Constructive complaints

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Now, before you report me, hear me out! The point of this thread is to provide a place for people to voice all of their complaints and problems with characters, items, encounters, mechanics, etc. You can discuss complaints, but keep it calm and intelligent, people. The second salt gets involved, I'm calling in the moderators. And if someone says they don't wanna talk about it, they don't wanna talk about it.

Make sure to be as detailed as possible with your complaints. State exactly what you have a problem with, and why. Walls of text are completely acceptable.

I know this is probably a terrible idea, And chances are all of you will shoot this down anyway, but I'm bored and have had far worse ideas in the past. I'll kick us off.

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
  1. Riya: let's be honest, everybody hates this bitch. Seriously, does anyone actually like her? I've actually contemplated trying to find a way to get knocked up with her kid, then getting her booted off Tavros, just to teach her a lesson.
  2. Zephyr: basically Riya, minus the whole spec ops thing and the rascism. I mean, she literally pulls a gun on you if you don't clean her dick op after sex! It's a shame, cause her sex scene is very well written.
  3. Sub-Tuner:
    @HugsAlright The problem I have with the Sub-Tuner stuff is the bar code you get tattooed on your ass. I don't know why, but I just can't allow myself to keep it on. I DESPISE the implication of such a permanent marking. A tattoo or a brand in this context is, in my eyes, basically signing away a tiny sliver of your free will, and that, quite honestly, disturbs me IMMENSLY. A collar you can simply take off, but a tattoo or a brand will always be there, reminding you that someone out there has claimed you as theirs, and in their eyes, you are not a person, but a possession. It just... ugh.

But I'm totally cool with literally everything else.
(I'd like to note here, I'm starting to warm up to the tattoo thing, so one day I may do it in my main Save file. Maybe.)

4. Kaede scene exclusivity: that puppy has some of the best scenes in the game. It's just a damn shame so many are one-offs, and the others are a bit of a chore to access. I made a whole new save file just so I could access the one time scenes without save editing!​

Last edited:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
1. I'd like to have the option to toggle/choose what sex scene I'm gonna get in NT when cuffing myself. Having to load several times to avoid the cowgirls is quite frustrating (IMO 'girlcum drenched' is just...ew).
2. Some spam emails are quite annoying to me, specially the Estrobloom one, since I'm keen on keeping my masculinity, and the Kihacorp one, because I despise -deres.
3. On the same line, the Miscreant Manor content is quite biased against males that enjoy anal, sadly.
4. Finding a varmint pack of 4 makes me feel quite homicidal. Like, WTF? I cannot use grenades and I only have a crappy lasso.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
hm...... Do we discuss complaints here or is the thread not for that? Say I want to engage somebody on a complaint.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
1.Something that kinda bothered me was how lust immune enemies regardlessly start with innate lust in combat, like the sexbots on Tarkus. For the most part we can make the safe assumption that robots and drones don't really care for teasing. But I made the same assumption for Nym-foe, who by some miracle of bimbo science DOES crumple over after a good flashing. Can we just mark lust immune enemies with a zero or a pair of XXs? Would that be possible?

2.Lanequest end. The only problem I have with this is it doesn't provide a warning for the bad end. "You must be this willful to confront Lane" would be a helpful indicator right here, especially for people who don't immediately make a grindfest for their stats.

3.So... we can arbitrarily murder Taivra and Zaalt. ............................................WHY?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
hm...... Do we discuss complaints here or is the thread not for that? Say I want to engage somebody on a complaint.

I think this is more about complaints about the game itself, like features, characters or mechanics of the game.
Actually, screw it. Let's open up the discussion channels. Might be interesting.

Keep in mind though, I won't hesitate to call in Magic Ted if things get out of hand, so keep it civilized.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
  1. Riya: let's be honest, everybody hates this bitch. Seriously, does anyone actually like her? I've actually contemplated trying to find a way to get knocked up with her kid, then getting her booted off Tavros, just to teach her a lesson.
Upon implementation I critized Riya and I would still do it, but I appreciate that she's in the game.

I like how she stands up to the PC, even if its for some dumb racist thing or whatever. I'd like to have more characters that do not blindly agree to everything the PC wants and/or does.
I certainly don't like how she's just magically untouchable. The how and why of that, is just not transparent enough for me. You're just confronted with that as a fact (or at least as far as I played that content)

Sub-Tuner:
The problem I have with the Sub-Tuner stuff is the bar code you get tattooed on your ass. I don't know why, but I just can't allow myself to keep it on. I DESPISE the implication of such a permanent marking. A tattoo or a brand in this context is, in my eyes, basically signing away a tiny sliver of your free will, and that, quite honestly, disturbs me IMMENSLY. A collar you can simply take off, but a tattoo or a brand will always be there, reminding you that someone out there has claimed you as theirs, and in their eyes, you are not a person, but a possession. It just... ugh.

But I'm totally cool with literally everything else.
(I'd like to note here, I'm starting to warm up to the tattoo thing, so one day I may do it in my main Save file. Maybe.)

I wrote my piece to that in the quoted thread already. I think Hugs handled the gating on that very well. Well enough, to warrant "extreme" content such as that.

As for my own "complaint":

The combat system.
I know that it's supposed to be reworked sometime (TM), but it is still my biggest issue with the game right now. Teasing mechanics and the way how most fights are just about mashing either phys. attacks or some tease attack feel rather bland to me. (Of course some bossfights are different but overall...)

I have no influence on the gamedesign whatsoever, but I'm really hoping for a system that not only reworks teasing, but also makes more use of the "energy" bar and ends the fight with a defeat if a character reaches 0 energy. That would essentially mean that you have three different life bars:

HP+shields, reduced by physical attacks
Lust, increased by teasing and drug-based attacks
Energy, decreased by special actions that character X wants to do (for example shield hack) or needs to do to continue combat (for example struggle to get out of a grip, stand back up after getting hit by a crit and almost passing out, or, if the enemy is a robot, resist being hacked)

I would love to have another way of ending fights non-violently and it would also be the kind of fresh wind the combat needs, as it entails new perks, new attacks and new priorities in combat. In my opinion of course.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
By its very nature shitposting at anything isn't ~constructive~ in any way but (also by its nature) it does need to be released periodically.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
2. Some spam emails are quite annoying to me, specially the Estrobloom one, since I'm keen on keeping my masculinity, and the Kihacorp one, because I despise -deres.
While true, it is what spam is suposed to do. That and Worldbuilding.
But here is a little trick: do not delete them. Your Codex allows only one identical mail of each of them, and after ca. a week of gameplay, you got all of them and they will just never borther you again.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
While true, it is what spam is suposed to do. That and Worldbuilding.
But here is a little trick: do not delete them. Your Codex allows only one identical mail of each of them, and after ca. a week of gameplay, you got all of them and they will just never borther you again.

It's not about the fact about that they're spam. I'm quite aware of that. It's more about the content of said spam.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
The randomness with Nenne's sex scenes is kinda bullshit. Took me 10 tries to get the vaginal scene.

Xanfaus

Aug 11, 2017
Biggest gripe of the game for me is needing to save scum to get desired transformations. It was an issue in CoC as well but it annoys me more here. Want a character shorter than four feet but don't want to look like a goblin or a raskel? Yeah I know save editing is a better option but it would be great to be able to pay extra in game for more specialized solutions. Probably not doable on a technical level, just wishful thinking based on some quest resolutions currently in game.

Somewhat related, some transformations are locked behind others. Makes sense in some cases like honeypot perk but for others like the deer tail or fur pattern don't seem as sensible.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You can always write specialized items to bypass savescumming and locked TFs. For example, I wrote FrontRack Cream because I didn't want my character to be a furry or get ant features. I only added a minor save scumming element because I intended it to be a cheap way to get a multibreast item earlier than those available in Uveto and Myrellion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saafi05 and Xanfaus

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
Biggest gripe of the game for me is needing to save scum to get desired transformations. It was an issue in CoC as well but it annoys me more here. Want a character shorter than four feet but don't want to look like a goblin or a raskel? Yeah I know save editing is a better option but it would be great to be able to pay extra in game for more specialized solutions. Probably not doable on a technical level, just wishful thinking based on some quest resolutions currently in game.

Somewhat related, some transformations are locked behind others. Makes sense in some cases like honeypot perk but for others like the deer tail or fur pattern don't seem as sensible.
if you want to shrink use the strawberry shortcake, it will shrink you with out any other effects

Doots

Creator
Mar 24, 2017
Zephyr: basically Riya, minus the whole spec ops thing and the rascism. I mean, she literally pulls a gun on you if you don't clean her dick op after sex! It's a shame, cause her sex scene is very well written.
that happens if you're an idiot and decide to threaten her with violence

Riya: let's be honest, everybody hates this bitch. Seriously, does anyone actually like her? I've actually contemplated trying to find a way to get knocked up with her kid, then getting her booted off Tavros, just to teach her a lesson.
I don't hate her because I don't let things that fictional characters say get to me, also her sex scenes are quite nice. Also not letting her see her kid is way more fucked up than her saying things that you don't like.

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil

I don't hate her because I don't let things that fictional characters say get to me, also her sex scenes are quite nice. Also not letting her see her kid is way more fucked up than her saying things that you don't like.

She half deserved but still... she saved that girl so i let her stay. she is a good soldier.

Reactions: Irrlicht

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I guess you have a point. Still, she could Do with being less bitchy.

don't hate her because I don't let things that fictional characters say get to me,
*shrug* Call me oversensitive, I guess. I mean, it's not like I enjoy the fact that shot like this stick with me! I would give anything to just be cool with this stuff.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Come to think of it, I think I remember hearing somebody say that Riya wasn't actually rascist; that she just says those things just to piss people off. @Franks , can you confirm?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
3.So... we can arbitrarily murder Taivra and Zaalt. ............................................WHY?

It's a choice. There might be blow back for killing Zaalt though. I imagine his crew wouldn't take kindly to that... someone with a fat wallet wanna see if Savin wouldn't mind another writer taking a stab at that one? In any case, Steele could easily claim that Zaalt was killed in combat (not that he was if that choice was indeed taken).

As for Taivra, she was the sole authority in her little village. You just breezed though the place and stomped everyone. The only person that can stop Steele is... you. The player.

Also, I've noticed that Savin likes dark things. He loves kittens and puppies and cute girls, but he likes dark things too.

Reactions: ShySquare

Night

Aug 26, 2015
There are a lot of things I don’t like and would complain about. The focus on a majority of npcs being dom herms with huge cocks and the occasional riya. I see it so much and it’s pointl to keep complaining about it, in my opinion at least. But something that always bothers me is being forced into some things. A main example being a few times where in my just reading through a character’s dialogue and next scene my pc is suddeny Being made to do something; say sucking someone off when you weren’t even given an option to or not.

There aren’t a lot of scenes that do it but a few that have irked me the most were nayna and mirrin’s initial sex scenes. On both occasions instead of being given options to maybe do something else you such them off. Sad to say but it’s that that’s kept me from ever revisiting some well written characters. Or even triggering some events. Before it was changed and now warns you before entering Poe A I would never even bother to involve myself with it because at the time it was just being introduced I didn’t know you be forced into a sometimes drastic transformation.

Aside from those I’d say the combat isn’t good, but I keep having to remind myself this is a smut game not an action rpg.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Someone's going to hate me for saying this...

I can't stand this obsession over (hyper) female futas. They're everywhere, they're a plague. Why write content for males or females when you could just take the cheap and easier way out by writing about someone who can do both roles? Do pure males or females still get written? Yes but there's a large gap in the ratio. Here's a suggestion; Make each month centered around a particular gender and derived fetishes, push writers to work with a particular type of content and then cycle it around, that way everyone gets a little of everything. If we're going to have more futas then at least add some male-looking ones to the equation, goddamn it!

I also have a complaint about the sexual roles. Right now dom and subs are very much stuck in this white and black spectrum. There's more to domination than being an arrogant, condescending asshole, just like there's more to submission than being a willing wet noodle. Not everyone is into being treated like trash (sub role) nor does everyone like it when their subs are so basic and boring. Add some character, some spice, to the NPCs; sexual corruption takes time, it shouldn't be given from the get go; Not everything has to be so cut and dry, so rough. Some gentleness, some romantic feelings wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
An addendum

5. Kiro's orgy scene. Not because the scene itself, but because it pops out too often, at a point that it bcomes really annoying.
6. Alex bar's blurb. Seriously this:

Your attention is drawn by a tall and very pretty... Man? Woman? A very pretty person leaning against the bar, clad in baggy pants tucked into boots and a strip of cloth wrapped tightly around their very flat chest. That combined with the close-cropped hair and slight but noticeable muscle tone makes you want to say it’s a man, but their lithe, narrow waist and flared hips imply otherwise. Before you can make a call, the person in question flashes you a brilliant smile your way and beckons you over.

is quite a pretentious description/into for who is probrably the most forgettable NPC in the whole game. More notorious/relevant NPC have less ambitious blurbs. I'm probably overreacting to it, but it kinda angers me each time that I read it.

7. The large amount of weaponry with relvatively quick obsolensence. Same can be said for armor. There are exceptions to said rule, like the Royal Shard Bow or the SteeleTeech suit, tho.

Khaaveren

Dec 29, 2017
Ninth Hell of the Abyss, BC, Canada
I've already posted my complaint about the combat system, found here: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/what-content-would-you-like-added.3107/page-110#post-222197. But one other thing that rather grinds my gears is how certain NPC's whom you can't impregnate can take Steele's out-sized penis (sometimes being 45.7cms/18 inches or more), but ones you can impregnate can't handle it. For example, the bunny shop-keeper Ilaria on Tavros can't be impregnated if you're bigger than about 40 odd centimeters (sixteen or seventeen inches), but you can stick a dick 60 centimeters (2 feet) into Yammi. At one point, one of my Steel's had a 90 cm long schwanger (3 feet), and I went and banged Anno with it no problem. A little continuity would be nice in this respect.

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
Make each month centered around a particular gender and derived fetishes, push writers to work with a particular type of content and then cycle it around, that way everyone gets a little of everything.

Protip: pushing volunteer writers to write content they aren't into isn't going to accomplish anything. It'll just mean less content overall is getting written.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Someone's going to hate me for saying this...

Yep.

Here's a suggestion; Make each month centered around a particular gender and derived fetishes, push writers to work with a particular type of content and then cycle it around, that way everyone gets a little of everything.

Why would anybody ever do that.

No, really. Give me one reason why somebody who writes for free out of passion for the game would ever say, "Yeah, I'm not into {X} thing at all but sure I'll put fifty hours into writing it for no reason."