Confusion about items & attributes (Power Armor use)

Daleisme

Dec 26, 2018
So because there is no information related to the use or training of or requirements of Power Armor, what is needed to use it? Not to mention weapons which are commonly found that require Power Armor seem under powered. My impression is this: You need Physique to wear Power Armor, and you need Aim to use Ranged Weapons (or weapons in general) that list Power Armor. Unless I am mistaken? Is there a place to train in the use of Power Armor or do you as noted above just need proper attributes? I have played through a huge portion of the game, I just feel like getting to max level, and doing the majority of the missions, quests, etc leaves little to do. Power Armor is the only thing that eludes me.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I'm pretty sure there are no requirements, other than some weapons requiring either Power Armor or something like 40 Physique. Those would be the weapons that are tagged with power armor

As far as I know, you can wear power armor teh moment you find a suit (of which there's currently only one in-game)

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Power Armor has no requirements, just like any other armor. Weapons with the Power Armor tag require tons of Physique to use, but as ranged weapons also require Aim for damage and stuff. But it's very easy to max all stats, so there's not really a point to it right now. And Mercs, the most likely to use Power Armor, can get a perk that removes the Physique requirement on those weapons.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Ramshackle Power Armor (The only type currently in the game) does require 40 Physique to equip, possibly as a result of having the 'Power Armor' flag, which was added to prevent players from equipping certain weapons without 40 Physique or are not wearing Power Armor.

It's either a bug or a weird design decision.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
But it's very easy to max all stats, so there's not really a point to it right now.
Actually I got hit with a debuff from a quadomme and that made my Steele unable to weild her weapon for that entire fight. Using heavy weapons without the Bigger Guns perk or power armor does make Steele susceptible to getting corn holed by a STR debuff.

Reactions: Zavos

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Actually I got hit with a debuff from a quadomme and that made my Steele unable to weild her weapon for that entire fight. Using heavy weapons without the Bigger Guns perk or power armor does make Steele susceptible to getting corn holed by a STR debuff.
Hadn't thought about that...

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ramshackle Power Armor (The only type currently in the game) does require 40 Physique to equip, possibly as a result of having the 'Power Armor' flag, which was added to prevent players from equipping certain weapons without 40 Physique or are not wearing Power Armor.

It's either a bug or a weird design decision.

HA. That's amazing.