Build Names

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
So as I go into what is probably my 13th try at making a "main" champion, I've noticed I've started putting names on the builds I've made. I was wondering if anyone else did this and if so, what are the names for your custom builds?

For my main boyo, I'm gonna try to make him a Frost Paladin, a sword and board who uses magic to buff himself and also uses ice magic to damage enemies. Since I take Brienne with me in that playthrough, I also kind of enjoy the "fire and ice" dynamic they have.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
My Black Mage champ is based around the possibilities of Mirror Stance so I tend to think of her build as 'Blue Mage' most of the time and 'Lina Inverse' whenever I swap her back to the Grease/Fireball rotation, for obvious reasons.

My Warrior has the pretty standard Charge Weapon/Smite Evil combo as part of her usual set so I think of her build as 'Paladin' (swapping in other thematic stuff like Power Wave as needed); I have a specific idea I'm hoping to go for with them but it'll depend on future powers and if we get some more greatspear-esque weapons. And then I'll see if I need to adjust things because she is definitely taking the Valkyrie TF when it's implemented, for roleplaying reasons.

My White Mage I've nicknamed 'Trappy Boy-Rosa' because I set him up with a bow a la early FF White Mages and gave him some archery skills to supplement the magic. It's not at all an optimized build but hey, it's fun.

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
I like to base all my characters on FF, DQ, or FE archetypes, so that's what I usually end up calling them by.

So, I might call my quick spellblade with buffs an Armamentalist, and b-mage with some tease attacks and the Elegant Dress a Gremory.

My main almost always ends up using charge weapon and SMITE, like a lot of people do. I like calling her "Generic Fantasy Hero" :D

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I have one build. It's called "Hit Things With A Big Sword Till They Die" and I love it. It involves warrior skills with assassinate so I can attack their weakspot for maximum damage, and a constantly rotating at will skill because I am indecisive and can't make up my mind. If I could just spam cleave I would but since I can't, gotta get that damage in somehow. Maybe I haven't built around magic classes properly but unironically taking a big sword to enemies is satisfying no matter the game.

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
I made many builds but my main is the "King of Thieves": thief+ mirror stance+ dastardly trick/ driving thrust for profit.
best build for stealing money, powers and your opponents hopes for a happy ending if you are really mean;).

The only things left on my " acquisition list" are Kas's hopes and dreams.

Exrav

Apr 17, 2020
My main champ I refer to as a Reaver, due to duel swords, light armor, high mobility, decent health, and shearing single target damage.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Right now i'm doing a dual wielding mage with charge weapon, alternating physical and magical skills depending on location and enemies. I named her a Knight Enchanter, as a reference to my Knight Enchanter from DAI, because i used to dual wield blades there as well, and also because charge weapon reminds me a lot of spirit blade from the KE class.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
Right now i'm doing a dual wielding mage with charge weapon, alternating physical and magical skills depending on location and enemies. I named her a Knight Enchanter, as a reference to my Knight Enchanter from DAI, because i used to dual wield blades there as well, and also because charge weapon reminds me a lot of spirit blade from the KE class.

Aaaah I love that class so much in DAI

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Right??? I used to mod the shit out of that game so i could use any weapons and armor. Then i'd grab light armor, a sword, then with spirit blade i was basically an immortal dual wielding mage ^^