CoC: HTML Edition (0.1.2 alpha)

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm still working on CoC HTML.

The code will be mostly exported from ActionScript but the combat engine is entirely rewritten so it won't be as messy.

Check out the board on Trello for progress. You'll see I'm still making progress. At version 0.1 (probably coming this Sunday), you can expect to already be able to transform into 9 different races. You'll be able to explore 4 zones. You'll be able to take Rathazul and Jojo to your camp.

Just a quick question but will the save editor still work?

Unfortunately, no. Since there will be entirely different structure. However, the saves will be stored in JSON string, unobfuscated.

Nythias

Jan 3, 2016
Would it be possible to have this hosted on the site as a page that people can access via a link?

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Great news! The first alpha build has been released! Here's the major changes in version 0.1.

• Many more implementation of core functions. By now, I should be able to import and clean practically any content imported from Flash!
  • Addition of Forest, Lake, Desert, and Mountain.
  • Addition of Bee Girls, Green Slimes, Goo Girls, Hellhounds, Minotaurs, Nagas, and Sand Witches!
  • Rathazul and Jojo are in the game. You can even invite them to your camp.
  • Several items with functional transformations. There are also equipment that can be used.
  • Functional Perks and Status Effects!

Keep in mind that at the present time, level is capped at 5. This will be raised to 10 once I implement factory.

As this is only the alpha, expect to encounter bugs.

Would it be possible to have this hosted on the site as a page that people can access via a link?

Yes, that's what I will eventually do.

Last edited by a moderator:

f4s1k1n

Aug 28, 2015
Cannot encounter minotaur, goo girls don't attack, sometimes must double / triple click to take effect, imp female rape have 9/10 chance to skip the scene

gooblaster

Feb 18, 2016
Checked out the CoC Html Trello page, don't see Minerva in the lovers section(or anywhere for that matter)? Why is that? Just curious.

EDIT: I see there is an Oasis tower listed. Just gonna guess you forgot to add it in. Keep up the good work!

DmVirgin

Dec 16, 2015
What are the rules for messing around with the source code to try and make a variant game with this?

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Version 0.1.1 has been released.

• Jojo can now be corrupted and taken as slave.
  • Fixed Goo girl attacks.
  • The function for checking the number of items now work properly.
  • Some other bug fixes.
Cannot encounter minotaur, goo girls don't attack, sometimes must double / triple click to take effect, imp female rape have 9/10 chance to skip the scene

Not being able to encounter Minotaur? Last time I recalled, it works. Perhaps the RNG is not on your side? I'll investigate the Imp female rape. I've commented out the knockUp function since pregnancy is not in the game yet. Goo girl attacks should be fixed.

What are the rules for messing around with the source code to try and make a variant game with this?

You're free to play with the source code.

f4s1k1n

Aug 28, 2015
Not being able to encounter Minotaur? Last time I recalled, it works. Perhaps the RNG is not on your side? I'll investigate the Imp female rape. I've commented out the knockUp function since pregnancy is not in the game yet. Goo girl attacks should be fixed.

My bad, it seems that when i opened it again the encounter is fixed,,, weird,,,

FrozenPotatoe

Jan 29, 2016
I'm playing as a female character and if I try to flee from a battle with a hellhound I get the text 'The thought of another male in your area competing for all the pussy infuriates you! No way will you run!You turn tail and attempt to flee!'

Also waiting in any battle will result in being attacked by the goo girl, no matter who I'm fighting.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Errr... does this mean I need to move over to HTML coding instead of ActionScript? 

Since I was planning on adding content.

Ironclad

Dec 5, 2015
So the game's officially done. Any progress? I've noticed load times have been getting worse recently, so I was hoping this might improve things.

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The game is still being developed though slowly. It'll take some time to port the farm scenes over to the game. Though I suspect that the schedule I mentioned won't be enough, seeing as I'm still making patches for CoC mod. It'll take a long time before 0.2 will be released.

As of right now, it doesn't have a web address. If I can, I would. You can use F12 key to open up console however.

darsafarg

Apr 10, 2016
Sorry to be a bother and ask something which has already been asked, but will this re implementation have any significant implications for writers? It was my understanding that part of the difficulty of modifying the old CoC was the sort of patchwork case by case coding. Now that the main game is more or less feature complete and since you are doing a re implementation I have to wonder if you think that a more streamlined way of inserting content could be devised. Or is this code clean up job more of something for your own personal sanity? I can't say I know how to code, so forgive me if this entire post is based on faulty presumptions of the nature of this implementation, or what you intend to do with it, other than react to the deprecation of flash. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Will this version contain any content from Revamp?

All HTML Edition in principal is moving whole revamp contest from flash to html so each new version will have new chunks of revamp.

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Sorry about the long wait.

And yes, the HTML version will contain the content from revamp mod.

Version 0.1.2 has been released with the addition of Giacomo, Lumi, Marcus & Lucia. Town Ruins is currently a stub. Farm is currently inaccessible though you can manually use console to access the Farm though it'll be a stub.

If you have coding knowledge, go crazy and contribute!

fwyrl

May 28, 2016
So, just a warning: I've noticed that vanilla CoC's weighted RNG is, well, terrible. It can yield the same result hundreds of times in a row, regardless of probability (I had a 1/10 chance not proc for over 4 or 5 hundred tries, then proc every time for the next few dozen attempts, and about half the time after that - And I know I'm not the only one who's had this issue). If you haven't already, I'd suggest replacing it.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
So, just a warning: I've noticed that vanilla CoC's weighted RNG is, well, terrible. It can yield the same result hundreds of times in a row, regardless of probability (I had a 1/10 chance not proc for over 4 or 5 hundred tries, then proc every time for the next few dozen attempts, and about half the time after that - And I know I'm not the only one who's had this issue). If you haven't already, I'd suggest replacing it.

The RNG Thinks. The RNG Feels. THE RNG HATES...

cheesebehemoth

Feb 28, 2016
Sometimes when I explore a location I just get a blank screen and the option to explore somewhere else.  I'm pretty sure this is caused by encounters being broken, because no matter how many times I explore I'm not able to access certain content (Jojo and goo-girls are the ones I noticed were absent).  I checked the console for a broken encounter in the forest and it showed this:

CoC.png

Any help?

Also, does running away just not work yet?

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Sooo, a male-only, or male-oriented version of this game could be done in parallel to this version. I dunno, changing scene by scene, using the main ones as a base and simply changing body parts. Still, it'll take a lot of time but it could be done bit by bit.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Sooo, a male-only, or male-oriented version of this game could be done in parallel to this version. I dunno, changing scene by scene, using the main ones as a base and simply changing body parts. Still, it'll take a lot of time but it could be done bit by bit.

If you wanna take the time to do that yourself then that's fine but don't expect kitteh to take time he could be using to add more content to the game on instead sifting through and revising old content. Converting everything to HTML is already a big enough undertaking as it is.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
If you wanna take the time to do that yourself then that's fine but don't expect kitteh to take time he could be using to add more content to the game on instead sifting through and revising old content. Converting everything to HTML is already a big enough undertaking as it is.

Well, as a side project, I'd like to try rewriting some female enemies into male variants, for start, since there isn't too much text about them.

Or, i could write a male variant for Callu, since she's the only NPC (besides Giacomo) at the moment. Have you and idea for a male name for Callu, or it sounds uni-gendered enough?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well, as a side project, I'd like to try rewriting some female enemies into male variants, for start, since there isn't too much text about them.

Or, i could write a male variant for Callu, since she's the only NPC (besides Giacomo) at the moment. Have you and idea for a male name for Callu, or it sounds uni-gendered enough?

Well, I've seen Caillou as a male name. So why not Callu?

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Well, there goes nothing:

You watch the fish for a few minutes until you notice that you're not alone on the shoreline. Further down the sandy beaches sits a solitary, masculiine figure, his legs parted and arched. A fishing rod is held lazily in his hands. You trace the fishing line with your eyes, seeing a little piece of flotsam bobbing up and down a fair distance into the water.");
        outputText("<br><br>You decide to approach this figure, who notices your advance. You spot him subtly shift his position, as though he's readying his body to bolt if you turn out to be hostile. But still, he lets you approach. The closer you get, the more of his features you can make out. His skin appears to be covered from head to toe with a layer of damp, brown fur. A long, thick tail sticks out from behind him, at least as wide-around as his leg, narrowing down into a rounded tip. A damp mess of sun-bleached blonde, short hair, frames an otter-like face with a cute, black button nose over his muzzle. His body, which is lithe and toned like that of a champion swimmer, is covered only by a set of black swimshorts. Beneath them, a noticeable bulge seems to move from time to times as his legs shift. His chest is flat and chiseled, though not overly muscled, surely thanks to a lot of time spent swimming. Identifying this person as an otter-morph, you'd guess larger muscles would make it harder to swim.");

How is looking?