[Continues] Morcrux Campaign: Tale of Two Scales

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril looks at pile of goo and then looks at the chest; afar, alert and aware, her caution brings to mind that it was damp and had an undamaged lock. How in the world is that thing not being eaten away by the acidic goo? She looks around for a loose rock and finds one to throw at the chest. A fist size stone filled her hand, taking aim with her foot sliding back behind her ready to run for it back down the tunnel she came from just in case her theory is correct. She hurls the stone at the chest, hearing the thunking sound of it making contact then she sees the chest begin to move with alarming speed. The wood of the chest splinters and snaps in two to form a large mouth and from the inside of the chest a swarm of tentacles flies out to snatch the stone from the ground and recalls the wrapped up stone into the wooden maw. The living chest closes the wooden teeth around the stone and it then breaks it's wooden form to change it's hardened shape and turn into a large sickly brown pile of goo. The slime form of the chest confirms Jibril's suspicion: It was a Mimic!

Jibril breathes a sigh of relief as she nearly planned to open the chest out of curiosity! She watched for a moment as the Mimic sits in place before it slithers across the ground dragging slime piles behind it. The stone she threw at it came out of the Mimic turning into a rotten charred pile with a film of the acidic slime. So ... this entire tunnel is filled with this Mimic's poop?!

Well if she wants to move forward, she'll have to fight the mimic or backtrack back the way she came towards the opposite path.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Seeing what happen jibril look for another loose stone that fits in her left hand she also take out her scimitar to battle the mimic once the tentacle wraps itself around the stone, she would see this as a chance of opportunity to slice it's tentacle off making it a blind animal that would be easy to kill and she would be able to move forward.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril watches the Mimic shifting away from her as it expels the stone she threw. Jibril crouches down and shifts her weight to distribute it around the piles of acidic slime shit with her foot placement limited in a small space. She observes the mimic as it moves around on little nubules that crawl and roll in on itself like tiny little legs while it maintains its old chest form moving to a different corner of the room. It appears to be blind as she moves, the tentacle that latched on the stone piqued her interest, perhaps that's a good move. If she times this right, she can get the mimic to snatch the stone, cut the tentacle off, leaving it defenseless while she stone hops on free patches of ground before her without stepping on acid piles while juggling her movement around the mimic to avoid being eaten. She slowly unsheathes her scimitar, a top heavy blade best used for slashing but the weight of it would leave her unbalanced if she weren't proficient with it, still if she uses it, her blade may be useless if the acid stays on her blade too long. She needs to get to the summit of this mountain and take the Guild by surprise if she's going to stop Karlya from ruining her chance at freedom.

Picking up a stone, she crawls on all threes with her fourth hand holding the scimitar behind her with a cocked swing waiting to strike while she navigates quietly around the mimic's lair. Within seven feet, she hurls the stone with a quick response from the mimic slingshot its tongue towards the stone and reels it in before touching the ground. A second was all she needed to slash the tentacle tongue. Severed. The tentacle drops, the Mimic snarls as it hobbles towards Jibril. Jibril uses her long coachwhip like tail to slap the mimic aside while she wall runs off to her right then flings herself to the exit and rolls to her knees before looking behind her to see the mimic sprouting a cluster of more tentacles and hobbles slowly towards her. Jibril looks ahead and sees that she need to make a decision to go left or right, she hears loud moaning to her left while the small, coning corridor is just small enough to evade the Mimic and secure her safety.

Jibril decides to crawl towards the right path and drops to her belly as she gets into the small crevasses and wedging herself between the walls until she enters a vertical tunnel leading up amongst naturally formed spire of brittle looking rocks aged by time in the cold, damp caves. She looks up and climbs a short way. Five feet off the ground, Jibril has her hands buried in the stone holds and looks around to find a very narrow ledge circling the rim midway up the climb and long jagged ledge several feet up above that narrow ledge then a curving tunnel shifting at a slant angle which means she could slide to her death if she isn't prepared to make the journey upwards. The sheer vertical drop from where she is means it would have to be a one-way trip to the surface of the mountain, going down would result in a similar accident and, lest she reminds herself: she's alone and nobody is coming to rescue her.

Keeping this in mind, Jibril abandons this path and notes that this is a possible escape route!

Jibril rolls onto her rear-end and slowly crawls down the side of the small ledge she rested on and peeks through the wedged path she crawled through and notes that the Mimic is still roaming the forked path. Jibril looks at her scimitar and sees that the blade is corroded and rusting from the acid. Ripping up her thick coat, she wipes off the acid and cleans off any that got on her and throws the refuse on the ground against the wall and hope that her sword does break from continued use. Thankfully, her scimitar is very thick, durable for that to happen and it would take a decent blacksmith to chip off the rust and restore the weapon with a sharper edge the next time she's back in the city without hassle.

Preparing herself mentally for a second encounter with the mimic, she squeezes herself through the gap only to stop as she felt lightheaded. She shouldn't have ate so much, she's feeling queasy!

Jibril holds back until she's through to the other side. The mimic was waiting for Jibril!

Tentacle spring for Jibril, Jibril leans to the side, falling into a rolls on the ground narrowly avoid the three pronged tentacle slingshots heading straight for her torso. Quickly rolling to her feet with her tail to force her up quickly, unfortunately, the long tail Jibril has was just long enough for the mimic to latch onto as she sprints for the opposite path. Jibril is snared!

Jibril knew this would happen to her one day, either a thug on the streets or a fucking dragon or maybe one of the Tau, but never expected a mimic to be this much of a nuisance! It may have been an error of judgment going this way but the other way could kill her if she tried, at least here she has a chance of surviving a mimic attack than a sheer fifty feet fall to her death. Still Jibril struggles to pull her tail free, the second the mimic holds onto her she can feel the tingling of her tail quickly digesting from the acidic fluids of the tentacles seeping onto her scales. It starting to burn! Jibril can see the mimic roll the multiple rows of teeth grown around the lips of the chest rim and the tentacles swirling around in its maw - oh no. It's going to attack!

Jibril clenches her teeth and digging her nails into her tail until it bleeds but the suction cup hold of the fourth tentacle has a firm grip on her, her tail where the acid was eating was tearing through the scales and flesh exposing her muscle and fat. Jibril shrieks in rage and agony as the mimic aims for Jibril for it's next attack. Jibril panic but makes the life and death decision to sever her tail to save herself from being eaten alive.

Jibril swings her scimitar at an angle just to cut where the tentacle has her then - whistling followed by a wet, hacking sound.

Jibril is freed, screaming as she runs towards the left path towards the moaning sounds. Jibril grinding her teeth as her tail reels into the mouth of the mimic and it devours it happily while it hobbles away back to the lair content with having a hardy meal. Jibril finds herself extremely angry and the adrenaline rush surging to where she dulls the pain. Looking around the path she run into, she looks for something to use to beat the fuck out of that mimic for eating her tail in her blind rage!

Looking for a huge rock, a oil flask, something! But the minute she looks around the ground she sees slime ... lots of slime, she follows the trail and looking at a large pile of slime covered egg clutches. Jibril is aghast by the numerous egg clutches piled up around her, these eggs are the size of a large dragon egg for gods' sake! Whatever made them has to be around, but she reme- there it was again!

Jibril staggers around the egg clutches holding up her tail stump and wrapping it with a unsterilized wet bandage as best as she can. She's bleeding profusely and the blood loss is starting to impact her cold resistance (or lack thereof). She followed the sound to a large cobbled together nest of stones where there's ... webbing? Oh no. This is an arachnid nest too?! She sees that the nest has someone mummified in sheets of spide webbing. They're alive because she sees that they're shifting and worming slowly in their cacoon. Jibril shushes the person within the cacoon to stay quiet while she gets them out.

Jibril uses her sword to cut through the stale spider husk and pulls it apart until she hears rocks shifting above her. Jibril swings her sword, a faint whistling towards the sounds behind her to a moment making sure that the coast was clear then looks above her knowing spiders avoid the ground, unless they're Trapdoor Spiders ... in which case ... better keep cutting ...

Jibril sheathes her sword and helps the struggling person free who bursts out of the cacoon covered in spider silk and bursting out with a loud gasping and heavy breathing. The woman fall on top of Jibril and they both fall to the ground. Jibril looks up to see: Karlya!
Karlya is dressed in very tight-fitting brown light leather armor with ropes, a dagger and her red hair tussled and covered in silk and a few large bits of husk stuck, her freckled face looking back at Jibril astonished and surpraised to see her.

"Jibby?!" Karyla shouts.
"Thank the gods, you're okay" Jibril exhales, body going limp from Karlya's weight on top of her.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Karlya you wouldn't believe the hassle I had to do just to find you I even lost my tail to a mimic like a fucking beginner adventurer and I am bleeding out of my tail so please tell me you have some medical equipment to patch this up." Jibril show her cut off bleeding tail to karlya thinking she could do something. Jibril still kept her guard up making sure nothing sneak up on her and karlya, "Knowing you I bet your not interested in leaving this place until you find what your looking for I can help you also once we reach somewhere safe I have to tell you a proposition kane offer us so we won't go to jail."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"What? Slow down!" Karlya climbs off Jibril and helps her to her feet after knocking her to the ground.
Jibril grabs her scimitar and uses it like a crutch until she's fully up then slowly straightens up then realizing that her adrenaline high is wearing off and the surging pain is rushing back up her spine. Jibril's tearing up and hyperventilating as she reaches behind her and pulls away to find blood covering her entire hand.
"Shite! Your tail!"
Karlya stares at the arm length stub of where Jibril's tail once was and starts tearing apart the seams where Jibril had been using to bandage her tail as best as she could.
"The bloody fuck are you doing here?" She scolds while simultaneously making a reach for one of her pouches to remove a flask.
She grabs Jibril's hand and pulls her away from the nest and head straight for a small boulder nearby clear of any eggs and tells Jibril to lean up against the boulder out of sight of any lingering threats while she bandages Jibril's injury. Jibril clenches her teeth, holding her sword tightly off to the side ready to swing at the first thing to get within reach.
"I came looking for you. Asked around, some people said you were looking for the Thieves Guild and I tracked you to Shadow Cove only I had to take a detour to Helm's Deep. Between the rumors of a sunken treasure, you being a pirate, it sounded like something you'd jump at a chance for. Found a tunnel beneath the mountains, figured it would lead me beneath the Guild's headquarters. Got stuck halfway in and found myself down that tunnel where a mimic was lurking."
"Uh-huh, catch a lucky break, heard you screaming and thought the broodmother snatched ya up for her young." Karlya says, conjuring up a flame spell than forming a fireball. Karlya pulls out her dagger with leather wrapping on the hilt and shoves it into Jibril's mouth.
"This is gonna hurt like a sonabitch" Karlya says, "Ready"
"uh-uh!" Jibril says weakly.

With a searing sound and the smell of cooked flesh, Jibril bites down hard on the hilt with tears rolling out of her eyes and shrieking loudly that could wake the dead. After a minute of cauterizing the open wound, Karlya uncorks the flask in her hand with her teeth then splashes the alcohol within on it which spurs Jibril to unleash another wave of wailing and whimpering as Karlya finishes patching up Jibril's tail with clean wrappings using the last of her alcohol. Jibril is petrified in place unable to move. Karlya whips Jibril around and gets under her thick coat and warms Jibril up with her own body heat feeling her shivering from both the pain and the cold numbing up her fingers and toes through the wet clothing barely dry enough to insulate.

"You're gonna catch a death" Karlya says with the heat of her breath hitting Jibril in the face, she might've have swig of the booze before emptying it out.
"Thank you, Jibril" Karlya wraps her arms around Jibril tightly embracing her. "I was so scared I was gonna die here."
"Well ..." Jibril embraces her friend's very warm embrace before whispering, "If we don't get back to Scarlet soon, we both might be facing the death sentence."
"I know" Karlya answers, "That's why I'm taking the treasure and giving the guild master the fistin'! This is all we got, I don't find it, I'm dead anyways."
"Karlya! I came here to tell you that you don't have to!" Jibril interjects.
"What ya mean I don't have to?" Karlya ask confused by this surprising revelation.
"The Survey Corp is our way out, Kane promises a pardon if I get you, Jimmy and the others to join up." Jibril replies, finally.
"I'm not some squire or whore, they wanna hire us out to use as target practice for their metal blasters, that's your business. I'll take what I can and make tracks while I still got breath in me lungs!"
"You're not listening, I'm going to help you get both" Jibril answers.
Karlya is stunned.
"Y-you are?" Karlya answers perplexed, "Even if I'm not interested in taking the deal?"
"Get the treasure, sign the deal, all of us ditch the Survey Corp the first chance we get without getting killed, we'll be free!" Jibril answers.
"Ya know ... I like that plan" Karlya says thinking about it rubbing up and down Jibril's back with her hands then latching them together at the wrist behind Jibril's backside. "You think it will work?"
"It has to. Kane says it will work and he wrote the laws, hasn't broken his word so - there's that. If we get both, nobody will come after us and maybe we can sail off to an island or something, live like queens."
"Oh, so now yous a pirate now? Hahahaha, I'm starting to rub off on ya!" Karlya is smiling brightly, "You got yourself a deal, lass! Let's get this treasure and beat it before the hungry bitch comes back."

Does Jibril wanna ask Karlya some questions, like how did she get down here or what sort of equipment is she packing?

Or

Does Jibril want to focus on forming a strategy plan on their current situation?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Alright lets get our bearing straight, what items do you have karlya and i'll show you mind as well." Jibril remove herself from karlya warm embrace and show the item she bought from town while also showing the items she got from kane, that she brought with her." Once we know what we have we can make a solid strategy that will keep us alive until we find that treasure and get out of here safely without me losing anymore body parts as is."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril removes her potato bag and drops it on the ground then peeks around the corner to towards the ceiling. She keeps a look out while Karlya sits on the ground and lays out her tools and equipment along the ground on top of the sack used as a blanket right next to Jibril's things.

Jibril's Inventory:
- Medressa guard outfit with purple sash.
- Shortsword
- Skeleton Keyring
- 70 Silver Coins
- 7 Throwing knives.
- A Cloak
- Lantern filled with Glowing Stones (no Oil)
- A Thick Fur Coat (2nd was torn and consumed for kindling and bandages)
- Porcelain Doll with Expensive Drider Silk (For mending Invisibility Cloak)
- Flint and Steel
- A Bedroll
- Dwarven Runic Bracelet (Broken)

Karlya's Inventory:
- 20 Feet of thin hemp rope
- Iron Dagger w/ Leather Hilt
- Empty Flask
- 2 Smoke Bombs
- Flint & Stone
- Arcanist's Stone
- Face Mask
- Knife Belt with 4 Throwing Knives
- Iron Shortsword
- 1 Smoked Jerky
- Grappling Hook
- Empty Coin Purse
- Strange Necklace

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jibril see something and ask karlya about it." Hey karlya whats up with these stones you have do they do anything that could help us out with our situation?"

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"What, this?" Karlya picks up the large stone the size of a fist glowing a bright blue color.
"Yeeeesssssss, that stone!" Jibril says.
"Arcanist's Stone. I forget you're not from around here." Karlya says matter of factly. "It's a Channeling tool, helps focus magic. It's like a sorcerer's familiar, or a mage's wand, only you can find these rather commonly in caves."
Karlya picks-up Jibril's lantern which are very similar to her one stone.
"You've just found a bunches of these?" She asked.
"Down in one of the holes where I climbed out of, there's a underwater cave filled with these lining the walls. Had to make a fire when i came up from Helm's Deep."
"Quite the swim. These are really valuable despite how common we find these." Karlya jokes, "And you just ... found a motherlode by accident"
"If I was so lucky, I'd have my tail" Jibril groans.
"Well, if the treasure is shite, least we know where to snatch more of these stones." Karlya snickers.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Well with this stuff am sure we won't get eaten by wild animals from the wood, jibril say in a sarcastic tone, but this will have to do." Limping on karlya shoulder for support jibril look around she didn't see any enemies near them but still keep a vigil eye on them." Hey karlya do you know which direction we need to go to find the treasure?"

Last edited:

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Hey karlya seeing as there are a lot of eggs here why don't we collect them and put them in one single pile, then you can use your magic and set them on fire it would probably be a good safe bet so we won't have to worry about the li'l bugs hatching and try to eat us whole." The two get to move on the with the plan dealing with the spider egg's setting them in a pile like jibril suggested she wait for karlya to do her magic thing and watch her set the unhatched eggs light up in a crimson flame while watching jibril leen on karlya for support and ask her whats with her strange necklace she have? "Hey what's up with your necklace you have in your inventory? is not curse is it, jibril worry for karlya as she told her about the bracelet she bought from that small town she was in and how it almost transform her if it wasn't for red-eye's dwarven bracelet to help her."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril leans away from the side of the boulder and looks back to Karlya who took stock of their equipment and gear. Karlya picks up one of her throwing knives when Jibril looked at her, hovering the blade over the rest as a pointer.

"So we have rope, a few smoke bombs ... a few of my own ... and the last of my booze." Karlya informs, dropping her knife and sheathing her dagger just above her shortsword behind her back.
"You know where this treasure is?" Jibril asks, groaning as she sits on her knees. Uncomfortable with that fact that she doesn't have to maneuver her tail around her backside anymore; her sitting posture is so wrong and unsettling.
"Guildmaster says it should be down here. But the moment i came back where you came from, I got jumped by a Wraith Spider, woke up in those things." Karlya answers.
"How did they talk you into doing this job?" Jibril says shivering in place.
"Garrett found me at the Broken Fist. Said he had a job for a Cambiar, and the person i told you about - Tonfa? She put in a word for me. Job was to open the bloody locks and stakeout the sunken ship in the chamber beneath the hideout, whatever I find, I get half. Problem is I knew about the stories about the Sil'noch and that's one the only ships not salvaged from the seaaround here so he's sending me on a hunt for a haunted ship."
"The nine hells is a Cambiar?" Jibril asks confused by the term.
"Sea Mages, roughly. You knew I was at sea but never said anything else before. Cambiar were hunted back in the old days, there's so few of us left so I'm a rarity around here. I mainly conjure wind based magic, a few weather spells and very minor elemental magic like Igni."
"Seeing as how we're sitting in a nest that could hatch any time. Mind putting those spells to a test?" Jibril suggests looking over her shoulder, flicking out her tongue and noting a faint heat signature.
"It still creeps me out you keep doing that" Karlya interjects.
"Do what?" Jibril says taken aback by Karlya's comment.
"You flicking your tongue out just before something bad happens, it's like you know what's about to happen."
"Just like your ears flicking up when you hear something?" Jibril quips.
Karlya cups her elvish ears into half folds.
"They do not!" Karlya says with a blush, "Fine let's burn the eggs. Rather be doing that then end up somebody's lunch!"

Karlya grabs her things and sheath them into their scabbards and pouches, Jibril does the same and sees that the strange necklace sitting on the bag. She picks it up.

"What's this? I never seen you wear jewelry before." Jibril states just before Karlya snatches it up from her friend's hand.
"Uh-uh, it's mine and no touchie!" Karlya scold.
"Well what is it?" Jibril asks.
"Family heirloom" Karlya replies.
Jibril plants a hand on her hip and cocking it to the side not believing it for one moment.
"Uh-huh" She says sarcastically.
"What?"
"I don't believe you" Jibril calls out her bluff.
"I don't take it out often, I keep it under my bandana. though" Karlya loosens up her leather chest piece's lacings then letting out a sigh of relief. "Believe it or not, this is not very comfortable to wear. I didn't start carrying throwing knives until you came along, even carrying two weapons like you do."

Karlya talks and walks with Jibril as they start shovel their hands into the egg clutches and tossing them into the web nest where Karlya was trapped in amongst the other mounds of eggs. Karlya moves to the northeastern wall and hacks some of the webbing to cut the hanging sacks of eggs off and kicking them into the big pile. Jibril uses the webbing to tie the eggs and making a stick satchel to scoop the slime covered eggs into one pile before rolling them up and setting them into wet bundles of oozy silk. The endeavor took them ten minutes of stacking and another ten minutes for cleaving and hacking away at the egg sacks and clearing the entire room of the eggs and having them sit against this one huge wall. After cleaning up the mountain of eggs, Jibril and Karlya step back to appreciate the quick work.

"This is gonna stink" Jibril comments.
"Great! Now you tell me" Karlya say just donning on her, "We better find a hiding spot when the broodmother comes back, too"
"My hiding spot is full of water so, can't go back that way." Jibril answers.
"Can't go back up the way I came, tunnel caved-in on the way down" Karlya replies.
"Then the tunnel pass the mimic (khaz'leh!) is the only other option. I didn't scout out ahead to find out but i did see a white chalk marker."
"That's probably from Jarvis, the scout Garrett sent to map out these tunnels." Karlya informs her.
"Think they're still alive?" Jibril asks.

Karlya shook her head.

"Hasn't reported back in months, could be dead or moved on. Either way, we're on our own." Karlya replied, taking a deep breath.
"Ready for this?" Jibril asks, unsheathing her scimitar.
"Nope" Karlya says, flat hand gesture towards the mountain of eggs. She yells: "Ignis Bene, Gehanna!"

Three magical seals appear, a small, medium and large aligned seals glowing crimson red slowly turn until they spun faster as a spark of a flame bursts from the large seal bounces through the medium seal spins faster then pierces through the small seal and erupting into a large blue flame that ignites the mountain of eggs. Instead of a slow burning of eggs, the smell of burning hair and popping of crispy eggs. The two adventurers were greeted by a enormous molten slag of lava, melting the eggs and slime down to smoldering rocks and ashes in moments and the initial huge bursting of the molten goo flashes back towards them covering the ground and slathering the walls like a mosaic of blue lava and charred egg shells. Karlya looks to Jibril wided-eyes.

"I ... I didn't know I could do that before" Karlya says shocked.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jibril is surprise by how powerful the spell karlya cast she couldn't help but asked her if it was those glowing rocks or the necklace she has that gave her the oomph." Guessing from your reaction this is the first time you cast something powerful so was it the glowing magical rocks or the jewelry thats giving you the boost, please tell me it's not cursed also I know this is a bad time to ask this but you don't mind training my son on how to be a good housewife do you cause am sure he not that interested in going and finding adventure's like his brother."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril looks at the glowing necklace around Karlya's neck and the Arcanist's stones within Jibril's lantern working in tandem of each other, she is no more than six ffet away from her for the lantern to activate and channel Karlya's spells. So as long as Jibril is close to Karlya with her lantern, Karlya's spells are vastly charged! Good to know. But that necklace of Karlya's worries Jibril.
"Are you sure that thing of yours isn't cursed?" Jibril says brushing off the molten slag off her coat.
Karlya looks down at her necklace and noticed that it glowed just briefly before dimly fading.
"It never done that before" Karlya turns back to Jibril, "I swear it isn't cursed. But now that I'm seeing it, I don't really know what it does. I assumed it was just a family heirloom."
"Maybe we should, I don't know, use it sparingly? I had a waterbreathing amulet earlier, if it wasn't for the runic bracelet Red gave us, I'd be dead. So since both of them broke, we have no protection from whatever your jewel holds."
"Probably a good idea, at least until i can get it appraised." Karlya agrees, begins untying her necklace and wrapping up into a ball and tucking it into one of her pouches.

Suddenly a faint shrieking came from the mimic lair that Karlya heard but was too faint for Jibril to hear, Jibril only sees Karlya's ears flick perking up noting a sound. Jibril flicks out her tongue and that faint heat signature from earlier is growing like a thumbprint in the back of her mind to the size of coin purse very rapidly. Karlya and Jibril looked at each other in they eyes.

"You sense it too?" She asked.
"Must be the broodmother" Jibril replied, "Think a mimic will handle it?"
"Knowing that it's still alive after all this time, I think they're co-dependent on each other. We're their meals."

Jibril turns away from the exit where the mimic returned to staring back at Karlya, but just over Karlya's shoulder - a strange curvature on the wall where the mountain of eggs once stuck too has revealed something. Jibril unsheathes her scimitar and Karlya turns back just as Jibril walks past her to begin clearing the debris and scorched carcasses left behind from the slag pile.

"What are you doing? We have to make tracks out of here!" Karlya shouts;.
"There's something here" Jibril says cleaving the wall and revealing more smooth stone fixtures hidden by ashes and scorched sticky webbing.
"Fuckin hells" Karlya removes her short sword and quickly helps Jibril remove the debris until finally they've uncovered what lies beneath it all.

A large sanguine door. A black door with three rings and a circular tablet slot that a disk may fit inside it. Each ring has a symbol six segments per ring with a total of 216 possible combinations but only one missing tablet looking key that is preventing their entry and escape from this trap.

"There's no way we're gonna be able to get through this door in time" Karlya grunts heaving a large slab of melted hide off the wall.
"There's got to be a clue somewhere, some pattern" Jibril says looking at the symbols closely and turning the rings with her hands to note the symbols.

A Moth, Serpent, Fish, Oxner, Fox, and a Lion. The same set of symbols on the second ring and third ring as well. It's a combination lock as well as a key mechanism. The keyhole must be a fail safe to enter the chamber or, it's a dummy lock and it could trigger another trap.

"Jibril we gotta go now!" Karlya warns Jibril, they're on the clock and they need a quick hiding place that the broodmother will not easily get to them both.

What shall Jibril do?
Does she work on the door's puzzle and hope to unlock it in time?
/or/
Does she attempt to hide with Karlya?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jibril choose to leave the mysterious door behind and follow karlya, not wanting to deal with the mimic and the brood mother of those spider eggs." Hey karlya we should find a good hiding place where they won't reach us and with my tail being eaten by the mimic am sure it could smell me so we can't hide where there's an open area so we should fine a small place that fit both of us to hide in." Jibril told karlya of her thoughts while following her sh also kept a good look out making sure to help find a good hiding spot to hide from the pursuers, making sure not to lag behind.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Okay, let's go" Jibril tells Karlya.

The two adventurers take to the escape route entry between the narrow passageway. Jibril goes first before moving on, the mimic is still in its lair digesting the tail as i gnaws on the bones with it's wooden teeth. Jibril hisses lowly at it before gesturing Karlya to follow her, keeping an eye on the faint heat signature. Flicking her tongue is quick succession, the broodmother is approaching quickly that she can smell it very close. Jibril smells the air once more when it became eerily quiet as the two sneak through the narrow passageway.

Jibril crooks her head to the side to look directly above her.

It's the Broodmother!

Ten feet of monsterous white furry hide and same number of legs drops down from the ceiling with thunderous drumming on sand and stone. Jibril shoves Karlya through the narrow passageway quickly to evade the broodmother while Jibril distracts the broodmother. Karlya collapses on the other side of the passage when she quickly flips onto her side to see Jibril alone against the Wraith Spider: a lethal and tough trapdoor type spider species growing between 8 to 15 feet tall and 16 to 30 feet wide with a stinger the size of a bastard sword capable of delivering neurotoxin that induces paralysis and respiratory failure in higher quantities, even death.
With the Wraith Spider looming over Jibril, its thorax is exposed but then she sees it unsheathe its stinger that pulsates with the intent to envenomate Jibril. Jibril uses her superior reflexes and agility to sway her body side to side, rolls to her shoulder into a backwards roll followed by a slide to the left facing the stinger and pushing herself in direct face to face contact with the wraith spider itself. The spider lunges at Jibril with her mandibles and Jibril grabs onto them to prevent seizure and forcing it back ... forcing it to its hindlegs and a few feet away. Karlya crawls back through to help but see that Jibril is actually forcing the spider to back down with incredible strength!

"Jibril, I'm here! What do I do?!" Karlya shouts.

Jibril is gritting her teeth and thinks on her wits while holding off the broodmother. If they fight, either one of them will be killed. Going back they way she came, they have a chance of making it home free but the freezing waters might kill Jibril this time without the dwarven bracelet and the waterbreathing amulet. The sheer climb into the narrow passagway is a one way trip with the loose rocks. Looks like they don't have a choice: they're abandoning the treasure and make a retreat back through the cathedral waterways. It's reliable, safer from the spider and the mimic with a familiar risk to it. If Karlya can pull Jibril out of the water and restore her warmth in time before hypothermia sets in, they'll live.

"Down the tunnel, there's a-" Jibril is interrupted by the jerking motion of the wraith spider swinging her head to the side to shake Jibril off.

Jibril digs her feet in and digs her nails into the tough hide then forcing her weight into the mandibles to get the broodmother under control as it tries to strike at her with its stinger. Karlya jumps in and flings an igni spell of fireball at the broodmother's legs to stagger it, it does so. The broodmother collapse on the one leg that was scourched by the fireball and Jibril forces the spider onto that particular leg with her supernatural strength.

"There's a cave in the wall, small hole, get in. Be ready for a tight squeeze!" Jibril yells.
"Got it, I'm going ahead to clear the way!" Karlya shouts of the grawling and hissing of the spider brood.

Karlya turns towards the mimic in the tunnel and approaches it quick muttering incantations under her breath. The mimic turns towards Karlya in mid-feeding and spits out the dissolved bones of Jibril's tail. It begins to sprout tentacle arms then contorts to form rudimentary arms to help it move more quickly. Of course, Karlya was ... overzealous of the fiendish creature hurting her friend. Karlya casts Hellfire on the insignificant mimic - ashes and the tunnel is cleared of all of the acid piles, only scorched earth remains. Karlya yells out to Jibril.

"Jibby! We're clear!" Karlya generates a fireball in both hands and hurls one at the broodmother bearing down on Jibril, it nearly forcing her to her knees.

Jibril twists the mandible hard enough with all the torque she can muster to rip the damn thing off. The mandible snaps off like a twig and with a dagger hold, Jibril plunges the sharp mandible into the face of the broodmother's eyes, blinding it. Jibril ducks as the broodmother lunges its mouth at Jibril's head when she struck it and crawl on all fours to escape. Jibril quickly crawls away and then hurries to the tips of her toes running into a full sprint after Karlya. The two meet inside the tunnel with Jibril running and removing her satchel and reaching behind Karlya utility belt to grab the rope as they run towards the escape shaft that Jibril climbed out of at the start of the cave network. Screeching to a halt, Jibril removed the satchel and stuff the porcelain doll inside the thick coat and ties the rubbish of the second coat inside as well. Wrapping herself up tightly and insulating herself as best as she can while still trying to fit into the small cavern, Karlya is confused.

"Will we fit?" Karlya panics.
"I'm leaving these here. I gotta protect myself from the cold. I'm going to have to trust you to pull me out if I pass out, K" Jibril explains, tying the knot tightly and feeling nauseating. "We got one shot at this. I get too cold, I will die"
"You gotta be kidding me. How far is it to this place?!" Karlya is under a lot of pressure to step up with the broodmother charging in the tunnel after them.
"Go! Go! Go!" Jibril removes Karlya's cloak and throws it away then shoves Karlya quickly down the hole as the broodmother is ramming against the walls of the tunnel in a rampage.

Karlya goes head first into the tunnel and slides on through with Jibril packing herself tightly into the hole after her. Jibril is stuck with the doll pressing uncomfortably on her stomach. Jibril climbs out and removes the head of the doll and keeps only the drider silk hair pieces and tosses the doll at the broodmother thrashing about and hearing the shattering of the porcelain made a good distraction to allow her to empty the wool and excess linen from the second coat enough to allow Jibril to squeeze through quickly and with ease. Sliding into the hole, Jibril slide a third of the way down before catching a face of Karlya's leathery cladded ass and Karlya's face dunking into the water pool leading into the water caverns below. Jibril is wedge inside the tube leading to the small air pocket room with Karlya taking up the rest of the space and head submerged in water. Karlya swings off to the side and Jibril slides between Karlya's legs smooth like and Karlya pulls her head of of the water with her red hair completely soaked and covering her face. Karlya coughs up the water in her lungs and sinuses before collecting herself, parting her hair to the side and seeing Jibril all wrapping up like a burrito between her legs stirs a laugh.

"You weren't kidding about it being a tight squeeze!" Karlya jokes.
"I'm cramping" Jibril groans weakly.
"Okay, how far in is this tunnel going?" Karlya asks.
"Three chambers, hard to tell how far, but it is deep where we are, there's drawings, hieroglyphs or something in the church that lead the way. Follow the pictures and go that way"

Jibril gestures in the supposed direction she guesses she came from. It was all a blur after she had blacked out from the hypothermia midway in here. Karlya shifts around to get over Jibril, Jibril crawls out from between Karlya until both are lying beside each other.

"Hate to leave that treasure back there" Karlya moans, lying her head on her extended out arm.
"We'd both be killed, or eaten. I wasn't expecting a giant bug to be here nor you trapped in its web." Jibril quips.
"I'm sorry about your tail" Karlya apologized.
Jibril says nothing on that comment.
"We need help, there's no way only the two of us are going to pull this off without it. I said I would help, I meant it." Jibril remarks.
"But not at both of our expense ... I know" Karlya answers, he pauses for a moment.
"Jibril ... Thanks. I wouldn't be here without you" She finally answers.
"You're my friend" Jibril replies.

Letting the moment settle before pressing on. Karlya removes her amulet and wraps the band around her wrist and presses the pendant against Jibril's chest.

"Tactus Caloris" Karlya chants, the pendant glows an orange hue and a magic seal forms on Jibril's chest and reamins there even after the pendant leaves.
Jibril felt a strong fiery warmth overwhelming her senses and gives her a very much needed pep, waking her up quickly. Jibril even gets her heart pumping with some added vitality from whatever spell Karlya gave her.

"Whoa" Jibril rolls from her bated breath.
"Touch of Warmth. Great on cold nights, it should keep the frost at bay until we get to the other side. You ready for the dive?" She asks her.
"I'll go first to lead the way" Jibril answers crawl towards the pool.
"Right behind you"

The two slide into the water and the nippy frost clings to them like the frigid water wants to chill them to the bone before reaching the bottom in mere moments! Jibril is barely affected from the cold thanks to the spell placed on her, but it is temporary at best. Jibril holds her breath and quickly swims ahead of Karlya, whom is the better swimmer than she, keeping up with Jibril's swiftly rush to escape the caverns.

Traveling the first chamber backwards, Jibril is retracing her trek with some hesitations as her blackout makes this leg of the journey difficult as she doesn't recall which of the multiple exits she came from. The walls of this chamber were covered in tunnels leading elsewhere and based on her weighed down gear, her walk along the ground like a deep sea diver. Her educated guess would suggest two of the tunnel below, fortunately the other tunnel was shallow enough to reveal that it was a dead end leaving the other as her original entry. Jibril and Karlya enter the second chamber with Karlya swimming beside Jibril as they enter this cavern with a higher current knocking them about. Karlya grabs a hold of Jibril and swims ahead of her as her strength carries Jibril through the strong current and the two sink to the bottom where there is less pressure and they dig their hands into the sediment to crawl out of the second chamber and into the last. Jibril struggling with the crawl, the spell had worn off mid climb and the cold had seeped into her coat, the insulation is flying out of the neck lining from the rush of the water current pushing out the rubbish. Jibril is keeping her coat closed while holding on to the bottom of the ground, Karlya grabs Jibril by the rope of her coat and drags her up beside her with Jibril grabbing the same lip of the rocks Karlya had been holding a firm grip on. The two fight the current until they crawled into the last chamber then floated to the top following the hieroglyphs Jibril mentioned earlier. Jibril tries to swim, but her limbs are stiff and the water weight of her coat is causing her to sink more than floating.

Karlya is nearly at the top when she notices Jibril is sinking and struggling for air to breath. Jibril is blacking out again and the last of her breath bursts from her maw and passes out.

Jibril hears faint voices.

"Wake up"

Jibril awakens within a darkened place where the stone is blackened and the floors were smoothed obsidian, a shadowy figure appears before her from the darkness. Only by the burning fires of his eyes luminated the room around her to be his domain, he stood before her once more and still as obnoxious as ever.
Kane.

"Kane?"
"She speaks. How are you, kiddo?" Kane says in a fatherly tone.
"Cold" Jibril groans.
"After swimming in cold waters to save your best friend, I imagine you are."
"Am I dead?" Jibril says, finding herself laying on the ground before Kane, who sat on the ground with his legs crossed.
"If it were that easy. No. I pulled your soul here with me" Kane answered.
"Why?"
"Only way we can talk without interuptions." Kane replies. "Dont worry, Holostein saves your body. A friend of mine is trying to bring you back to life as we speak."
"What do you want?" Jibril say annoyed.
"Is that any way to thank someone keeping you alive?" Kane says insulted by Jibril's tone, "Were it not for my blood I've given you, you'd been food for that spider."
"Forgot about that" Jibril answers, "Thanks, i guess."
"Some gratitude" Kane scoffs, "To think, I went through all this trouble to contact you like this to tell you I've confirmed your little girl, Hana is in Sou'jour."
"Hana is there?!" Jibril spoke up anxiously.
"There's a bit of a problem with that part though. She's definately there, only evidense we have is a ledger with a manifest of all the slaves kept there. She being amongst them. Whether she's alive or dead is another matter."
"What do you mean by that"
"Fjornia's economy just collapsed under its own weight. Which means their country is in open revolt, slaves are fleeing at every given opprotunity, lords are locking themselves inside their castles, the people are facing a deeply rooted famine enough as it is. Without the lords keeping order, people are resorting to skulldrudgery, murder, thieving and desperate times are calling for desperate measures. They're eating each other, Jibril. This war with Shurifon is the only way Fjornia can survive this famine of theirs. Sou'jour and Halifax are the frontlines of this war, urgency for you to get there is paramount and get her out before we invade the territory. It's no longer a survey mission anymore, it's a rescue mission to get every slave out of there before the people start turning into cannibals."

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"If there city is economy is failing it could be easier to persuade the people if we bring some food and water to them, saying it's a gift from you should they choose to accept to be part of new canaan republic." Jibril think to herself, she worry about hana in the city of sou'jour with how bad the state it's in hoping she not putting her life at jeopardy. Jibril turn back to kane, " Do you think if we convince the lords to allow fjornia to be annex to your city we can try to solve the problem that's plaguing the city while also helping it become functional again."

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"A valid point" Kane grabs his chin in thought, "It would be very beneficial to have an ally in Fjornian territory. The underlining problem with sending them aid is confiscation of the humanitarian aid to the city's general population and not just giving it all away to the loyalists to the crown. Second, the lord of that city is one of the Knights of Twelve, a puppeteer of the Syracusan Empire and an Apostle. Fighting her is akin to fighting me, they're exceptionally hard to kill, I fought one myself and barely stopped Riveria, the Witchblade. Lastly, New Canaan isn't abundant in sharing resources much less giving any of it to an enemy stronghold. The republic is just barely getting by in debt and I own the entire merchant's guilds' assets, it's pretty dire we maintain that balance. We're currently setting up a desalinization plant in Helm's Deep to bring in a massive water pumping station to relieve our water problems, the real problem is agriculture - there's not enough food with freed slaves increasing our population consuming more than we produce. We aid Sou'jure, we're starving out our own country; another is that those people answer to the Apostle and therefore will not accept any aid from us regardless of circumstance - Syracuse would rather starve an ally city of Fjornia than accept help from 'demi-humans' and heteromorphs like me."

"So we do nothing?!" Jibril jabs sharply.
"I expect the same thing to be said from my commanders and the council" Kane says coldly, "You say it's cruel to leave them starving to death and us doing nothing is damning them. From my perspective, Fjornia having a Slave Economy is what's been keeping them from falling apart after a few centuries - people fall prey to their selflessness and generosity only to have Fjornia stab them in the back once they're back to full strength. Sou'jure is holding the slaves as hostages and collateral damage during invasions. Soldiers are more reluctant to invade a capital city if it has women and children especially if they are slaves that can be killed in the conflict.

Fjornia though? They'll exploit our weakness to attack and slit their throat when we're dealt with to save food and water for themselves.

What I'm suggesting, Jibril, is that we remove the slaves and the more valuable assets Fjornia has in Sou'jure quickly and quietly before Shurifon leads the first wave. No hostages or collateral damage, Shurifon can kill everyone there without hesitation, they seize control of Sou'jure and the Republic tends to the refugees and soldiers. Shurifon can support Sou'jure, the Republic can mend the injured and support defensively against an assault from the frontlines but not hold a territory so far from our borders. Our infrastructure can't handle it."
"At the chance of risking their lives and my daughter's" Jibril comments.
"If it were easy, Jibril, I would be handling it myself. My hands are tied preparing things for our final stand in Scarlet Rose if worse comes to pass. If you think you can broker a peace between Sou'jure and the western powers that doesn't compromise Scarlet Rose's interests and safety, you have my authority to make it so. All I can do is send you along with a detachment of soldiers we can spare for the mission and equipment to get it done quickly. All our hopes and dreams rest on Tar'lak getting to Genosia and setting up my device, otherwise the outcome of this war will become much bleaker for all of us."

Kane is eerily quiet when he pauses and with reluctance: "I may have to reveal myself to the world if it comes to that"

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Then I guess this impossible mission is for me to figure out how to make sure not everyone dies a gruesome death and thankfully I have all the time in the world to prepare for this mission. How many soldiers are coming with me to the city anyway and how long am I going to stay here before I wake up from me being knocked out." Jibril start to think again, maybe fighting some monster along the way to her destination she can bring the corpse with her to the city and give to the people as a sign of hospitality of good will showing them she not a threat to them. But feeding an entire city would be impossible but maybe there's a way to use it as an advantage for her, if she can barter it to the nobles who can help convince the others to help save the city and convince them to get help from outsiders to help them with the situation there in, it might work on fixing some of the problems.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Ten plus yourself. I'm sending Alpha and Omega with you as support in case you're attack." Kane answered.
"Who?" Jibril asked, unfamiliar with the names.
"They're dark elf twins, Beni and Dini. They are the best snipers we have in the service, well, best of the dark elves. Shimbala, the twins, yourself, Mr. Wo, Ms. Holostein, Randy Marlo and three fresh faced recruits from Unowa village will make up the Survey Corp."
"Good to know, anything else?" Jibril asks.

Kane smirks.

"I can see you're eager to get back to work. Try and not get yourself killed, again. We still have our deal to find the jewel, can't collect on a dead corpse ... for now at least." Kane says with a chuckle before snapping his fingers, the room fills with water and Jibril is flailing about on the ground, convulsing violently as if suffocating to death. Kane leans over Jibril and presses his hands on her chest and starts compressing into it while performing CPR on her.

Jibril jolts awake as Kane's face and body is replaced by Karlya over her drenched with her eyes watering up at the sight of her friend not waking up. Jibril spurs to life and her rolling off to the side coughing up the water in her lungs. Karlya throws her hands on Jibril's back gently as they sat in the middle of the cathedral's lower levels.

"Oh my god, Jibril, you're alive!" Karlya says with great concern but overjoyed.

Jibril is vomiting up her lunch and water all over the floor of the church and looks around her to see a large gathering of people. Finished relieving herself, Jibril's vision clears up to see Dizzy standing between her and the Merfolk watching them. He holds the caravan shotgun Jibril had left behind with it aimed at the crowd while a pair of Canaanites stand beside him holding out their rifles, one of them is Greza who wields a Mossberg shotgun kneeling beside Karlya soaked as well. It appears that Greza was with Karlya that saved them both from drowning. Jibril, on all fours, turns to Karlya out of concern.

"What happened?"
"You nearly drowned" Karlya wraps her arms around Jibril and squeezed tightly. "You're okay"
"You two have got to be the luckiest people or the dumbest to try that stunt." Greza pants heavily while taking deep breaths.
"Greza? What are you doing" Jibril asked weakly.
"I could be asking both of you the same thing" She answered, "This was supposed to be an escort job until your friend Dizzy here found the shotgun you left behind. good thing we were searching for you here, otherwise the church folk would have."
"You okay there, miss?" Dizzy says to Jibril.
"Thank you, Dizzy" Jibril reply.
"Can you walk?" Karlya asks, helping Jibril up.
"Barely, still tired from all the swimming"

Greza stands up with Jibril and Karlya. Dizzy and the pair of Canaanites gestured their weapons at the church folk standing in their way to move aside. The Merfolk were obviously pissed that their sacred grounds were trespassed on but it became evident that their true selves were revealed as they hissed and wielded makeshift weapons ready to attack them, mainly tridents and daggers. When a few tried to approach the group, Dizzy fires off a warning shot to scare them off while Greza and Karlya carried the injured Jibril through the church and back outside of the cathedral while keeping the Merfolk from swarming them on their way out. The Canaanites had stormed the cathedral upon learning that Jibril had disappeared within the village and not left.

According to Dizzy, once Jibril had left after their meal in the tavern, he went to breakdown the cargo he brought in with her: supplies to make a desalinization plant including a diesel-powered generator. Turning part of the old fishery into a water pumping station, the locals were brought it to see to it's construction with the help of the Canaanites, a group of engineers and a security detachment. After the setup at the fishery, Dizzy was prepared to leave Helm's Deep with Jibril and went looking for her but no one had seen her. After leaving the Gabs and Garbles mercantile shop, the merfolk twins went to trade off Jibril's venom to one of the Canaanites for coin. One of whom was Greza. Investigating where the venom came from and connecting the Merfolk and Dizzy together, the group charged the Cathedral under the impression that she had been kidnapped for nefarious means. Thankfully, as Greza mentioned, Jibril left behind the caravan shotgun that Dizzy later confirms to be his. Based on that deduction gave the township all the more reason to expel the Merfolk from the cathedral and investigate the rest of the building. Once Jibril had been found, the Merfolk gathered at the cathedral spouting desecration of holy ground and false accusations of prejudice thus leading to them forcing themselves into the cathedral and are now forcing the Canaanite to intervene in the hostilities.

Jibril and the others of their group return to the solid ground outside of the cathedral complex to find the whole town of Helm's Deep standing at the threshold with the merfolk to one side and the others on the opposite. With everyone up at arms over this incident, the township wants to force out the Merfolk and their cultists while the Merfolk want to force out the Fisherman and the foreigners they've allowed into the town. It becomes apparent to Jibril and the rest of the Canaanites that there is an underlining feud between the factions that has since been boiling up to this point and this incident merely reignites this fighting amongst them once more.

Jibril has an opportunity to be diplomatic or leave at her leisure, but either option has the potential to have ever lasting consequences if either is done. Hard decisions must be made, and tactfully, lest she invokes the peoples ire. A mistake she may have to face again given the severity of her previous crimes to the other foreign powers because of her actions prior.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Jibril decides to settle the feud in a more constructive and practical way. Not really putting her oratory skills to the test, Jibril will need to investigate the history of the two factions if she is to settle this dispute once and for all (and perhaps not be eviscerated in the process by an angry mob).

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Jibril throws up her hands as her thoughts are interrupted by the sound of Greza's Beretta firing up in the air. The loud shouting and violent slurs of the town broke into a dead silence and those in attendance of this feud are cowering in fear of the thundering boom of the gun's concussive power rattling into their bones and flesh. Ezekiel and the Artemis Cult's High Priest, Werrix Caulder step forth once the silence had been broken by the two rallying their factions in line to allow them both to speak. Calming themselves before they get themselves shot by Greza and the Canaanites, some of whom are rallying quickly up the threshold.
A large group of Militiamen armed with M1 Garands and Mossbergs broke up the middle of the crowd and forcing the people back with threats and gestures to corral the masses at they move on through.
"ENOUGH!" Greza shouts loudly, holstering her firearm into its leather pouch. She cradles her Mossberg between her shoulder and as she addresses the town.
"Is that necessary?!" Caulder barks at Greza, donning his purple and black robes with a heraldry of the Church's god cladding his front torso and sleeves.
"Be silent Werrix" Ezekiel stands with his faction of fishermen beside him.
"Both of you, shut the fuck up" Greza scowls, "We're here fixing up your dung heap of a town, we expect some accommodations for our efforts. Caulder, keep your people in line or we're putting them over the cliff. 'Zeke? Tell your people to cool off before someone takes a slug to the knee."
A Militiaman cocks a shotgun, loading the chamber as he aims it at the knee of a fisherman with a meat hook and cleaver in his hands gritting his teeth at the militiaman threatening them. Werrix raises his arm up to gesture his people to stand back while he leads on their behalf, Ezekiel furrows his brow and gestures his chin at the fisherman, they stand down, dropping their weapons. The Militaman relaxes and lowers his barrel but never takes an eye of them.
"What we have here is misunderstanding, obviously we're new to the town and none of you churchgoers like having someone like us marching up into your church as if it were ours. However, evidence presented to me gave me just-i-fic ... justi-tifi ... FUCK! A reason to trespass! Why they were there, what their reasons were, I don't give a damn. If they stole something from you -"
Greza looks over to Jibril and leans in to whisper.
"- You didn't steal nothing, did you?" She asks.
"Uh ... no" Jibril says lowly.
"Then they would be returning it back to you! ... But they didn't!" Greza rolls right back into her speech, "They trespassed, okay, where the nine hells is there a sign people are forbidden to enter a church?"
Werrix and Ezekiel, nay, the entire town points at the sign that Greza is currently standing on. She looks down and sees that it was covered up in boot prints and green algae.
"My point!" Greza spoke loudly.
She crouches and picks up the sign and dusts it off. Looking at it, sees that it's written in Koine and not Leyfon. Greza clicks her tongue and presents the sign to the crowd.
"I don't read Koine. I can read Leyfon, Concord, Eng-ish and Dwarvish. How the fuck am I to know what this is?" Greza makes her point by breaking the entire sign board in half over her knee then tossing at the ground before the Cultists earning a smug look from the Fishermen and approval.
Werrix steps forward to reply: "As to be expected of outsider who don't know our ways. We are a peacefully community of Merfolk, trying to assimilate with these ... foul-smelling apes! If we wish to be secluded then it is by the grace of the god of the seas that we protect our sanctuary from these barbarians from entering it. This sign, destroyed by your ignorant hands, was meant for them to stay away from our cathedral undisturbed! Yet here you lot are, desecrating holy ground with your faithless footsteps scuttling about place where you do not belong."
The congregation shouts in unison in agreement.
"Piss off, ya seawench!" A fisherman hurls a limp fish at the priest.
Greza quickdraws her pistol and blows the fish in mid air, scattering its remains with very little blood splattering on the priest's robes and few chunks covering the ground.
"The next sonofbitch to throw something at them is taking a bullet." Greza scowls at the man who threw the fish.
"Our folk have been fishing these waters for decades, even as the war raged on, we have fed our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, children with the same meals and shared hot cots as equals. You, Papist, rose from the shores and expected much from us. We shared what little we have to spare -" Ezekiel says calmly.
"Bounty from the sea that you refuse to give thanks to the Drowned and Artemis. Such disrespect to the sea and going even further by desecrating its waters with devilry and malcontents with your machinations! Artemis owns the seas and the bounty she holds! We worship the ground we walk, we give thanks to the seas and pray for the Great Flood to wash away our sins. Yet you say you give generously, we were here before you were even born, we provided you great abundance for centuries! Our hatcheries, our spawning pools provide you much and all we asked was you pay homage to the sea eve-ry-day! And how do you repay us?!"
"Fishlips!"
"Vermin!"
"Monsters!"

The cultists shout out ever fish related slur and insult hurled their way earning the ire of Ezekiel who crosses his arms in response.

"Pay homage to a God that haunts our shores? Kidnaps our people in the night? Where is our safety from the likes of you? You foul creatures conjure up your demons from that sesspool back there and confront us at every turn! Now you refuse to help us when we were in dire straits! Where is your God now to strike me down where i stand? Nothing but platitudes, empty promises and excuses to pull your own weight. We built this town with our handswhile you do nothing by pray to a dead god."

"Blasphamy! You take back those words, right now, heathen!" Werrix shouts.

Wow, this conflict is getting heated up. Jibril hears their bantering and bickering. But it seems to her that the township is facing a missing person's case. Moreover, this feud between them stems from deeply rooted coexistence between the sea and the town not mixing well with prevalent prejudice and assumption with no merit. Although the circumstances surrounding the missing people does suggest magic, nobody has a leading culprit to suspect. Only thing Jibril has to go on is that these people are taken in the night by large hulking monsters coming from the sea with glowing eyes. As easy as it is to believe that the Cultists are behind it, the timing is odd and according to Dizzy - this is every single night. Given Jibril's experience, Magic has to be at the center noting the Wraiths that Dizzy mentioned on the ride over, Wraiths are magically charged entities meaning they have to be summoned, not a naturally occurring phenomenon. Even if it was the Cultists, their motivation is to make the town pay for their "heresy" but that motivation for the kidnappings is ... vague at best. If anything, the normal, non-merfolk have every reason to get rid of merfolk based on their prejudice alone, demi-humans and heteromorphs aren't welcome anywhere outside their homelands. Assimilation is a recipe for disaster in some cultures. Kinda like the Nagini and the Tau.
What does Jibril what to do based on what she's presented with?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Ok everyone from what am seeing the root of the problem is from distrust, lack of respect to each other culture with some added false rumors and paranoia messing up a proper communication from both party's with some added hostility, to remedy this problem am going to find clues on who is taking people in the middle of the night with some help from both party's choosing a represented they trust to show am not choosing favorite's for one another. I believe if we work together and find out who the real perpetrator in these kidnappings would help mend this deep wound against both group is that fair to everyone here." Jibril look at both crowds including their leaders to see if they accept her proposal.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Werrix looks at Jibril skeptically at the suggestion. Ezekiel turns his head to Jibril when she offered to investigate the disappearances. Greza, equally skeptical shifts her weight around and lowers her shotgun to her side.
"You sure you wanna do this?" Greza asks concerned about the volatile situation.
"Either i get lynched by a mob and cause a bigger problem, or i can be a solution. I'm used to it by now." Jibril says to a whisper, "Something tells me there something bigger behind this we're not seeing."
"How can you be sure about that?" Greza questions Jibril's intuition.
"As a pilgrim becoming a Janissary to the Sultan, I have a task before me that I am at the center of and that i must atone for. If helping those in need of order, I will abide." Jibril answers.
"I'm helping too" Karlya answers.
"Fine" Greza says scoffs, "Probably better you than me and maybe Kane and Council as well. We're not peacekeepers, we're soldiers. The engineers here are my responsibility and not the townspeople. They get in the way of the plant under construction, I have orders to put people down. However, I do have some sympathy for you two so I'll tell you what. You figureout who's behind the kidnappings, get these knuckledraggers to work together, I'll hold a tribunal to weigh-in as a ... unbiased judge."
"I think you mean impartial judge, Captain" A militiaman interject.
"Shut the fuck up, bootlick" Greza scolds, then back to Jibril.
"I got about a few hours to patrol around for a bit, I'll send some of these guys out to do the same to do a citywide lockdown. Find something, tell them and they tell me. Hopefully we can handle whatever is lurkin' about and ..." Cocking her shotgun, "We put them in the ground. We go home like heroes, Rose gets the water, these ungrateful bastards get a trade deal. Everyone is happy!"
"You're one piece of work" Karlya comments under her breath.
Greza strolls up to Karlya, looks her up and down with a predatory stare. The kind of gaze that screams, 'I'll eat you alive' and her hand pulls away from her pump -action to reach around to cup a feel of Karlya's leathery cladded ass.
"I work alot faster without the talking, gorgeous" Greza pops a sharp grin before winking at her.
Greza turns back to the crowd.
"Right! We're liking this plan of hers" Greza announces, "Zeke, send that fish-thrower over here and Papist, you give me ... him."
Greza points to the big fat merman with a fishnet covering half his torso and waterlogged trousars. It's obvious why she picked him, this merman is fat but there is a lot of ways to make himself useful, mainly brute strength given the girth of his forearms and extra large hands.
"Uh, do we really need him?" Karlya asks Greza.
"Think of him as meatshield, who knows, maybe those monster might think of him as a snack. Either way, these two are gonna work with you."
"Why would i ever work with a snake, a thief, an elf and a whale" The fish-thrower protests loudly.
"Cuz you're a moron. Do what she says." Ezekiel demands, "Don't show up to work until this search is finished, consider this your punishment."
"Come on, Zeke!" Fisherman protest on their friend's behalf.
"Get it done! The lot of you, ship-off or it's a lashing!" Ezekiel orders, the fisherman disperse.
Werrix and his followers look to Jibril and bow their heads in appreciation.
"Every well, brother Grommer will aid your search. It seems you have some civility than our adversaries, lesso their ire, for that we thank you for your suggestion and well-wish for you to make haste."
Werrix gestures his congregation to follow him back into the cathedral but leaves brother Grommer behind.
Karlya see the fisherman Eekiel left behind picking up his meat hook and cleaver as the two join their party with Greza departing for the plant to oversee the construction and assembly.
"So what do we do now? Are we gonna search the place top to bottom? Karlya asks Jibril.

{{Jibril stands at the entrance to the town with a wooden log barricade behind her spanning around her back and circling off to her left reaching the coastline with a circular line of houses made from old shipwrecks built into the barricades itself while nestling in the stones overgrown with algae. On her right, the barricade circles around and climbs the mountain edge with an exceedingly impressive tavern and inn built into the mountain face where the barricade ends off on its flank where the tavern and inn: “The Salty Wench” faces the sea and entrance. Before Jibril, she faces the seaside, a boulevard of wooden blankets half buried into the stony gravel for leverage and a firm pathway for sailors and travelers alike. The boulevard splits off into a few pathways leading to six areas for which Jibril can reach from here. The first path leads to the Salty Wench tavern and pub to her east, the second path leads to the rows of coastal homes to her west. The third path further down the boulevard leads to a hollowed out shipwreck beached on shore leaning precariously on the plateau leading to the Salty Wench, the sign in the wrecked hull of the ship reads: “Garbles and Gabs” a general store of sorts and a warehouse with lanterns dangling outside the ship’s hull to emphasize the entrance. Fourth path leads to a pathway curving off to her east which leads to the massive sunken cathedral built into the mountain alongside the Salty Wench. The locals call the sunken cathedral: “The Temple of Artemis”, a God of the Seas, and a temple that once was a marvel for its time - but no longer. The fifth path leads to the west towards a strip of stalls and vendors lined up to make a marketplace with the end of the path leading to a fishery built into a manmade alcove using the shipwrecks. Lastly, the boulevard ends with the pathway leading directly to the marina itself with all the ships within the harbor moored in.

Helm’s Deep isn’t lively as one would expect from a place regarded as a city outside its walls. Matter of fact, the place is downright dreadful and depressing. Being on a coast ravished by constant storms and hurricanes, everything is waterlogged, soaked, overgrown with algae, washed up and the locals are sparse and equally drenched by the sea. One might as well call the locals Merfolk themselves with how little they care about the weather and their disheveled appearances. The place is foggy at this time of year and a storm is rearing its ugly head with heavy storm clouds peaking on the horizon with ships blowing in from the sea carrying rich cargo, most likely fish the town produces to trade with the outside routes and merchants trading from goods not found within the limits of the town.}}

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Ok team since we're all here my name is jibril my friend here is called karlya since we're working together you might telling us your name before we head off to the docks where the kidnapping happens." Jibril look at the fishman and the fishtosser reply waiting for them to introduce themselves to her and karlya. She wonders if both of them see anything strange happening in the town maybe it will help with the investigaton.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
"Ugh. Fuckin' toss" The fisherman grumbles under his breath, walking over to Jibril.
The big merman walks but his steps are felt through the ground as he lumbers towards the two ladies with a dull and numb look on his face, as if mentally slow. Jibril whispers to Karlya as they approach.
"We better make this fast, we only have a a day and a half before the trial back home."
"That soon?!I thought we were in the clear?" Karlya asked.
"Nope. Got papers to sign to make it work first and that means getting you to Dennis, our arbiter for the trial. Hopefully we solve the kidnapping mystery before the place goes to hell before we leave." Jibril answers.
"Soooooooo ...we're stuck with them for now" Karlya comments looking at the big merman who looks like he dresses himself with fishing gear.
"Ok guys, since we're all here my name is Jibril. This is my friend, Karlya, since we're working together maybe start telling us your names before we head off to the docks where the kidnapping happens."
"Farber. Grouse Farber."The fisherman says with a gruff accent, dress in long sleeves and overalls with other miscellenous baubles relating to his profession.
"Grommer" The big mermam answer with slow speech, reaching out his hand and awaits Karlya to shake his hand.
Karlya isn't afraid to shake the giant's hand but he envelops her entire hand with his and gently shakes it without another word.
"You two have any skills to bring to the table?" Karlya asks Farber.
"I can gut ya a hundred dirrent times with my fiddlin' knife, or if ya prefer me hook to the jugular, I can string you uplike plan to do to the fis people here once we finds what we're looking for." Farber replies with gusto.
"And you?" Jibril redirects to Grommer.
Grommer says nothing but reaches around to pull out the other end of the fishnet covering his body and what dangles on the edges are very heavy cast iron weights meant to hold down a person. He handles these weights with ease then twists them up until they form a whip with him gripping the actual netting and using the weights like metal beads on a cat o'nine tails. He turns towards the edge of the cliff and whips the makeshift whip and thundering the weights against the stones breaking off a huge part of the cliff and droping 10 feet of rock and stone into the ocean before turning back to them to rest the whip on the ground along with himself. Grommer wheezes as he breaths when he's idle.
Karlya and Jibril look to themselves before to Farber.
"So he doesn't talk a lot" Karlya comment.
"But he can pack a heavy hit like nobody else" Jibril contemplates his uses.
"That oaf was good for catching the big hauls we can't carry ourselves. Boy, ain't right in the head, we pay him mackerel and shrimp since thats all he ever doesis eat and sleep. Just don't go talkin' about his parents, that'll just make 'im angry."
"Hate ask why. Jib, we got a plan for us?" Karlya joining on the discussion of their plan to investigate the city, starting with the crime scene.
"Figure we start with the docks, maybe find a trace someone might have left behind. Ask around see if anyone saw anything most recently." Jibril redirects her inquiry to Farber, "See anything strange happening in the town, maybe it will help with the investigaton."
"Ya mean 'sides the lot of ya's messin' what's been part of us for generations and these fuckin' freaks of nature sprouting up everywhere? Can't think on top of me head whatever for." Farber's sarcasm is very obnoxious (and unhelpful).
"Grommer?" Karlya asks the giant with her arms crossed in response to Farber's disrespectful behavior.
"Prayer. Eat. Sleep. Don't know what is strange."Grommer says lowly as if trying no to shout or speak loudly.
"So the usual"Karlya says paraphrasing, she turns to Jibril. "Great! We're off to a great start!"
Her sarcasm isn't helping their situation.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
The group head off to the docks to investigate the disappearance of the people being kidnapped once reaching there the group search for clues of anything strange the perpetrator left behind or the victims leaving any clues of them being kidnapped or the direction where there being taken.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
The group heads down to the docks from the main boulevard, Farber took point in leading the group to the spot on the docks where the creatures were last scene. The shoreline that stretches two and a half miles along the curve with three segments makes up the area around as Helm's Deep: the Fisheries, the Marina and the Loading Docks in that order.

According to Farber, Ezekiel, Dizzy and a few rumors about what happened, the missing people where pulled from their homes in the night then the town watchmen spotted the hulking monsters drag the screaming folk down to the shoreline and flung themselves into the water dragging their captives with them. Farber says he knows a few people who have seen these things with their own eyes and can testify to witnessing the monsters taking their neighbors. The details are sketchy by the way each person says it, Jibril has heard these stories before, the silver lining is the other parts of the story that are consistent. She must figure out the motive, method and identity of the people responsible for the kidnapping and hopefully soon.
Jibril spent her first investigation in Medressa five years into her service to the Sultan pulling names, making contacts, establishing relationships, covering groundwork then peeling back the layers of interconnecting relationships of those people she knew intimately with those she didn't. When a crime or act occurred, Jibril was the first to be at the scene and establish her three inquiries. A process that took her years to establish in a place she called home. Now her task is to do the same thing in a place so foreign to her within a single day on a reoccurring crime that's as old as the township it happened in. With so vague the information she has to work with and the unyielding pressure placed upon her to perform, this investigation is her chance to get away scotfree without the entire town exploding in her face like a powder keg by a raging mob.

The fisherman and the Church are the obvious factions, obvious enemies and main culprits, that's a fact. Neither group claims responsibility for the attacks, yet neither denies allegations the other faction claims. This conflict sparks a feud with both factions, somebody within the town benefits from it whom neither group is aware of or lacks to provide such information that could be helpful in ending the feud altogether. Their motives? Eliminate the other faction on the basis of original founders of the township itself and their rights to claim these waters for themselves. Someone wants to make the factions fight each other, but do they have some anterior motive that goes outside of the main conflict or was this the byproduct of some divine intervention, nobody knows. Whatever the main culprit wants, the method of conducting this crime is the same but done at different times within the early evening to early morning before first light.
The creatures being described are large and hulking beasts with glowing appendages and eyes, they travel by water as a means of escaping with their captives. Where the bodies of these captives go remains a mystery as none of them are ever found, so there's a hiding spot or dwelling where these creatures disappear to. One thought that comes across Jibril's mind is feeding. Perhaps the reason none of the victims are ever found was because they were food for the creatures. Plausible. It isn't unheard of that monsters come out to hunt for easy prey especially unguarded ones who don't put up too much of a fight. But this theory is questionable, if so then why do these things work in tandem with one another like an efficient group? Between the timing, means of escape and how quickly they get away is too good for bandits or simple-minded creatures.

Another theory is that they are working as part of a group and not just one person committing the crimes, if so, who could provide that many people and who can pull it off. The only other group that are comfortable in the water and remain a threaten are the members of the Church, or the fisherman, who want it to make it seem like it was the merfolk to begin with. But suspecting either group of the foul play is too obvious, both groups stand to lose something from the encounter if one is blamed for the crime. Fishermen will lose whatever benefit the Church gives them during the harvest season, the Church will lose trade and valuable security from the outside world. To go this far to cast blame and accusations upon either group has to be an external factor, something that has happened only recently to change the balance of power.

This conflict has a time period of happening within a year, which rules out this conflict as being perpetuated by either faction for longer periods. If either group wanted to have just-cause to kill one another, they would have done so quickly a long time ago in an open conflict instead of discretion and deception. Someone somewhere is doing this with support to conduct these raids upon the town and it affects the political tensions for both factions greatly each time it's done. Which means that someone has to have had a significant change of fortune recently or perhaps a new resident unfamiliar with their culture and ways forcing the conflict?

Jibril formulates these ideas in her mind while Farber and Karlya search the Docks.

Standing at the beginning of the loading docks with Grommer lumbering around and checking the crates on the landings. Karlya walks around to the warehouses while Farber checks the end part of the docks amongst the boats. So far, the docks aren't yielding anything that they could use. Some crates are broken as Grommer points out, Karlya notices the blood trials of victims being dragged towards the docks and the signs of struggling with claw marks on the walls and wooden flooring. Farber, however, seems to be struggling with something. He grabs hold of a rope leading into the water below the edge of the dock, from the looks of it a fishing line for crab traps. Normally the crab traps are cages littered with bait inside to attract crab inside through a hole in the top, falling in and get stuck trying to get the bait. But why if Farber struggling with crab traps?

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Thinking it could be a clue of some kind that grommer found jibril mention the other two to help them out with grommer clue that he found." Karlya, farber come over here it seems grommer may have found something important and it looks like he need some help bringing this up to the surface." The three went to grommer location and help him up with the crab traps. If the four of them can't bring it up jibril would ask farber to quietly go into the water to see whats in the or on the crab trap.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Pulling the rope, the group pulled with all their might! What the hell! This thing is like a crate of millstones! Everyone is struggling, even Grommer who's at the front of the towing line and even he is groaning heavily pulling it up until ...

Something was coming up and it was a huge collection of objects being dragged from the bottom as the sand and mud kicked up a huge cloud behind the surface. They were making progress!

"Pull!" Farber shouted at Grommer as he pulls from the back end of the towing line.
"What the fuck is on this thing?!" Karlya yells gritting her teeth.

Grommer takes a step back slowly with a heavy footed thump. Karlya and Jibril perks up when they're pulling a few feet back, Farber ties up the end of the line to the post while he rushes towards the wooden rack beside him with a large pole with a fish hook and rushes over beside Grommer and buries the hook beneath the water to hook whatever is coming up to drag it towards the shallows. Everyone drags the rope along the edge and carry the line over as far as they can, Farber helps loosen the line so it doesn't get cut by the friction of the wooden dock edges. Grommer grunts as he yanks on the rope and shakes the debris that comes off the collection. Whatever it is, it was covered in seaweed as loose debris floated to the top.

The group brings the line to the landings near the beach and they meander around the shutters and gondolas along the way until they were free to pull without restriction in their movement impending their progress. They let Grommer do the rest of the pulling while they surround the shoreline awaiting the catch to show up. Farber looks to Karlya.

"You got some Kraw for an Elf" He compliments in his own strange way.
"For an old man, you're not so useless" Karlya quips signing deeply.
"What do you two think it is?" Jibril asked looking to Farber.
"That's what I'd like to know, if the merman can't even bring it up on his own, might be bad" Farber says, he reaches behind him to pull out his meat hook and cleaver.

Karlya thinks the same thing, she pulls out her sword in preparation. Jibril ... uh oh ... she doesn't have her scimitar! It dissolved inside the mimic!
But just as she forgets to arm herself the collection of their labor yielded a disturbing revelation: it was a corpse. Not just any corpse, it was one of the large hulking creature the rumors were telling about! Farber walks over to the thing and uses his meat hook to hook into the shoulder of the thing to flip it over to reveal the front of it.

7 feet, 4 inches tall and covered in a thick hide of loose leathery skin, tentacles spawn from the back of the head of this beast which is a large bony skull with two large domed eyes and a maw thirteen rows of sharp teeth when looking inside its mouth which hangs open. The body of the creature has six appendages, a pair hindlegs, a pair of forelegs in its midsection and large bulging arms with three webbed fingers. The torso has a large slit down the middle of its abdomen with tentacles unfurling from within like guts but still moving on their own accord.

Karlya recognizes the beast.

"Holy shit, that's a Seawyrm!"
"What's a Seawyrm?" Jibril quizzed.
"They're type of sea dragon, not a real dragon but a Landwyrm. I've seen them on the Rory Islands before when my crew made port. Not something you'd wanna fight when they're around. The Wittca in port said they cause a magic aura that induces fears in people in its presence so if it has magic, I wonder whatever else it can do."
"I'm not so much concerns about the magic so much as I'm concerned about them big fucking arms and teeth it has" Farber spoke, "Look at 'em! No wonder the guard can't make a dent in killing these things, it's got all these slithering things."

Farber starts poking around it to figure out what killed it or if its still alive.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jibril wait for farber conclusion to see if this seawyrm/ or landwyrm is dead while still being on full alert of this creature incase if its not dead yet and move about with whatever life if it still have." Be careful farber we don't know if this thing is still alive. But if this thing is dead we should bring it with us to show the two side that whatever thing or someone was able to kill it and might be the one killing and kidnapping the people and merman while causing some damage making the two side fight each other." Jibril take out one throwing knife and throw it at the dead thing at its large dome eye seeing if it will move from the pain.