[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"For now i'll take the bow and arrow and the leather as well, the least i can do is help you out poaching and put some food on the table. After that i'll go and see that blacksmith for items." Jibril heads out with karlya helping out her self made job the leave the basement saying goodbye to sim'one and head out the house. Even she not in her original timeline everything feels so different for jibril as her death change so much than she realize part of her wants to correct this but she doesn't even know how to fix this big of a problem.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"It's too late to go hunting, almost dark, better luck in the morning if you're really up for it. I could use the extra pair of hands, least i know i can count on you."
Karlya replies, "Just don't gore yourself on a tree branch or a boar when we do. I don't think i can handle you dying and coming back again like this."
"No promises, knowing my luck" Jibril answers.
"If you wanna keep looking, i can fetch my old bow and arrows."
"Sure, I'll check out the other drawers." Jibril says digging into another dresser and picking out more casual clothing.

Karlya goes into the upstairs loft and scouring the second floor of the pawnshop. Jibril finds a pair of ... Jeans? She looks closer and noticed that it was the sturdy denim material the Canaanites used to make their clothing. She guesses someone must've sold them for the value of the material. These are perfect for the cold and they're durable, meh shame they don't have a tail hole. Although that can be fix if she had a knife. Jibril starts poking around in the pockets they come with knowing the other types of clothing never had pockets. And, surprise surprise! Someone forgot something in those pockets - 1 Silver coin! Jibril hears Karlya coming downstairs to see Jibril holding a silver coin.

"Where did you get that?" Karlya comments.
"Found it in these pants, they come with pockets and found one of these." Jibril replied.
"Wait, these have pockets?!"
"Yeah, the Canaanites wore them often. Never had a pair and thought these would look nice on me."
"Strange coin" Karlya say eyeballing the coin faces.

Jibril tilts her head staring at the coin. On one side it had a smiling man and the opposing side had a frowning man minted into the silver coin. Alone, the coin itself is worth 10 pewter coins but what is the significance of the faces? A gambler's charm, she theorized?

"Why don't you flip it make a wish. Maybe the Mask will grant you luck." Karlya suggests.
"The Mask?" Jibril remarks.
"A Thief God of Fortune. Some say you flip a coin and hand it to a beggar, you pass on it's luck. Heads, good luck. Tails, bad luck. Since it's yours now, might as well see what luck might bring you."

Does Jibril keep the pant and/or flip the odd coin for luck?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"You know am gonna flip it." Teasing karlya jibril try her luck and flip the coin and wait to where she see one of the sides land.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril flips, land in her hand them flips to slap the back of her hand - it's Tails. Karlya sucks in her teeth.

"Best two of three?" Karlya says.
"Does it matter, not sure if it would count" Jibril responds.
"You want me to flip for you?"
Jibril holds it away from Karlya.
"No, my coin!" Jibril grins, "fine. I'll do another one."

Jibril flips ... It's Tails again.

Jibril now has Bad Luck

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Hmmmm I didn't expect to get tail's twice in a row hope this doesn't jinx me when we go out but whatever thinking about won't change it now, by the way does the city have a curfew law in place if not i can use this time to inspect the neighborhood and check out the city and see whats night time is like if thats alright with you karlya?."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Curfew?" Karlya says, characteristically of her to do so, her sass never ceases. "Not that we didn't have a hell of a time getting rid of a zombie horde. Or the strings of looting, the crazy ass mobs every few weeks. Oh, and if you just missed, an occupation by Shurifon? Yeah, we sure don't have one of THOSE in place."

Jibril crossed her arms and lean on her back leg raising an eyebrow at her.

Jibril: "Really?"
Karlya: "You may have died and came back. But THIS-"

Karlya gestures her whole body with a wave of her hands then poses to emphasize her attractive body and the obviously nefarious nature.

Karlya: "-never changes"
Jibril: "So about that sightseeing?"
Karlya: "Phsh. We got a few hours before they close up the shops, i can sneak us around after curfew."
Jibril: "Ooo up to your old tricks?"
Karlya, eyeing her nails: "Maybe~"
Jibril: Maybe … have some fun later?"
Karlya: "I'm up for it! it's been awhile and it'll be great to spend some time with my friend!"

Karlya grabs a coat from the wall, throws it on, grabs another and tosses it to Jibril.

Karlya: "Get dress. I'll grab some money and we'll make this a girls nights!"

Jibril catches the coat and shoots Karlya a smile as she grabs the clothes from the shelf behind her and takes the pile into her room. Karlya walks towards the lockbox behind the counter near the door and uses her keychain to unlock the lockbox and pulls out a coin purse. Counting out the pewter coins and a few silver, she pockets the coin purse. Karlya sees Sim'one coming downstairs and sees the door to the backroom.

Sim'one: "She in bed already?"
Karlya: "Nope. Taking her out shopping."
Sim'one: "Before the curfew, right?"
Karlya: "Of course!"

Karlya taps him on the bicep and walks around the counters.

Karlya: "Show her around, maybe find out what else is different."
Sim'one: "Does it matter?"
Karlya: "Look … I need this. I feel trapped and maybe going out will take my mind off things."

Sim'one grabs Karlya by the arm then snatches up the coin purse off her belt and holds it up to her. Karlya sighs and rolls her eyes bracing for a lecture. Sim'one's look of disappointment is stark, whom he takes after his father.

Sim'one: "Again?"
Karlya snatched the coin purse back.
Karlya: "I've earned it!"
Sim'one: "When are you gonna stop spending all of our money and think!"

Karlya ties off the purse to her belt and puts on her coat. Crosses her arms and stares Sim'one down.

Karlya: "Don't start this again"
Sim'one: "I wouldn't have to if you'd listen to me. I can't keep going like this if you're not going to help me with our debt."
Karlya: "No. Your debt"
Sim'one fell silent.
Karlya: "I took you in when Karin, and your family, died. Against my better judgement, i let you gamble, rig your games and played the devil's advocate when we bought this place. But you've crossed the line when your borrowed money from Silverman - again! Just like your father!"
Sim'one: "I've done everything i could for us! Always for us!"
Karlya: "Certainly didn't stop your from stealing from me as well."

Sim'one is ashamed. Karlya nods her head with equal disappointment in him.

Karlya: "That money was for rent and food. You lost it at the tables. This money is mine, I'll do whatever I want with it. You peddling children's dolls and fireworks won't keep the shop open forever. You're lucky Garrett bothered with us at all."
Sim'one: "What happened to us?"

They glared at each other.

Karlya: "I'm not your mom and you're not my son. Stop pretending we're family."

Backdoor opens, Karlya turns to see Jibril walking out with her new attire. Sim'one's thumps the floor in elation, Karlya whistles loudly.

Jibril stands posturing on a back leg showing off her new style of clothing. The ripped pair of jeans that caught her eye earlier created a sentimental value to her by providing both a special coin as well as an alluring exposure of her scales over the top of her legs while covering the back of them. The leather shoes she had plus the laces from the sandals fashioned around into comfortable padded foot wrapping. The cotton v-neck blouse with the ascot frilling has been made into a deeper v-neck and the ascot was removed revealing the upper midriff of Jibril's torso. From behind, Jibril's tail flows out the back of the tail hole of her jeans freely and secured through the belt loops with a flux rope around her waist. Jibril straightened out her sleeves and notes they're a bit too loose for her liking not considering the deep cut to extend the midriff may have contributed to the loosity of the shirt.

Jibril: "So~ what do either of you think?"
Karlya: "Jibby~ when did you get a sense of fashion?"
Jibril: "Learning a bit from the Canaanite … and maybe a little from Kane … my Kane … we're not-"
Karlya: "Yeah, he's not your type anyway."
Jibril: "He has a type?"

Sim'one and Karlya laugh.

Karlya: "Come on, let's go show you off. Maybe we can get you under someone's skin."

Karlya grabs Jibril by the hand and quickly drags her out the door before Sim'one gets any more ideas. Karlya and Jibril stand on the corner of the western part of the Golden Laurel South district (renamed to Pö Hange Gi). Karlya gestures to the slums around them.

Karlya: "Welcome to Canaan's Folly, home to the scum that ran from Heifong and Shurifon's black sheep. This once famous strip we're standing in is 'Pö Hange Ge' our Thieves Alleyway."

Karlya claps her hands together.

Karlya: "So~ what do you wanted to do first? Weapons or armor?"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Definitely weapons can't rely on bow and arrows alone, so take me these sight seeing karlya." jibril teases karlya as they both leave the shop hoping to get the stuff she needs and see what else has change in this city.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya: "Oh, you don't like my bow"
Jibril: "Prefer knives and swords, honestly"
Karlya, placing her hands on her hips: "I don't blame ya. Driftwood and horse gut doesn't do the trick."

She thinks of a place that could suit both their needs. She hammers her fist into her palm upon an idea.

Karlya: "I've got it, Mannie's!"

The name strums a chord on an untuned lute. Manny, the Peg! Jibril recalls her racist "partner" and the thought of him and his stony peg-leg disgusted her. Mainly, what he used it for besides clubbing debtors with it. Karlya noticed Jibril's recoil.

Jibril: "That's not who i think it is, is it?"
Karlya, waving it off then laughs: "HA! No! Peggy got what was coming to him when he 'pegged' Ms. Alabaster's son. She lynched his ass good."

She looks around the ground at a thought.

Karlya: "Might be buried somewhere in the streets, come to think of it."
Jibril: So who's this Manny, or Mannie?"
Karlya gestures to Jibril to follow her heading east toward the former Tulip District. Karlya points out to Jibril that this district once had walls to keep out the public eyes from looking into the private lives of New Canaan's elite - once upon a time. After the mayhem, place was hollowed out and turned into tenements of cobblestone. The Hönsu Döng district, translates to "Dung Slums" as it's namesake - the tenements were meant for overpopulation control and mass housing, not quality homes. Karlya tells Jibril the refugees got put in Canaan's Folly after Heifong fell in the horde. So most of the residents are possibly former Pig-Sty residents she routinely harassed when both of them were enforcers.

Cutting through the main strip of tenements, Karlya points to all of the black handprints all over the doors and around alleyways. Few had different alterations to them, being a thief once before, Karlya answer some trivia.

Karlya stops by an alleyway with three sets of black handprints. One has a circle around it.

Karlya: "This one's a mark for undesirables. If you ever needed a place to crash to lay low after a robbery, there's a path down this way leading to the Old Quarter below us which is now the sewers. Just followed the arrow prints and it'll lead you to a Refuge. But don't ever follow the white handprints - those would be gas chambers and trap rooms. Learned that the hard way.

She turns to an eye drawn black handprint with what can be described as 'chicken scratch'.

Karlya runs a finger beneath the chicken scratch written below.

Karlya: "This is a Homer Glyph."
Jibril: "Homer?"
Karlya: "Yeah, you know the cons we used to pull on the nobles?"
Jibril: "You mean the Turtledoves and Stags?"
Karlya: "Well, I wish I was pretty enough to be a Turtledove, but that takes skill and patience. Bet you'd make a nice Stag!"
Jibril: "Uh huh, imagine me dressing like a butler and playing the part of butler for a noble. It'd be really suspicious pocketing the family jewel when you're the only Nagini there."

Karlya chuckled the teases Jibril.

Karlya: "i think you'd be smashing, may have to put a sack over your head and you'd be right as rain!"
Jibril, shakes her head: "So the glyphs?"
Karlya: "Warning signs. If a Turtledove cases a place or a Stag beds the missus then they leave these here for other thieves to watch out. Sometimes the locals catch on and use the glyphs to find a decent place to sleep or receive charity. This tenement has a few claw marks dashed here - so the Lizardfolk live here. And the parallel line across the hand means they're not friendly."
Jibril: "Anything else?"
Karlya reads it carefully.
Karlya: "Either the headhunters passed through here or someone's got marked for death - a bloody thumbprint on the eye. That's a bad sign."
Jibril: "We should just go see your friend, not looking for trouble."
Karlya: "Right, wouldn't like to get shot in the bloody face again."

Karlya takes Jibril away from the alleyway and goes further down the street on the main street and at a crossroads she turns left. Seeing an old disheveled winery further back of the complex, it's a regular bustling marketplace cobbled together!

Karlya: "Welcome to the Night Market"

The Night Market is a web of gangplanks and networks of rope bridges stretching across the blasted out or crumbling slums and connected tenements. The winery house is repurposed into an entrance downstairs while the inhabitants of the Night Market built up hovels and stalls going around the vineyard. The enclosed spacing of the tenements interlocking this part of the district with the surrounding Northern and Western ranges of the Divided Mountains, it a sort of hidden oasis of underworld mixing with the overworld. While most of the pirate lords have either been killed, drowned, murdered or otherwised gone - all the well known gangs have made their way to the Night Market.

Karlya explains the Night Market is hallowed ground and no violence can take place here or the Night Stalkers will intervene. Leyfon Drifters, Red Waves, The Chesires, The Alabasters, and surprisingly, The Silvermane's are all here. With Canaan's Folly under former Prince Renae Shurifon's control, the place thrives under the same conditions as Heifong albeit with more oversight than turning blind eyes. The enigmatic group acting as enforcers of the Night Market are the original founders that built up this part of the city from the ruins of New Canaan. Ever since then, they run the Market as they see fit - everyone pays for the convenience of the Market even the gangs and nobles.

The Night Stalkers aren't your typical mercenary or hired thug ran with a wealthy black sheep noble. These people are ruthless and methodically inclined to systemically wipe out groups of people swiftly. There's a Code if Conducts everyone follows in the presence of a Night Stalker called the Fingers.

1. Never Touch A Stalker

Karlya makes a trigger pulling gesture to her head.

2. Never Break a Pact with a Stalker

Karlya uses two fingers to slit her throat.

3. All Debts are Paid in Full

Karlya pulls out a card between her three fingers.

4. No Weapons, Magic or Hexes in the Market.

Karlya grabs the hilt of her dagger, hilt facing away from her.

5. There is No Warning

Karlya makes a trigger pulling gesture when saying the first rule.

Jibril: "So when they make a gesture…"
Karlya: "... Someone broke the rules. None of them talk - ever - but somehow someone tells them things. Nobody knows how and they only use hand gestures. Only way any of us know when to book it is to watch someone's life get snuffed out pissing off a Stalker."
Jibril: "Then how do they collect?"
Karlya: "Obviously runners and couriers. And to top it all off, their boss is a Dark Elf!"
Jibril: "Which clan?"
Karlya: "uh …"
Jibril crosses her arms: "You're telling me you been here for how long-"
Karlya: "I don't know! But the other clans listen to her. She's never too far from her sons, and they're both Hexers."
Jibril: "Great, more curses."
Karlya: "Yeah, fun, right? Anyway, we just need to-"

Karlya bumps into a man dressed in a tailored suit, not a medieval era kind and certainly not a Shurifon kind either. A bespoke charcoal suit and silk grey trousers and donning square tip leather dress shoes. Their face is obscured by a skull mask made of real bone and an air filter wedged between its teeth. The iridescent shine of the eyes glowed and the person standing before them carries a briefcase.

Karlya recoils in horror as she recognizes the one she bumps into: It's a Night Stalker!

The Stalker looked at them for a moment, Karlya petrified to move. She quickly apologized to them for bumping into them. The Stalker tilts their head to see Jibril.

Things are going to escalate.

Jibril notices the Stalker is slowly reaching into their coat. Knowing that was something a Canaanite would do if they possessed a gun. Karlya hypes up a Stalker to be a Boogeyman, what are the odds of her bumping into one? Then again, it is dark here after sundown and the light bearers haven't made their runs to illuminated the city yet. So what's the play here?

This was a simple accident and misunderstanding. How does Jibril proceed?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jibril tackle the stalker once the stalker loses his guard jibril will tightly grab their arm and continue pushing them to the wall, she then would look at the figure straight in the face and in her calmly reasonable voice." Hey now no need to be unreasonable and uncivilized me and my friend were just trying to past here so we don't want any trouble here alright."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril tackles the stalker instinctively. Jibril springs into the well dressed man while his hand was in his coat. Karlya helps by kicking the briefcase away as the Stalker drops to the ground and flails. The Stalker is lying on the ground, audible sound of a man struggling behind the mask. He throws a punch into Jibril's face that forced her off him. Stalker crab walks backwards towards the briefcase then flips over into a sprinter's crouch. He's fixing to run until Karlya shoves him into the alleyway of an abandoned tenement section. Jibril grabs the Stalker by the wrist, bends it inwards and applies pressure as she hold the Stalker's elbow behind their back in a detention hold.

Jibril continued pushing them to the wall firmly, she then whisper in her calmly reasonable voice.

Jibril: "Hey now no need to be unreasonable and uncivilized, me and my friend were just trying to past here so we don't want any trouble here alright?"

The Stalker doesn't speak but taps the wall twice. Jibril looks to Karlya for an answer, but she was too busy looking at the briefcase.

Karlya: "What's in the case?"

The Stalker just remained still and quiet, but Jibril keeps a hefty pressure on them. Given her superhuman strength blessed by Kane, her strength also translates to an impossibly strong grip when given enough effort.

Jibril: "If we let you go, are you going to kill us?"

The Stalker keeps a hand on the wall.

Jibril: "Tap two times for yes, once for no"

The Stalker taps once

Karlya: "Nonono, I don't trust that at all."

Jibril rolls her eyes at Karlya. Suspicious, Karlya reaches into the Stalker's coat to feel around for what he was reaching for. Karlya can tell from the solid piece in the ribcage area of his right side that there is something. She pulls it out, it's a gun, she takes it. Jibril releases the Stalker, Karlya has the gun and holds it sideways with it aimed at them.

Karlya: "What's in the briefcase, huh"
Jibril: "What the hell are you doing?!"
Karlya: "Five Finger rules, never touch a Stalker. You guys killed a lot of people for less so I wanna know if this case is worth kill us over it."

The Stalker slowly raised their hands before sighing loud enough to be heard. He isn't going to talk but he holds up his index finger to gesture for 1 Minute. He looks to Jibril.

Jibril: "Well I'm not the one holding the gun."
Karlya: "I swear if it's a smoke pellet or one of those flashy things, I'm going to shoot you."
Jibril: "You know I fucking hate those things. It's the smell."
Karlya: "It's hell on me breathing! Especially after chasing some pickpocket and you're already out of it, then get smashed in the face with a few of them. Feel like dying majority of the time."
Jibril: "Don't get me started with thieves."
Karlya: "What's it gonna be, mate?"

The Stalker, slowly pulling out - a handkerchief. Karlya lowers the gun.

Karlya: "Really?"

The Stalker approaches Karlya slowly with the handkerchief and he carefully keeps his other hand raised up while the other points with the hankie palmed. He points to the blood that's on her furry coat and wipes it off with the handkerchief before folding it up properly then tucks it into his breast pocket then stands At Rest position with his hands folded before him, legs squared.

Jibril recognized the pose, it donned on her that he was military!

Between the gun, the air filter, the pose and the hand gestures. If Jibril recalls, Kane mentioned there being other squads of Dark Elves besides Jaeger and Juggernaut. He said their names before but Jibril doesn't share the same eidetic memory he has. If only she remembered what their name was!

Jibril: "He's military!"
Karlya: "Say what?"
Jibril: "Look - the pose and the gun! I recognize the special unit gasmasks, although the ones I saw were better with the helmets. Not a suit."

But then … the Stalker spoke!

Stalker: "How do you know who we are?"

Jibril grabs the gun from Karlya, who is now shocked by the speaker broadcasting the Stalker's voice. Jibril remembers to flip the safety on, discharges the magazine, then slides the slider back to discharge the loaded round inside the chamber and picks it up off the ground. Jibril hands the gun back to the Stalker and keeps the bullets inside her pockets. Jibril loves her pants and the convenience of pockets! Jibril smiles and holds out her hand for a handshake.

Jibril: "Jibril of Medressa, I'm a friend of the Canaanites."
Stalker: "How do you know how to do that?"
Jibril: "With the gun? Shimbala and Greza showed me."

The Stalker is taken by surprise by this sudden development.

Karlya: "She was with the caravan from Heifong, as was I."
Stalker: "If you are friends, mind returning my case?"

Jibril grabs the case from Karyla then sets it beside the Stalker. The Stalker handshakes Jibril before releasing his grip and lifting the briefcase with his free hand.

Stalker: "I'm a courier, not an enforcer. Had you bumped into one, it wouldn't be for a petty reason nor would we be having this conversation."
Jibril: "Where's the rest of the squads? Or are you new?"
Stalker: "Courier, not one of them."
Jibril: "Are we okay?"
Stalker: "No. This bears some inquiries."
Jibril: "We don't want any trouble"
Stalker: "Not that. Who you say you are."
Jibril: "I came here with another Kane, did you happen to see a big angry beast in white bone scales?"

The Stalker was speechless, for a moment.

Stalker: "There's two Kane's?
Jibril: "Yeah, ten feet tall, female, looks scary."
Stalker: "You're not from here."
Karlya: "Yep …"

The Stalker reaches into his pockets and pulls out a coin purse with gold and silver coins in it.

Stalker: "How much is your time worth?"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Eyeing the purse jibril knows the stalker is asking for the knowledge she knows as he is willing to pay her in any amount and seeing the state of this world were everything changed when she died. She is worried about simone and karlya, hating to see them struggle just to stay alive while she lives with them adding more work and an extra mouth to feed with this luck of stroke happen she gonna take advantage of this and support her love ones through this mess." 30 gold coin for each time you need me to come with you is that a fair deal mr.stalker." Jibril reach out her hand waiting for the stalker to agree her proposal

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The Stalker weights out the coin purse then tosses the whole thing to her.

Stalker: "Done. There's enough silver and for our next meeting."
Karlya: "Holy fuck, really!?"
Jibril: "So do we leave now or do you still have to do your errands?"
Stalker: "I'm taking you to our leader with the briefcase. I happen to be going that way before this, certainly wasn't expecting this."
Karlya: "Jibby, you sure about this?"
Jibril: "Here, for you and Sim'one"

Jibril hand her the coinpurse.

Jibril: "Lead on"
Stalker: "Did you have any unfinished business?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Was gonna buy new weapons but that could wait till next time since am sure i'll make up for it later so lead me where you need to take me." Jibril turns to karlya and give her a reassuring smile and just follow the stalker

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
He holds his hand up against his helmet and presses something on it - muting himself. Apparently he's having a quiet conversation because even if he is muted, Jibril can see him bobbing his head and making body expressions that slightly move or fluctuate. The Stalker's body language, near as Jibril can tell, says he's waiting for a response and he's idling by placing his hands in his pockets. Then his posture shifts as if he picked up a call and begins moving his head more frequently but just the most subtle movements - something Jibril is used to spotting.

Karlya whispers to Jibril: "What's he doing?"
Jibril whispering back: "I think he's talking to someone over a Seer Stone."
Karlya: "How do you know?!"
Jibril: "Because i had one too before getting sucked back here from my reality. It's how they coordinate … their … teams"

Karlya and Jibril realize they're letting him contact the other Stalkers. This could be bad if he told them they assaulted him. Or he's radioing ahead to alert them as being friendlies. Either way can happen, best be cautious. The Stalker unmutes himself.

Stalker: "H.Q has been told of our arrival. Follow me."

Tightening his black necktie, the Stalker strolls out of the alleyway and pulls out a pocket watch. Checking the time, it's 6pm in the evening, but the night is young and the sunset is barely down on the seaside horizon. The Stalker pockets his watch, letting the silver chain dangle off the side, he looks behind and tells Jibril and Karlya to follow him closely. Karlya hands Jibril her dagger while Jibril returns the bow she was carrying. After a quick weapon swap, the Stalker walks towards the opening on the vineyard garden, now its a small garden of different plants than grapes.

Passing through the side entrance, the three of them appear within the entrance to a network of tunnels within the winery basement. Jibril and Karlya hear merrymaking upstairs with laughter. The winery has been turned into a bar.

When the trip get to the locked double door guarded by six Stalkers, the one leading Jibril and Karlya steps forward.

Stalker: "They're here to see the boss"
Guard Stalker: "You know the rules?"
Karlya: "I do"

Karlya hands her bow and arrows to the guard and Jibril, cleverly drops the dagger slowly behind her but grabs it with the tip of her tail as it coils around her leg. While the bow and arrows are tucked into a barrel, the guard turns to Jibril.

Jibril: "I don't have anything."
Stalker: "You can return my magazine"
Jibril: "Consider that your mistake for carrying a gun, I'm keeping it"
Guard: "Ha! She got the jump on you?"
Stalker: "Yeah yeah, laugh it up AFTER we leave. This case needs to be delivered."
Guard: "Fine. You tell your friend the rules?"

The Stalker turns to Karlya, Karlya to Jibril, everyone collectively staring at them with their guns drawn.

Karlya: "Five Fingers?"
Stalker: "and the house rules.
Karlya: "Right."
Turning to Jibril: "Gambling House, don't count cards or bring loaded dice or else. Buy something here, bring a voucher writ or else. If you want to buy something, buy at your own risk, it's a black market not a fish market."
Stalker: "Although the fish here is to die for"
Karlya: "Uh … fighting gets you kicked from the market, pulling a weapon will too, if one does break out, you better be a victim otherwise you both get kicked out."
Stalker: "And what the bosses say, goes. That's their final word. The Night Stalker own the High Table Court, they are above the other gangs. If a Lord tell you do do something, you check with a Stalker. They are not above us."
Jibril: "Got it"
Guard: "Are these two expected?
Stalker: "HQ is notified."
Guard: "Hold a moment."

They wait a few minutes before the door guard unmutes himself like their escort.

Guard: "All set then. Welcome to the Night Market, your entry fees have been waived courtesy of the boss."

The two other guardsman open up the locked entrance to the underground. When the double doors open - it was just one big open room. Karlya and the Stalker enter, Jibril follows hesitation in her step. The guards closed the doors.

The room was dark for a brief moment before a loud machine whirring to life within the walls and the platform they're standing on begins to move downward at an incline. They're descenting beneath the surface down a massive inclinator slowly rolling down a bit through the gearhead tumblers. As they descended down the inclinator, they watched the scenery open up before them.

It is a massive open cavern system deep underground with a sprawling city built into the walls. The city is so bright down here, it couldn't have been here, most of this place must be really old. When asked what this place is, Karlya answers: The Undercroft.

Before Canaan's Folly, before New Canaan, before there was a Daedran's Wrath - there was the City of Fjorna. The oldest human city lie beneath the overworld and the ruins of the old world lie dormant beneath. When Kane blew up the tunnels beneath the Scarlet Rose, it cracked a thin layer of earth that dropped part of the city underground. What they didn't recover, the Shurifon Dynasty just built over the destroyed ruins using them as a rough foundation for the surface.

When there wasn't space for refugees above, people begin building homes underground in the darkness amongst the ruins of New Canaan and Ancient Fjornia. The Night Stalkers keep security for the refugees while keeping the Shurifon Elvenfolk from causing problems down there.

Does Jibril have any questions about The Undercroft?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Tell me everything you know about the under croft I don't want to be surprise with my pants down my leg for not knowing vital information that could help me from getting myself killed or murder and maybe from getting eaten as well."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The Stalker sighs then mutes himself. Reaching to his helmet, the chinstrap is unlatched then he unbuckles the back of his helmet to loosen the mask itself. Instead of taking off the face, he removes the whole helmet to reveal his face.

Dropping out of the helmet is his hair, medium length with some unkempt helmet hair. With the dim light, it's hard for either of them to make out the color. But this Stalker that's with them is not human. Without the helmet, the long hair was parted to one side while shaved on the other. Looking at his face when brushing his hair away from his face, his skin is blackened but ink-like, glossy and has a shine to it. He doesn't possess a distinct nose, only eyes and a mouth, what he has were 6 slits running parallel to where his nose should be. His eyes were glowing when the light hit them but pitched in the darkness as the inclinator descends.

As the Stalker speaks, it's always in a monotone octave with some reverberation almost as if his voice could be altered and tuned with a dial like a radio.

"I am a Malus. You surface dwellers would call us Changelings. There are many of us but I am not one of them. I choose to be seen this way, they rather shapeshift to be more like you. They do this to blend in with your kind, enter your lives and then leave when we procreate. Our existence is limited for less and less of us are left. We don't require a great deal of understanding, we want more from life up there than we do down here. If we must breed with other races to survive, we shall.

The So'Toth, on the other hand, are greatly more difficult to understand. The Mali and the So'Toth are neighbors and yet still aren't sure what their motives are. They're like insects, bugs that are more numerous down here. Each of the Toth belong to a clutch run by their own kin but don't mistake that for familial sentiment and loyalty. The So'Toth are cruel and shrewd businessman and overzealous of the place they call The Void. Very Religious.

Will they attack you? Not outright. They prefer others do it for them, not that they will care to do anything but drink or smoke. They're more dangerous during deals and bargaining, they're very resourceful and crafty for their own good.

The Veiled are the newest addition to our city, most of them dwell under the mountains so naturally they're excellent metal workers and craftsman. You can tell they're one by the metal armor and robes. They talk through telepathy which doesn't seem to bother people or inconvenience them. Don't be surprised if you start hearing voices if you're near them, it's most likely they're talking to you specifically. They can't be heard collectively, at least, not in the same sense as we do.

The Veiled tend to keep to themselves. Talking to one requires more trial and error though. Whatever you do, don't touch anything that belongs to them. They may look flashy and passive, but they're extremely hard to kill and they are stronger than other races.

Stay within the Night Market and away from the edges of the city limits. We stay in the enclaves beyond this city and believe me when i say, you don't want to be lurking in them.

Illyads dwell down here, strong magic users, they breed by inserting parasites into your orifices and those things eat away at your brain and become something of a conduit. Soon after, you'll mutate until you're just like one of them. If you happen to be unfavorable to their parasites, you'll just be a brainless husk under their spells and necromancy. If you find a giant brain with tentacles you destroy it and/or run far from it. Those are the hiveminds. They are the source of the colony of illyads and they control their collective spawn.

We try cleansing every colony but more of them appear the more people come down here. If you spot one, kill it quickly before they hatch eggs. There's an active bounty on an infestation that mercenaries have on them both above and below. $1000 Silver for every head you collect but the hiveminds will give you a Platnium tablet or more depending on who you turn them into.

Then lastly there's the Goblins. Dwarf size, they hate them more than anything. Heard they have a generational feud with Dwarves but they're worse. Pests and vermin. Nasty things don't deserve to live. There's three things they love: Elves, women and what they do to Elven Women.

They can breed with every single race you can think of and have. Doesn't stop them from kidnapping and ganging up on people, torturing them or just using them like cattle. Zero remorse for those things. They're evil to their core even when they're born. Something about them is just wrong and they mature extremely quickly. A young one becomes an adult in a month after birth. They can get bigger the longer they live and they mutate fast to be stronger, smarter and crueler depending on who they're born from.

Kill them too, never hesitate even the little ones. Too many surface dwellers make that mistake when they see an infant goblin. Their instincts play on their innocent appearances and they prey on your hesitation to get the drop on you. But make no mistake, they will kill you if you're lucky. Women suffer the worst fates as either meat shields or hostages, mainly breeding stock to them. They'll do the same to children if they get ahold of one. That's why we don't allow kids down here. Better safe than sorry. Better a begger and dying above ground than down here in the dark."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"That's a lot of danger lurking there but am not surprise the most dangerous are place's you don't know nothing about but I digress, but if me and karlya ever go down there we'll most likely need new gear also what did you needed from me anyway?."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The Stalker returns the helmet upon their head and reattaches the buckles and latches with a notable hiss from the respirator.

Stalker: "Her, nothing. You? And this other Kane? That's something we need to look into."
Jibril: "But why, I never met you so what reason could you have for taking me to your boss?"
Stalker: "You know the Canaanites didn't all die in Canaan's Folly. Dark Elves, Human, doesn't matter to Shurifon. Any Canaanite has a bounty on their head because of Kane's influence. Because they believe every Canaanite knows something about his machines his weapons and ideas, they're priceless to the Dynasty. Too bad the people they collect aren't cooperative or know anything. From my understanding, Kane kept a lot to himself and used the people to some extent to do what he cannot do alone."
Karlya: "Sounds about right"
Jibril: "I know that feeling."
Stalker: "Rather than pass up an opportunity to learn something, I'm asking you if you can help us willingly instead of becoming another tool to be used and disposed of like the Dynasty does with us."
Jibril: "At least you're paying for my time."
Stalker: "I have a question of my own"
Jibril: "You're paying for it. Shoot"
Stalker: "Where did this other Kane come from? Is he like Alexa?"
Jibril: "Khazen if i know! He was a man before coming here until whatever magic turned he into a she! For all i know he could be a copy of a copy of a copy!"
Karlya: "Copy?"
Stalker: "Did he have other copies where you're from?"
Jibril: "Long story short, the Kane i came with had Godly magic. He used it to make copies of himself, but they're flawed. The one i came here with, I think, is the doctor."
Stalker: "This is beyond exciting"
Karlya: "First time I'm hearing about this!"
Jibril turns to Karlya: "No, it isn't. Wait. This time it is, the other you did ... Has ... This is confusing."
Stalker: "Are you a time traveler?"

Karlya gasps and eyes light up at the thought. Jibril slaps Karlya in the face and firmly tells her to stop it.

Jibril: "Ni Khazen Fah! I'm not doing this again with you."
Back to the Stalker.
Jibril: "No, that's how this happened. Different methods and two completely things. I'm not sure about how to explain that part. I'm still processing ... ALL of this."
Stalker: "Save it for the boss"
Jibril: "And she is?"
Stalker: "Considering the circumstances, I'll leave that to you as a test of yourself. Besides, I'm eager to see how this turns out."
Karlya: "Are you seriously that bored as a courier for a crime syndicate?"
Stalker: "Not at all. Contrary to the thought, i haven't been this excited to be working with anyone doing something so adventurous before! You're the first snake thing I've ever seen, and there's so many more things like you above ground. Down here it's ... Dreary? Dull?"
Karlya: "Depressing more than anything"
Stalker: "It has it's charms"

Karlya sarcastically:

"Oh yeah! I sure do hope i don't get kidnapped in my room tonight when i go to sleep! We sure wouldn't wanna wake up to have a creepy fucking bug creeping all over me. Gods forbid if i don't get raped in my sleep by a Goblin or get eaten by fucking brain parasites!!"

Karlya yells within the inclinator tunnel as it nears the end. Slowly, with dramatic effect, stopping with a heavy thumping on metal before locking mechanisms latch onto the platform and holding it into place.

Karlya's chagrin shines with a forced smile at the Stalker. Jibril looks at the Stalker then points to Karlya with her arms crossed.

Jibril: "She has a great point."
Stalker: "Yes she does. Doesn't she?"
Jibril: "Got a name? Or do i just call you Mr. Stalker? Mr. Malus?"
Stalker: "V"
Karlya: "Like ... A number? Or a letter? Does it HAVE to be vague?"
V: "Look, human-"
Karlya: "DO I LOOK HUMAN!?"
V: "You're joking, right?"
Karlya: "I'm a Half Elf! Dad was a Dark Elf, my mother was a Shurifon Elf!"
V: "That makes no sense. If both your parents are Elves then that makes you a full blooded Elf."
Karlya: "Tell that to the Shurifons!! But a human, i am not!"
V: "Certainly act like one"
Karlya: "Take it back!"
V: "Take what back?"
Karlya: "What you said!"
V: "It's been said, how-"
Karlya is getting upset again.

Does Jibril step in or watch the event unfold?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Hey now that's enough out of both of you." Jibril step between karlya and v making sure the two don't start a fight and making sure neither of them try to throw a punch at each other when they let their guard down. "This isn't the time to be fighting with each other so v just take us to your leader I still wanna collect more coins from your boss for my answer's that she want to know."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
V steps back and Karlya is held back with Jibril holding her with a firm hand.

Jibril: "Just say you're sorry and let's get this over with"
V, with sincerity: "I apologize, I mean no offense."
Karlya, lowly: "Damn right you are"
Jibril: "Enough! Let's leave quickly before we make a scene from a bad play or something witty"
V: "Ha, that rhymed"

V takes point in escorting the pair through the lift and onto solid ground. The Inclinator sets down in the center of the Undercroft. The center of the complex splits in five directions: North, Northwest, Northeast, Southeast and Southwest. This center is referred to as The Five Points because they lead to the enclaves of the other races that dwell below in the general north while the market lines those streets. The general south roads lead to the various buildings that make up the population that settled in the Undercroft from Canaan's Folly above. Southeast leads to the residencial shanties and into the walls with built-in businesses that can be seen through the carved out windows and shelters with light beaming through. Southwest holds the massive culmination of the shanty homes aptly named Shanty Town built from scrapes and stones and generally anything people could use. North is where the main strip of the major essentials stores and stalls carry their wares at. Northwest road leading into a gated off section of the community is the curios and entertainment area with better built buildings of slate stone and granite bricks. The gated section at the end of this road leads to the Malus community, the first contact point for the surface dwellers. To the northeast are the community bathhouses, opium dens and general goods and services area. This road leads to an open area of the Undercroft and ends with a massive cave opening - this cave is the entrance of branching cave networks and supposed the source of all incoming traffick of the Undercroft dwellers including the unsavory types.

While looking about, Jibril noticed a very high foot trafficking for this place with more Night Stalkers than she's seen above ground. Though, after listening to V tell about the other races, she can clearly see them in full view. There's a huge mass of insectoid creature perched on a floating pedestal holding a opium pipe in one of it's rickety digits and holding a hookah with it's other limbs as it smokes. Passing by Jibril and Karlya, another Malus pass through pardoning them for bumping into them. Then towering over some of the people are these large metallic golems completely covered from head to in a metallic exoskeleton shell and whatever their robes are covering below the waistline - if they even have waists at least. Criers call out their merchandise for the Veiled but strangely because they resonate with reverberate sound as if they weren't their voices being used. Seems they're the speakers for their stall owners or perhaps they're employees with a very specific job or partners. Meanwhile there's several people crowding a So'Toth listening to it espousing dogma about embracing the end of infinity and accepting the Void.

It's all very awe inspiring to see such a culturally mix in this melting pot of people. But where they're going, they will need to go toward the walled buildings to the southeastern section of the city. When asked where, V points to the ceiling of the Undercroft towards the biggest hole in the wall with a fantastic view overlooking the Undercroft. That was the Headquarters of the Night Stalkers.

Jibril follows V with Karlya in tow. They make for the first entrance that leads to yet another inclinator crowded with other people crammed into this lift to go into the main lobby of this megastructure. As the crowd thins out and they step off, V still remains and so too does Karlya and Jibril. As they near the top of the floors, the inclinator for this area stops.

The Headquarters of the Night Stalkers is guarded with patrolling Stalkers with some military gear over their suits and carrying guns of completely different make. There's a number of them that sparks great concern and the corridor they must pass through feels like a long hallway towards a palace with segments of their path with open rooms and no doors blocking their path. It seems this headquarters of their isn't a barracks of some kind, it's an operation center.

Jibril is floored by the Undercroft as she walks its halls and the risk she's taking walking through the city unarmed, hadn't she hidden her dagger. Though in hindsight, it won't do her much good woth some many gun owners patrolling here. V takes care of escorting Jibril and Karlya towards the end into what can be described as a overlooking chamber of the city as well as an office used by one person seated like a throne but carries a sense of business and custom. Something Jibril believes would say made Kane quite the impressionable man if someone stepped up to take his place. Strange this version of Kane, this Alexa, didn't have full control over the Undercroft. Knowing Kane's penchant for being a control freak and flair for the dramatic.

Jibril, V and Karlya stand with the "throne" room of this headquarters. Sitting at a very long desk in a tall mahogany cushioned seat sits a Dark Elf wearing a purple robe and her muscles defining her well toned frame lovingly as her bust is covered up with a white linen shirt. Her black hair is curly but kept in a ponytail her pointy ears don a row of hoops lining the edge and a diamond in each ear lobe. This woman is the boss of the Night Stalkers yet she doesn't dress like one. She is, however, very engrossed in paperwork and her assistants are ever diligent in bring her more along with sacks and chests of money and jewelry.

V clears his throat and the woman hears but doesn't stop writing in her ledger to look up.

Boss: "Speak"
V: "Courier 37, ma'am, here to deliver your package."
Boss: "Bring it here"
V: "And i bring two visitors i contacted you about"

The boss woman stops what she was writing to look up. Leaning back as soon as she sees Jibril, the woman looks to V.

V: "I wanted to see if s-she could be of us to us"
Boss, intrigued: "37, you mentioned the odd circumstances of this appearance but you failed to mention that she was a Nagini!"
V: "I didn't think that was relevant, ma'am, as much than who she knows and how."

The Dark Elf raised a very confident and reassuring smile, but it is unsettling as it has the weight of influence behind it and with so many powerful allies. This scares Jibril.

Boss: "I know who you are ... Jibril, right?"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Yes ma'am my name is jibril former knight guard of my capital now a mercenary for hire, is there anything of what I know that you need to find out." Jibril told her of her somewhat pass of her kingdom." I also know you'll be paying as well."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Boss stands up, tells the people in her office to leave. The people leave with the exception of her bodyguards and V does a curtsy bow and steps back to turn to leave. The boss, however, tells V to stop and remain with her and the others.

Boss: "Courier 37, you stay"
V: "Yes ma'am"

The dark elf walks around and slowly approaches with her hands on her side. Getting closer to Jibril, she gets within her comfort zone to examine Jibril up close and very much personal. Karlya taps her heel that Jibril senses the vibration of, she very much on edge. After being scrutinized by the woman, she steps back and relaxes her muscles and stands on one leg with a hand on her hip.

Boss: "The stories didn't do you justice, Nagini."
Jibril: "You've heard of me?"
Boss: "Although you and I never met formally - Greza, Shimbala and Kalisa spoke very highly of you."

Jibril breathes a sigh of relief.

Jibril: "Hopefully good things"
Boss: "They did. They did."
She sucks in her teeth at a thought.
Boss: "Although, Greza and Kalisa died before getting home and that stupid sister of mine Shimbala came back here empty handed."
Karlya whispers to Jibril: "I don't like where this is going, Jib!"
Boss: " Funny thing is, when Shimbala came home, she would tell me about you. Heifong and all the way to New Canaan. She was very fond of you."

Then the moment comes.

Boss: "Until Draco put five bullets into you and she buried you in a shallow grave"

All the Night Stalkers raised their assault rifles and aimed them at Jibril. Even the boss pulls out a revolver that's very familiar - the same one that put a bullet in Jibril's skull before reincarnation.

Boss: "So tell me how is it you're still alive after five years? I wanna know why you brought that fucking relic with our medical supplies and why did it cost us everything!"

Last edited:

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Well I thought v told you but I don't mind repeating myself but the reason i'm here is because i'm not from this reality where I came from I didn't die by draco, red-eye didn't turn into a litch there was no undead apocalypses and shurifon never took over and the orb that kane told me to get he just wanted the god that was in it so he can try his latest new weapon to kill it and it work but that said weapon transported us man and kane copy to the gods then lots of talking and they send us to this reality."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Boss: "You expect me to believe all of that?!"
Karlya: "I was there too, Ma'am. I saw it when it happened an helped Shimbala bury everyone. And even now, she arrived in our reality in the middle of the city center. Everyone saw them! Shurifon Guardsman were about to arrest them after appearing out of then air. The whole city knows!"
Boss: "And this other Kane!?"
Jibril: "He is now a she thanks to whatever happened to this reality's Kane that forced his transformation. And after seeing him try to use his powers, he can't, for some reason."
Boss: "So both of them are Alexa and he's powerless?"
Jibril: "If you count a giantess with anger issues and looks that can rip you apart then - yes."
Boss: "So ... You're not the same Jibril of our reality?"
Jibril: "I'm saying as far as i know, that version of me is dead and I'm the one that's alive and leave it at that because i can make heads or tails about all of this."
Boss: "So in your reality, this alternative timeline or whatever - everything is normal?"
Karlya: "She already told you, ya fucking git! Now put the bloody guns down!!"
Boss: "Watch it bitch!"
Karlya: "Oh please do, maybe I'll come back from the dead too, ya slag!"
Jibril: "Karlya, let's not put us both in a shallow grave ... Again!"
Boss: "How?"

The boss waves her gun at Jibril, demanding answers but is shaking mad.

Boss: "Tell me how it happened for you?"
Jibril: "We found Red-Eye before Maruda could suck away his magic to feed the relic. When i proposed to my friends we escape because when Draco shot me, i woke up in a new world where the day reset itself. I thought i traveled through time and because I thought it was going to happen again, we left. We killed alot of people in our escape by accident and fled to Shurifon's Capital when Shimbala and Draco pursued us. Kane found us before the others and claimed the relic for himself and spared us an execution."

Boss on the brink of tears, her voice starts to crack.

Boss: "So, Greza and Kalisa are alive?"
Jibril: "Yeah, last time we were together was when I completed The Crucible in a race against Draco. Earned his forgiveness when I fucked up. Hell, before coming here, Greza was helping me stop Helm's Deep from tearing Karlya and I apart! She tried to play Sheriff but that didn't go according to plan."
Boss: "Did she still have the-"
Jibril: "Shotgun? Yeah, she loved firing it off ever opportunity she had. Still can't think on top of her head, had me do some snooping around."

The Boss lowers her gun and it dangled off to the side. She stifled her tears and clears her throat trying not to look weak in front of the troops.

Boss: "I miss them fiercely. What i wouldn't give to see Greza's enthusiasm and Kalisa's stupid poetry."

The Boss looks back at her soldiers and they lowered their guns and put their hands into their pockets. Some look like they're weeping by their body language. Behind the masks, they're still hurting from years ago.

Boss: "So ... I guess you may be worth more than you think you do."

The Boss slides the gun into the front of her sash and holds out her hand then wiping away her stray tears.

Boss: "I'm Major Freesia Vali. Though now i suppose I'm General and Leader of the Night Stalkers."
Jibril: "I guess this means we're okay?"
Freesia: "For now. Everything wasn't your fault i suppose. I'm not quite sure what to make of this but as Kane taught us, we have to keep moving."
Jibril: "So where do we move onto from here?"
Freesia: "Depends, did V offer to pay you for your time? I have quite a few questions and things i think i can use you for"

Does Jibril want to lie or tell the truth for more compensation?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jibril tell them the truth as she needs the money if she want to survive in her original timeline by telling them all she knows.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril: "He did. But I'm not gonna spend all my time here so I'll let you ask me a few questions for my time then I'm off."

Freesia: "Fair enough, take a seat then and we'll get started."

Freesia tells one of her bodyguards to call in a Scribe to transcribe the conversation and someone quickly comes in. Jibril takes a seat across from Freesia and then the scribe that appeared, a Dark Elf with rounded rim glasses and white hair, Freesia calls her Manoi. Manoi takes a seat beside Freesia then pulls out her book and inkwell plus a quill. Dipping her quill in the inkwell, Manoi gives Freesia the okay to speak. Jibril and Freesia make themselves comfortable while Manoi records what they're saying.

Freesia: "So how much do you know or recall about home in the other world?"

Jibril: "Too broad and vague, can you be more specific, a lot has changed compared to here."

Freesia: "Of course. Everything that's relevant to Scarlet Rose and New Canaan as a whole?"

Jibril: "I've only been there for about a week and three days, after the accident with the caravan and escaping, I wasn't feeling myself. Spent a solid week asleep after I had fallen ill. The other days were more like me getting a bearing and footing with the place so there's not much I can say where everything is."

Freesia: "That's fine. So you are familiar with some of the people there"

Jibril: "Not on a personal level, no. Maybe a few names have been heard or know of."

Freesia: "Adelei? Whendry? any dark elves?"

Jibril: "Never met an Adelei. But Whendry leads a group of soldiers, Greza and Kalisa introduced me when I came to. Sisters to Simi clan, if I recall"

Freesia: "That's nice. Glad they're okay."

Jibril: "Are you looking for some closure? Is this what this is about?"

Freesia: "No. Well, yes. But that first one was more of a personal interest."

Jibril: "My time, your money."

Freesia: "Right. You escaped, do you know when you arrived in Scarlet Rose?"

Jibril: "First month of Summer, 20th day. Though, when I was conscious - 26th or the 27th."

Freesia: "Year?"

Jibril: "758 of the Imperial Calendar"

Freesia: "That's strange ... it's 763 where we are"

Jibril: "So it's not just an alternative universe, I'm from the past."

Freesia: "Goddamn it!"

Jibril: "What?"

Freesia: "I was hoping you could provide us something that would give us an edge, what would have happened if we changed sides, what if we didn't cut certain deals. But now that's fruitless! If anything, we should be telling you what to expect."

Jibril: "That's ... super helpful. But you're asking the wrong person here."

Freesia: "I'm starting to get that impression as well."

Jibril: "I'll bet my Kane would know something that your Alexa wouldn't"

Freesia: "How? I'm in a bide and maybe you were the key to helping us now."

Jibril: "Nothing says I'm useless, I'm still capable of holding my own. Certainly escape you and all of your Canaanite friends with guns hot on my trail."

Freesia: "Not only that but you're capable of reincarnation as well. Maybe it isn't totally fruitless. And there's your Kane ..."

Jibril: "What did you have in mind?"

Freesia: "Alexa sided with Shurifon, seems too good to be true that she would devote her aboslute devotion to an empire. When Scarlet Rose fell in their hands after the Undead roamed through here, everyone blamed Alexa for the fall; broken promises and she did what she could to save many if not all of us that survived. But after jumping into bed with Shurifon, in no small part by us pushing her into their graces, Alexa cut ties with everyone. Nobody has any idea what plans Alexa has nor do we have any information - she's completely tight-lipped about her ideas and plans, can't even get a spy to sit in the room to get a slight hint. As far as any of us knows, Alexa could be inventing more guns and weapons to be used against us out of revenge. War with Fjornia has backfired, Shurifon has largely controlled the Divide and pushed the humans out of Norm that were in leagues with Fjornia and Syracuse. So Shurifon is in control of Norm for the most part and stomping out resistance movements and holdouts throughout the regions."

Jibril: "Mind getting to the point, you're starting to sound like Kane"

Freesia, lowly scoffs at that comment: "I do, don't I?"

Jibril: "He meant a lot to you"

Freesia: "Before he became Alexa. Yeah. He turned us from a bunch of fucking bandits and thieves to a well oiled machine built for war, then that fuck-up with
you and the relic burned us real good."

Jibril: "So about the idea-"

Freesia: "Need you to bring us Kane to spill the beans on what we're potentially looking at."

Jibril: "Seriously? I don't like him in any reality!"

Freesia: "Love him, hate him. The only person that can give us an edge now is Alexa and she wants nothing to do with us. The only person that knows what's in Alexa's head is Kane, your Kane."

Jibril: "And why do you think he might help you?"

Freesia: "You never met me in your reality because I was living in Greyholm at the time when everything was going to shit in my absence. If it wasn't for me and Shimbala, Kane wouldn't have Scarlet Rose or the support of the Vali clan. Practically his protégé with how much he shared. Taught all of us his way of thinking and that sort of thing leaves a lasting impression when it comes in handy. Thing I learned the most from him was he values information above everything else. Since your Kane is lacking 5 years worth of information, knowledge of the future - that's very powerful information and priceless for a man like him. And if he had knowledge of the future on top of what he knows to build what you saw in just 2 years? Maybe things will go better for everyone."

Jibril: "How does that benefit you, or for that matter, me?"

Freesia: "You means besides killing you and holding him hostage? Not saying I would, but we both know it won't work - number one. Number two, we get him to let us know what he knows or can predict Alexa's next move and Kane gets his info. You on the other hand, don't suppose you're here to stay in our reality?"

Jibril: "Just arrived here and realizing we're both stuck here for the time being - Kane's probably still processing the fact he's lost his masculinity and dealing with his transformation. Last I recall, he said something about hot springs?"

Freesia: "I know what he means - the old Vali village. We have underground hot springs up and down this side of the mountain, further in the back of the old village is a cave that will take you to the public bathhouse. Can't miss it if you travel towards the cemetery and go through it to the passageway on the other side. Alexa's manor is beside the cemetery as well so probably best to avoid going near there."

Jibril: "Still haven't said what benefits me"

Freesia: "Can't give you what i don't know about you. If you were planning on staying behind, maybe I can find you some work as a Stalker. From what V tells me, you certainly have the skills but you'll be working for me and I keep a pretty tight ship. You'll be working as a strike team if you decided to stick around. But on the off chance you do manage to pull off a vanishing act out of this reality and back to where ever you came from, I can probably teach you some advance skills to take with you. Shimbala said you can handle a sidearm pretty decently but you've probably never handled a rifle or trained in operations."

Jibril: "I've got knives. Can't run out of bullets and not many people use guns outside of the Canaanites so what's the point."
Freesia: "Then what do you suggest?"
Jibril looks to Karlya and then slowly thinks of a deal for her help then comes to an idea for this arrangement.
Jibril: "Take care of my stepson, Sim'one and my friend Karlya - I'll help"
Freesia: "What kind of help?"
Karlya: "Jib?"
Jibril: "Karlya and my son have debts that need settling, set them up with a good home, give them essentials and I'll take the job."
Freesia: "That's if you get him to cooperate and here without drawing attention."
Jibril: "I agree to grab him and sit him down with you, what he does and does not say to you isn't my problem."
Freesia: "Fine. Not like we're short on coin or ingots around here, anyway. Did you mean Simone the crossdresser or Simone the fence?"
Karlya: "The Fence"
Freesia: "Hello Karlya"

Karlya looks awaywhen Freesia grins at her.

Jibril: "Can I get this deal in writing?"
Freesia: "Why? You don't trust me?"
Jibril: "Considering the deals I've had to make with Kane, I'm getting paranoid about who agrees to what nowadays."

Freesia, convinced by Jibril's wordplay: "Ah, I see. Sure. I'm have Manoi make a copy of the transcribed pages for you.

The scribe, Manoi, stands as Freesia stands and chants a spell (effingo hanc chartam / Copy this Parchment) the papers she wrote upon divide down the middle then Manoi pulls the two halves of the stack of papers until they were torn in half. The two halves grew the other halves until the stacks of papers were fully copied. Manoi gives Jibril her copy of the transcribed conversation and takes her leave. Jibril hands the copy to Freesia, Freesia takes her quill from the inkwell then marks the bottom of the page with an X then underlines her full name when she's finished then marks the page with a wax red seal using her signet ring. Freesia hands Jibril the transcribe with a second line with another X ready for Jibril to sign. Freesia extends her hand out to Jibril.

Freesia: "There you go, bring me Kane and we'll get started with your end of the deal. Deal?"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Deal and another thing mind giving a note with the direction on it don't want to end up going the wrong way." Jibril turn to see how karlya is handling of this sorta crazy day even tho we were just gonna get supplies to help us out in finding food i'm glad that am helping her and sim'one out on there financial trouble maybe soon they'll start acting out like a married couple or something.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Karlya takes Jibril by the hand and leading her out the way they came.

Karlya: "Don't worry about it, I'll show her where it is."

Freesia watches Karlya take Jibril by the hand and runs out the doorway and bumping through people walking around. Jibril, in their haste, slouching over out of breath from the sprinting, looks up to see Karlya spamming the inclinator button to descend. The gates to the inclinator slowly close and they descend down the shaft to reach the ground floor. Once the gates open, Karlya speed walks out the gate with Jibril following behind her quickly until they reach the Five Points of the central column leading back to the surface of Canaan's Folly. Karlya is having a panic attack pacing back and forth before the inclinator with Jibril taking a seat on the iron wrought made benches decorating the garden spaces.

Karlya: "What the fuck did we agree to?"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Its simple we agree to find my kane that came with me to this universe which he female now and he at the hot spring relaxing but hey look at the Brightside we're getting paid in shit ton of money for helping out and it helps out your situation as well, but if you need a minute to catch your breath and think this through then take your time am not going anywhere anytime soon." Jibril gives karlya a thumbs up reassuring her and not stress her out in anyway.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Ohoho" Karlya laughs nervously, "You think it's gonna be that easy, huh?"
Jibril: "Couldn't have been more simpler, K."
Karlya: "There's always strings attached, Jibby, always!"
Jibril: "You haven't changed at all in the oast five years it seems."
Karlya: "Yeah, well, five years will make a girl paranoid when she's seen what we've seen."
Jibril: "Relax, will you? It's just a simple meet and greet. We tell him, he goes, we spend the money i got for our time. What's there to worry about?"
Karlya: "We don't know the angle they're playing, Jibby!"

Karlya jabs all her digits into Jibril's chest.

Karlya: "Did you even realize we could be starting another war here? That this will end up exactly like the last time we made a deal with those assholes!"
Jibril: "We have a written agreement"
Karlya: "Yeah which means shot to anyone but those two it was meant for. Who the nine hells is gonna contest to what we're doing if we follow through on our deal? Or she bothers to go through with it! We don't know!"
Jibril: "All the more reason not to panic over it and just have a little faith."
Karlya: "Easy for you to say."
Jibril: "What's that supposed to mean?"
Karlya: "Im not you!!"

Her shout was heard, everyone stares at them then turned back around to ignore them while other go about their business.

Karlya: "I can't just hit a button to make all of this go away! There's no spell that can put me back together again like you can after they use me up and chop me up into tiny little pieces for helping you! Fuck, Jib!"