Sparks

Aug 7, 2018
So I'm building my character as a paladin-esque white mage. Thought about starting out as white mage for the histories, mostly acolyte, and getting all the skills then swapping to warrior, mostly for the veteran class perk. I tried this out at one point and went through the centaur village dungeon. When I got to the behemoth and beat him, I was kinda surprised that the rp option to try and heal him seemed to be tied exclusively to actively being a white mage. Having the history of being a white mage and having all the healing skills wasn't enough. While I understand that a complicated multiclassing system might not be feasible, or more generously just a long way off from something that could be implemented. I would love to just be able to swap out healer's hands with veteran, as the only healing skill I use is bark skin so I get 0 benefit from having it and veteran would benefit my playstyle infinitesimally. I've never been one for trying to abuse mechanics to make play styles that are broken but I know I'm probably in the minority in that regard and imagine this kind of perk swapping might be easily abused. I should also mention that trying to copy cait's red mage build is what originally led me to this idea, as she has class perks from 2/3 classes for hex leathers.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Companions don't have the versatility the Champ does when it comes to their freely assignable Powers and equipment, they're allowed more flexibility in perks.

Seeing how perks are the main thing that distinguishes classes from one another, I wouldn't go holding my breath expecting the game to allow you to swap them around independently of changing classes.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
To give a in lore reason why the champ is so fucking versitile because they learn things ludicrously fast and a bit of portal fuckery.