Consensus on Yandere characters?

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I honestly don't get what's wrong with the name! I literally went on a random name generator, chose the gender and the ethnicity, and that popped up. Would it really be better if I changed her name to like Madison or something? :negativeman:

Nah, you can keep the name whatever, I just saw "yandere" and I'm already not a fan of the anime archetype personalities, then I saw the name and my brain immediately went "FUCKIN' WEEEEEEEBS" and that's that.

I guess it just seems kinda... predictable.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Nah, you can keep the name whatever, I just saw "yandere" and I'm already not a fan of the anime archetype personalities, then I saw the name and my brain immediately went "FUCKIN' WEEEEEEEBS" and that's that.

I guess it just seems kinda... predictable.

Nani desu ka?!

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
In my view, even if they weren't a trope, purposefully making an extremely obsessive character is never going to be a happy thing to create. Might even be downright distasteful.

Jelly Bean

Oct 21, 2017
In my view, even if they weren't a trope, purposefully making an extremely obsessive character is never going to be a happy thing to create. Might even be downright distasteful.
...why? I'm not sure what makes her so fucked up compared to, like, Riya. Literally everything up to the bad end is pretty vanilla except for some possessiveness/dominant tendencies. And the bad end itself isn't even that bad! It's gonna be like the MiloDaddy bad end (forced impregnation and eventually accepting your shitty circumstances) but that's it. No gore. No death. If it's not your fetish, I've provided an easy way to never see her again. So if you could please explain to me what you might find "distasteful" about her, I'd be very grateful.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
...why? I'm not sure what makes her so fucked up compared to, like, Riya. Literally everything up to the bad end is pretty vanilla except for some possessiveness/dominant tendencies. And the bad end itself isn't even that bad! It's gonna be like the MiloDaddy bad end (forced impregnation and eventually accepting your shitty circumstances) but that's it. No gore. No death. If it's not your fetish, I've provided an easy way to never see her again. So if you could please explain to me what you might find "distasteful" about her, I'd be very grateful.

You're writing in someone who has an inherent and potentially grim psychological problem and then playing it for levity in a goofy sexy game. The very nature of her existence is that you're getting people to like her because her psychological problem is actually supposed to be a fetish for some reason. I can only see it as being really fucked up on a personal level.

At the same time, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, only that you really have to not mess it up if you try. Then again, it's not my approval you need, it's Fen's or Savins and I couldn't say what they think of this.

Jelly Bean

Oct 21, 2017
You're writing in someone who has an inherent and potentially grim psychological problem and then playing it for levity in a goofy sexy game. The very nature of her existence is that you're getting people to like her because her psychological problem is actually supposed to be a fetish for some reason. I can only see it as being really fucked up on a personal level.

At the same time, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, only that you really have to not mess it up if you try. Then again, it's not my approval you need, it's Fen's or Savins and I couldn't say what they think of this.
Okay. I get where you're coming from. And I'm trying really, really hard not to mess it up too. Actually, the easiest way to prevent a major fuckup on my part is probably to post the document here for other people to give their input, so I'm putting the link in the OP.

...This thread should really be in the Ideas subforum, now that I think about it. Hey @Savin, could you help with that?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Rayleh is pretty yan.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Confession: am not actually anime fan. Every bit of information I got about yanderes is from Yandere Simulator.

yan dev is a giant weeb, your model is a tropey trope trope trope and I even bought one of his limited edition tshirts to support his weebness lol

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
As I hate bad ends a lot as 'content' .. that part of it is an "ugh." for me. The rest of the idea sounds kind of fun.

Nekotamaishi

Aug 31, 2016
Well there is an alternative to the bad end. I mean, if you win, you can send her to Gastigoth.

Nah, I feel the same way about bad ends as most people around here do "Forced" transformations. I just don't believe in them. Every situation should be able to be worked out of somehow or allow you to continue playing with penalties. But I realize that is just my viewpoint.

Reactions: J-Hope Trash

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Reactions: Freed85

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
I have to say, im not a weeb or anything (Dont even watch anime) but i do like the concept a lot and the writing is pretty smooth.

One question though, how would the bad end play out if the PC is female?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The effort to resolve the problem of having kids with someone who doesn't have a dick to impregnate you with is peanuts in comparison to the effort needed to kidnap them in the TiTS setting.

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
The effort to resolve the problem of having kids with someone who doesn't have a dick to impregnate you with is peanuts in comparison to the effort needed to kidnap them in the TiTS setting.

Well maybe they could do a thing where the PC is alone with jane (e.g jane brings you to her ship), and she attacks them with a tranquilizer or some other narcotic.

Then either beat her in 5 turns or less or if you have high reflexes, avoid the jab and do a normal fight where if you lose, she stabs you with a syringe and you pass out.

I dont think shields are capable of blocking something as direct as a syringe right?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015

It's still not as hard as coming up with a plausible way of blackmailing Steele outside of drugs.

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
It's still not as hard as coming up with a plausible way of blackmailing Steele outside of drugs.

I dont really see what the PC can do that is black mail-able. Maybe a crewmember has a dark past or a secret that jane will use to blackmail you with?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm kinda curious about how this yandere character would react to a Steele who already has shitloads of kids.