Catching up on a boatload of content since I last played...

Deleteman900

Aug 13, 2017
And I've found a mysterious orb in the old woods, in a dilapidated shrine. It mentions some stuff about it being a super important decision, tying my fate to one of the seven living gods or something, before I take the orb or leave it. Can someone give me a quick and dirty rundown on what is going on here? Is there some kind of system in place to track which god I'm aligned with? Will it have an impact later? Am I locking myself out of other content if I take Keros' orb?

TheShepard256

It's the only way to get Kiyoko as a companion (not yet implemented, though you can still interact with her), and will prevent you from siding with Taoth in the Keros v Taoth conflict (also not yet implemented) (assuming siding with Taoth will still be an option). Check the Observation Post of the Observer for more (since they're the one writing all of this, except siding with Taoth).

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Siding with Taoth will no longer be an option. This was announced several months ago, if I recall

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
And also unlocks Parenting Simulator when you have your first child with Kiyoko. The effects of your care on whom will effect how she will turn out as an adult (because timey wimey Astral Plane shenanigans). ;)

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Ah. I thought that might've been the case, but I wasn't certain (hence my ambiguity). In that case, picking up the Amulet will only give you access to more content, not lock you out of anything.
From my understanding it will lock you out some things, specifically anything that is tied to siding with any of the other Seven. Since picking up the orb ties your fate to Keros.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
And I've found a mysterious orb in the old woods, in a dilapidated shrine. It mentions some stuff about it being a super important decision, tying my fate to one of the seven living gods or something, before I take the orb or leave it. Can someone give me a quick and dirty rundown on what is going on here? Is there some kind of system in place to track which god I'm aligned with? Will it have an impact later? Am I locking myself out of other content if I take Keros' orb?

"Tying your fate with Keros" doesn't necessarily need to mean that you'll become one of his supplicants, it could go that route or it could also mean you're destined to oppose (or even end) him. Not mention, deicide is often followed by apotheosis. There's a number of ways this plotline could go really.

Last edited: