Beautiful Dreamers. (In game.)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Lucid dreaming. A, poorly understood, phenomenon in which some people are able to retain control of their mental faculties while dreaming. People who have experienced it have described being able to have conversations with their dreams, interact with them, and in some cases, even exert control over them. Some people consider this ability a wonderous gift, while others see it as something to be feared as they have no idea when it will end. Still, others just try to enjoy it when it happens.
Regardless of their views on the matter, several such dreamers were about to receive a rude awakening as a strange tearing sound could be heard all around them, and their dreams were torn apart. What came next could only be described as falling through an ocean of swirling lights, and shadows, until after what felt like hours, they hit something solid.

Fiona Blick, James Warden, and Riona Bliss suddenly found themselves laying in the middle of a jungle, the likes of which they had only seen in movies. Massive trees soared into the sky, plants of every color of the rainbow grew everywhere, and long creeping vines seemed to coil around everything. Upon catching their breath, the first thing they noticed was each other, followed very swiftly by what they were all wearing.
James found himself clad in not but a fur loincloth, and boots, with a necklace of bear's claws around his neck and a large sword slung over his shoulder. Riona found that she was clad in a firm chest-piece and skirt made of cured leather, with a bow and arrows strapped to her back and a pair of knives at her waist. Finally, Fiona found herself wearing... nothing, save for a pair of sandals, a set of gold bracelets, and a necklace of gold discs, strung together with silver wire.
A quick look around revealed that they were standing in the shadow of a giant, roughly-carved, stone ape. It stood twelve feet tall, with cracks and pits showing the passage of time, and vines covering fully half of its form. But, its eyes, two rubies the size of a man's fists, glittered in the bright midday sun; as if regarding them, curiously.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden had been dreaming of rest. He was in a small shack on a mountainside just as the first snows were falling. He needed to get a fire started, but no matter how many sparks landed, the tinder wouldn't light. He breathed in, trying to calm himself, but breathed out in anger, blasting the firepit, the floor, and the far wall with a torrent of flames.

Realizing his mistake, Warden reached for the water bucket, but found that it was dry. He reached for a blanket to smother the fire, but it tore like tissue paper in his hands. Finally, he reached for the door, but the door had gone missing and left James trapped and alone in a burning box. There was probably meant to be a moral in it, but Warden had long since given up trying to analyze his dreams.

The ground cracked and buckled as the flames tore through them, and then… fell away. James fell, too, into the ocean of lights and shadows.

This is a jarring change even for the Dreamscape… he thought, as the drop went on and on and on.

All sense of time drifted away. He passed through astonishment, to awe, to confusion, fear, fury, despair, resignation, and finally into boredom. And then he hit the ground.

He should have woken up, then. You always woke up just before impact. Wasn’t that how the brain worked? And there were two people here that he didn’t recognize. That was another thing. You weren’t supposed to get unfamiliar faces in your dreams. A vague glimpse in passing might be enough, but Warden was certain that he had never laid eyes on either of them.

He got to his feet and looked at their surroundings, indifferent to their new state of dress, and tried to remember if you were supposed to feel sore in your dreams, too.

There was a question that needed to be asked here. Several, actually, but just the one would do for now. It was a stupid question and he knew it, but someone had to ask it first and get it over with.

“What… happened?

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
The sounds of idle chatter and clattering cutlery echoed around the small cafe interior where Fiona sat reading as she waited for an old friend turned recent lover to arrive. Idly turning a page she heard a tearing sound and hurriedly inspected the pages for the culprit of the sound. Finding no tears she returned to her reading as a hand was placed upon her shoulder and she found herself falling as the tearing echoed around her and the scenery devolved into swirling lights before the ground rapidly rushed up to meet her.

"Ow..." Fiona mumbled, rubbing her lower back where it had hit the ground before standing. "This...definitely isn't my dream... but what is-" Fiona started muttering to herself as she looked around before noticing first the other people and then her unexpected change in attire "-Eep!" she cried out in shock, hands quickly moving to cover her breasts and crotch as she slumped back onto her knees.

Looking at the man she struggled to find her voice amidst the mix of uncertainty and embarrassment swirling around her head "I-I don't know... but who" she shifted her gaze between the man and woman before her repeatedly before continuing to ask "-are you exactly...?"

GameSnek

Mar 3, 2021
Riona was standing before her old algebra teacher, top open and a smug grin on her face. She had been wanting him for some time. Closing her eyes she began to bend over the desk, but the desk wasn't there. Nothing was there to catch her as she began to fall more and more.
Finally her eyes opened as she was in some weirdo jungle next to a.. kinda hunky guy and a cute little bombshell. "Ok.. not the first time I've had a drunken threesome i don't remember, but definetly the first with cosplay and in the middle of a jungle tv show set...." Riona looked at the girl who asked who she was. "Well I'm Riona, my galpals call me RiRi, but you can call me whatever you like. same for you Mr. Tall, dark, and kinda hunky."

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Before the three could get better acquainted, a booming voice issued from the open mouth of the stone ape, bellowing like thunder. "Hear me, trespassers! those who would defile the great temple of Kongo'logo will face the wrath of her mighty guardians!!" As the booming voice resounded through the jungle, several large shapes fell from the trees and clambered over the rocks around them. They were surrounded by a dozen hulking, white-furred, gorillas; all of them hooting and pounding their chests. The first of the monstrous beasts lunged at the party, making to grab Fiona.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Warden snapped into action, bringing his sword down between Fiona and the oncoming guardian and rushing to stand in its way. Twisted dreamscape shenanigans or no, he’d read enough Robert E. Howard to understand what was expected of him. It was time to get into character.

Now… what would Conan say?

“We have neither trespassed nor defiled! We have no quarrel with your people, but I swear by the spirits of my ancestors that if you lay a hand on any of us, then I shall stain the trees red with the blood of the fallen!”

It wasn’t a very smart move. Bravado would either impress your foe or aggravate them, but it could still buy enough time to get into position or (better yet) find an escape route. He cast his eyes across the white-furred troop and motioned for the the other two to stay close.

And if they aren't willing to talk then this dream's about to turn even worse, he thought. Please don't rush us all at once...

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona turned her attention to the statue as the voice boomed out around them. Trespassers? Great temple? She thought to herself, confusion writ large on her face before her train of thought was interrupted at the statue's mention of guardians and the sight of the white-furred gorillas appearing around them.

"We mean no trespass nor harm upon you, if you will allow us to leave unscathed we- Eek!" Fiona began to plea towards the statue before scrambling back in fear at the sight of the the first of the white-furred apes lunging towards her, babbling apologies incomprehensibly she was so overcome with panic she failed to see the man's motion to stay close.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Fiona flailed her arms at the ape, a blast of fire sprang from her fingertips, and scorched the beast's head clean from its shoulders. The sudden flash of light and noise drove the other ape's over the edge, and the charged; seeking to pummel the group into submission.

[In order to fight off the apes, everyone roll two six-sided dice and add the stat that best applies to the way your character tries to fight. You need a seven or higher to come out victorious.]

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Roll: 2d6 + [STR]: (5 + 4) + (4) = 13 > 7 [SUCCESS]

Although Fiona’s magic had startled him as much as it had the guardians, James rallied quickly. Gripping his sword in both hands he charged to meet their simian opponents head-on, halting and soon overpowering the ones that had tried to rush him.

At the first break in the action he could manage, James glanced over to see how the other two were faring.

GameSnek

Mar 3, 2021
(so several things lol. first sorry for calling my character fiona, i have corrected it. again sorry bout that.. was not in the most clear of mind when i made that post. lots of stuff has been going on irl for me and thats why ive been so slow on replys. second... how do i roll dice on here?)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[If you don't have any dice, just type 'roll dice' on google, it'll bring up a dice roller.]

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
(If you go the google route, just type roll 2d6 and it'll automatically roll them for you)

Roll: 2d6 6+4+ Cha(1) = 11

Fiona sat stunned, startled into silence by the blast of fire before collecting herself. "We don't wish to cause more bloodshed, stand down" She said as she stood, trying to sound as commanding as possible. Please listen, please go away. she thought to herself as she stood in place, trying to hide the shaking of her legs

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
While James was able to keep the beasts back, for a time, it was Fiona's words that seemed to give them pause. Sadly, before any further words could be exchanged, a deafening roar filled the air, and the ape men all began frantically looking about. Another roar bellowed forth, and sent them scurrying back to the trees from where they came. Just as the last ape disappeared, the trees parted and a huge beast strode into the small clearing on legs like tree trunks. The huge head filled with serrated teeth, coupled with its tiny arms, left no doubt as to what it was... a Tyrannosaurus-Rex.
Suddenly, the statue boomed again. "You claim peace, yet you bring the mighty Razor-Tooth to our very doorstep? A pox on you deceivers!" As the statue spoke, the T-Rex sniffed the air, and its eyes focused on the three humans.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
James stared up at the Tyrannosaurus, his expression changing from slack-jawed shock to a confident smirk. As if he hadn’t dreamed of exactly this a hundred times since he was eight…

He nodded to Fiona, and then to Riona, hoisting his sword to rest across his shoulder.

“Well, sounds like this one is fair game. What do you say we carve this overgrown turkey?”

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Fine by me, just don't stand still. It can still see you if you don't move and we don't want to see if being eaten wakes us up..." Fiona said before raising her hands, palms forward towards the scaled beast.

GameSnek

Mar 3, 2021
(once again, very sorry for taking so long. caught the covid so i have been far to sick to even think about anything.)

Riona looked at the T-rex in amazement and paralyzed fear. "S-Seriously!? what kind of Jurassic Park bullshit have i been dragged too?"
Then, after slowly gathering her composure she followed the other two's example and began to raise her bow and arrow, shakily aiming it at the thunder lizard's big eye.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The mighty beast, sensing the challenge, let loose a deafening roar before lunging at the group.

[Everyone give me some rolls.]

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
[2d6: 3+5+int(3) = 11]

Flinching as the beast roared Fiona took a deep breath to calm herself. I don't know how I did it before... but if I did it once surely I could do it again She thought to herself as she focused, aiming at one of the T-Rex's legs as she imagined another fireball launching from her outstretched hands.

(Also a question for future rolls, if we wanted to take multiple actions such as investigating a locked door then trying to unlock/break it down would we be able to make multiple rolls for a single post or is it one action per post situation?)

GameSnek

Mar 3, 2021
[2d6: 2+6+agi(2) = 10]

Riona quickly lets go of the arrow before diving out of the way of the beast.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
[2d6: 3+4+STR(4) = 11]

James took his weapon in both hands and rushed past the saurian, striking it on the ankle to get its attention before moving to its rear. "C'mon, tiny! Follow me!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As the beast lunged, Fiona's fireball ignited beneath it, causing the brute to rear back and blanketing the area around them in smoke. Arrows flew, and sword slashed, taking its legs out from under it and the beast fell forward. Hitting the ground head first, the sheer weight of its own body pressed down on its neck, causing it to bend at an odd angle, and the air was filled with a horrible crack, as the creature went limp and then lay still. The whole thing was over in a matter of seconds, and the three stood triumphant over heir foe.

[You can make as many rolls as seems reasonable. Just try not to plow ahead of the rest of the group. If in doubt, limit yourself to three rolls in one post.]

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
“Huh. That usually takes longer.”

James paused to clean off his sword before returning to clearing’s center.

“So tell us, o simian statue: do the three of us need to slaughter more megafauna or are you satisfied that we come in peace?”

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona blanched at the crack of the beast's neck. "I thought it would fall on it's side, not like that..." she muttered, holding a hand over her mouth as her stomach rumbled ominously.

"Please say there won't be any more fighting... I don't think I could take it..." She squeaked as she curled up, clutching her stomach as it lurched painfully.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The booming voice of the statue blared once more. "Valiant warriors, you have proven yourselves in the eyes of the great ape, and slew the horrid serpent. You have our eternal gratitude." As the words faded, the front of the statue began to crumble away, and revealed that the inside was hollow. There in the open stomach lay heaps of glittering gold, and sparkling jewels of every shape and color.
Alas, just before the heros could help themselves to their newfound wealth, a familiar tearing sound filled the air, and the world began to fall apart around them. Once more they found themselves falling through shadow and light only to collide with another shining beacon.

The three of them came to a stop in, what looked like, clear glass coffins. Each was set against the wall, and held in place by mechanical struts. As one, the containers all opened, and the three companions were unceremoniously dumped on the cold metal floor, in nothing but their underwear. Looking around, they saw that on the opposite wall was a line of lockers, and a quick search revealed that each of them had one assigned to them. In the lockers were a set of coveralls and shoes. James suit had a patch on the left breast that read 'mechanic'. Riona's said 'medical'. Finaly, Fiona's read 'weapons expert'. Suddenly, a digitized voice piped up from over a PA system. "All crewmen, please report to the bridge. All crewmen, please report to the bridge."

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
"Yep, it's gonna be one of those nights..." James sighed and dressed himself quickly.

"Not sure why you two are still here, though. I thought it was part of the other dream."

He glanced at the patch of Fiona's uniform and stifled a laugh. "Ouch. Just asked for no more fighting, and now you're on 'Weapons'. At least you get proper clothes this time, right?"

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona quickly dressed herself before sighing. "I'm no expert on weapons so unless these dreams have been secretly altering our memories, this is going to suck..." Looking around for a moment Fiona couldn't help but wonder aloud "So... how do we get to the bridge from here?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
A quick look around revealed a map of the ship they were on, and the fastest way to the bridge. Following the directions, the group soon found themselves in the foremost part of the vessel, and a bewildering array of seats, monitors, and controls stretched before them. Standing in the middle of the whole thing was a single man, a bearded fellow in his mid forties, whos jumpsuit simply read captain. Looking the group over, he smiled. "Ah, you're all awake. The ship's computer woke us up early because something struck the side of the vessel, and breached the hull. Fortunately, emergency shutters closed off the hole before total decompression could happen, but I need you all to head down to the cargo hold and find out what hit us."

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Okay, the ship’s probably been boarded, thought James. Expect pseudopods.

He got into character, saluting the captain and putting on an obviously fake Scottish accent.

“Aye, cap’n! We’ll be down an’ back in a jiff. If the site could be sealed afore decom, then the damage shouldnae be too rough.” He turned toward the door, then turned back. “How big was the impact, anyway? Do we know?”