Can't get APK to work

MetaGeek

Oct 11, 2020
So i have searched forums here for APK not installed error and tried the solutions and nothing has worked. I don't know why because I got an earlier version to work on the same phone but it just won't update. I have tried dragging it from my computer, different browsers and all permissions on my phone say it is allowed but I keep getting the same error. It may just be something wrong with the phone itself but I would like to ask if anyone else has experienced this and if they know how to fix it.

Just as a note the working build is 0.3.15 and i am trying to update to 0.4.5

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
In my experience, it tends to be due to how much space is left on your phone. It seems that even if you have enough space, Android stops apps from being installed when you're approaching the limit (I tend to get this with 1gb of space left.) Try making some space available.

1.) Go into your settings, App Info and empty cache for as many apps as possible. Things like your browser, Youtube, Imgur, Discord and Deviant Art tend to consume most of your phone's space.

2.) Throw some stuff onto an SD card.

3.) Upload some stuff to Google Drive or whatever you're preferred brand is and then delete the uploaded content from your phone.

After that try installing again and see if it takes.

MetaGeek

Oct 11, 2020
no dice, my phone doesn't even let me mount an sd card and i deleted as much as i could that I don't really need per say and it still keeps ditching and saying App Not installed after the install bar is near the end... but besides that i have it downloaded it just won't install so shouldn't the space already be accounted for?

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Try uploading the file to Google Drive. You can run the installation from there without having the app on your phone.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I also cannot install the apk and have the parsing error, got 200gb of clean space.
For the parsing error, possible solutions include:

You may not have set permissions for third party apps to be installed.

Something could've went wrong during the download. Try downloading the app again. Possibly with a different browser.

If you have anti-virus software, it could be preventing the installation (third party stuff tends to not pass as trusted programs due to not being widely used.)

Some claim the error disappears after enabling USB Debugging on your phone (requires dev mode.)

Reactions: Diesel435