Browser Specific Saves

humber-man

Feb 27, 2024
So this is probably me making a big series of mistakes without realizing it, but I digress. I played TiTS on the browser version because I liked doing it on my phone and didn't want to download another thing to it.

I played a decent amount because it was fun and well written, I enjoyed it. But I think a recent update between like December to now reset the saves on browser and since I was too stupid to use backups every once in a while, I lost basically everything. Is there a way to recover my old saves? Like rolling back to a different update on the browser or something? If that isn't possible at all I'd like to know that too

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
As far as an in-game way to recover data, there isn't one, sorry. You'll have to find a way that is specific to the device and/or browser you use since that is not something the game is in control of. For the future, I highly recommend using the Save To File feature, if possible, every so often to more reliably back up your save data.

Due to recurring reports of this happening recently, in the next release, there should now be an explicit warning about using save slots, just so it is clear to the player.

humber-man

Feb 27, 2024
Well, that's a bit disappointing to hear, but I figured this was a longshot anyways. Thanks for the quick reply by the way!

Definitely gonna make sure to save to file a lot more frequently, I feel so set back that it's hard to wrap my head around going through content again. I might just do it with a new character though, so it won't be that bad