Character idea - ship engineers

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
So I was thinking of an idea for two shipmates, One kathrite and one ausar to work on your ships engines and mechanic systems (its a crap junker, its bound to have problems) The kathrite would be around 4 feet tall, thin and pretty weak but super intelligent female. The auser would be between 6 or 7 feet, incredibly muscular and not all that bright, also either female or a futa. The basic idea of these two are that they're dating and help each other by making up for the others weaknesses; and thats all i really have for them at present, basically I was hopping i could get some input for them, or better yet someone who can help write them up with me.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
if you need someone to write them you'd be better off commissioning them because even if people like your idea

but as far as your premise goes... its very lacking. Things to think about before you contact a writer for a commission..

• What kind of interaction you want the player to have with the npcIntroduction StuffWhat planet are they on?
  • Why do they join Steele?
  • Are they together when you meet them?
  • What type of pre-follower interaction should Steele have with the gals?
[*]Sex Scenes
[*]Talk Options
[*]Special Events
[*]Back Stories and Characterization
[*]Possible modification/customization (if you're into that)
[*]Accessibility (are they into girls/guys/herms) i'm against gender locking but if you're paying for it you may just want to do scenes that would be good for your pc's gender because it is a lot cheaper. Of course doing this also makes the npcs less likely to get in but... whatever.
If you're going to go forward with a commission one of the many talented writers (myself excluded, no offense but I wouldn't want to write them) on the forums check out the TiTs Commissions Thread and have a look see. Jim Thermic seems right up your alley

However if you're expecting someone to take pity on your submission I have one thing to say about that

tumblr_nxixispLHv1uiycibo1_500.gif
That is all, good day​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
Thankyou for the input, I think I'll try my hands at writing them first, and hopefully i'll be able to get back with more detailed parts for these characters. ^_^

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
The other thing is there is an expectation of Shekka being recruitable eventually as the ships engineer. It's not known how or even if this will eventually be implemented, but I'm pretty sure there's and lot of people who want this.

Would still like to see other possibilities anyway myself either way.

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
The other thing is there is an expectation of Shekka being recruitable eventually as the ships engineer. It's not known how or even if this will eventually be implemented, but I'm pretty sure there's and lot of people who want this.

I never thought of that, these characters are still pretty new so I may end up switching their jobs and what they do. If they can't be engineers i may switch them to a different job

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015

I can all but guarantee that she won't ever be, simply because that'd go against her general character. How can she ambitiously help and, dare I say it, lead the space-kobolds on your boat?

Now Aurora, maybe. As is oft requested. 

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Basing your submissions around something that someone might maybe do someday is a terrible idea anyway, take it from me. Base it on facts on the ground, and keep a flexible mindset.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I can all but guarantee that she won't ever be, simply because that'd go against her general character. How can she ambitiously help and, dare I say it, lead the space-kobolds on your boat?

Now Aurora, maybe. As is oft requested. 

She'd actually be able to help even more than she currently does, since her participation in actual Nova maintenance is minimal. While she's a major pillar of her community, she doesn't actually lead them, some unspecified 'elders' do.

Making credits would arguably be easier if she'd have both a wage from PC and the ability to tinker with stuff and sell it while Steele prances around planets.

The only problem I see is the fact that currently she has, at best, a moderate amount of interest in PC and is grateful for them to some extent. Some serious convincing, money throwing and/or questing would be necessary. Maybe hooking her up with a high-ranking Xenogen who also happens to be a decent sentient being would do the trick? Granted, they may be rarer than space unicorns.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
 The only problem I see is the fact that currently she has, at best, a moderate amount of interest in PC and is grateful for them to some extent. Some serious convincing, money throwing and/or questing would be necessary. Maybe hooking her up with a high-ranking Xenogen who also happens to be a decent sentient being would do the trick? Granted, they may be rarer than space unicorns.

Shekka has hints at a future quest once dealing with Carver becomes viable.

And you'd probably want to introduce her to someone in Steele Tech's new biomed division rather than Xenogen.