Can't we please tell this elf boy in Old Forest to fuck off for good?

desmosome

Jun 23, 2020
This sissy fuck is just always rolling around the forest trying to be gay on my PC since the very first steps I took outside of Hawkethorne. I came to terms with fucking futas up the ass, but nooo my asshole is staying nice and tight, and no messing with fuck bois.

If you are spamming explore to fish for a certain event, this asshole keeps coming up and the first choice is to get fucked by him, which will make me reload if i click it accidentally. I think some events that could get annoying should have options to tell them to never show up again.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Dude, just ignore him. And maybe don't hold the 1 button when you're clicking explore or hyper click through either.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
You could just fuck his ass, not like you need to get fucked.
Also I'm 90% certain that explore is on a different line from any options in his event (or in any event, really) so if you're spamming the explore button and the button in the top left, then you're going to miss the event you're spamming for. And if you're not doing that, then the only way you still somehow accidentally click on the "get fucked" option, that's a case of user error, to a degree that nobody else needs to care at all.

SSam

Jun 15, 2020
I wonder if CoC2 could have that rollback feature I see in a lot of renpy games. Be super nice to have for the occasional missclick or if you wanna peek down a conversation line before committing so you know what your getting into. Odds are it would be a codeing nightmare tho.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It already autosaves like every 5 minutes or something, and gives you a retry button on boss fights, do we really need any more.

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, overall I feel this game could really benefit from the ability to say "no" to certain encounters permanently. That is to say, an automatic "decline" system, like an option somewhere in the menu. Cause every so often we all have specific goals we're looking to accomplish, and having to go out of our way to decline invitations can definitely slow things down.

Granted, it's not that big of a deal when it comes down to it, but still. As someone who typically plays female characters, it'd be nice to not run the risk of accidental pregnancy cause I was looking for a specific event and mis-clicked somewhere. (I know there's contraceptives available in various formats, but even that can end up glossed over if you aren't fully paying attention.)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
if you aren't fully paying attention.
Yeah, this here is the operative language. You can't accidentally fuck or get fucked by elfboi unless you're being criminally inattentive because all of the options in his encounter are on a different row of the menu. Accidentally clicking/hitting a key because you weren't paying attention isn't a design issue, it's PEBKAC.

Now, an option in his menu to ignore him going forward might be possible since that sort of thing exists elsewhere, but a toggle for automatic declines of any sort wouldn't be reasonable.

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, this here is the operative language. You can't accidentally fuck or get fucked by elfboi unless you're being criminally inattentive because all of the options in his encounter are on a different row of the menu. Accidentally clicking/hitting a key because you weren't paying attention isn't a design issue, it's PEBKAC.

Now, an option in his menu to ignore him going forward might be possible since that sort of thing exists elsewhere, but a toggle for automatic declines of any sort wouldn't be reasonable.
Excellent points. I was just trying to think of a perspective in which someone is playing the game who (ironically) didn't want to engage in sex at all, or at least until a specific moment, or just not from random encounters. In that case, being able to say "no to all" would be immensely helpful. But hey, if it's impossible (or just, as you suggested, unreasonably difficult), then that's the end of it.

Side note: had to look up PEBKAC cause I'd never seen that before. That's friggin hilarious, I'll have to use that in the future.

Reactions: SSam

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I don't know if i agree with that, the controls aren't separated, my brain often makes mistakes communicating what i intend to my finger tips, i'll mean to hit 'w' and hit 'q' because the wiring for those two fingers are pretty freaking close together. If you had to move your hand around to click the various buttons i'd agree outright, but having something like '1' be "explore" "initiate combat" "say hello to friendly npc" 99% of the time and then 1% of the time its "have sex up your butt", muscle memory can really screw you over.

There's only a few instances in the game where a key that is associated with a bunch of basic instruction suddenly becomes a sex activation button. It wouldn't be a bad idea to review them. Fucking Dale is another example. You farm mats in the hills for doing up the floof den and you're playing a top champ who has a history getting done up the butt as a kid living on the streets who really doesn't want to ever have anal sex again and you can get really boned on that character by hitting 1 too fast like you have been for the last half an hour.

If you're new to the game you're likely to be reading ever scrap of text but for long time players, i'd expect just about all of us to skip through most of the sex scenes out in the combat areas. Off the top of my head i can only think of Dale and Elf-boy for whom the '1' key is butt sex, every other encounter in the game that is in a farming area does not have that. It's inconsistent and prone to problems from lack of attention, muscle memory and genuine errors. You can discount the first if that's the stance you want to take, maybe even the second if you're very insistent, but by the time you get to third it just comes across as petty mockery (not saying you're doing that btw, you're arguing the first).
Also, my own personal thing, this can be a bit of hardware error as well. I oftentimes play by pressing the number buttons on the side of my mouse, but the mouse is a little bit broken in that tapping the 1 can, and often will (at least in CoC2) register as two presses at once.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Also, my own personal thing, this can be a bit of hardware error as well. I oftentimes play by pressing the number buttons on the side of my mouse, but the mouse is a little bit broken in that tapping the 1 can, and often will (at least in CoC2) register as two presses at once.
Oh you too huh? Yeah it's also a mouse issue. Even if you're not reflex rushing through things, the mouse can screw you up if you're manually clicking and just so happen to have the "involuntary double-click" problem. It's instances like that it's why I resorted to using the keyboard for these games to begin with.

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
Maybe a way to cure the little Elf boy of his perpetual horniness could be created because at this point he just feels like a dangling event. "Hi, The red demon lady has made me perpetually horny, and jacking off doesn't work, can you help?" sounds like the should be a long term solution to fix, not just continuing to fuck him to keep him satisfied, like why hasn't this little guy met up with the Wyld elf troop yet? I am sure they wouldn't mind fucking him. The event is just a problem that the player sounds like they should have ways to solve, like taking him to Father Sanders to cure him, give him a magical elixir or just send him somewhere you know will fuck his twink ass so he isn't perpetually wandering the woods waiting for the extremely rare traveler to wander by for a fuck.

Tobey Maguire

Mar 10, 2020
Maybe a way to cure the little Elf boy of his perpetual horniness could be created because at this point he just feels like a dangling event. "Hi, The red demon lady has made me perpetually horny, and jacking off doesn't work, can you help?" sounds like the should be a long term solution to fix, not just continuing to fuck him to keep him satisfied, like why hasn't this little guy met up with the Wyld elf troop yet? I am sure they wouldn't mind fucking him. The event is just a problem that the player sounds like they should have ways to solve, like taking him to Father Sanders to cure him, give him a magical elixir or just send him somewhere you know will fuck his twink ass so he isn't perpetually wandering the woods waiting for the extremely rare traveler to wander by for a fuck.
That's probably future content but IDK

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
That's probably future content but IDK
"Future content"
Hugs ain't writing for CoC2 anymore so no, the elf is abandonware now. He ain't getting jack.

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
"Future content"
Hugs ain't writing for CoC2 anymore so no, the elf is abandonware now. He ain't getting jack.

huh, a bit of a development "Grey Area" Technically Project leader has say so on what happens to the properties inside of CoC2 but we do know the writers and developers have professional courtesy in that they like to ask permission on working on other creator's characters.

Do we know if Hugs is on Hiatus or has just quit forthright? Do we know if Savin has been in contact with Hugs and as such talked about Hug's content in the game? I am not trying to disrespect Hugs but if they are no longer gonna work on CoC2 then their "Creations" should be worked on by others so that they can be finished. Leaving unfinished or "Dead" events in Limbo just because that creator is no longer working on them would not be a great thing for the overall game.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Do we know if Hugs is on Hiatus or has just quit forthright? Do we know if Savin has been in contact with Hugs and as such talked about Hug's content in the game? I am not trying to disrespect Hugs but if they are no longer gonna work on CoC2 then their "Creations" should be worked on by others so that they can be finished. Leaving unfinished or "Dead" events in Limbo just because that creator is no longer working on them would not be a great thing for the overall game.
I'm not certain if Hugs quit completely, but considering that B announced on Twitter that he would be the main writer for Berwyn as of a month ago, and considering what people have said about his situation here on the forums (he's heavily burnt out and can't continue writing NSFW because its impacting his mental health (again, I'm not certain, but this is what I read)) I doubt that Hugs is going to be writing for CoC2 more.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I'm not certain if Hugs quit completely, but considering that B announced on Twitter that he would be the main writer for Berwyn as of a month ago, and considering what people have said about his situation here on the forums (he's heavily burnt out and can't continue writing NSFW because its impacting his mental health (again, I'm not certain, but this is what I read)) I doubt that Hugs is going to be writing for CoC2 more.

That's honestly really sad. I liked Hug's content a lot. I hope he gets better/gets help if he needs it. At the same time B says he'll try to keep Berwyn's character on a natural progression so that's encouraging as well.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: Tenalc13