Chaingun

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
What do the "power armor" and "bonus hit rate" flags do, if anything? I can't find either on the wiki and they certainly aren't very self explanatory.

And is it possible to re-acquire the Aegis? I got rid of it back way before the change to weapons when it was pretty shite and would definitely like it over the chaingun.. I think.. Assuming the "bonus hit rate" isn't awesome.

Like it sounds that it hits faster or hits more times in one "shooting," yet it definitely doesn't do that on my Merc. So is it a mod to accuracy? If it is the accuracy I can't help but wonder why they need a special flag for this instead of just increasing accuracy normally.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
?? why did you sell it if you thought there was only one and your right there is only one

Because at the time it was a terrible weapon.

Save editing.

Yeah, I figured as much. Be kinda nice to see it as a drop from the other pirate jugger in that raid, especially since they go out of their way to mention he's using it.

Ah, well. Either of you know what those flags mean?

TFMaster

The power armor flag means that the weapon will interact with power armor in some way. Currently though one cannot get their hands on power armor so the only thing it does is make it so that you can't wield it unless you have the Bigger Guns perk for the Merc.

The Bonus Hit Chance gives the weapon an additional attack for example with the double shot perk you can fire it a total of three times.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
The power armor flag means that the weapon will interact with power armor in some way. Currently though one cannot get their hands on power armor so the only thing it does is make it so that you can't wield it unless you have the Bigger Guns perk for the Merc.
The Power Armor flag means that you can use the weapon with it, as you you noted, only if you are wearing power armor, have that one Merc perk, but also if you have enough phosique and/or tone and/or height.

The Bonus Hit Chance gives the weapon an additional attack for example with the double shot perk you can fire it a total of three times
This is completely wrong. When you attack multiple times either from Second Shot ect (which adds a another attack to your normal attack) or from a special ability every attack after the first has a penalty on the chance to hit. "Bonus Hit Chance" gets rid of that penalty, so every attack after the first in that turn has the equal chance to hit as the first.
Which after testing has a tendancy of making weapons rather beastly.

TFMaster

This is completely wrong. When you attack multiple times either from Second Shot ect (which adds a another attack to your normal attack) or from a special ability every attack after the first has a penalty on the chance to hit. "Bonus Hit Chance" gets rid of that penalty, so every attack after the first in that turn has the equal chance to hit as the first.

Ah I see, my bad! I must have been thinking of the flag that the Secure MP has that lets it attack an additional time, though I could be wrong again.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
The Secure MP has the same flag and thanks to it the Secure MP was a beast when it came out.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
The Power Armor flag means that you can use the weapon with it, as you you noted, only if you are wearing power armor, have that one Merc perk, but also if you have enough phosique and/or tone and/or height.

After fairly extensive testing with the chaingun against the Frostwyrm and various baddies on Uveto I can definitely confirm what you say is true. I've found that with the Stormbull shotgun, for example, using rapidshot means quite a few misses under standard use of rapidshot or just even the standard perked two-shot I've got, however using rapidshot or two-shot with the chaingun I generally hit every single shot after the first, which, considering it usually ended up staggered after my salvos, meant I was able to get the Frostwyrm and any other enemy that could be staggered down without significant issue. The only thing that was real annoying was the saber-cat-person jugger because it meant that he'd heal all the damage done when using rapidshot every time the stagger procc'd.

On an unrelated note I will also say that this ended up meaning a fair bit of hilarity for me when the level 9 stormguard woman at the base along the rift went down instantly to one rapidshot volley after challenging me and all I did is go to bed afterwards.

-------

Thank you both, however, for your answers and time! I got the answers I was looking for and appreciate the time given.