CoC2 Wiki

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Am I blind, or are the Brienne and Brint articles not categorised as sexable?

I was tempted to change it quickly, but no it hasn't that tag.
The companions are on the rework list, but will take a while. The tag is, as far as a cursory glance tells me, not really a good indicator to use.
Not sure if we should even keep that one, I think a "non-sexable" tag would make more sense, keeping everyone else as sexable.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Personally, I would use both "sexable" and "non-sexable" categories, as an article lacking any information on the matter could lead to think something's missing.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
I just created a page for a general walkthrough if anyone wants to help fill it out. Ideally it'd do a decent well paced path through the zones and hit as much content as possible, linking to other wiki pages with instructions in between. This could also be useful for identifying content that needs wiki pages about them, since when you go to link to them the page won't exist and will show the red link for someone to add.

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Walkthrough

I'd like it if we avoided re-inventing the wheel with in-depth explainers in the walktrhough that would be better placed in other wiki pages for whatever you're going in-depth about. It should be fairly streamlined and be more focused on where to go and less on how to do things.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I just created a page for a general walkthrough if anyone wants to help fill it out. Ideally it'd do a decent well paced path through the zones and hit as much content as possible, linking to other wiki pages with instructions in between. This could also be useful for identifying content that needs wiki pages about them, since when you go to link to them the page won't exist and will show the red link for someone to add.

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/CoC2/Walkthrough

I'd like it if we avoided re-inventing the wheel with in-depth explainers in the walktrhough that would be better placed in other wiki pages for whatever you're going in-depth about. It should be fairly streamlined and be more focused on where to go and less on how to do things.
This is a good idea! I added some bits and pieces to it, more as a framework than as actual content. Each of the little bullet points under the different areas probably ought to get no more than a sentence. Hopefully that's not too in-depth! Don't be afraid to trim what I wrote to keep the pace up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squirrelwagon

Almainyny

May 15, 2021
Not sure if this fits this topic, but today anytime I try to look at the various character articles, I get an error like this: [1c84337c11b5a316d1794ed4] 2021-05-15 02:39:12: Fatal exception of type "Error"

Most of the other pages work fine, but the character pages at least are impossible for me to see.

Edit: I take it back, a ton of pages aren’t working, actually. Characters, items, quests, and more. Not sure what the connection is, if any.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Is there someone we can message about getting limited source code access to help contribute to the wiki? Like, get sent all the stuff for a quest or character so we can be informed while adding things?

Reactions: Jorr The Great

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Is there someone we can message about getting limited source code access to help contribute to the wiki? Like, get sent all the stuff for a quest or character so we can be informed while adding things?
Sorry, is there any news on this? Someone mentioned on Discord that something might be happening but I haven't heard from anyone since.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Is there a source to find credits if applicable for the CGs? It's not in the Version History and I don't want to upload art to the wiki without crediting the artist.

2ux

May 25, 2021
I am also curious about source code possibilities. I would like to know the specifics about certain stats and numbers. I use the wiki a lot, so I very much would like to help keep it up to date. :] Is the discord a better place to get wiki info?

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
the what section in the outdated category?

also i actually forgot i was using that as an update log

CertainCorners

Aug 4, 2021
I've been collecting information on weapons, attire, enemies, and powers because I'd noticed that the wiki was often missing information, had the wrong stat values, or had the wrong scaling.

I think I've collected all of the attire and weapons, or 99% of them at least.
Same with Enemies. I'm missing Kobolds, because I brought Lyric with me to Undermountain and she turned them non-hostile.
I'm working on powers at the moment. I've gotten the bulk of the trainer/enemy powers, and I know at least a couple weren't on the wiki at all. I've separated the tags out into columns so that the table is sortable by tag, and the scaling for the powers have been corrected and color-coded. I need to hunt down a couple of item-enabled powers and consumables, and fill out the Learn column, which I'll do tomorrow.

I thought this might be useful for folks working on the wiki (at least marginally), or just in general if you want a sortable table to find specific damage types, power tags, and so on.

Libelous

Aug 2, 2016
ohh kk that is why i got confused about it not being updated
Fuck it, I'll write an update on whats happening/been happening:

The Wiki is being updated, agonizingly slow unfortunately due to a mater of my life and academic problems, but uh it still being updated. In recent time, the wiki has had other editors, namely: zagzig (updating and adding content at an astounding rate), Alypia (adding and updating in the content she's written), Silverwing235 (finding numerous typographical and grammatical errors not just in the CoC2Wiki, but in the other smutosaur linked wikis as well), other smaller editors who help add or fix details on a few pages, and those that have helped and worked on the Walkthrough on the wiki, each of which I am extremely thankful for their contribution, especially the big 3.

I on the other hand am currently, although slowly, updating all the codices, before adding the Glacial Rift Selkies and Avanai Rider (since I've done the Glacial Rift Siorcanna and Jotuns already), returning to finish HornetQuest (and everything related with it), then either first updating most of the Old Forest or returning back to Harboring A Fugitive (and everything related with it) <which i had failed in my promise to updated it almost a year ago, I apologize to the people who were expecting/waiting for it>. I believe if found a finalized wiki format for most of pages I would say, such as but not limited to:
  • Bad End Formatting and Details
  • Characters (people in locations/people of a certain race/people involved in a quest - will use this format) [note that most of these are custom wiki headshots, characters who have busts/full bodies are cropped and resized to fit a 125px dimension, and the headshots from the game files are too low rez and choppy to have it stretch properly]
  • Maps (not really so new) - built from scratch in photoshop as there is no actual game map file
  • Quest Formatting - i think it speaks for itself in terms of varying details and information?
  • Sex formatting - although i'm still toying with this format

All of which for the sake of easier and better information efficiency and aesthetic.

TLDR: yes its being updated, sorry its been slow as balls, zagzig and Alypia and Silverwing235 are other editors that contribute greatly

EDIT 1: and a Map Overlay (the newer one in relation to maps) and I am the one who "maintains" and created the CoC2 Update Cycle that sometimes gets tossed around every now and then to help answer some general questions.

Attachments

• Bad End Formatting.png
    Bad End Formatting.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Characters.png
    Characters.png
    788.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Maps.png
    Maps.png
    239.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Quest.png
    Quest.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Sex Scenes.png
    Sex Scenes.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Map Overlay.png
    Map Overlay.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Update CycleV3.4.png
    Update CycleV3.4.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I don't know if it's tied to it, but Evergreen doesn't have a "Characters" category. Similarly, she has an "Impregnateable" category that should be "Can be Impregnated".

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I don't know if it's tied to it, but Evergreen doesn't have a "Characters" category. Similarly, she has an "Impregnateable" category that should be "Can be Impregnated".
The character categories are kind of a mess. If, god willing, we get to a point where there aren't like 20 characters who aren't even written up yet (looks at list of names that includes Lyla, Lyric, Daliza, Gweyr, everybody in the Undermountain and Khor'minos), we can start trying to standardise those.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Speaking of standardising stuff, I'd keep an eye on "Wanted pages" to see if there are red links to elements that already exist with a different name.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Hmm... it seems that the Minotaurs page has the character mugshots at the end a bit switched around. Nottia has the Spectral smith bust, The spectral smith has Marilla's bust, etc.

Reactions: Libelous

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
With Spotty's approval, cut a bunch of stuff from Ryn's page to reduce clutter, then added a bunch of stuff to account for post-WC content and other things.

Page still isn't fully updated, and I am awful at formatting so idk if it looks all right, but it's in much better shape than it was.

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
The wiki didn't update information on the sleepy snake in the Frostwood (Vatia), doesn't have pages for characters like Gweyr, and pages for some quests are still incomplete.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
The wiki didn't update information on the sleepy snake in the Frostwood (Vatia), doesn't have pages for characters like Gweyr, and pages for some quests are still incomplete.
Also, water is wet. Now over to Jason with Sports.

Reactions: Shrike675

Raginmund

Aug 21, 2021
Would Atugia be classified as human, prior to her becoming a dullahan? I know that the wiki page for her is out of date, but I saw that the species she's listed as is human, yet the categories at the bottom seems to stipulate that she'd only fall under the dullahan category (or at least at the moment, due to the page being outdated, hence me asking the question).
As seen here:
1630415745016.png

1630416072596.png

So I was wondering that if / when the page is updated would both (human and dullahan) be apt to list for her (Atugia)? In line with what is reflected for both Jael'yn and Queen Alissa.
As seen here:
1630415840021.png

1630415860521.png
Jael'yn

1630415896536.png

1630415916198.png
Queen Alissa

I see that Kasyrra's species is listed as human (formerly), so I guess that could indicate that if the PC meets the NPC in their current category species they wouldn't be listed under their previous category species (before the PC met them, as in Kasyrra wouldn't be listed under the humans category because the PC hadn't met her while she was still human - although I'm not sure about the species she can TF into via her demonic nature, guess those wouldn't count for listing purposes).
If that is indeed the case though (with regards to the PC meeting requirement speculation), then I guess Atugia's page would list "Species: Human (formerly), Dullahan", and the categories would just reflect "Categories: xyz, Dullahan".

So yeah, just curious of the above. Would appreciate some insight.