Beauty Marks

BlackPick7

Mar 16, 2016
Was playing around with Membranes on an alternate save and noticed the lip piercing/beauty mark that becomes available after enough trust is gained. Just thought that maybe with The Facial Fairy there could be a way to have beauty marks without the membranes for those that aren't too fond of parasites.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Also @Jacques00, is there anything unique about the beauty mark mechanic that makes it specific to mimbranes, or could a TF be written up that used the same system and descriptions without much hassle?

Pulling everyone into this discussion. :D
I can answer as well :) it is handled by faceLipMimbraneDescript function, which can easily be repurposed to handle lip piercings or non-mimbrane beauty marks. The only minor problem would be overlap for those who have both mimbranes and marks. How would such situation be handled?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Sure, it's a thing that could happen. I'm not going to write it, though. Not really my thing.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Also @Jacques00, is there anything unique about the beauty mark mechanic that makes it specific to mimbranes, or could a TF be written up that used the same system and descriptions without much hassle?
There can be a face flag or cosmetic status effect to set it, sure. I just need a scene that enables/disables it and it can be added in. From what I'm aware, it is only mentioned in the appearance screen, so there shouldn't be any issues with having to weave the variable into other bits of the game.

BlackPick7

Mar 16, 2016
If someone does decide to do a sort of face-based TF, this would be a good time to also get in things like freckles.
Damn you for mentioning freckles. That one comment has reborn my obsession with girls who have dark skin and freckles.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Though now that i think about freckles I can't help but to think about how you can get different levels of coverage on your face as well as the rest of the body. Which kinda leaves me thinking that freckles would probably have to be their own TF.

Also as a question for the coders that is related to that thought, can TFs be made to use multiple doses at once to achieve a different effect? I know there are overdose and misues varients of other TFs but I don't recall anything similar to using mutliple doses at once.