Combat and QoL Feedback Thread

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Yup, I'm all about the tank builds for some of the same reasons.

I'm going to have to drop Manual and experiment with the Ults once I get the time to play with the rework.

And I wonder if Quint is more viable now that his Stance is action-economy free.
Quin's stance is not action economy free, as it's a Recharge rather than At-Will.

That being said, Quin's At-Will has been upscaled and now heals Health, and he doesn't have the downside of doing split damage, so at the very least I'd say he's viable.

Erzulie

Oct 4, 2021
How I missed that Recharge 1 I'll never know. Put it down to not using Quin very much.

gzyang2006

Jun 17, 2022
Soothing Dance seems incredibly weak for a small heal and Aroused removal. Maybe it should have a better scaling, or bring other utility effects such as removing staggered and sundered, or both? See Great Heal
It would also help Quin be a bit better too

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah I think a lot of resolve based abilities are getting numbers fixed, so for now I think a few of them will be uh, weak.

Murloc Mazta

Apr 20, 2022
I must say, enemies always hitting the person with the most threat feels great and means that I can finally tell who actually has the most threat since the gem is practically useless for me (red-green colourblind).

Murloc Mazta

Apr 20, 2022
Oh shit we should probably make an accessibility option for that
Well good to know that there actually isn't one, since I just assumed that I was missing an option to turn on a number or symbol or something not colour-based and I was being a dumbass who couldn't find it.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Well now its been noted, and it would probably be simple to add for all the spectrums. So that was an inadvertent need that most everyone glossed over lol.

Blueboy

Dec 7, 2020
I've been having some trouble playing as a tease-based charmer in dark difficulty. All of the following is based on my experience on dark difficulty.
I don't do enough damage, in a good fight, I hope my song of splendor hits at least 150 on a crit, a lot of the time it will hit 80-110 on crits.

1. There is no way to increase lust/tease attacks
While the majority of physical and magical attacks are based on Attack Power (AP) and Spell Power (SP) respectively, nearly all charmers tease attacks and other spells are based on presence. Physical and magical champions can increase that damage easily with weapons and buffs. Charmers are stuck with sexiness which is tagged on most of the armor and items they use, it just feels bad that the main stat on your equips is geared towards accuracy. The main debuff charmers have is arouse and that only helps you if you have magic damage. Your spells like enamor and lust tag are locked behind other champions. These spells don't really add much to damage anyway so it's probably a moot point.

2. All the tease-based champions got worse because of the higher health pool*
With the exception Quin who is somewhat useful on the mage arson team. Azzy was the only good tease champion in the previous patches but now shits hits like a wet noodle when compared to other offensive champions like Brint/Breienne, Kiyoko, and Arona. Dancer cait's damage and skills are even more laughable, and yeah Quin is only useful on a mage team because of firewalk and the extra chip damage from it adds up now that health and resolve are pooled.

That's pretty much I got from the update, I was happy to be able to add Azzy alongside my theif but she performed subpar, so I decided to hunt down my old charmer char and test things out. It's been a while since I played a charmer so I may be missing some gear. If the new gear is just more stats for sexiness don't bother telling me about it. I doubt it would help since I'm already close to being capped out at 100.

Gear was:
Temptation > Sexiness

Everything else in the patch was great, the stance change was probably the best QoL update.

Reactions: Erzulie

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
insightful stuff
While there's a lot of great stuff in here that I agree with and need to work on, there are a few things I wanna address rq

Charmers are stuck with sexiness which is tagged on most of the armor and items they use, it just feels bad that the main stat on your equips is geared towards accuracy.
So uh
technically, Sexiness is also Attack Power/Spellpower for teases, in addition to accuracy
It was scaled down because giving that sort of thing full scaling would have been a fucking mess at the time, but that's liable to change in the (hopefully) not-so-distant future
Which meant that things that scaled with presence also scaled with sexiness, in many of those cases. It's just really really hard to notate and properly color code and indicate the sources of all the scaling in current build and catch the ones that slip through the cracks because of the multi-faceted scaling for a lot of these

Physical and magical champions can increase that damage easily with weapons and buffs
The above said, there probably do need to be more Sexiness boosts and the like scattered about

close to being capped out at 100.
With the health changes and some other stuff, the cap here is liable to be removed altogether in the same change as the first point I made

The main debuff charmers have is arouse and that only helps you if you have magic damage
So, the point of most of the debuffs that are split across the types like this is more about providing potentially interesting syngeries with your allies (or even within your own abilities, depending on your build) whose attacks or abilities apply to that category. It was actually one of the core problems with arouse originally in that you should have just never taken advantage of it with any team because damage split across the health bars was just always worse than focused on the one. Now, it's at least providing something. A lot of those could still use some tweaking, mind you, but that's the intent.

What's interesting to me is how opposite some of your stances on the state of a few of the companions are when compared to a lot of the other input I've received. I look forward to seeing where everything lands post-changes.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
With the changes to threat, and with stances starting out activated, I feel like Atugia should have her Ancestral Judgement changed (or, changed again, since it previously got changed from shooting an enemy with some spectral bow). Ancestral Judgement does have a use case in situations where an enemy has an aoe attack, and that is a fairly common one, and the skill has some pretty significant uptime. That said, because of the removal of random targeting, it's now only useful in that situation (or if your damage dealer overpowers Atugia's threat generation, but that's just a skill issue), and since Atugia should have the highest threat on your team, it's pretty much useless against any power which only targets one person. Essentially, I think that it should have some benefit for Atugia herself. She's funneling damage onto herself, whether because of threat or because of the AJ shields, so she's taking all of the damage, and I think AJ should do something for her on top of the damage funnel.

Though also, aside from that, the shield it generates seems to have an odd scaling. A level 2 Atugia's AJ provides her allies a 39 hp shield, and at level 6... it's 43? Even if you don't change it so that it provides some effect to herself aside from the ally protection, I think the shield should probably be increasing by a lot more than just one hp per level. Though my level 4 characters have her giving a 42 hp shield (43 with the Black Mage's Arcane Attunement buff active), so. I don't really know what the scaling is like, but it feels like it's probably too low.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Ancestral Judgement does have a use case in situations where an enemy has an aoe attack, and that is a fairly common one, and the skill has some pretty significant uptime
Yes
And you can expect to see even more AoEs in upcoming content and bosses and the like because it's how we hit those allies now and provide an actual threat to them. It's still a super valuable power, especially on someone like Tui. It's staying intentionally

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Yes
And you can expect to see even more AoEs in upcoming content and bosses and the like because it's how we hit those allies now and provide an actual threat to them. It's still a super valuable power, especially on someone like Tui. It's staying intentionally
Fair enough. If more aoe attacks get used, then it definitely will be valuable. I still do think that the scaling on the shields is a bit too low though.

Also, the text after encounters should probably be changed to not mention your companion's xp gain, since it just says that your companions gain 0 xp now.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
A question to the new mechanical changes...

Weapons with elemental or enchanted damage, scale with Willpower?

Sometimes using Sanctified Gladius with different characters the damage varies or maybe it's my imagination

gzyang2006

Jun 17, 2022
Yes
On a related not does that mean the priority for damage nullification in any build will be Evasion > Phys/Magic/Mental Resist?

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
On a related not does that mean the priority for damage nullification in any build will be Evasion > Phys/Magic/Mental Resist?
No, because different AoEs target different things, and single-target damage will still be effective

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
IMPHO the best part of this last patch was the removal of resolve and all companions will always be at your level and exp level even if never used

i just love it, only draw back is certain strategies are no longer effective, i remember certain enemies had a ton of hp but low resolve giving you an easier method of beating them if you had a lust type build

Reactions: Alypia

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
i just love it, only draw back is certain strategies are no longer effective, i remember certain enemies had a ton of hp but low resolve giving you an easier method of beating them if you had a lust type build
Most of those still work, it just requires paying attention to their vulnerabilities

Reactions: Alypia