[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Look if your not sure I can go check it out myself and you don't have to worry about it, alright I can do this by myself and you can go back to sim'one pay off debt and live a good life, you don't have to get involve if you don't want to."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya stands there with her hand to the head thinking long and hard. She scoffs and sits next to Jibril when she makes the offer.

Karlya: "Why are you doing this, Jibby? You don't owe me or Sim'one anything"
Jibril: "Shimbala, Freesia, all of them seem to think that ot was my fault for all of this. I believe it. If it wasn't for me, that relic would've been sitting in that bloody basement and suck the life out of whoever walked by."
Karlya: "True"
Jibril: "So i say I'm guilty for part of it. Then i ended up pissing off Draco and accusing Alexa of something insidious that somehow warrants a bullet the head."
Karlya: "See, I can't get my head around that."
Jibril: "Hm?"
Karlya: "Accussing Kane. It was undeserved for something so petty like that. A minor insult sent him over the rails, there's gotta be more to it."
Jibril: "You're telling me."
Karlya: "It seemed like Draco fell in love with Kane even before the transformation completely took over."
Jibril: "I'm still not clear on how that happened."
Karlya: "Wanna get revenge?"
Jibril: "Thinking about it. First time a victim gets to point the finger at her own murderer before. He certainly has it coming."
Karlya: "Also true. Can't say i know all the details but i do know it started with a gift."
Jibril: "A gift?"
Karlya: "Yeah, Shimbala told me about it. One day they were out drinking when things didn't work out like they've planned. Both Draco and Shimbala had a bottle of wine and got soused at the Broken Fist."
Jibril: "That sounds incredibly familiar to me."
Karlya: "Yeah? Did you do the same thing?"
Jibril: "After i patched things up with Draco, Shimbala and Red-Eye sobered up not a week later then goes back to drinking. We were worn out after running their military obstacle course that we decided to go for drinks to smooth over the whole thing. Make up for the bad we did. Only, we didn't drink the bottle of wine Draco snagged from the ruins. If i recall, you weren't around for that."
Karlya: "What happened then?"
Jibril: "Ended up at a place called Will-O-Wisp. Run by a tiefling-"
Karlya: "Willow"
Jibril: "You know her?"
Karlya: "Yeah, her shop is across from the pawnshop!"
Jibril: "We got some stuff off her for the bottle. Turned out it was really really valuable worth alot for."
Karlya: "Fuck me, you got some sweet deal! Her stuffs enchanted!"
Jibril: "Kinda wishing i had some of those right now, thinking back, would've made saving you easier in Shadow Cove."
Karlya: "Shadow Cove?"
Jibril: "Side job from Garrett, supposedly a hidden treasure behind some weird doorway. You got caught by a Drider and Mimic. I lost my tail saving you."
Karlya: "Must've grown it back then coming from wherever you came from."
Jibril: "Anyways, Draco ended up with a Broach. Out of all the thing he could have grabbed from Willow's, he chose a stupid piece of jewelry."
Karlya: "Funny, Alexa wears a broach in her hair."
Jibril fixates on that statement.
Jibril: "Shut up!"
Karlya, taken aback by Jibril's alarm: "Yeah! She never took it off. She got it as a gift from Draco after he he drunkenly stumbled outside her house. Of course, she was still Kane back then."
Jibril: "Draco said the broach was for someone he loved! We just thought he was taking it for some girl he was crushing over! He never told us who it was!"

Karlya is wide-eyed in revelation. Jibril and Karlya are speechless.

Karlya: "So he's the reason she- by the gods!"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Well,well,well seem draco did something he shouldn't have we'll have to figure how to deal with him and take off the broach from this version of kane, but still i need to find my kane before he get into trouble with someone i don't want to think what would happen to him if he die here." Jibril stands up from the bench and stare at karlya." Do you still wanna come or stay here."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya rubbing her hands together and taking on a whole new disposition. One of eagerness and malicious intent.

Karlya: "Oh do i have an axe to grind with him as well."

But plants a hand on Jibril's shoulder to stop her.

Karlya: "But you don't wanna grab some of that kit we've met to come here to get? Seems like a waste to throw all of this away!"

Karlya tosses the coinpurse Jibril got from V earlier. Jibril looks doen to her belt where it once hung to find that her coinpurse was missing the sack in Karlya's hand was her own.

Jibril: "When did you-"
Karlya rolling her fingers with her thumb holding the lace to the pouch.
Karlya: "Magic!"
Jibril: "So Mannie's?"
Karlya: "Well ... You got 600 somewhat coin worth of gold and silver. I don't see why we should settle for less than the best, eh?"
Jibril: "What do you mean?"
Karlya: "Not to rag on Mannie's merchandise but they'll do in a pinch. Didn't have but the 50 coin for the cheap swords and equipment and still have some for chainmail or leather armor."
Jibril: "I'm sensing a 'but' in there"
Karlya: "Or! Or, we could go right for the good stuff! Splash some of this coin on enchantments! Magic talismans, glamour laced clothes! We could get weapons that burst fire!"
Jibril: "Who'd we have to see to get those?"
Karlya: "We go straight to the top of the tower topside! We're gonna see the big man himself - Samson!"

Mannie's, Samson's or Detour?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Then lets both head off to samson and get some high quality gear from him, then we go kick draco ass for his shit stunt he pulled on us."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya: "You're not gonna regret going to Samson's!"

With a pep in her step, Karlya hustles into the inclinator to the surface and gestures Jibril to get in. Jibril does so. Karlya sets the lift to reach the max it'll go and the two will walk the rest of the way to the top of the tower. Karlya is getting excited for going to Samson's.

Karlya: "This is gonna be great! I never actually got to shop there but I've heard there some good stuff he sells up there!"
Jibril: "How do you know?"
Karlya: "Shimbala says so. Used to make their guns before things got outta hand for the military. So he's sorta a big deal around here."
Jibril: "What should we be expecting once we get there?"
Karlya: "You got the rules, there's much to it if you had common sense."
Jibril: "So we can just peruse his stuff and we won't get thrown out?"
Karlya: "What you expecting a fee for just looking around? Probably throw us out if we didn't have the coin to buy, if that's what you mean. I wouldn't suggest it if we couldn't get in."

They've reached the exit upon reaching the surface and exited the inclinator with the doors opening and the two walk outside. Greeted by a group of idling people looking to get it, Jibril and Karlya weave through the crowd as they get on the inclinator after them. Karlya takes Jibril midway down the hallway and climbs the stairs leading into a open bard island and the many filled tables throughout the crowded building. The support columns block most of the views to the building save for the main central column which has a built-in elevator operated by a complicated pulley system of cables, gears and levers. The elevator is operated by a single person who seems to know how the thing works ferrying people to different levels. Karlya walks through the large tavern to reach the elevator and waits in line for her and Jibril to get in. There's another Night Stalker blocking the elevator that dictates how many get on before stopping the line going through.

Ten minutes later.

Jibril and Karlya are standing before the elevator and the bouncer allows the two to get on but so do others cramming into this tiny room. Once they squeeze in, the operator asks for floor numbers. Most common ones were 4 and 6 until Karlya keep quiet, very odd of her to do. Jibril stays silent.

Once they reached their respective floors, people got off one by one until only Karlya and Jibril were the last ones. Operators turns to ask what floor. Karlya says Top, which got the Operator's eye glowing. His droopy disposition turns from sad and soul draining tired to a look of elation. He sets the settings on the panel and pulls the lever and they go straight to the top floor of the tower, all 20 stories.

Jibril felt her stomach descend heavier and heavier while her inner ear canals pop and she felt her legs wobble. Karlya strolls out with a bit of a swagger in her step, Jibril holds the door as she slowly walks out weal in the knees. The Operator clears his throat and Jibril turns to see him with an open palm - a gesture for a tip.

Do they tip him?

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Operator takes the coin, but looks shifted from elated to a look of disappointment. He sighs and closes the door on Jibril and rides the elevator down. Jibril, looking green are the scales, tries her best not be sick from the ride up. Karlya seems used to it, must be her time a sea. Jibril composes herself as she recovers from the moment before taking in what one would assume would be a museum within a fancy mansion with the way everything is curated behind glass and displayed with such elegance and in pristine conditions as if all of the things here were made a moment ago. Pedestals with swords, axes, hammers and daggers, full sets of armor are displayed in the large oversized wall of glass - airtight sealed. Many of the front of them were encased in glass and nothing exposed that can be touched. Looking behind them are the backrooms which they explore to find even more display cases stacked on display cases full of jewelry and some masks. Opposite of one of the backrooms is a private area with a single gentleman appraising some rather odd curios. Karlya and Jibril step into this room.

The man before him is a human man, dressed in a rather peculiar style of dress suit similar to the suits the Night Stalkers wear. His wear with an open collar, no tie of any kind, a blue dress coat with gold trim and a matching set of polished leather shoes with plated gold adorning them. His slacks were pinstriped with a string tailoring of gold lining that blends seamlessly with his attire. Around his neck is a loop on a gold necklace weave, he currently uses the loop to check for imperfections with the wooden mask in his possession in the shape of a angry Oni or Mountain Troll.

When they enter does he ask for a moment before looking up to notice them.

Karlya: "Here to shop, Mister Samson"
Samson: "Just a second, I'm trying to see if this particular masks is as authentic as the seller claims it to be."

They wait a moment before Samson sucks in his teeth then whispers under his breath. "Such a pity" a moment before he sets it down gently and then walks over to Karlya with his hands behind his back and stop immediately once he was around the counter, clapping his hands together. The moment he claps, the mask he had his eye on bursts into flames. He nonchalantly grins while the two of them watched the wooden mask burns.

Karlya: "You should do something about that"
Samson: "Just disposing the trash"
Jibril: "That was trash?"
Samson to Jibril: "To the untrained eye, indeed"
Samson to Karlya: "Now then, welcome to my emporium. How can i be of service?"
Karlya: "I'm looking for some enchanted axes and a replacement for my bow. My friend here is looking to buy something for herself as well."

What does Jibril want?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Well some non-heavy swords, daggers, some good armor and some throwing dagger's as well and some enchantment against magic. Thats pretty much it from me."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The merchant, Sampson, strokes the smoothness of his chin in contemplation over Karlya and Jibril's request. He gestures to the two to follow him out of the appraisal room. Karlya and Jibril follow, strolling through the gallery. Sampson turns to face them while walking backwards then gesture a hand to his wares within the displays.

Sampson: "I have a few enchanted axes on display here."

He opens the casing and removes an ax that he picked.

Sampson: "Ax of Evisceration: while you wield it, you gain the ability to increase your strength tenfold. On strike, this piece will cleave through armor. On contact with flesh, the target will (provided they have blood) will have their blood boil to the point of expelling in a … explosive fashion. Quite lethal and effective."

Karlya: "Too excessive."

Sampson grins and sucking his breath then sighs lightly.

Sampson: "Then perhaps i should ask how much do you possess?"
Karlya: "You don't think we have the coin?"
Sampson: "No, merely to gauge what sort of arms are within your … capacity."

Jibril opens the pouch Karlya has dangling on her belt. Stepping off to the side using the flat surface of the display case as a table. Jibril counts out what she actually has within her pouch. It doesn't have any Pewter coins (Value: $1), but she does have Silver coins (Value: $10) and some Gold coins (Value: $100). Given the agreement from V on the price for the next visit to Freesia, time withstanding, there should be a Value of 1,200 coins. Matching stacks of coins relative to their value, Jibril shows that she has 8 Gold and 40 Silver equalling to 1,200.

Jibril does the math in her head and turns to Karlya to answer with the total. Karlya turns to Sampson.

Karlya: "Satisfied?"
Sampson: "Quite the hefty sum, miss. Unfortunately, this particular ax is worth 10,000 coin, well above what you can afford."

He replaces the ax within the display case and locks it up with a key. He returns to Karlya with his hands in his tailored trousers.

Sampson: "Much of the gallery that's on display here is worth much more. This case alone is worth 1,000,000 coins in sum total. The case beside it possesses ancient relics from both Shurifon and Fjornia dated before their collapse. Their value isn't taken into account of their enchantment and material value."

Karlya: "Then what the fuck is the point of selling if nobody can afford it!"

Sampson: "Madam, I cater to wealthy patrons who use such weapons and curios for their personal enjoyment. Ornaments, Decorations, even the practical use in combat are owned by the elite status of those who can afford them.

Karlya: "Paperweights"

Sampson: "Glorified and personified, I'm afraid. Such a shame, really, much of my work is restoring and preservation of such pieces. I take great pride in my work but the same can't be said if they were ever used."

Karlya: "Then you're wasting my time on inflated prices for something nobody intends on using."

Sampson: "I'm sorry you feel that way. There's the door, you know the way in."

Jibril grabs Karlya by the arm as she starts to turn away in disgust. Jibril learned something important from that interaction. He said, 'everything inside the display cases' but much of his establishment wasn't mentioned in that context. Which means: he has some inventory that isn't on display. Jibril mentions this.

Jibril: "You said everything in the display cases. You're telling her all of these weapons are just for show and yet you sell them to those who just use them as decor."

Sampson raises an eyebrow of impress then smiles faintly at Jibril's astute observation to detect the subtlety of his word choice.

Jibril: "We weren't asking the right questions"

Karlya, returns to Sampson: "Were you giving us the sales pitch?"

Sampson to Karlya: "Perhaps your companion is the one I should consult."

Sampson to Jibril: "What is it that you desire?"

Jibril pondered on her word choice: "We're in the market for some combat usable weapons. Nothing fancy or extravagant, given our budget, something within our price range. She's a hunter and I prefer close quarters combat."

Sampson in a soft contemplation: "Yeeeesss … i see, i see"
Jibril: "Do you have daggers, swords and perhaps armor that aids in improving survival? Durability is preferred, if our weapons snap in combat after a single use, we will have problems."

Sampson: "Then I think I have such items that may prove better. The armor is something you'll have to find elsewhere, I wouldn't recommend anything here."

Sampson walks into the center of the room where a large table sits barren of wares. It's a very ornate stone table to be used as a sort of display of the items that are sold and price is negotiated. The checkout. However, Sampson uses his fingers to run the trim of the table and clicks the hidden buttons of the table and unlocks the stone table. The center of the top splits into two halves, they rose up as two slabs and descend straight down to reveal the hidden contents of the safe within.

Sampson starts removing a box of five daggers, three sheathed swords, five axes carefully compacted in a molded resin, and lastly a two bows without their pull strings. He carries the wares to the appraisal room and asks his bodyguards to follow behind him with the rest.

While the guards and "Sommelier" are setting up the appraisal room, Karlya watches them remove the contents carefully. She leans next to Jibril to whisper.

Karlya: We could snatch everything we can get our hands on and book it."

Jibril: "What?! No! We're in a tower and they're right there! We wouldn't have much time to grab more than a handful and make it out of here!"

Karlya: "So what? He's tried to fuck us!"
Jibril: "What about the Five Tenets?"

Karlya: "We're on good terms with the big boss of the Stalkers, we can use that as leverage if we get caught."

Jibril: "You wanna risk our necks for this? We got the money-"

Karlya cuts her off: "Our money that we just got handed to us and we're about to give to a con man who's probably thinking he can scam us out of it."

Jibril: "You recommended him"

Karlya: "As a window shopper! I didn't think much of it when we're actually buying some of his stuff!"

Jibril: "How's that any different than buying from your other seller?"

Karlya: Mannie I trusted because he had good stuff to sell and I can sweet talk him for half! Sampson? Trust him about as hard as i can throw him"

Jibril: "After what you did to Kor'da with a dwarven axe that one time, I bet you could throw him far out that window. I'd say that's pretty far."

Jibril laughs at her joke. But this does present a moment of exploitation. Does Jibril take advantage of this distraction to steal from Sampson with what little time they have to make their escape, or does she intend to go through with the deal and barter for her gear?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"That's to risky we only know them and if we bring some major heat down on them i'm sure they won't like what we did, they will either off us to prove the others that we did it without permission or won't help us at all so let's just use our coins to buy the right gear and maybe try to haggle the price down." Jibril try to sway karlya bad decision of swiping the weapons and just look around to see what they can get.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril makes the conscious decision to not go through with Karlya's theft opportunity. Much to her chagrin, she huffs as she watches the guards take the last of the equipment to the backroom. Jibril counted how long it took them to finish setting up the backroom from the moment Karlya suggested the idea: 25 steps, 25 seconds to the backroom. Round trip, 50. Three trips given they took two things with them. Sampson was preoccupied with display and presentation, unlikely to notice. Jibril sees the two bodyguards as burly and strong, they would have been troubleshooting and using these weapons to slaughter them. No doubt Sampson hired them and gave them permission to use his wares in their defense. Karlya or Jibril will have to cause a distraction for more time if they wanted to leave covertly.

3 minutes and if the distraction worked successfully, 5 or 6 minutes tops. Not an ideal situation to be in. The risk of theft would be by the skin of their skins and that's if they found anything worth stealing and earning Freesia's ire if they were caught. Then again, they would be informed if they did steal anything. Karlya and Jibril would be violating the tenets. Sampson wouldn't have to lift a finger if he just goes to Freesia and she tears up the deal then and there.

Jibril's deep thought had her so entranced that the time was up before she was finished when Sampson appears.

Sampson: "We're ready for you."

Karlya: "About time"

Jibril followed them to the appraisal room and they stood before the lit table of the displayed items he had transported. Sampson's hands were gloved with a strange material, elastic and white. Jibril hasn't seen that before, yet he doesn't dare touch his precious wares with his bare hands as he shows them off so delicately. Truly a sommelier of his weapons to treat them in such a manner.

Sampson lifts up the first item and gently places it on the table and gives a detailed explanation of the items he shows off.

Sampson: "Ebonwood handle, copper inlaid handle and engraved with 7 runes of power. The pummel is weighted for some balance while the blade is elongated for protection of the hand at the base of the head. The blade also has been blessed with Mithril material making it not only extremely light but tougher than dragonscales."

Karlya: "What's it called?"

Sampson: "Dwarves name their weapons after their deeds and history. As this ax was forged but never used, it doesn't have a name therefore no name or history. The price is 400 coins, the material of the blade is worth more but the quantity of it lowers its price as it was used for a blade instead of chainmail."

Jibril: "What's with the runes?"

Sampson: "The runes read, So'kan'fro which gives an enchantment of Empowerment. While wielded, your strength is increased while also covering your body in a layer of stone."

Sampson leaves the ax off to the side and presents the next ax.

Sampson: "Ordosian Wood, great material for mana reserves and casting spells with greater potency. However, this is an ax and not a Staff as all of the wood's traits imbue the blade of the ax head instead of the user."

Karlya: "Runic and Enchanted weapons?"

Jibril: "From my understanding, if the materials in the weapon are non-magical, the runes will give them magical properties once engraved and blessed."

Sampson: "Correct."

Jibril: "But enchanted weapons make use of the magical materials to gain their properties."

Sampson: "Correct into some extent"

Jibril: "Wouldn't they benefit to have both instead of separate crafts?"

Sampson: "Experimenting with Runes and Enchantments can lead to some catastrophes. As with this particular ax, the wood is magical and the blade is engraved with runes. Using it resulted in it's previous owner suffering from mana exhaustion and couldn't handle the weapon's extend on the body."

Karlya: "You're telling us that the more we use it, it drains our magic more?"

Sampson: "I've dubbed it as the Ax of Burden."

Karlya: "Ok, what's the perk of this enchantment?"

Sampson: "Increased magical draw aside, the user can cast an Evocation spell of earthly warding."

Karlya: "Fancy way of saying it casts a dirt shield"

Jibril: "Is it specifically dirt or can it be any kind of earth?"

Sampson: "The owner stated it can create earth from his surroundings, I assume it creates dirt from stone or sand. But I haven't discovered its properties."

Karlya: "Might be useful in specific situations."

Sampson moved onto the next axes and displayed two at the same time. These were one-handed axes, and they both are identical which piqued Karlya's interest.

Sampson: "Twins of Duality. These two Orsinium born axes were crafted by the Crescent Moon kingdom. The sigils mark their craftsmanship by the rune makers there. Oricalcum ore is subpar and crude to dwarven steel, however the style is sturdy and smoothly curved. The knotwork for the grip is ancestral silk, stronger than strider silk. The Ancestor Silk alone is worth its weight in gold and gives the magical properties of durability."

Karlya: "So it's indestructible and it imbues the axes too. Why call them Twins of Duality"

Sampson chuckled: "One was crafted by one sister as was the other. The craftswoman of the left ax was rather prideful and boastful. She claimed her ax was unstoppable and claimed it would cleave through anything. The other sister of the right ax was reserved and stoic, she claimed her ax was capable of being unmovable until the owner wielded it."

Jibril: "An unstoppable ax against and unmovable ax. A contradiction."

Sampson: "Hence they were called the Twins of Duality. Unfortunately, because it was merely a story, these pieces are more of a collector's item.

Karlya: "So what CAN they do?"

Sampson: "Samus, the left ax, is durable and light and was used to throw. The enchanted effect allowed it to be called back to the thrower. Musas, the right ax, is equally durable but heavier and in the right hands can pierce armor with ease. The effect for Musas meant that once it was dropped or released, the target would collapse under the immense weight until the owner reclaimed it."

Karlya: "Huh, so i can throw both to hit someone and recall one to finsih the job while the second ax would pin them down."

Sampson: "Impressive idea, probably worth it if you plan to use them for combat."

Sampson replaced all the axes into their places off the table and he lifts up a two-handed battle-axe that sparked Karlya's interest even more!

Sampson: "I always save the beat for last. This is a Rift made battleax during the first Great Divide War. The dents and chips it once had showed it had seen battle, remarkable weapon. The enchantment the battlereeve gave it was a magical shield, as long as you wield the ax, an aura will form on you that prevents weapon impact. Very costly to make and only a magic caster can wield it. Sadly, mostly mages, sorcerers and other magical beings prefer spells and staves. Spellswords, warlords, battle mages and other brutish creature like minotaurs would handle such a weapon with great fervor. The bearded ax head and reinforcement of the length of the shaft and strong pummel grants the weapon itself greater durability even if it was made from Shurifon Oak and Caldoic steel."

Karlya: "How much are we talking?"

Sampson: "It's a pretty hefty price of 1000"

Karlya: "Damn!"

Sampson: "It's the best of the ax collection for your budget.

Sampson replaced the battleax on the shelf behind him. Now, he grabs the small crate of daggers and removes them one by one and displays them carefully. From left to right, he names the five daggers.

Sampson: "Blade of Sorrow, Dagger Respite, Briar Rose, Soulrender, and Axis."

Jibril looks at them and wonders what would pique her interest. Sampson lets her pick one to choose from. Which does she want to know more about first?

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Sampson hears Jibril's praise and decides which daggers to start from and speaks of their form and function as well as their magic effects.

Sampson points to the Cinquedea: "Blade of Sorrow, the blade was forged with a new method of tempering and folding. Although it is bigger than some of our regular daggers, the dwarven steel and brass handles make up for it. This dagger was cursed with a lover's pain when it was used to slay her beloved and his mistresses. It's a powerful blade that steals the blood of its victims to satisfy the magic potency it uses to cast. Completely harmless for others to use but it is quite sharp and multiple cuts can be lethal."

Sampson points to the Sai: "Dagger of Respite, Fjornian blade using polished iron and black leather for the knotwork. It was once used by a sadist; this dagger was reclaimed after the fall of Blackgate. The effect allows the wielder to gain greater stamina and can last forever so long as one possesses it. Useful for prolonged fights but don't expect anyone to be particularly threatened by it. Might be useful for assassins and thieves."

Sampson points to a Stiletto: "Briar Rose, this prickly dagger enhances the enchantment after piercing a foe. After piercing a target, the target will continue to bleed out no matter where you strike non-lethal blows. The serrated edges tear through flesh, the tip is strongest and the hilt is given some attention for a comfortable grip to prevent sliding. One person described the pain of a single cut as an unbearable pain like a thousand needles burns his skin and it later drove them to suicide. I've kept this piece locked away for that very reason. Now I'm more paranoid i might slip and cut myself if i so much as stare at it."

Sampson points to a Dirk: "Soulrender, cutting into the heart of the matter so to speak, it's a cursed dagger. Anyone killed with the dagger devours their soul, perfect for ghosts and wraith, very lethal for living people too. The caveat is it cuts the soul and thereby leaving no physical cuts. A serial killer used this in his killing spree and lived a very long life before he got caught in a scandal. This was found on his person and now resides within my vault. Plain iron dagger, wooden handle, it looks very unremarkable and inconspicuous until it's too late."

Sampson lastly points to the Kukri with a very eager anticipation: "Lastly, the Axis! I love this blade most of all. The style is very appealing, the blackened steel and tempering is perfect! The red dyed leather is perfectly complimentary for this blade. But … the effect is where it truly shines!"

Sampson throws the dagger at the door behind Jibril and Karlya. He vanishes and reappears with his hand wrapped around the handle of the blade. Removing the blade from the door, he wiggles it to pry it free. With a good pluck, it pulls free and he carries the kukri lovingly in his hands. Walking back around, he gingerly plants it back on display.

Sampson: "The Axis Dagger is a one of a kind piece! Beautifully crafted, the enchantment is extraordinary and very practical and the distance of the range it can teleport is astronomical!"

What does Jibril think of the collection?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"They all look good and useful but the one that stands out to me is the Briar Rose which i will happily buy off you if you don't mind."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril chose the Briar Rose dagger out of all of the daggers. Sampson sets that one off to the side. And replaces the daggers into their case. Sampson pulls the swords and two bows.

Sampson: "The bows are unique, as you've pointed out earlier, madam. Rune and Enchanted weapons have unknown effects and some are more costly than others. But for the unique circumstances, these two would be the exception to that rule.

Spear of Longinus and the Abyssal Gaze.

The Spear of Longinus is a ironwood made bow, the bowstring is made from the gut of a Manticore and cured to be made into the string for maximum power from the draw. The ironwood is cultivated from years of maturation and used in Dradnae craftsmanship. They pride themselves as bow makers, yet the value comes from utility. The bow itself can create a seal of enhanced sight while aiming with the accuracy of each shot staying on target. The arrows can be anything from common oak and birch to the more expensive Ordosian and Entwood, and still make their mark. The use of these arrows aren't the drawback; the string is where it stands apart. Manticore gut is very powerful and therefore requires a truly strong wielder to pull it, such strength means very few people may purchase it and therefore, i offer it at a discount.

The Abyssal Gaze is … troubling."

Jibril: "Cursed?"

Sampson: "Contrary to the daggers, no. It is a Hexed Bow. The maker was a Dark Elf from Genosia, extraordinary history and the feats are legendary. However, its infamy is what led its arrival to my gallery. You'll notice the Ebonwood is embedded with these ornate trinkets and the rings at either end? Those were additional to hide the notches, kill marker notches. The bow doesn't require arrows. Instead it fires black magic, story has it this bow shoots at a target - they become ash. No magic, no soul, nothing is left behind that can be saved save for the piles of charred remains where the person stood. While it remains in my gallery, it collects dust. Having it here makes me uneasy."

Karlya: "The swords?"
Sampson: "Right, the last of the collection. Three of these swords are imported outside my normal contacts. One is from a Hook Coast sea merchant, the second one was owned by a heavy cavalryman of the Genosian Horde and the last one was made by a desert people south of Genosia, extremely rare find."

Jibril recognized one of the swords as a Scimitar. Jibril snatched it up quickly and looks it over and realized it was made from her homeland of Madressa. Turning it over and seeing the sigil of the Sultanate, she knows immediately it was hers!

Jibril: "This is my sword!"
Sampson: "Impossible, this blade was made from the Gordo Desert kingdom of … Medressa …"

Jibril looked at the leather wrap and starts unfolding it, she had it tucked away into the pummel just as all of their swords were. Jibril unwrapped the knotwork and revealed a small scroll. Jibril pulls it out and unfolds it to show it to Karlya.

Jibril: "The last thing my father said before I left Medressa, a letter wishing me luck on my pilgrimage and to travel safely."

Sampson is at a loss. Karlya is glaring daggers at this thief! Jibril is stunned by this reunion, this weapon has been by her side forever! Now it's in this man's gallery of all places! Does she steal it back or threat Sampson for trying to sell her sword back?

Last edited:

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"I'm curious sampson how did you procure my old scimitar and since it's mine i'm sure you'll be willing to drop the price for it as well." Jibril give her old scimitar a good old practice run to see how well it was taken care of and not been chipped or broken.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril examines her sword. The blade was forged with Zanzikhan steel (Damascus styled steel) with a clay handle and the leather wrapping for the grip. The Scimitar was made by the Sultanate"s private blacksmiths and given to their guardsman. This sword was passed onto Jibril by her father the Vizier to the Sultan. It's seen years of combat even before Jibril received it, but the wear and tear of it had taken the black and gray waves of the steel's text and design away. The edge was alway chipped with the upper crescent edge of the blade was rather chipped often. With each sharpening and reforge, Jibril saw the old sword turn from a scimitar to a khopesh with how thin her blade was getting. However Sampson did it, the old thing looks brand new and fully restored to its former glory, if he added some enchantment to it she certainly would like to know about it.

Jibril: "Where did you get this?"
Sampson: "I don't know where it came from! I bought it off some customers looking to sell."
Karlya: "You desecrated her grave!"
Jibril: "Meh! I wouldn't go around telling anyone about that!"
Sampson: "Grave Robbery? You expect me to believe this sword was in YOUR own grave?"
Jibril: "Kay, why did you have to tell him?"
Karlya: "He has the sword I buried you with. Like hell I'm gonna make you pay for it back!"

Jibril grabbed Karlya by the shoulder and holds it up to her to let her see.

Jibril: "Kay~ I'm not buying my sword back. I would like to think of it as … getting it repaired and restored? It was very damaged when I last held it and I believe a fair compensation is in order. At least look at how well it was repaired! I've never seen such a great job, it'd be a shame to work on such a fine sword and waste so much time and materials in repairing it."

Karlya looks at the sword, the light shining off the reflective surface, brilliance blinding her briefly. Karlya rubs her one eye the pushes Jibril off her.

Sampson: "I'm quite confused."

Jibril making up a story to be more convincing than the far-fetched truth.

Jibril: "I was attacked and left to die. She and many others thought I had died and buried me in a shallow grave. I survived, she gave me a proper burial when others didn't so she would know what I was buried with."
Sampson: "I'm truly sorry for what happened to you."
Jibril: "Thank you"
Sampson: "However, regardless of the circumstances, this sword belongs to me. Many of the swords and weapons in my collection were once owned by others and regardless of their death or purchase - ownership belongs to the one who purchased it."

Just as Jibril was going to protest, Sampson held up his hand to stop her.

Sampson: "However, I do recognize the love and care it took to maintain such a historical piece. Indeed, the price for the repairs were very costly but the history of the sword is what makes it so special. Do you know what sort of enchantment your sword carries?"
Jibril: "I wasn't aware it had one"
Sampson: "The Zanzikhan steel is what makes this blade particularly special. Medressa has spellweavers, shamans, spellswords, yes?"
Jibril: "What of it?"
Sampson: "This scimitar was once owned by a Spellsword Smith, the Zanzikhan forged tempering alloys to their blades but a ritual is added to bless a tempering foil with talismans during the folding process. Each talisman foil merges with each layer added, strengthening not only the blade but the potency of the magic. As it ages and more times it is worn down, the weaker it becomes.

Your sword was used many times to the point my blacksmith had trouble discerning the process of repairing it. Luckily, I happen to know a few mages capable of at least reverting some of the damage. Less work and materials for forging but the services are quite expensive."

Jibril: "Zanzikhan steel in enchanted?"
Sampson: "Yes! And this sword was given quite the collection of weaker enchantments."
Jibril: "Multiple enchantments?"
Sampson: "Exceptional, isn't it? I was invested in the restoration to discover what it could do. To my surprise, it's has five layers of lesser enchantments. While it doesn't sound impressive as greater enchantments - using a sword with less potency enchantments can be used more often without such drain on mana or you physical stamina. Such greater enchantments can only be used once before one is completely exhausted in a single blow. Your sword may be weaker, but the effectiveness is much stronger.

Lesser Foil of Endurance, Lesser Foil of Vitality, Lesser Foil of Conduit, Lesser Foil of Force Projection and Lesser Foil of Fleeting"

Jibril: "Endurance, Vitality and Fleeting i know well enough. But what about Conduit and Force Projection?"

Sampson: "it's a Channeling enchantment, so long as you wield the weapon any magic cast nearby or by you - everything is amplified, efficiently and with greater potency. Force Projection is what i fail to understand - translation of the types of foils used were hard to decipher."

Jibril: "Very interesting. So what do we say to haggling on a price?"
Sampson: I have a condition before we agree to a price"
Jibril: "That being?"
Sampson: "I'll part with your sword at no cost to you if you would be willing to perform a service for me in return."
Jibril: "Uh-huh"
Sampson: "Involves digging it up-"
Karlya: "Grave Robbing"
Sampson: "No!"
Karlya: "Sampson, I know what you're after. Everyone in Thieves Alley knows. Nobody wants to steal the shield for you!"
Sampson: "How would you know?"

Jibril and Karlya glare at him in an awkward moment of silence.

Karlya: "Really?"

Sampson: "Well. I want the shield off the recently deceased Black Hand Paladin that perished. The shield was his only equipment to be buried with. Dark Paladins of the Oathbreakers don't carry shields. Something about it is different and I want to know more about it."

Jibril: "So you can restore it and sell it off"

Sampson: "It'd be a waste on the dead to bury a falcon shaped shield. If it is such a lackluster piece, it'd look nicely in a home. Find it and bring it to me, your debt for the sword is clear."

Jibril: What kind of debt?"

Sampson: "You keep the sword until I receive the shield. If you do not return the sword or the shield, I'll inform the Night Stalkers you broke an honored agreement. You will be marked for death until the debt is repaid."

Jibril: "What happened to paying for it outright?"
Sampson: "The sword is worth 1,200 coin. You wish to pay for the repairs, i can reciprocate by taking the price down to 1000 coin, any less and I'll be refusing to sell. Given the recent information presented before me, refusal isn't in my best interest. I have a reputation to uphold and I'm not one to refuse a deal. SO!"

Sampson puts the Briar Rose on the table, Karlya brings the Ax of Burden and throws in another coin pouch onto the table and places the Abyssal Gaze bow onto the table. Jibril just noticed the coin pouch Karlya had and checks herself for the one she just counted. That's a second pouch! Of course this was the pouch Karlya took from the pawnshop prior to their travels to the Undercroft.

Sampson: "Oh ho, you had an eye on the Hex Bow, that's going to be quite the sale for you. The Burden Ax, I'll sell to you for 300 coin. The Hex Bow will be 900 coin."

Jibril counts out her coins and sets the stacks on the table as she readies her purchase.

Sampson turns to Jibril: "Just your sword and this dagger? Dagger is worth 500 coin but it's a bothersome item, 400 is my lowest offer."

Karlya: "Buttering us up so we'd go get that shield, huh?"
Sampson: "Are we here to haggle or do you wish to waste more of my time?"

How does Jibril want to go about their transaction?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Now hold on sampson don't think you can trick us into getting your shield just because you lower the price down a bit, also karlya I think you should get a different ax with how much that thing will drain you, you should get a different one that support you best with your fighting style. Now sampson why is it you so badly want that shield why haven't other people gotten it for you is there something your not telling us." Jibril look at sampson skeptically trying to figure out what his play is.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Sampson: "Isn't it obvious?"
Karlya: "No, mate, it doesn't! What's this shield bloody do that's got you all wond up!"
Sampson: "Black magic. When a Lumen Paladin breaks his oath to a god, his divine equipment is corrupted. He becomes an Oathbreaker, that's an exceptional rarity even more valuable than that sword of yours. This one died of old age, even rarer, as all Oathbreakers die horrible deaths. Which means all of his magic transfers to the equipment he was given and died with. The potency of an old paladin's magic is strongest near death because he's blessed with near eternal youth. They live as long as the elves do."
Jibril: "How much is it worth to you?"
Sampson: "To say you're getting the best deal is an understatement."
Karlya: "Cut the shit, Sampson, if we're stealing your shield, gotta offer something better than what you're offering if no one is gonna do it for you."
Sampson: I'll throw in the Twins or one the daggers."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Don't give me that crap sampson, if you let us both choose a weapon will help get your shield that sounds like a good deal if you ask me." Jibril try to haggle with sampson for a chance to get two extra weapon out of this deal if this works she sure they'll be much harder to take out in a fight.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Sampson thinks on the deal. Given the nature of the deal, he's very reluctant, or he could be fainting his intent to get this shield for cheap. Jibril and and Sampson enter negotiation

Sampson: I'll give you your sword back free of charge. Briar Rose is 400, Ax of Burden for 400, Hex Bow is 800. If you friend can use it, I'll throw in the Breaded Battleaxe of Warding for 500."

Jibril: "And the Axis dagger?"

Sampson: "You're pushing your luck"

Jibril: "We're familiar with Infernal Relics and what dangers they pose. And there's the cost of our reputation if we grave rob the Dark Paladins. If I'm going to be burned alive from a bunch of Hellfire spells, I'd rather have a way to survive the encounter."

Karlya: "I can handle the battleax!"

Karlya is salivating over the large battleax behind Sampson. She really wants that beast of a weapon.

Sampson: "Tell you what, I'll loan you the bearded ax and the Axis. Pay for everything else. Bring me the shield in one piece, I'll give the two weapons to you or take them back if they don't work out for you."

Karlya: "I can't say no to that deal!"
Jibril: "No strings attached?"

Sampson: "They're loaned to you for this job only. If I don't see them when you get back with the shield we'll have a problem."

Jibril: "You're very keen on this shield"

Sampson: "How do you suppose I've learned about these enchanted weapons in the first place? Try them myself? If the shield poses a danger to you, then I've made a poor assessment of its capabilities. If it possesses powerful magic then the price of the weapons should outweigh the cost is negligible."

Jibril: "I see, we're the bait."
Sampson: "Not my word for it. A test, the cost of selling it for higher would make up for the loss on the profit i would have made on your purchases. This would be a win-win for both of us."

Jibril uses her Bartering skill

Jibril: Burden Ax goes for 200, not worth more than that, mana Isn't infinite and your last owner died of exhaustion. Hex Bow we'll take for 750. Briar Rose is a prickly item you said is a problem for you, we take it off your hands for 250. Add the Battleaxe and my sword. I'll call it a deal."

Sampson thinks long and hard on the proposal. He's visibly mad about this deal and the suave and collected demeanor he puts on as a facade is dropped. He yells at one of his bodyguards.

Sampson: "Shimshon!!"

The bodyguard enters the room when called. Sampson sighs deeply and groans under his breath and looks away from Jibril and Karlya.

Sampson: "Go get my sigil and a bill of sale! Be quick about it!!"

Seems like a successful sale! The bodyguard returns with an inkwell and quill in hand then hands Sampson his signet ring. Burning the wax on a lit candle, Sampson signs the bill of sale and lists the items being sold to Jibril and Karlya and has them sign the contract. After signing their names, Sampson dabs the wax onto the edge of the bill and presses his signet ring into the glob of wax to leave an impression into it to mark the document as an official and done deal.

Karlya eagerly grabs the battleax from the shelf with wondrous glee! She even throws her new bow around her back and slides the new ax of burden onto her belt. Jibril takes her sword and slides it into the new sheath it comes with and let's it set on the her side. Sampson hands Jibril the small sheath the preventa the Briar Rose from piercing out of it and when she grabs the sheath, Sampson grips it hard enough to give her a pause.

Sampson: "Bring me my shield"
Jibril, coldly: "Consider it done"

Jibril yanks the sheath out of his hand quickly and stuffs the new dagger into it and stows it in her beltline behind her back. Karlya lets out a Psss that catches Jibril's attention, she hands Jibril the iron dagger she had with her. Jibril adds the extra dagger with the Briar Rose behind her. Karlya also hands Jibril the wooden hunter's bow they also brought with them. Plus the quiver of arrows.

[Karlya and Jibril are now fully equipped with enchanted weapons and equipment.]

[Jibril's coinpurse is looking quite empty: $0 Coins available]

Jibril and Karlya stand outside of the Night Market in the courtyard of the entrance to the vineyard. Karlya is swinging her new battleax with merriment and grips the handles hard with a keen focus. When she does, a forcefield is conjured around Karlya and when she moves, the bubble shield around her does too. Karlya is very happy!

Meanwhile, Jibril is looking over the bill of sale and it states that the ax and sword are Pending On Contract Obligation. The fine print stares back at her as she rolls up the document and stuffs it into her back pocket. She holds the scroll of her deal with Freesia to deliver to Kane, whom is at the old Vali Village through the cemetery. The same cemetery that they will have to pass through to get there is also where this corpse they have to rob. Her plan will be to see Kane to ask for help in this grave robbing because she fears another Undead Horde incident. Better to have him (or her) guarding them than whatever trickery these enchanted weapons have on them.

But there's the likelihood that Karlya will want to do something else before going off on a short quest to do some despicable act. Tonight wasn't turning out like they planned, but she is glad to see Karlya so happy.

Jibril: "Karlya?"

Karlya slams the battleax into the ground with ease creating a small crater of dirt where it sits firmly planted when Jibril called out to her. Karlya leans on the battleax while looking over to Jibril.

Karlya: "What's up?"
Jibril: "Any ideas on what we could do next?"
Karlya, unsure herself: "Uh, I'm not sure. Thought about going to take a bath and calling it a night. But i never expected to get some new toys!!"

Kara rips her battleaxe out of the ground with gusto and makes a stance with a wide smile on her face.

Karlya with fervor: "So if there is some baddie that wants some of this action, I say let them come!"

Jibril has the option to visit a bath house. Or they can go straight to the cemetery and get this over with. Or go see Kane with their delivery and coax her to join them at the cemetery.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Let's go to the bath house and relax since this has been a crazy day as is." Jibril follow karlya to head off too the bath house and relax.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya agrees with Jibril on the weird day they've had. Never a dull moment for them. Karlya says there's a few public bath houses they can go to. Of the three, Yangzi Bath House is the cheapest but largest one. Very popular choice. The Bao Koi House, a seedy bath house for a a slightly higher price but includes "private" rooms. Or the pricy Uleca Brothel which is built under the natural hot springs that run through the old Vali Village on the surface. The last option is free but occupied by a very hormonal Ossai. Jibril thinks the last one isn't a valid idea, not telling what they should expect. So that leaves three options.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Let's just go to yangzi place and not deal any of the hassle along the way, I just want to relax and have a good nap after wards."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya leads the way to Yangzi Bathhouse, located in Thieves Alley in the northern district. Thirty minutes have passed. Karlya and Jibril stand before a wooden structure the leads underground approximately forty yards from where Jibril and Kane spawned in from the Ether. Jibril remarks how this place wasn't what she was expecting. It's got four walls with flowerbeds and a few decorative rocks partitioning a pond built around the entrance. Karlya opens her coinpurse and hands Jibril 10 Pewter coins and throws an arm around Jibril's waist hooking her finger to her belt loop.

Karlya smirking: "Can't believe we got some of the coolest weapons in the shop!"
Jibril: "Wasn't expecting the price to be so steep."
Karlya: "Gotta spend money to make money!"
Jibril, groaning: "So this is a Bathhouse?"
Karlya: "Ever been to one?"
Jibril: "Prefer my privacy."

Whispering to herself, thinking back on the Green Dragon's private bathroom with that deep bathtub and hot water. Jibril curls her tail up and let's out a soft hiss.

Jibril: "Although, that bathtub was pretty great. Mm."

Karlya notices Jibril's tail curling around her leg and the noted hiss. She quickly picks up on the social quirk.

Karlya: "It must've be really nice for you, I don't think I've seen you perk up like this before."
Jibril grins: "So nice, better than a cold one."
Karlya: "Gotta admit, the hot spring baths do make this place a one of a kind tourist trap."

The two stroll in tune with each other's step walking down the stairs to a small lobby with sliding doors contemporary to Shurifon's style. The receptionist at the door is tucked into a wooden kiosk playing with a trinket that changes shape while in the palm of her hand. Clearly the woman is bored and rather callous by the duo approaching her. Without a word, Karlya dros a stack of pewter coins and Jibril does the same. The receptionist plucks two wooden tablets marked in Leyfon lettering and points to the door.

Receptionist: "Read the rules, communal baths only. Don't like it, fuck off."
Karlya: "Thanks"

Karlya pulls Jibril to the door and both slip on through to a cave that's been carved and made into two different paths. One is female room and the other, males. Karlya pulls Jibril into the female room and there they find a cubby for their stuff. There's no lock or magic barrier, it's just a slot to sit their things in. Karlya just remembered they were carrying really expensive equipment and they're in the worst part of town.

How does Jibril want to play this out? Stay and hope their things don't get stolen, find another bathhouse that has safe storage, go back to the pawnshop to drop off their things and come back, or something else?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Lets just put our stuff in the pawnshop for protection don't want to risk our chances of our stuff being stolen just when we bought them."Jibril wait to hear karlya opinion just to see how she fell about it.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya was about to disrobe until Jibril says something about their weapons. Karlya thinks about it for a moment and sighs when she realizes that's a better idea than just leaving their stuff unattended.

Karlya: "Good point"
Jibril: "I have a bad feeling about it and flipped the coin. Came up tails again."
Karlya: "Putting your trust in a coin?"
Jibril: "Can never be too safe with these things."
Karlya: "Okay, we're going. They really should have chests for these things."

Karlya and Jibril gather their things and backtrack through the lobby and address the receptionist about the tokens they received.

Jibril: "Hi, sorry to bother you."
Receptionist: "Yeah?"
Jibril: Do we keep these until we come back or do we have to pay again to get back in?"
Receptionist, nonchalantly: "Bath Tokens are reserved for the person that bought it, not their friends. The bath vendor takes the tokens to enter, if you haven't given them over, you hold onto them until you're ready to go in. Token pays for your entry not your group of friends. So don't bother."
Jibril: "Uh, thanks."
Karlya: "Do you have a chest for our weapons by any chance?"
Receptionist overwhelmed with indifference: "Nnnnn- ope"

Karlya and Jibril shoot daggers at the receptionist who is very rude to their inquiries. Receptionist swivels in her chair and turns her back on them to return to playing with her knick-knack.

Karlya and Jibril ignored the rude little halfing elf and walk out of the establishment to walk a short distance back to Sim'one Pawnshop. The door bell rings upon and the two entering. Sim'one sits at the countertop with a chessboard with wooden tablets on the board playing against himself in a battle of wits. Karlya greets Sim'one as the two walk through.

Karlya: "Hey Sim"
Jibril: "Hi son"
Karlya: "You won't believe what we got! "

Enraptured by his game, Sim'one doesn't bother to look away to address Karlya's new bearded ax and bow nor to his stepmother's new stuff as well. Sim'one moans and waves them off.

Sim'one: "Yeah, I'm sure it's great. You two done for the night?"
Karlya, sighs and shakes her head: "No. We're just dropping off the weapons"
Sim'one, droning in thought: "D4 to E7, A2 to G9 in three turns."
Karlya: "Sim"
Sim'one snapping out of his thoughts: "Huh?"
Karlya, showing him her new axe: "Can you watch our stuff while we take a bath?"

Sim'one perks up when he sees the new axe and then notice her strange new bow. Sim'one turns to Jibril to see she's carrying more weapons than they walked out of there with.

Sim'one: "Where did you get those!?"
Karlya: "We bought them!"
Sim'one: "But-"

Karlya tosses the coinpurse she had on her to Sim'one that was relatively full minus the bathhouse fee. Sim'one is perplexed by the full purse and their new weapons. His assumption is expressed.

Sim'one: "Tell me you two didn't-"
Jibril: "We didn't, fair deal, no issues"
Karlya: "We didn't steal them, Sim. The Big Boss paid us for information and we spent what they gave us on the new gear."
Sim'one, distracted by the valuable weapons they have: "No. No. No. That's not okay."
Karlya: "What's the problem, Sim? We didn't steal them and we bought them for a good price and we didn't lose a single coin! We made out like bandits!"
Sim'one: "Everything has a price, Kay, everything! We don't know what they're up to!"
Karlya: "I think you're overthinking things, Sim'one."

Who's side does Jibril want to side with on the matter? Does she think Sim'one has some valid concerns and think they should hear him out? Or side with Karlya who thinks Sim'one's just being paranoid and ruining their fun? Or don't get involved and just proceeds to store her things away while they argue?