "Go see to it that the Lady's friends are safe! We'll need all the strength we can muster!"

JggS3tc.png

[Figured I'd try something new here! This circle of light here is meant to give a rough representation of how far everyone in the front portion of the caravan can see around them with the assistance of the torches that are currently lit.

Gwen and Rona, since you two and Eladra are the resident darkvision users of this party, people will be counting on you to function as the caravan's eyes beyond this light source.]

Last edited:

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
“All caravans, forwards in formation! Quick but careful, keep your eyes open!

Roaring orders to those around her, Gwen would keep her face emotionless beside a grim determination.

“Heavy knights, keep to the caravans until we see how many there are! We charge on my order alone, anyone who disobeys is a traitor and shall be treated as such! That goes for anyone!”

She would then turn to the commander once more, nodding slightly, before addressing Rosa.

“Go as fast as you can, take a lantern or a torch if you must, you have to make it to the Lord’s keep and tell them we’re coming, that they must have archers at the ready! Go, now!”

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"What in the fuuu-?" Kriv mumbles, raising his brows. The sight before him was... Certainly something from another world.
"Are you seeing this or am I dreaming?" He mutters to Rona, before glancing at the tiny things with arrows. Those tiny arrows were useless. Unless they wanted to poke someone's eye out.

He glances at the thing on the floor. Eh, it was dead. Then he notices the arrows. Apparently they were probably poisoned.

He glances at the gem, and the horned girl, then the one who's being... Mind raped or something. "Well... I say we go save the damsels in distress, but..." He nods to the tiny arrows, then the tiny people with wings. "They might see us as hostile. But if we don't act quickly... Well... That pussy is starting to look real inviting." He mutters to Rona, before letting out a soft growl as his lust slowly builds.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona involuntarily inhales the canine musk and as the powerful sensations begin to infiltrate her mind she whimpers slightly. Soon she'd grit her teeth and look to Kriv, looking nervous as she hears the growl escape him. "We need to disable that gem. Let's...let's just get this over with." The Rodezan would tell him and then begin to head deeper into the cave, observing the odd humanoid beast lying on the floor.

[Insight Check: 17 +5 = 22!]

Moving forward carefully she readies a dart, then sighs and throws it at the tendril connecting to the woman's horn. Though if the tendril seemed to be intangible she would throw it towards the gem.
[Attack on Gem: 7 +6 =13!
If that hits: 6 Damage]

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
[Gwen! An initiative roll for me, if you'd please. Rona, Kriv, same goes for you both as well if you decide to run back.]

A flicker of determination sparks in Rosa's eyes as Gwen's orders roar out loud above the distant chanting, "Yes, madame!" the retainer goes galloping down the road with torch in one hand and rapier in the other. The Knights of the Grey rose remain stock still as they look between Gwen and their lieutenant. Just one glance is all the sea-elf needs to see their looks of confusion and reservation as they process her commands. Especially the word traitor.

The lieutenant takes notice and follows up, "Well? You heard the woman! Take positions!"

There's a familiar martial snap in one of the knights as they glare at the caravan driver trying to break formation, "You wanna live? Then fall to fucking command! That goes for the lot of you!"

Reforged discipline passes down the ranks like a cascading waterfall from noblewoman to soldier and from soldier to commoner. Despite the obvious sweat running down the faces of the wagon drivers, none make a move to swerve out of formation.

Three wagons get further down the road as the chants get louder and Gwen-Dara can hear the sounds of throaty cackling laughter among them. There's a distinct sound of rustling in the foliage off to the right and her darkvision allows her to make out the shapes of two dog-like creatures 45 ft away towards the northeastern hill. Even in the the low light there's no mistaking the hairs standing on the end of the backs like spikes with feral abandon.

Further into the treeline she can see several other beastfolk tearing through the underbrush. Three of them have that same hollow stare that she saw from the one on the hill, the rampant husks thrashing about their bodies, their jagged mouths wide open with deep-set hunger. Among them there are two still brimming with life, a glint showing in the whites of their eyes as they train them on the knights. One of the living beastfolk is still in full hide armor with spear & longbow while the other is wielding only two shortswords.

And nothing else.

iy1a6Gc.png

QqGQB7l.png

Kriv & Rona

Rona's dart hits the gem square on, causing the 4 flying beings to go scattering as the gem launches across across the room, hitting the wall with a loud crack. The purple-pink glow around it dims and the tendril hold it has on the green-haired girl's horn dissipates. Her shuddering body tips forward, but the chains that bind her wrists keep her upright.

While she lets out a pained whine, the human girl lets out a groan and whimper of frustration, one hand groping her breast as she says, "Someone, someone -- anyone -- fuck me!"

The monks eyes sweep over the beast's body and she makes out the slow, lethargic twitch in its furred limbs and the subtle rise and fall of its body. The tiny arrows didn't thoroughly complete the job, but Rona can estimate that whatever poison they're laced with is causing this groggy state, though it's slowly wearing off.

Kriv feels an odd wetness touch the top of his head along with the sounds of Xali's low, but ragged breathing the more they focus on the human girl.

Three of the sprites go over to the green-haired girl in order to slip off her chains but to no avail. One of them flies over to Rona with a weary smile. With a small touch on her shoulder, the smile gets bigger, "Thank you. Thank you so much." she points to the downed beastfolk, then to the horned lady "More of these savages are out there. Lisadra, the plants speak to her, and we've seen it ourselves how they ravage across the land."

Just then they hear the loud chants coming from outside along with the loud commands from the knight-lieutenant as well as Gwen-Dara.

wFSGJot.png

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kriv brinks a little, then glances up at Xali, then shaking his head slightly as he looks down at the tiny thing talking to Rona.
"If we help... You think you could maybe help us with... Well... That?" He mutters, tilting his head in the direction of the caravan as he unsheathes his axe, walking into the cave and to the gem with the tendril wrapped around the woman's horn before swinging the blade at it to finally destroy it.

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Scowling as she’d see the smaller party moving through the brush, the half-elf would order the knights to stay in place, before would ride closer to aggressors, calling out above the crowds to the gnolls.

“You there! Let us pass, or more of you shall die than you could hope to sustain! I challenge your leader, bring me to them, one warrior to another!”

Brandishing a dagger, she would let the light shine off it, showing them she means what she says.

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona gave a wary gaze to the small flying creature but eventually gave a resolute nod. "We will purge them from your land." As she hears Kriv she smiles a bit. "Any aid you may lend us after this would be greatly appreciated."

With that she steps forward, withdrawing her scythe and running towards the downed beast folk. Intent on finishing the job, when she arrives she steps forward and raises her scythe. Using her foot to move its head to expose it's neck she slices her scythe downwards, intent on slicing the beasts throat to kill it quickly, and hopefully with little pain for either of them.

[Attack Roll: 16+6=22!]
[Damage: (Critical because of Unconscious Target) 1+4+3=8.]

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
Gwen-Dara

After the noblewoman makes her declaration, a loud cackle can be heard amongst the charging beasts. Then naked beastwoman stops in her tracks with a look of amusement and glee in her eyes. She holds an arm out, stopping the undead drudgeling off to her left. A loud bellow and a series of deep grunts erupts from her that makes the raiders halt in their tracks.

"Haha! Now that's more like it! Best idea I've heard all day!" the warrior says while leaping down from the 10ft high cliff and stepping into the torch light. Standing at a height of 6'7, she approaches Gwen-Dara with a firm gait, not a single inch of her gray-and-black furred body left to the imagination. The orange glow of the torches highlights faded scars running across her toned abs as well as her thighs, suggesting that this probably isn't the first time she's raided buck naked. Whether it's out of bravery, recklessness, foolishness (or an odd combination of all three) is difficult to determine, but the fact that she's still standing to this day is a testament to her fortitude.

The scarlet-pink eyes roaming up and down her body, as if they are undressing her fine clothes and leather armor. She gives a toothy smile of approval, "I like a woman who leads from the front."

Barking and snarling sounds out behind her and she grumbles, ripping herself out of her trance before turning around to face the approaching male warrior and responding in kind. There's a brief exchange in their native tongue, but by the looks of their scowls and clenching fists, it's safe to assume that it isn't a friendly conversation.

"Necromany sex-cromancy. She can come out of those ruins and suck my clit if she has a problem with it!" her clit enlarges out of the hood as she shouts those words. She points over to Gwen-Dara with a mix of fuming anger and obvious sexual frustration, though it's difficult to tell which one is currently the dominant force in that head of hers. "Either way, I'm fucking me an elf girl by the day's end!" she regains that look of burning excitement when she looks at Gwen, "I accept your challenge! But I'll tell you this, princess," she flips one of her shortswords so she's holding the tip blade, "you've got some nerve challenging me with a toothpick like that. Here!" she tosses the shortsword to her.

"Now hold on!" the lieutenant canters his horse closer to Gwen, "Even if we were to just stand down and allow this duel occur, how do we know that you'll keep your word should she emerge victorious?"

She scratches her head while glancing up at the sky, a red pulse cascading over them once more. She looks at him dead on and answers, "You don't. Buuut, I've heard that a good fight and a good fuck makes for a great persuader. Alright -- let's make this even more interesting, shall we?" she gestures to Gwen, "If princess here wins," her hand points towards her fellow raiders, "then she overthrows my position as leader of this here raid."

All of the pack's eyes turn to their leader and the male gnoll bellows out in protest, "That's insane, Kavra! Even for you!"

"The rules say a woman. They say nothing about them being a gnoll. Whaddya say to that, princess? Say yes! Nod your head! Something!" there's a dialation in her eyes as she stars at Gwen, her breathing becoming ragged, "Show me 'somma that elven nerve!"

Kriv & Rona

With the sudden force of Kriv's blow, the gem shatters into multiple pieces. From the multiple shards comes a pink-red energy that all come together to form one small human entity. It gives a small bow of thanks to Kriv before flowing right back into the human girl's body.

Color returns to her paling skin and a sudden gasp erupts from her and she sits up with a start, frantically looking left and right while bringing her knees to her bruised chest and wrapping her arms around them, "Wh-Where am I?! Who --?" the first thing her eyes lay upon are Kriv and Xali. The dragonborn's towering body causes her to shuffle backwards in fright, her eyes widening even more when she catches a glimpse of Rona hunched over a mysterious beast with a pool of scarlet amassing under its body.

"It's okay! He's gentler than he looks." Xali tries to use her best reassuring tone, but the sight of a little green girl on Kriv's head probably wasn't helping matters.

As the tendril fades, the green-haired woman slumps forward, the chains catching her wrists as she regains her breath. She looks up at Kriv and Rona with reddened eyes, tears still rolling down her cheeks. "The trees and plants -- our very home. I heard them crying out for us to save it." she looks out at the decayed interior around them. "A call we couldn't answer. We may have failed them, but I won't let your people share the same fate, too. We'll give you all of our strength, I promise. Just please untie me." she strains against the chains, "If we stand against them together -- then I wish to fight, too!"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Ehh... Yeah. Hi. Not gonna eat you." He mutters, rolling his eyes at the human, before walking over to the horned girl. "Yeah, hang on. Lemme get you out of these chains first." He says, grasping one in both hands and placing a foot against the rocks, bracing himself. Then, with a growl, he tugs hard on the chain, trying to break it.

[15+4=19]

[What's a saving throw btw?]

Vale

Oct 27, 2018
The Land in the Middle
[Saving throws are what you'd use to resist traps, poison, certain spells (some don't call for a saving throw and use an attack roll like Magic Missile) , certain monster abilities or a disease that calls for it.

For example, say the party is walking through a forest and doesn't spot a tripwire in time. They walk into it and it triggers a log that comes swinging into them.

In that moment I would ask you and anyone threatened by the log to perform a DEX saving throw to have their characters duck out of the way (something Kriv would excel at thanks to the level 2 feature Danger Sense giving him advantage).

What sets it apart from ability checks: Saving throws are more reflexive while ability checks are more deliberate. ]

Reactions: Archangel99

Chaotic Neutral Taco

Sep 21, 2018
Returning the smile as she caught the sword, Gwen-Dara would let herself slip from the saddle to stand before the Gnoll woman and slip the blade through her belt.

“Already working out the conditions without me then? Very well, if I win I’m in charge of your raiding party, and if you win, we lay together? I can accept those terms happily. And if you choose the short sword as your weapon, then my weapon is in fact, surprise~”

Pulling a second dagger from it’s sheathe, the elf would make a rather underhand attack, hurling both at the gnoll leader quickly, aiming for the upper legs.

(Would I get advantage on such an attack?)

Attack: 13 + 5 = 18
Damage (if hit): 3 + 3 = 6
Attack: 5 + 5 = 10
Damage (if hit): 3

WannabeAdventurer

Sep 1, 2015
Rona's scythe would slash through the beasts flesh and she'd lean down a few moments later, gently squeezing it's wrist to check for a pulse. Once she notices no pulse she gives a satisfied nod and sheathes her scythe on her hip.

As the human woman comes to she glances back and approaches slowly. "We are not your enemy, ma'am. And that scary dragonborn is the only reason you are free from that gem's thrall. Do you have somewhere safe to go, miss?"